Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to deal with curious family members?  (Read 1819 times)

Want-3-inches

Re: How to deal with curious family members?
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2021, 12:16:45 PM »

Are you considering a second round Ascending, considering how you say you feel after one?

Future Skycraper

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2021, 01:01:37 PM »

Firstly, 14cm is a lot for the body to take and I will assume you plan to achieve this by lengthening both segments - femurs and tibias.  If you are determined to do this amount of lengthening then at least do it in two separate operations a year apart so that you have lengthened and recovered from one segment before doing the other.  This may make it easier to hide your lengthening amount.  Be advised then that this surgery will leave you with some scarring and with two segments that's twice the scarring.  What is your current height?  Do you really need 14cm of lengthening?

Consider also that the hiding the lengthening will work if you have no complications otherwise it may be impossible.

Well you're smart as hell, you got me lol.
Yes I would like 14cm, but I would be okay with 10cm. But I do not want to lentgh only one segment, just personal choice.
Yes, true, I plan doing it 1 year apart, so that I can have a healthier and better recovery, I don't care about internal nails scars, they're not that big as externals, can cover that with makeup,, socks and pants.
About the complications, I'm streaching SO much everyday, until the surgery (which I plan to do around 2030 or so).
I'm 167-168cm. And no ecxactly, I would be comfortable with 10cm, 12 is awesomeee (actually I would really like to be at least 1,80), but 14 would be REALLYYYYYY nice.

Ascending

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2021, 10:23:27 AM »

Are you considering a second round Ascending, considering how you say you feel after one?
Good question.  I had hoped to do tibia lengthening in WPB with Dr Paley last year.  However, the covide19 pandemic put that on hold.  I considered doing it in London with Dr Bacarese-Hamilton but by that time Stryde was no longer available in the UK.  Now it looks like Stryde won't be available until sometime next year.

I can tell you from experience that you haven't really recovered from LL surgery until the nails are removed.  That will be a minimum of a year after they are installed - more typically 18 months.  So I am beginning to think that it will take too much time and that's assuming everything goes to plan.   It feels great to have recovered and the idea of going through the process again feels less and less desirable.  I think it may be time to move on.

Ascending

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »

Well you're smart as hell, you got me lol.
Yes I would like 14cm, but I would be okay with 10cm. But I do not want to lentgh only one segment, just personal choice.
Yes, true, I plan doing it 1 year apart, so that I can have a healthier and better recovery, I don't care about internal nails scars, they're not that big as externals, can cover that with makeup,, socks and pants.
About the complications, I'm streaching SO much everyday, until the surgery (which I plan to do around 2030 or so).
I'm 167-168cm. And no ecxactly, I would be comfortable with 10cm, 12 is awesomeee (actually I would really like to be at least 1,80), but 14 would be REALLYYYYYY nice.
Glad that you are planning to leave time to recover between the two surgeries.  By 2030 there should be more improvements to the LL process so I think you should be successful.  Good luck!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up