Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does tall people have bigger brain then short people  (Read 835 times)

Atlas

Does tall people have bigger brain then short people
« on: February 07, 2021, 01:49:43 PM »

Topic

permanentlybanned

Re: Does tall people have bigger brain then short people
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 02:24:48 PM »

Probably, but so marginally small of a difference so that it basically doesn't make them smarter or anything on average. Maybe 1iq more lol
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 03:30:48 PM by ghkid2021 »
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

AnotherShorty

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 06:05:49 PM »

Size of the brain has no relevance to the intellect level. Believe me, just googled :)

Regards
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

Jamesy998

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 06:56:35 PM »

This question paints a great picture of the average IQ level on this forum
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

RealLostSoul

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 08:13:36 AM »

A lot of animals have bigger brains :).
_
This question paints a great picture of the average IQ level on this forum

RealLostSoul

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 08:20:00 AM »

Probably, but so marginally small of a difference so that it basically doesn't make them smarter or anything on average. Maybe 1iq more lol

oof, IQ has nothing to do with brain size this answer is wrong. IQ is genetic and factors like associative connectivity and neuronal density play a role.  humans have higher intellect because the amount of energy put into the brain in comparison to the rest of the body is way larger, whales have way bigger brains but their ratio of 10 kg brain tissue to 100 000kg body weight is way smaller than 1.5kg to 70 kg in humans.

overandover

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 08:41:07 AM »

In most people only bone size is different. Most organs are of the same size like the eyes, heart, brain, etc. 

TheDream

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 01:35:27 PM »

In most people only bone size is different. Most organs are of the same size like the eyes, heart, brain, etc.

That’s actually quite interesting. I would have thought taller people had a slightly bigger heart due to the blood needing to be transported further than in a shorter body. If the heart is the same size then it could potentially mean that longer legs themselves from Limb Lengthening surgery does not put a strain on the heart even though it needs to pump blood 5-7 cm more the rest of its life.

Astronomy

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 01:41:33 PM »

I think this topic can signify users' average IQ on this forum.

overandover

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 02:11:38 PM »

That’s actually quite interesting. I would have thought taller people had a slightly bigger heart due to the blood needing to be transported further than in a shorter body. If the heart is the same size then it could potentially mean that longer legs themselves from Limb Lengthening surgery does not put a strain on the heart even though it needs to pump blood 5-7 cm more the rest of its life.

Taller people are more likely to develop atrial fibrillation.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/11/191113092606.htm#:~:text=Summary%3A,according%20to%20a%20new%20study.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2021, 07:49:21 PM »

I think it doesn‘t matter heart wise. If you gain more weight, muscle mass or whatever your heart has to pump probably a lot more than if you have a few inches longer legs.

Sambollio

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 12:44:32 AM »

Tall people have a slightly higher IQ on average but I doubt this has anything to do with big brain energy. My guess as a psych major is that being treated better in general by society improves their cognitive function.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 12:22:11 PM »

Tall people have a slightly higher IQ on average but I doubt this has anything to do with big brain energy. My guess as a psych major is that being treated better in general by society improves their cognitive function.

source? never heard of anything like this. despite that most abnormal high IQ people were small (but anecdote =/= evidence so send a link to backup that claim). The only thing I heard of is tall and average people are less likely to developed mental issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up