Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NuVasive Stryde stopped shipping  (Read 13584 times)

Shhh

• Visitor
Re: NuVasive Stryde stopped shipping
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2021, 10:26:52 PM »

Dr. Janet Conway Baltimore MD.  She is best described as a brilliant sweetheart; her bedside is palpable/cannot more highly recommend.  I had a screw loose....ha....but true.  She found it early, was nearly all the way out.  She replaced screw with a different manufacturer part b/c the styrde screws have too little threads.  Jury still out on full results of course b/c it really is too soon.  I'm walking without assist or device but with a prominent limp.  Consolidation was Jan 15th, 2021.  I made it to 8cm despite my advanced age due to flexibility (was a gymnast) and even at 51 y/o I could still do a split to the floor right before the surgery.  I think that's the only way I made it to 8cm.  Dr. Conway was beyond cautious the whole way.  She would have preferred 65-70mm. 
Worth it?  Well I have lost feeling on the front of my left tibia (saphneous nerve) and it's not getting better.  But that is just a sensory nerve/doesn't do much anyway.  I can live w/o that.  Is it worth losing the ability to play some sports that I did previously?  IDK about that b/c if I can't play basketball again I will be very disappointed.  But quite honestly I can't even dream of that at the moment.  I would just like to walk like I haven't been riding a horse for a week straight.  But 3" taller?  That goes a long long way.  No more shoe lifts etc...I definitely feel more confident.   Sounds shallow and it is really but thus far i do not regret.

permanentlybanned

« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2021, 10:52:18 PM »

Dr. Janet Conway Baltimore MD.  She is best described as a brilliant sweetheart; her bedside is palpable/cannot more highly recommend.  I had a screw loose....ha....but true.  She found it early, was nearly all the way out.  She replaced screw with a different manufacturer part b/c the styrde screws have too little threads.  Jury still out on full results of course b/c it really is too soon.  I'm walking without assist or device but with a prominent limp.  Consolidation was Jan 15th, 2021.  I made it to 8cm despite my advanced age due to flexibility (was a gymnast) and even at 51 y/o I could still do a split to the floor right before the surgery.  I think that's the only way I made it to 8cm.  Dr. Conway was beyond cautious the whole way.  She would have preferred 65-70mm. 
Worth it?  Well I have lost feeling on the front of my left tibia (saphneous nerve) and it's not getting better.  But that is just a sensory nerve/doesn't do much anyway.  I can live w/o that.  Is it worth losing the ability to play some sports that I did previously?  IDK about that b/c if I can't play basketball again I will be very disappointed.  But quite honestly I can't even dream of that at the moment.  I would just like to walk like I haven't been riding a horse for a week straight.  But 3" taller?  That goes a long long way.  No more shoe lifts etc...I definitely feel more confident.   Sounds shallow and it is really but thus far i do not regret.

Still early for numbness so don't worry it'll get better eventually. Very impressive you did 8cm considering your age and I am glad you are  hapy 😀
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

Arctic

• Visitor
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2021, 10:55:13 PM »

I'm in the same situation as a few others...had surgery coming up and then got the news about the recall. Heavily considering going with the Precice 2.2 as I will be doing around a 5cm-6cm tibia lengthening first followed by a 5cm-6cm femur lengthening a month later to get the best proportions. I am fairly thin and young so hopefully my recovery time is not too much longer. I have also heard from my doctor the same news as some others reported, that a new Stryde nail will not be available until a year from now. Don't want to wait that long for surgery when I could already be walking normally with the Precice by then.

V21

« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2021, 11:30:41 PM »

Hey guys, could you elaborate on the info given by your doctors? I must decide between Precice 2 on June or waiting until september. Giotikas says Stryde may be back on september, but some doctor seem to be talking about a year from now lol. In that case Precice no doubt, I just want to de 5.5 cm femur, it's not THAT bad

Stryde2021

« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2021, 11:33:46 PM »

Check your private messages

PANDA:BEAR..

« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2021, 12:01:33 AM »

Hi Shhh...I'm very happy for you... just give it time.. the nerve feeling should come back.
The new height is well worth it ... Panda

las vegas baby

« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2021, 05:19:02 AM »

didn't you ask her why she wants you to get cobalt blood test?

and great to have you here big bro! you HAVE to show us your recovery state as videos being the eldest of the clan  ;)

Siegfried

« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2021, 06:16:55 AM »

My doctor is in direct contact with nuvasive On a daily basis and he is confident stryde will be finished by June/July 2021.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

canterk

« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2021, 06:46:24 AM »

I contacted several doctors and was told that they're expecting precice test results to be ready by april but no estimate on stryde. Note they mentioned "test results" so I assume actual resolution i.e. resumption of nail shipment and fda approval is a whole other thing.

las vegas baby

« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2021, 07:10:08 AM »

nothing like good ole ilizarov lads. do it once, endure the pins, stop early due to pain and fear, recover well and never look back.

Siegfried

« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2021, 07:13:44 AM »

The nail does not have to be approved by the fda since it was never disaproved. It was recalled by nuvasive on their own agenda.
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Body Builder

« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2021, 08:47:02 AM »

nothing like good ole ilizarov lads. do it once, endure the pins, stop early due to pain and fear, recover well and never look back.
Truly, nothing is more painless, cheap and safe compared to pure external on tibias.

V21

« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2021, 08:59:11 AM »

My doctor is in direct contact with nuvasive On a daily basis and he is confident stryde will be finished by June/July 2021.
I don't understand these different opinions. Giotikas says maybe late August at the earliest, but Rozbruch and Debiparshad say next year

las vegas baby

« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2021, 08:32:52 PM »

Truly, nothing is more painless, cheap and safe compared to pure external on tibias.

All doctors disagree with you. Even most patients disagree with you. even u didnt have a "perfect" experience right? Femur lengthening using internal nails is best tolerated. look at the patients today, walking around during distraction, going to work and doing sports as early as 6 months.

las vegas baby

« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2021, 08:34:03 PM »

I don't understand these different opinions. Giotikas says maybe late August at the earliest, but Rozbruch and Debiparshad say next year

Debiparshad said next year? So hes effectively paused all surgeries for a year? we wont see any media articles this whole year then?

V21

« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2021, 08:44:25 PM »

Debiparshad said next year? So hes effectively paused all surgeries for a year? we wont see any media articles this whole year then?
No more Stryde for now, but Precice will still be used. I'm doing Precice 2.2 it seems lol

Body Builder

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2021, 10:38:50 PM »

All doctors disagree with you. Even most patients disagree with you. even u didnt have a "perfect" experience right? Femur lengthening using internal nails is best tolerated. look at the patients today, walking around during distraction, going to work and doing sports as early as 6 months.
I used monorails. If I used hexapod I would never have had any problem. But then we didn't have the knowledge we have now about what is the best choice.
Still after a fix surgery I am very good.

Almost everyone agrees that external tibias are far more painless than internals.
And after all I have a personal experience which was 100% painless after the first week while almost all that use internals need heavy painkillers to tolerate it.

And finally, the.doctors that disagree with me are some merchants like D who could promote invisible lengthening and not some bulky fixators that people are afraid of, have much less money for him and needs much better skills than just puting an internal nail.

Doing everyday works at 6 months is important and I am not against stryde. I always say that it is the biggest innovation in LL in the last 30+ years.
But still internals needs 2 major surgeries to put on and.out,  have more significant risks like embolism, can cause knee pain and are much more expensive than externals.
Of course, for femurs they are the only way. But for tibias they are not the best way except someone who care more about time and having something invisible than longterm risks, having another major surgery in the future and at least 20-30k euros more to spend.
Everyone can choose the best for his needs. But it isna fact that at least in terms of pain and longterm risks pure externals are superior.

Tartar

« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »

Yes you can walk anytime with internal femur but then there are people with bend/broken nail, or maybe they can end up with bow femurs due to bending. It's not a walking in the park because there are many risks and it's way more difficult and invasive to fix if you mess it. The great thing of internals is not the weight bearing itself but the fact you can have a proper rehab avoiding externals old devices that leads in big scarring. Then if the nail is big enough you can even walk without worries.
If I had done tibias I would have chosen external for sure. They are safer and they allow a good assured weight bearing (I'm not sure about how much).

permanentlybanned

« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2021, 01:40:35 AM »

I think what puts people off for externals in the long àss time in frames. Just feels so long, 7.5 months to 10 months in frames for only 5cm. I would do it but it is just longer than my patience and probably becomes very depressing fast
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

las vegas baby

« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2021, 05:39:54 AM »

No more Stryde for now, but Precice will still be used. I'm doing Precice 2.2 it seems lol

with Kevin Debiparshad?

las vegas baby

« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2021, 05:45:12 AM »

I used monorails. If I used hexapod I would never have had any problem. But then we didn't have the knowledge we have now about what is the best choice.
Still after a fix surgery I am very good.

Almost everyone agrees that external tibias are far more painless than internals.
And after all I have a personal experience which was 100% painless after the first week while almost all that use internals need heavy painkillers to tolerate it.

And finally, the.doctors that disagree with me are some merchants like D who could promote invisible lengthening and not some bulky fixators that people are afraid of, have much less money for him and needs much better skills than just puting an internal nail.

Doing everyday works at 6 months is important and I am not against stryde. I always say that it is the biggest innovation in LL in the last 30+ years.
But still internals needs 2 major surgeries to put on and.out,  have more significant risks like embolism, can cause knee pain and are much more expensive than externals.
Of course, for femurs they are the only way. But for tibias they are not the best way except someone who care more about time and having something invisible than longterm risks, having another major surgery in the future and at least 20-30k euros more to spend.
Everyone can choose the best for his needs. But it isna fact that at least in terms of pain and longterm risks pure externals are superior.

I seen no tibia patient recover like movie or that stryde nail challenge dude. I think longer tibia just arent good for athleticism. also they dont look good. people can tell theyre too long.

yea yea I hear ya on how its 2 surgeries with internals and risk of embolism. Thats true. But all said and done people who do femur internals seem to just do damn well compared to tibial people.

ALL doctors I Know prefer doing internal femur lengthening if a patient wants to grow taller. See cyborg4life's channel. Not just "Mr Merchant" as you call him  ;D

Siegfried

« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2021, 09:52:44 AM »

guys, please keep this thread about the nuvasive mess

las vegas baby

« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2021, 07:15:03 PM »

sorry my bad.

Body Builder

« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2021, 09:10:23 PM »

I seen no tibia patient recover like movie or that stryde nail challenge dude. I think longer tibia just arent good for athleticism. also they dont look good. people can tell theyre too long.

yea yea I hear ya on how its 2 surgeries with internals and risk of embolism. Thats true. But all said and done people who do femur internals seem to just do damn well compared to tibial people.

ALL doctors I Know prefer doing internal femur lengthening if a patient wants to grow taller. See cyborg4life's channel. Not just "Mr Merchant" as you call him  ;D
All the doctors you mention earn much more money with intrernals and the surgery is way easier so yes, they prefer it.

Now you do another vs except from internals-externals, you compare tibias vs femurs.
This is another big conversation and we are completely offtopic here.
However, if I could turn back time i would still do external tibias again but with hexapod to walk unaided from the first weeks and have perfectly aligned bones, without internal nails and all these bs.
But now, if I do another LL which is not in my final plans though, of course I would choose stryde for femurs as it is the best nail (unless there are safety reason) and internals is the only way for femurs.
As you see I don't disqualify internals and especially that nail but for my priorities , externals were the best and still I believe it is the safest and most painless way of LL.

V21

« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2021, 12:43:46 PM »

Q3 they say now:https://www.nuvasive.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NSO-Precice-FSN-United-States-Biodur.pdf

It's hard to know if it's reasonable to wait for September... What do you think guys? I guess this is Q3 at best to end the tests, but it may take longer to come back? I'm thinking os just doing Precice 2 on June

canterk

« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2021, 03:11:53 PM »

This is very bad news. I know testing needs to be extensive but Q3 to finish tests? In that case we'd be lucky to have stryde widely available by Q1 next year. I don't know about different countries rules but I'd imagine some sort of approval will have to happen as well. Can anyone confirm this for EU (Greece)? I know in Asia (Korea) they require a separate approval from their local FDA, this is according to my source who spoke with Dr Lee's office.

V21

« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2021, 03:36:44 PM »

This is very bad news. I know testing needs to be extensive but Q3 to finish tests? In that case we'd be lucky to have stryde widely available by Q1 next year. I don't know about different countries rules but I'd imagine some sort of approval will have to happen as well. Can anyone confirm this for EU (Greece)? I know in Asia (Korea) they require a separate approval from their local FDA, this is according to my source who spoke with Dr Lee's office.
That's my doubt. Since the recall was voluntary, I don't know if Stryde will be available after finishing tests, or if there must be permission. If the latter, it will take to end of year at least yeah

BreaktoGrow

« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2021, 04:27:35 PM »

Is it unrealistic to expect Stryde to be available in 2021?

Siegfried

« Reply #214 on: March 03, 2021, 05:02:06 PM »

Nuvasive has stated that testing will be completed in Q3 - So yes it is realistic!

BreaktoGrow

« Reply #215 on: March 03, 2021, 05:46:37 PM »

If testing finishes in Q3, wouldn't development and distribution take several months?

Siegfried

« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2021, 06:09:00 PM »

What needs to be developed? As far as i've understood, it's a formal and mandatory series of tests, which they seemingly missed out on. I dont think that the nail will be modified after the tests are completed. This is also what my doctor told me. Distribution should not take that long.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up