Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taking the first step - 1.677cm  (Read 1599 times)

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
Taking the first step - 1.677cm
« on: August 06, 2021, 09:17:56 AM »

Starting my journey today and have thought about this for a year but I've come to an understanding that I will definitely get CLL. Currently 22 years old, planning to get CLL in the next few years.

The reason being three fold:
- A relationship (partially) failed due to my height, which left me mentally scarred and a scary amount of height neurosis. 
- I get respected less because of my height in my career field. Comments are constantly made about it and everyone seems to be much taller all the time.
- I hate shopping for clothes and how I look sometimes visually. I look stumpy and pants never fit me right, always have to get tailored. So yeah, my legs are short it seems.

I feel like I’ve got everything else. I’m successful (have more than enough cash to do 2 surgeries in the U.S. if need be) and I’m decently handsome. I’ve got a great, positive personality and have charisma. I'm actually fine with never getting CLL because of everything else going well in my life. However, if I have the means to do it and have everything else, then it'd feel nice to have height too :)

I’ve never really had issues dating but definitely my financial success has catapulted me in that arena. I'm not dating 6ft models but most girls same height or below seems to ignore my height for the most part.   

So once again, the only thing that is missing in my life is height. It comes up too much in my mind and I’ve become addicted to shoe lifts.

I’m currently 167.7cm (5’6). I’m looking to get 7-8cm in Femur to become ~175cm (5’9). I don’t care about regaining 100% of my athletic ability as I’m not nor ever will be a professional athlete. I haven’t played sports in years.

Reason why I think I’d be satisfied with 175cm is:
- I’ll be taller than 98% of females without them wearing heels. With shoes and/or lifts, I’ll be 98% of the time be taller than them wearing heels.
- My previous partner was the same height as me. If she wore 4in heels, I’d now be the same height without shoes (with shoes, taller).
- If I still get insecure about height at a corporate event, I can get away with 3in lift boots to become 6 foot (not noticeable and I can comfortably walk around). 

So I think I’d be happy and life changing to be 5’9, and will most likely not need Tibia (5cm) boosts. However I am curious because of my young age and I'm in a normal athletic condition (not fat, not ripped, pretty normal), is it actually fine for me to go for the whole ~5-6in? Who knows.

Money is not an issue and I work remotely for now and the foreseeable future.

The only thing is my bones are pretty weak (poor bone density doing DEXA scan) and I have basically no upper body strength so I’m committing the next 12-24 months to improving those drastically - as well as stretching and flexibility.
I was thinking about getting the surgery done in Vegas with Dr. Perishad but wonder how big the difference is getting it done locally (Australia).

Recap:

Currently
167.7cm / 5’6
170cm / 5’7 with Normal shoes (+2.5)
171.7cm / 5’8 with Jordans (+4)
175cm / 5’9 with 3in lifts Boots (+8)

After (achieving 7cm minimum)
174.7cm / 5’9
177.2cm / 5’10 with Normal shoes (+2.5)
178.7cm / 5’10 with Jordans (+4)
182.7cm / 6’0 with 3in lifts Boots (+8)

After potential Tibia LL (5cm?)
179.7 / 5'11
182.2 / 5'12 or ~6' ;) with Normal shoes (+2.5)
(would most likely never wear lifts ever again)

SirStretchAlot

Re: Taking the first step - 1.677cm
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 09:54:46 AM »

Starting my journey today and have thought about this for a year but I've come to an understanding that I will definitely get CLL. Currently 22 years old, planning to get CLL in the next few years.

The reason being three fold:
- A relationship (partially) failed due to my height, which left me mentally scarred and a scary amount of height neurosis. 
- I get respected less because of my height in my career field. Comments are constantly made about it and everyone seems to be much taller all the time.
- I hate shopping for clothes and how I look sometimes visually. I look stumpy and pants never fit me right, always have to get tailored. So yeah, my legs are short it seems.

I feel like I’ve got everything else. I’m successful (have more than enough cash to do 2 surgeries in the U.S. if need be) and I’m decently handsome. I’ve got a great, positive personality and have charisma. I'm actually fine with never getting CLL because of everything else going well in my life. However, if I have the means to do it and have everything else, then it'd feel nice to have height too :)

I’ve never really had issues dating but definitely my financial success has catapulted me in that arena. I'm not dating 6ft models but most girls same height or below seems to ignore my height for the most part.   

So once again, the only thing that is missing in my life is height. It comes up too much in my mind and I’ve become addicted to shoe lifts.

I’m currently 167.7cm (5’6). I’m looking to get 7-8cm in Femur to become ~175cm (5’9). I don’t care about regaining 100% of my athletic ability as I’m not nor ever will be a professional athlete. I haven’t played sports in years.

Reason why I think I’d be satisfied with 175cm is:
- I’ll be taller than 98% of females without them wearing heels. With shoes and/or lifts, I’ll be 98% of the time be taller than them wearing heels.
- My previous partner was the same height as me. If she wore 4in heels, I’d now be the same height without shoes (with shoes, taller).
- If I still get insecure about height at a corporate event, I can get away with 3in lift boots to become 6 foot (not noticeable and I can comfortably walk around). 

So I think I’d be happy and life changing to be 5’9, and will most likely not need Tibia (5cm) boosts. However I am curious because of my young age and I'm in a normal athletic condition (not fat, not ripped, pretty normal), is it actually fine for me to go for the whole ~5-6in? Who knows.

Money is not an issue and I work remotely for now and the foreseeable future.

The only thing is my bones are pretty weak (poor bone density doing DEXA scan) and I have basically no upper body strength so I’m committing the next 12-24 months to improving those drastically - as well as stretching and flexibility.
I was thinking about getting the surgery done in Vegas with Dr. Perishad but wonder how big the difference is getting it done locally (Australia).

Recap:

Currently
167.7cm / 5’6
170cm / 5’7 with Normal shoes (+2.5)
171.7cm / 5’8 with Jordans (+4)
175cm / 5’9 with 3in lifts Boots (+8)

After (achieving 7cm minimum)
174.7cm / 5’9
177.2cm / 5’10 with Normal shoes (+2.5)
178.7cm / 5’10 with Jordans (+4)
182.7cm / 6’0 with 3in lifts Boots (+8)

After potential Tibia LL (5cm?)
179.7 / 5'11
182.2 / 5'12 or ~6' ;) with Normal shoes (+2.5)
(would most likely never wear lifts ever again)

First of all congratulations on having the wherewithall to afford 2 sugeries in a few years. Judging by your west coast preference, I'm assuming you're a FAANG SWE? Being able to work remote is very helpful to LL.

Small talk aside, being 175~ is still slightly below the US average of 177~. My experience with NA Girls is that they require 178cm(5'10)+, and prefers 182cm(6')+ in natural height. Shoe lifts simply won't cut it in homes, so I would throw those heights out of your thinking.

Being 168cm and 22, you're the perfect candidate for CLL. However, doing 2 surgeries will take more than 8 months and will distort your entire body ratio.

Your bone density and upper body strength problems are a direct result of lack of exercise. Height and figure matters more to women in aggregate than face, as the latter is subjective across individuals and races. To up your game and bones, you need to start doing some weight-bearing exercises and take calcium/vitaminD/K2 supplements. The only thing girls hate more than fat boys are skinny boys.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 11:14:05 AM »

Duplicate *removed*

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 11:28:12 AM »

Duplicate *removed*

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 11:28:47 AM »

First of all congratulations on having the wherewithall to afford 2 sugeries in a few years. Judging by your west coast preference, I'm assuming you're a FAANG SWE? Being able to work remote is very helpful to LL.

Small talk aside, being 175~ is still slightly below the US average of 177~. My experience with NA Girls is that they require 178cm(5'10)+, and prefers 182cm(6')+ in natural height. Shoe lifts simply won't cut it in homes, so I would throw those heights out of your thinking.

Being 168cm and 22, you're the perfect candidate for CLL. However, doing 2 surgeries will take more than 8 months and will distort your entire body ratio.

Your bone density and upper body strength problems are a direct result of lack of exercise. Height and figure matters more to women in aggregate than face, as the latter is subjective across individuals and races. To up your game and bones, you need to start doing some weight-bearing exercises and take calcium/vitaminD/K2 supplements. The only thing girls hate more than fat boys are skinny boys.

Wont go into details of my career but yes it's in tech :).

Good to know ~177 is average and ideal height starts around 178-182. I was going off some websites but understand those might not be entirely accurate when it comes to Country averages.

You're right, if I went with 2 surgeries, most likely would look a bit weird considering I probably have a normal wingspan for my height (I think 168cm, so same as height). I'm split on this because I've heard others say it's not very noticeable but others say it is. I personally don't think I'd mind too much unless I looked like a freak haha!

Since becoming of means, I've hired a dietician and personal trainer. They're making me take Vit D 2000UL a day and fish oil + increasing my dairy intake through milk and cheese. No K2 or Calcium supplements yet.

My ideal plan is to add some size and get lean to decide if I even want to do CLL. At that point, it might not even make sense because I might get a huge confidence boost from that. I'll have an attractive face, body and status. But most likely, I'll still have neurosis and want everything to be perfect so haha, CLL it is!

I've just read your entire thread, thanks for sharing your journey. A few questions if you don't mind answering:

1) It seems like the takeaway from your thread is the complications you faced wouldn't of occurred if you waited for Stryde? and the fact there was an error in your first op
2) You started at a similar height to me (I believe 170cm). Where are you at now and how different does it feel? In terms of every day life, interactions with people, dating, walking around in public. Has it started to cure your neurosis?
3) What are the main pre-op prep and post-op tips you'd recommend? (now that you've gone through the process :)

Sorry for the multiple duplicate posts, glitch on my end!

ryand2021

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 10:00:28 AM »

A couple of thoughts -

1. I wouldn't do LL simply for dating reasons. From my own observations and experiences in the past, a decent height is an important factor in dating but not a deal breaker for most people. It makes some sense that you want 5'9, but I can tell you that I have many friends who are 6'0+ but still struggling to find a date due to their race & ethnicity (which they have no control of). It sucks, but it is how it is. So you should think about what are the factors causing your current struggles in dating - is it really caused by height, or is it caused by a combination of factors (wealth, how you present yourself, personality, etc.).

2. As mentioned previously by another person, you should try to adjust your way of life (go to gym, get more exercises, pick up a new hobby, make some new friends and stay away from the toxic ones who routinely judge your height, etc.) because these activities help you determine if height is the the real hurdle you must resolve to restore your confidence. I often see guys who used to be unhappy about their height became happier & more confident after making significant progress in career, personal finance or simply find a new relationship. So the big question here is, is LL the only way?
LL: March 2021; Femur Precice 2 with Paley
Before: 170cm; After: 178cm.

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 11:22:36 AM »

A couple of thoughts -

1. I wouldn't do LL simply for dating reasons. From my own observations and experiences in the past, a decent height is an important factor in dating but not a deal breaker for most people. It makes some sense that you want 5'9, but I can tell you that I have many friends who are 6'0+ but still struggling to find a date due to their race & ethnicity (which they have no control of). It sucks, but it is how it is. So you should think about what are the factors causing your current struggles in dating - is it really caused by height, or is it caused by a combination of factors (wealth, how you present yourself, personality, etc.).

2. As mentioned previously by another person, you should try to adjust your way of life (go to gym, get more exercises, pick up a new hobby, make some new friends and stay away from the toxic ones who routinely judge your height, etc.) because these activities help you determine if height is the the real hurdle you must resolve to restore your confidence. I often see guys who used to be unhappy about their height became happier & more confident after making significant progress in career, personal finance or simply find a new relationship. So the big question here is, is LL the only way?

I'll be honest, some days I have no height neurosis and other days it's glaring. I do think I can live life fine without CLL but that's only because of other factors (looks, wealth, success in dating).

I went for a walk today and noticed all the guys with their partners were *around* my height, made me feel like a bit better haha!

I do think my dating life is limited in terms of people who will be genuinely attracted to my looks. That's a huge reason why I want CLL, to be more attractive. So I actually don't have an issue right now and some dates I go on the women are taller but that's only because of my status in life. I would rather them be genuinely happy and attracted to me and sometimes for taller women that can only happen if their man is taller.

I also want CLL to look better in photos. Depending on the angle I'll look like a model or a munchkin hahaha! In my eyes at least.

At this point, maybe CLL is not worth it to be 5'9 is what you're saying? You had roughly same stats as me, how has it changed your life? Going from 170 to 178. I'll have a look through your profile to find if you've already answered this.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 08:27:44 PM »

Good luck! You’re making a good decision by getting it while you’re still pretty young. Your recovery will be great and you’ll be able to enjoy your 20s with no regrets.

At 174-175 you’ll have a good time!
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

ryand2021

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2021, 10:12:14 PM »

5'10 does not make dating experience substantially easier than 5'7. You may get a few more swipes on dating apps here and there, but it is unrealistic to think that 3 inches can completely change your dating life. If you go from 5'6 to 5'9, some taller women won't consider your height as a deal breaker, but they still won't be attracted to you solely for your height & look. Your success in dating will still be dependent on other factors such as personality, wealth and way of life.

However, being taller (especially going from way below average to above average) does create some positive long-term benefits in other ways: you will likely be more confident in yourself ---> the way you treat yourself and others will be more positive ---> you will be a happier person ---> people like to be associated with you because you're happy and positive ---> you will have more friends and connections ---> potentially it will open the door to opportunities in career or relationships.
LL: March 2021; Femur Precice 2 with Paley
Before: 170cm; After: 178cm.

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2021, 12:12:18 AM »

5'10 does not make dating experience substantially easier than 5'7. You may get a few more swipes on dating apps here and there, but it is unrealistic to think that 3 inches can completely change your dating life. If you go from 5'6 to 5'9, some taller women won't consider your height as a deal breaker, but they still won't be attracted to you solely for your height & look. Your success in dating will still be dependent on other factors such as personality, wealth and way of life.

However, being taller (especially going from way below average to above average) does create some positive long-term benefits in other ways: you will likely be more confident in yourself ---> the way you treat yourself and others will be more positive ---> you will be a happier person ---> people like to be associated with you because you're happy and positive ---> you will have more friends and connections ---> potentially it will open the door to opportunities in career or relationships.

I should clarify, I don't use dating apps and not doing this to get more swipes. I want to be more a more physically attractive in person, I just think I'd go from a solid 7 to a 8/9 looks wise if I was to be 5'9 instead of 5'6. I'd look better in suits and other clothes that currently look good but I *look* short in.

I agree with your other comments and makes me confident doing CLL is a net positive.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2021, 03:14:39 PM »

5'10 does not make dating experience substantially easier than 5'7.

Yes it does.

You may get a few more swipes on dating apps here and there, but it is unrealistic to think that 3 inches can completely change your dating life.

You'll also get more "swipes" in person.  If women liking you more online and in the flesh isn't what makes dating easier, what does?

If you go from 5'6 to 5'9, some taller women won't consider your height as a deal breaker,

Most short women won't consider your height a deal breaker either at 5'9.

but they still won't be attracted to you solely for your height & look.

That was never enough for anything but a swinger.

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2021, 11:30:59 PM »

Yes it does.

You'll also get more "swipes" in person.  If women liking you more online and in the flesh isn't what makes dating easier, what does?

Most short women won't consider your height a deal breaker either at 5'9.

That was never enough for anything but a swinger.

Agree with what you say here. And again, not doing this for dating. Doing it for increase in physical attractiveness and confidence (walking around, being taller than woman to make me feel more masculine). I don't care about being shorter than other guys.

Doing CLL for me might be a no brainer? I have more than enough money to make sure I get the best and safe offering possible, will shell out extra costs on top notch PT and carers. Also doing this when I'm 23-25 in an athletic state will probably make it so much easier than others on here, I'm assuming.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2021, 03:15:19 AM »

Yeah but think about how much more we appreciate it than you would.  C'mon, live a little, go to Russia. ;D

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2021, 08:18:44 AM »

Yeah but think about how much more we appreciate it than you would.  C'mon, live a little, go to Russia. ;D

You're right, I need to live a little!  ;D

I got dressed up tonight and have these custom made boots that increase my height by about 3 inches. So currently standing I'm 5'9ish and my confidence just went through the roof when I looked in the mirror. Not because I'm necessarily taller, but because I just look so much more physically attractive (great proportions).

So yeah, it doesn't help when I do this and it makes me scream get CLL in my mind! Would change my life (mental state).

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2021, 11:20:49 AM »

You're right, I need to live a little!  ;D

I got dressed up tonight and have these custom made boots that increase my height by about 3 inches. So currently standing I'm 5'9ish and my confidence just went through the roof when I looked in the mirror. Not because I'm necessarily taller, but because I just look so much more physically attractive (great proportions).

So yeah, it doesn't help when I do this and it makes me scream get CLL in my mind! Would change my life (mental state).

Yeah, you definitely need this surgery. Book ASAP. G-nail with Giotikas is a good bet.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2021, 11:58:33 AM »

Yeah, you definitely need this surgery. Book ASAP. G-nail with Giotikas is a good bet.

I think I'll wait for Stryde re-design (2023) than to go with G-nail with Giotikas. Read a bit about G-nail and the consensus doesn't seem agreed. Rather not take my chances there.

m7liam

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »

Hi, I can share my experience as I went from ~169-177 (this is in an Asian context). I did my surgery about a year ago so I have enough nights going out to provide some numbers.

I’m not sure my dating life for girls who were shorter than me has improved drastically. In a club, for girls who were previously shorter than me, maybe ~70% were receptive talking to me. That’s probably like 80-85% now. I think the factors here are less about height but much more focused on looks / conversation skills / confidence.

For girls who were my height or taller it’s changed drastically. This part of the population was ~15% of the pool pre-surgery (maybe like 30% including heels ie going clubbing). 0% who would have talked to me before now is about 80-85%. It’s very rare now for a girl to be taller than me so I have not felt any desire to go round 2.

I’ll also point out that conversation or confidence skills have a huge variation on my dating. On days where I’m exhausted, my pickup rate can be 10% vs days when I’m in full swing where the rate is closer to 100%.

I don’t think things have changed in corporate life but with that said I haven’t really gone to any networking events due to Covid.

everythingbutheight

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2021, 11:50:34 PM »

Hi, I can share my experience as I went from ~169-177 (this is in an Asian context). I did my surgery about a year ago so I have enough nights going out to provide some numbers.

I’m not sure my dating life for girls who were shorter than me has improved drastically. In a club, for girls who were previously shorter than me, maybe ~70% were receptive talking to me. That’s probably like 80-85% now. I think the factors here are less about height but much more focused on looks / conversation skills / confidence.

For girls who were my height or taller it’s changed drastically. This part of the population was ~15% of the pool pre-surgery (maybe like 30% including heels ie going clubbing). 0% who would have talked to me before now is about 80-85%. It’s very rare now for a girl to be taller than me so I have not felt any desire to go round 2.

I’ll also point out that conversation or confidence skills have a huge variation on my dating. On days where I’m exhausted, my pickup rate can be 10% vs days when I’m in full swing where the rate is closer to 100%.

I don’t think things have changed in corporate life but with that said I haven’t really gone to any networking events due to Covid.

Thanks, this is really helpful.

It seems like for whatever reason, I always run into girls my height or a bit taller (5'6+). So for that reason, this surgery could drastically change my mindset around these woman. Don't worry, I'm not blind to the fact height isn't the biggest factor in dating these woman but for many women, being taller in heels puts their minds at ease.

So far, would you say this surgery has been life changing for you? To bear through all the pain and post-pain, it's worth it for to be at your new height? (all factors considered, not just dating/women)

m7liam

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »

Absolutely worth it. But I mostly did it for the girls. My life was great otherwise

GrowANut

• We'll all make it brahs.
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 04:40:52 PM »

Go for it man, goodluck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up