Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona  (Read 25361 times)

FSchez

Re: Femurs growth with Stryde in Barcelona
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2021, 09:10:13 PM »

This is a video of my condition 4-5 days ago, walking at home, a little worse than the previous days because of the tension in my hips, which prevents me from bringing my legs together when walking ...  :-\
I am doing exercises to improve posture. .. I hope to publish soon a new video doing better ...

FSchez

« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2021, 10:32:43 PM »

Day 67 after the operation (Wednesday 31 / March / 21):
Hey!!
I have good news :)
The X-ray today shows that the lengthening goes in the correct way... I had a physiotherapy session and I have talk to the doctor and they said me that the bones look well ;D
Today I didn't lengthening session with the machine cause I have spend the last three days with tension in my hips and legs.
I will post the X-rays tomorrow.
This is a video of me walking at home, today, a little better than the last days, I think... :D

Polvorón

« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2021, 12:13:33 AM »

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, I wish you the best.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

Serilium

« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2021, 02:16:57 AM »

looks good, a little bit of wide legs. did doctor do IT band release? thank you for diary!

FSchez

« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2021, 09:34:55 AM »

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, I wish you the best.
Thank you friend!!
I will post new images of my progress and videos soon

FSchez

« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2021, 09:49:15 AM »

looks good, a little bit of wide legs. did doctor do IT band release? thank you for diary!
Thanks a lot Serilium!!
I haven't asked the doctor if he did, but I don't think so. Yesterday I spoke with him and he recommended doing specific stretching exercises to stretch the tensor muscles of the fascia lata. Also the physiotherapist is helping me with electro stimulation treatments and massage techniques to relax the outer area of ​​the legs that is still quite tense ... The next time I talk to the doctor, if I keep walking with my legs apart, I will ask him about what you asked me  ;)

Erkan

« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2021, 05:07:57 PM »

Hey Fschez,
My doc recommended me this: https://imgur.com/a/ZojXhc3
I lay down for a few minutes like this. It helped me!

FSchez

« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2021, 06:45:32 PM »

Hey Fschez,
Thank you Erkan!!
I will practise since today cause I saw that you walk very well, much better than me ;D

FSchez

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #133 on: April 02, 2021, 06:09:17 AM »

Congrats on the progress amigo! It’s a marathon not a sprint and with your continued hard work I’m sure the wide gait will get much better; stag strong 💪...X-rays also look good 👍😀
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

FSchez

« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2021, 11:41:46 AM »

Congrats on the progress amigo! It’s a marathon not a sprint and with your continued hard work I’m sure the wide gait will get much better; stag strong 💪...X-rays also look good 👍😀
Thank you very much friend!!
It is nice to have support and messages of encouragement during the process, because sometimes it is hard and the days seem very long ...
Thanks to the support of my family, the diaries of some leg lengthening patients, and comments like yours, I can focus my energies on overcoming pain in hard times.
Thank you very much, really!!

Siegfried

« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2021, 11:43:07 AM »

Your proportions look great, whats your wingspan?
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

FSchez

« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2021, 06:50:13 PM »

Hey Fschez,
It seems that after lying down several times for a few minutes with my feet together it helps to improve my walk ... I have spent practicing the exercise last night and as long as I have been able to hold out in the morning. I guess I still have a lot to practice but I don't think I spread my feet so much when I walk ...

From now on I will spend more time every day.
Thanks a lot for your advice!

FSchez

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2021, 07:23:21 PM »

Your proportions look great, whats your wingspan?
Thanks Siegfried! :)
I had never measured my wingspan until you asked me, I simply thought that my body and arms were proportionate to my natural height ... ;D
My wingspan is:
169.5 cms

FSchez

« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2021, 12:01:24 PM »

Day 70 after the operation (Saturday 03 / April / 21):
After more than 2 months taking painkillers every 4 hours I have decided to cut the medication in half. The last 3 days I am handling the pain well. After 6-7 hours, when I feel pain I stretch my legs for 5 minutes, then I walk a little and the pain disappears ...
I continue to lengthen my legs 0.81 mm per day, although on Wednesday I had to stop lengthening due to the stiffness that prevented me from walking decently ... I didn't have much pain, but I felt a lot of stiffness in my hips and fascia lata muscles. After the rest day I have been able to regain my flexibility, and to prevent stiffness in the next few days I have reduced the stretching time of each session and now I am stretching more times a day, between 6 and 8 times. I hope to remain as flexible in the coming weeks, I am already approaching 6 cm ... ;)
My stretches are usually like this:

moretallpls

« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2021, 07:10:06 PM »

got few cuestions if you can answer please. So its been 2 months and half by now, how do you fell the pain, the way you walk by now is because the muscles need to strecht ? a mean beacuse of the leghthening you lost flexibility? how long did the doctor said for your posture to be good and walking to be as natural as before surgery? I apologize for my terrible english

FSchez

« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2021, 09:03:07 PM »

got few cuestions if you can answer please. So its been 2 months and half by now, how do you fell the pain, the way you walk by now is because the muscles need to strecht ? a mean beacuse of the leghthening you lost flexibility? how long did the doctor said for your posture to be good and walking to be as natural as before surgery? I apologize for my terrible english
Hello!!
The pain during the first 3-4 weeks was quite annoying, and the nights were very hard because hopefully I managed to sleep 3 hours in a row, I woke up due to pain in my legs and then I took painkillers to go back to sleep, even so it would take a long time until get rest again.
Now I have been taking half the medication for 5 days, I manage to go 7-8 hours without pain when at first I needed to take painkillers every 4 hours ...
The pain is difficult to describe, it may be similar to when you suffer severe soreness after a hard leg workout, it could seem like a muscle overload ...
The way I walk now and the position of the body when I am standing is due to the fact that my hips are wide from the intervention (because they drive the nail through the hip) and the muscles of the legs are very tight, especially the hamstrings and the muscles that are in the external lateral zone of the femurs (the tensors of the fascia lata).
The doctor did not give me a specific deadline to walk the same as before the intervention, but he did tell me that about 4 months after the intervention I could lead a normal life, without doing medium-high intensity sports, of course. He also told me that 6 months after the operation, if I follow a good exercise routine to regain flexibility and muscle tone, I could run again without straining and lead a normal life, without playing sports or high-impact activities. I guess that would be the moment when my walk will be totally as before, from 6 months after the intervention.
The tension of the muscles and the loss of flexibility during the distraction process is something very difficult to avoid, but I assure you that I try to fight it whenever I can ... Stretching exercises and electro stimulation 2 times per week with my physiotherapy they make me endure the tension until now ... I hope I can continue like this until I get 7-8 cms  :D
Don't worry about your English, I don't speak very well either, I often use google translator ... >:(

moretallpls

« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2021, 08:56:24 PM »

thanks for your reply mate, may i ask where are you from ? So by now how would you describe monegal attention? Does he replay fast at any problem or question? Are you staying in the place he offers st jordi? the first 4 weeks until you pain was better did you stay in hospital? im so so interested in your story because i was planning seriously to go there for the surgery. THANKS !!!!

increase

« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2021, 10:10:01 PM »

can you say how much you paid in total for the surgery?

thanks

FSchez

« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2021, 07:53:22 PM »

thanks for your reply mate, may i ask where are you from ? So by now how would you describe monegal attention? Does he replay fast at any problem or question? Are you staying in the place he offers st jordi? the first 4 weeks until you pain was better did you stay in hospital? im so so interested in your story because i was planning seriously to go there for the surgery. THANKS !!!!
Hi friend!
I am from Madrid. I spoke with Dr. Monegal for the first time 1 year and a half before the intervention, I sent him an e-mail and a few days later he asked me if I wanted to speak on the phone could he better solve my doubts. Then he called me to explain the details of the intervention process and the subsequent recovery ... At that time my wife was pregnant with our second child at home, so it was not a good idea to operate ... For a few months we spoke 4 or 5 times, even I made the decision to visit him when my son was already 7-8 months old, and then we started looking for dates for the intervention.
So far whenever I have called the doctor I have been able to speak with him. Sometimes he has not been able to pick up the phone for work, but shortly after I called him again and we were able to talk ...
He is a very close doctor and makes you feel that you can speak with him with the same confidence as with a friend, at least that is what I feel ...
After the operation, I was in the hospital for 4 more days, and on the fifth day I went to the St Jordi residence, which is 5-10 minutes away by car.
In the residence he visited me several times when, one of them to explain some stretches to calm the pain in my legs, for example ...
If you ask me for my opinion on Dr. Monegal, so far everything has gone very well :)

FSchez

« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2021, 09:01:17 PM »

can you say how much you paid in total for the surgery?

thanks
Hi increase!
I paid 48.400 euros in total for the surgery. The costs of the residence stay and the physiotherapy sessions after leaving the hospital were not included.
Even so, it seemed to me a fairly reasonable price (considering that it is a very expensive intervention worldwide) ...

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2021, 12:11:07 AM »

Congrats on the progress amigo! Wow almost at 6 cm👍 Stay strong and keep it up 😄
171 cm (day height)

FSchez

« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2021, 02:32:41 PM »

Congrats on the progress amigo! Wow almost at 6 cm👍 Stay strong and keep it up 😄
GRACIAS AMIGO!!
I am approaching the last stage of distraction :D, but I guess there is still the hardest part...

FSchez

« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2021, 03:09:48 PM »

Day 75 after the operation (Thursday 08 / April / 21):
Hello guys!
Yesterday was my first day in the office after the intervention. I work in a company where there are many relatives, so I have not hidden from anyone the reason why I walk with the help of crutches ... Sooner or later all my work colleagues were going to find out ... In my family it is difficult to maintain a secret, therefore, the same thing happens in the office.
Some colleagues asked me just how I was doing, and if my legs hurt a lot, but most of them noticed my increase in height ...
When the shorter ones, who were previously a little taller than me, came up, I felt great because some were my new height and some were a little shorter than me.
My way of walking yesterday was quite bad, because I could not stretch for a long time and my lower back is quite tense in recent days ... Also, I have been reducing the painkillers for 2 days, I only take 2 Nolotil pills when I wake up at 8: 30 and 1 pill of Tramadol + 1 gram of paracetamol just before going to bed, at 00:00 ...
In the afternoon, at 7:30 p.m. I started exercising on the stationary bike, but I had to stop after 10 minutes because I started to feel a lot of pain in my legs ... Since 8:30 I had not taken any pills to calm down the pain...
So I tried stretching my muscles to ease the pain, but it didn't work. At 8:00 PM I decided to take 2 Nolotil pills, but the pain was not relieved until 9:15 PM. I think I have already learned my lesson ... Right now I can't go more than 8 hours without painkillers.
Today I had a physiotherapy session and I have done quite well, the physiotherapist has treated my hamstrings, sciatic nerve and lower back to start fighting my way of walking like a duck with my ass up ...
When I got home I tried walking and I felt much better. I have recorded 2 videos, the first one walking without making an effort to correct my posture and the second one trying to bring my legs together to walk as well as possible:

FSchez

« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2021, 12:38:12 PM »

Day 77 after the operation (Saturday 10 / April / 21):
Hi friends!
I think my legs are starting to get more and more tense, I have noticed it these last 3 days, just when I was managing to reduce my daily pills to calm the pain ... Yesterday I returned to the office and since I could not stretch more than 15 minutes from 10:00 to 14:00, every time I got up from my chair I could not walk with my back straight ... When I got home to eat I felt a lot of tension in my knees and hamstrings so I took 2 pills of Nolotil and sat on the couch to try to ease the pain. An hour and a half later the pain began to subside, although not completely. At 5:00 p.m. I lengthened my legs with the device, then I hardly felt any discomfort.
Then we went to my parents' house, I was walking with crutches, and when we arrived I was walking without crutches for 10 minutes on the grass of the garden. As I was feeling fine, I went to ride the stationary bike and exercise my legs:
Sorry for the duration of the videos, I don't know how to edit the quick view to reduce the total duration ... in the video of the bicycle I am all the time with the same speed and intensity from the beginning, I only recorded it in full in case someone You have doubts about the strength or endurance of the muscles after the operation, so that it is seen that there are no traps ... :D

Shortly after I stretched my leg muscles and as I started to feel pain I took tramadol with paracetamol.
The pain disappeared an hour and a half later, when we returned home and the children were already in bed ...
In the last lengthening session I did not feel any pain, but since I did not want to wake up in the middle of the night with discomfort in my legs, just before sleeping I took 2 pills of Nolotil again. At the moment, although these last few days I feel that my legs and my lower back are increasingly tense, I can get a good night's sleep. :)

FSchez

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2021, 09:24:22 PM »

Day 78 after the operation (Sunday 11 / April / 21):
Today I have reached 6 cms !!
Like yesterday, I have woken up with a lot of tension and I have spent all morning without being able to move much, only from the bed to the sofa and little else ... Even so I have lengthened my legs and I have practiced stretching exercises.
In the late afternoon, after a hard day, I found the strength to do some exercise. Although my legs hurt a lot and I felt a lot of tension in my knees, I have managed to go up and down the stairs several times without supporting my hands:

After that I have stretched my muscles to relax the tension in my legs, and the pain has disappeared until dinner time ...
I only have the lengthening session at 11:30 p.m. to officially reach 6 cms ;D

FSchez

« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2021, 09:22:13 PM »

Day 80 after the operation (Tuesday 13 / April / 21):

Hi everybody!
The last few days I have felt a lot of tension in my muscles, so on Sunday night I decided to take a break from lengthening my legs for a full day. Yesterday I felt a lot of pain behind my knees and in my right hip. I spoke with the doctor and he recommended that I rest for another day.
Fortunately I was able to get a good night's rest.
Today I woke up with the same pain, but the muscles in my legs are a little less tense than yesterday ...
Today I had a physiotherapy session at 12:00 and it has helped me to relax a bit the tension in my legs, the physiotherapist has confirmed that the tensor fascia lata muscle of my right leg is very tense, which causes me the pain in my hip. The rest of the muscles are quite good, even so he has also recommended me to rest from lengthening my legs to regain flexibility in the painful area.
The pain in my legs has been present at all times from yesterday morning until late this afternoon, which almost completely disappeared while doing stretching exercises.
As I have not been able to exercise since Sunday night, I have decided to walk a bit in the living room and I have practiced some balance exercises to move my legs a little:

Tomorrow I will lengthen my legs again. I hope the pain takes a long time to return ... ::)

Cyborg

• Visitor
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2021, 11:23:29 PM »

Looks good!
Where are you now centimeters wise.
Did you get your IT band released?

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2021, 12:06:25 AM »

Congrats on the 6 cm!! A clear milestone for sure. Appreciate the videos mi amigo 😁; you do look taller which must be so cool. What’s the best thing about your newfound height? Stay strong my friend...only 2 cm to go!
171 cm (day height)

FSchez

« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2021, 01:39:49 PM »

Looks good!
Where are you now centimeters wise.
Did you get your IT band released?
Thank you!!
Now I measure almost 167 cm, I started with 161.5 cm ...
I don't know what exactly the IT band is, what I do feel is that I still can't walk with my back straight, so when I regain flexibilities and my position is good again I will feel that I am even taller. :)

las vegas baby

« Reply #154 on: April 14, 2021, 03:02:09 PM »

take it easy with the exercise bro. your still lengthening. stryde is weight bearing and all that but its not meant for people to work out on lol. in one the videos you are doing pretty intense exercise hopping onto the treadmill and back down.

theyre also sayin' weight bearing might be causing corrosion, so...

Im not an expert but Ive heard many docs say stryde is not so that you can live a normal life. its just to not be in a wheelchair completely
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up