Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 25363 times)

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2021, 02:40:15 PM »

My wife told me the same! Does you butt muscle also hurt? I try to strech but its quite painful:/
I feel discomfort near the buttocks especially when I am in bed, I think it is the sciatic nerve ... I do stretching exercises in all lengthening sessions with the machine, always right after, and it hurts a lot ... I try do your best even though sometimes it hurts a lot.

Erkan

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »

I feel discomfort near the buttocks especially when I am in bed, I think it is the sciatic nerve ... I do stretching exercises in all lengthening sessions with the machine, always right after, and it hurts a lot ... I try do your best even though sometimes it hurts a lot.

Yeah Its the same here!

Jamesy998

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2021, 03:30:20 PM »

Good luck on your journey man, nice to see you are finally getting to be taller!
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

FSchez

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2021, 03:41:16 PM »

Hello friends,
I'm going to post another video of my progress, this time walking with crutches in the gym, a few days ago:

Jamesy998

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2021, 03:51:53 PM »

Hello friends,
I'm going to post another video of my progress, this time walking with crutches in the gym, a few days ago:

You sure you were 162cm man? haha You look 175cm in this, proportions look great.

FSchez

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2021, 04:10:27 PM »

Hello everyone!
Here you have a video of a complete stretching session just after lengthening both legs with the device, a few days after I started lengthening my legs. I will post a similar video in a few weeks so you can compare the level of flexibility and the loss of muscle mass will surely be appreciated ...
I do not intend to set an example for anyone (I just work some muscles: quadriceps, hamstrings, abductors and hip flexor stretches), I hope it will help those who are thinking about having surgery and can get an idea of ​​what they should be willing to suffer if you want to stay flexible ...
I hope it helps you.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2021, 04:17:23 PM »

Wow your quads and hamstrings are way more flexible than mine were shortly after surgery. I guess the surgery really affects everyone's body differently.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

FSchez

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2021, 04:23:04 PM »

You sure you were 162cm man? haha You look 175cm in this, proportions look great.
Thanks a lot!
I feel that my legs are slightly smaller in proportion to my torso, but not much ... In the video I had only grown 1.2 cm, so it is almost the same height as before the surgery ...
I am completely sure that my height is 161.5 cms, I have measured myself many times :-[. I also notice it when I go out on the street and pass near people of average height, who are quite a bit taller than me, almost half a head...
It is one of the reasons why I made the decision to have surgery  :)

Erkan

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2021, 04:25:30 PM »

Hello everyone!
Here you have a video of a complete stretching session just after lengthening both legs with the device, a few days after I started lengthening my legs. I will post a similar video in a few weeks so you can compare the level of flexibility and the loss of muscle mass will surely be appreciated ...
I do not intend to set an example for anyone (I just work some muscles: quadriceps, hamstrings, abductors and hip flexor stretches), I hope it will help those who are thinking about having surgery and can get an idea of ​​what they should be willing to suffer if you want to stay flexible ...
I hope it helps you.

That body turn at Min 2:00 I hate it too!

Jamesy998

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2021, 08:36:28 PM »

That body turn at Min 2:00 I hate it too!

I know I am wearing externals and it is much different to internals but I noticed that my body movements such as turning and kind of moving around became significantly better after 3cm or so.

permanentlybanned

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »

Reality check for those wanting to gauge how difficult this surgery is. Thanks fschez. You were in pain the whole time. Scares me. Thanks for the video it's great and it's definitely influencing my ideas and pre-conceptions of this surgery.
Permanently banned by Medium Drink of Water due to non-maliciously spamming one singular time.

FSchez

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2021, 07:51:56 AM »

Wow your quads and hamstrings are way more flexible than mine were shortly after surgery. I guess the surgery really affects everyone's body differently.
I agree with you. I believe that flexibility and recovery after the operation depends on many factors, especially the type of surgery and the difficulty of inserting the nails ...
In addition, it is very likely that the flexibility before the operation and the exercise that you can practice will also affect your mobility in the recovery phase ...
It is just my opinion, so although it hurts a lot, I do not want to stop doing stretching exercises while I can :D

FSchez

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2021, 08:10:50 AM »

Reality check for those wanting to gauge how difficult this surgery is. Thanks fschez. You were in pain the whole time. Scares me. Thanks for the video it's great and it's definitely influencing my ideas and pre-conceptions of this surgery.
I am glad that the video is useful for you. Actually, stretching exercises to improve flexibility is necessary to do it like a gym session, you have to force your muscles close to your limit for the training to be good. The pain is almost throughout the entire session, but at a bearable level to avoid contractures. After stretching I usually feel that my legs are more relaxed, that is a relief ...
I am still in the beginning of the lengthening process, I have about 1.8 cm, but I am sure that the effort is worth it.
I've been wishing I was near average height for a long time and that's why I'm psyched up to endure the pain. I think we can do it, but we need to have a lot of concentration and patience ...
Good luck my friend!!

Jamesy998

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2021, 09:44:07 AM »

I think the biggest reality check is when yo get it done. Same went for me when i thought the surgery was going to be a breeze. Boy was I wrong haha

FSchez

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2021, 11:18:51 AM »

Day 7 after the operation (Saturday 30 / January / 21):
At night I woke up 2 times, but since my legs didn't hurt I fell asleep without taking painkillers ...
In the morning I took only one paracetamol because my head ached from the pillow ...
I had breakfast and did stretching exercises. I walked a bit with the walker and was encouraged to try my first steps without any support.
I was able to walk very slowly and like a penguin but I did it
For all the effort I felt discomfort and took a Nolotil. Shortly after I fell asleep half an hour before eating. After eating I went back to sleep a little more. The afternoon was quiet, although at 5:30 p.m. I had to take a paracetamol
We were playing chess and then I saw a soccer game on TV.
I just got up to shower before wound dressing and dinner.
After dinner I went to bed to watch a movie and had a hard time falling asleep (probably because I get a little sleep in the middle of the day).

FSchez

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2021, 11:47:07 AM »

Day 8 after the operation (Sunday 31 / January / 21):
At night it took me a long time to sleep and at 3:30 a.m. I woke up. I had to take a painkiller and went back to sleep for about 3 hours, until 7:00
I took another pain reliever, although I had to wait a while because it was not yet 4 hours since the last pain reliever ...
I was until 8:00 talking with my wife while I was waiting with desire for the time to take the medication and then I fell asleep until 10:00
I got out of bed with encouragement and went to the gym to stretch my muscles and spent a while on the elliptical trainer. I also tried walking a bit on the parallel bars.
The rest of the day I took it easy.
I took a couple more painkillers during the day, because now when they start to
bothering my legs I can't stand the pain much.
My wife goes home for a few days to see our children, that's why I took the eparin today, to test if it had value ...
At the MICs residence, the caregivers can prick you eparin and they can help you clean yourself, but with COVID I prefer to have as little contact as possible to reduce the risk of contagion.
I watched a football game while I was having dinner and since I wanted to lie down we got into bed.
I took a pain reliever shortly after going to bed because I was having trouble falling asleep.

FSchez

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2021, 12:08:00 PM »

Day 9 after the operation (Monday 1 / February / 21)
I had a good night, the best so far. I woke up around 7:00 and rolled over on my stomach to try and get some more sleep. Soon after, I was able to sleep again.
We get up at 9:20
By
Tomorrow I stretched my muscles, I also had a physiotherapy session in the gym. Today the doctor had to come with the representative of the device to start lengthening my legs. In the end they could not come but the doctor told me that tomorrow morning the two of them will come together with the machine. After the physiotherapy session I felt discomfort and took a pain reliever. I fell asleep for a long time. Because of that I ate late
The afternoon was quiet, I played chess with my wife and we were watching a series on the tablet
At 20:15 I felt discomfort in my legs again and I took another painkiller
Then we had dinner and went to bed
to watch a movie on the tablet.
I still walk with the walker and when I feel discomfort or I am tired I have to move in the wheelchair.
At the moment the intensity of pain
I take it very well.

Jamesy998

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2021, 12:43:25 PM »

Day 9 after the operation (Monday 1 / February / 21)
I had a good night, the best so far. I woke up around 7:00 and rolled over on my stomach to try and get some more sleep. Soon after, I was able to sleep again.
We get up at 9:20
By
Tomorrow I stretched my muscles, I also had a physiotherapy session in the gym. Today the doctor had to come with the representative of the device to start lengthening my legs. In the end they could not come but the doctor told me that tomorrow morning the two of them will come together with the machine. After the physiotherapy session I felt discomfort and took a pain reliever. I fell asleep for a long time. Because of that I ate late
The afternoon was quiet, I played chess with my wife and we were watching a series on the tablet
At 20:15 I felt discomfort in my legs again and I took another painkiller
Then we had dinner and went to bed
to watch a movie on the tablet.
I still walk with the walker and when I feel discomfort or I am tired I have to move in the wheelchair.
At the moment the intensity of pain
I take it very well.

Good to hear your progress mate, how often do you get x-rays done can I ask? Or better yet, how often are x-rays advised during the lengthening phase?

Cheers

FSchez

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2021, 01:06:36 PM »

Good to hear your progress mate, how often do you get x-rays done can I ask? Or better yet, how often are x-rays advised during the lengthening phase?

Cheers
In my case, I had 4 x-rays: the first on the day of the operation, the second the day after the operation, the third the day I left the hospital, and the last was 10 days after starting the lengthening process with the device. From now on they will be every 4 or 5 weeks.

Jamesy998

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 01:24:32 PM »

In my case, I had 4 x-rays: the first on the day of the operation, the second the day after the operation, the third the day I left the hospital, and the last was 10 days after starting the lengthening process with the device. From now on they will be every 4 or 5 weeks.

Perfect, was there any mention about durng the late recovery phase? i would assume they would require it less and less as time progresses.

FSchez

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 06:53:49 PM »

Perfect, was there any mention about durng the late recovery phase? i would assume they would require it less and less as time progresses.
I don't know if I understood you correctly...
If you mean to slightly lower the usual lengthening rate (1 mm per day) to give the muscles, tendons and nerves a little more time to adapt to growth, it is something that my doctor has advised me. I am lengthening my legs 0.81 mm, divided into 3 sessions a day ... It will take a few more days of lengthening, but it will surely be less aggressive for my body. I don't know if I have answered your question...

Excuse my English, I try to write the best I can but English is not my first language :-[

Jamesy998

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2021, 07:06:08 PM »

I don't know if I understood you correctly...
If you mean to slightly lower the usual lengthening rate (1 mm per day) to give the muscles, tendons and nerves a little more time to adapt to growth, it is something that my doctor has advised me. I am lengthening my legs 0.81 mm, divided into 3 sessions a day ... It will take a few more days of lengthening, but it will surely be less aggressive for my body. I don't know if I have answered your question...

Excuse my English, I try to write the best I can but English is not my first language :-[

No problem mate, everything is clear now. 0.81mm is still great since you are lengthening not too slowly but also more carefully.

FSchez

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2021, 07:20:46 PM »

Hello everyone!
I post a video of the last day that I have been walking and activating my legs with the walker (day 10 after the intervention).

FSchez

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2021, 07:36:42 PM »

Day 10 after the operation (Tuesday 2 / January / 21):
It was a really bad night, but I managed to sleep for a while until 5:30 and from that moment I fell asleep on my stomach at times until 9:15
At 11:30 after a morning of chess, the most awaited moment of these days has arrived ... The doctor and the representative of the extension device have come to my room to take the device and I have started to lengthen my legs.
I have been programmed to lengthen 3 times a day, a total of 0.81 mm each leg😁
I have hardly felt the lengthening, except in the second session that after doing the stretching exercises I noticed a certain tension in my knee and right hip.
At night I have noticed a little less.
The afternoon was not as planned ... we went for a walk and had a small incident, we lost my wife's phone ... otherwise everything was fine. Today I have tried to walk with crutches and I feel better😁
After having dinner a bit late, at 11 at night we are going to try to watch a series until we fall asleep, because today we did not take a nap ...

Jamesy998

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2021, 08:00:29 PM »

Hello everyone!
I post a video of the last day that I have been walking and activating my legs with the walker (day 10 after the intervention).

I love your approach to LL, stay classy man :D

FSchez

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2021, 11:54:15 AM »

Day 11 after the operation (Wednesday 3 / January / 21):
The night from Tuesday to Wednesday was the best ... We fell asleep on the sofa watching a series on the tablet and at 1:00 a.m. I woke up, I took a pain reliever and although it took me a little to go back to sleep due to the discomfort of my legs, after tossing and turning in bed I fell asleep and didn't wake up again until 8:00.
I woke up without pain, I did not feel a headache even though I slept on my back ... As the mattress and box spring are not rigid enough, I slept with
the bed on the floor so my back doesn't sink into the mattress.
When I moved a bit to go to breakfast I started to feel discomfort in my legs and I took a pain reliever, around 8:20. I have showered without help, sitting, without discomfort. I have stretched my muscles in bed and right after I have lengthened my legs with the machine.
Then I went back to doing some stretching exercises in bed relaxed and I spent the morning calm, without moving much ... Today I had a physiotherapy session at 12:30 so I activated and walked around the room a bit with the crutches before the session. As my legs felt tired at 12:30 I took a pain reliever. At the end of the session we did it from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. due to a little mistake, but it went great, as always without pain, doing some stretching exercises and some
series of exercises to maintain the muscles of the legs. My wife has come home to spend a few days with our children, because these days they were with my mother-in-law. She has prepared food for me for several days, so I don't have to focus on anything but my stretching. Thanks to her I am spending my recovery entertained and very well cared for, she is much better than a personal nurse😉.
After the physiotherapy session I have eaten and I have relaxed for a while on the sofa watching TV.
In the afternoon, after stretching with the machine, I have done stretching exercises and I have been watching TV in the chair until 7:45 p.m. Thanks to the afternoon break, I have regained strength and have gone down to the gym to ride the elliptical-trainer for about 10 minutes, then I have walked along the parallel bars, lightly supporting my hands so as not to put all the weight on my legs. As I felt strong, I practiced some lifts on the bars to exercise my arms and trunk a little.
When I finished my tasks in the gym, I went up to watch a Barcelona football match on TV.
While I was watching the second part of the game I had dinner. Before going to bed, around 11:45 p.m. I took a pain reliever but I didn't get to sleep until 1:30.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2021, 12:08:37 PM »

Great progress! How old are you?

FSchez

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2021, 12:11:39 PM »

Day 12 after the operation (Thursday 4 / February / 21):
At night I woke up at 4:15 and after walking around without getting to sleep I took a pain reliever, which made me sleep very quickly😊 and then until 7:30.
I woke up at 7:30, and since the headache bothered me, I stayed in bed for a while until 8:00. Today has been one of total rest ...
I've only gotten up from my chair to take a walk around the room on crutches in the morning and a little later in the afternoon, so I've spent the whole day watching TV and stretching at times in bed (I've felt my hips a little more sensitive to clicks and the left quadriceps a little contractured and stiff). I have been good to rest and do stretching exercises estira
By the way, as after stretching in bed at 16:30 I have been so relaxed I have slept until 18:00 🙈.
At 20:30 I got back on my feet to try again to walk a little with the crutches and I felt a little better. I have had dinner and have lengthened my legs with the machine. Right after I stretched my muscles on the bed. Today I took it on a day off.

I just realized that the previous days I have written January 2 and 3 and they belong to February ...

FSchez

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2021, 12:17:03 PM »

I love your approach to LL, stay classy man :D
Hi Jamesy!!
I really appreciate your support. I will try to keep putting all my effort throughout the recovery process. I will continue to post videos and photos of my progress.

FSchez

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2021, 12:26:13 PM »

Great progress! How old are you?
Thanks a lot!! I'm 34 years old

FSchez

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2021, 12:35:47 PM »

Day 13 after the operation (Friday 5 / February / 21):
The night has been regular ... It didn't take me long to fall asleep but I woke up around 3:15 and since I couldn't sleep and it was still too early to take medication, I was changing positions, I turned on the TV, but I only got hungry . I ate some cereals with milk, and since I was awake, I lay down on the sofa to watch TV ... I fell asleep around 6:00 and I didn't wake up until 9:00.
The day has been a little better than the last. Although I have the same discomfort in my hip, after stretching and stretching I have taken a few walks with the crutches around the room and it seems that the click of my hips has been unblocked a bit ...
The physiotherapist treated my hip (especially the contracture of the left hip in which I had more discomfort) and massaged my legs without doing muscle exercises because I had overload in the quadriceps, especially the left. After eating, I took a nap for a while and at 4:30 a.m. I put on the machine to lengthen my legs and did some stretching exercises for a long time. At 6:00 pm I left the residence in a wheelchair to the bakery across the street to buy bread and a croissant for a snack😁. The afternoon I took it easy. After dinner I sat down to watch TV and at 12 at night, after taking a pain reliever, I went to bed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up