Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femur lengthening with Dr. Betz - 2021  (Read 572 times)

chasing_higher_dream

• Visitor
Femur lengthening with Dr. Betz - 2021
« on: February 14, 2021, 08:18:19 PM »

Hello everyone  :)

I would like to contribute to this forum by sharing my journey of limb lengthening.

Starting height: 170 cm
    Desired increase: 10 cm
    Desired final height: 180 cm
    Wingspan: 174 cm
    Tibia to femur percentage: 86%
    Weight: 75 kg

I had an initial consultation with Dr. Betz around start of Feb 2021 (Consultation cost is 500‎€). We had a 4 to 5 hour thorough conversation about the procedure and regarding all of its technicalities. Dr. Betz was very patient and explained all of the questions very diligently. Overall I had a positive impression of Dr. Betz. At the end of the conversation, I decided that I would go for femur lengthening since my tibia to femur ratio (0.86) is more than the average. Also, Dr Betz said that he would most likely use 11mm Betzbone nail for me. I am planning to have the surgery in May 2021. Since I have roughly around 2 months, I have started with daily 30 minutes of stretching.

I will update this diary whenever I have made some progress. Also do share your thoughts/ideas if any, if you would like to share with me  :)

Thank you.

hanshi

Re: Femur lengthening with Dr. Betz - 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 08:22:05 PM »

Did you already pay for the procedure and the nails?
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

chasing_higher_dream

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 08:26:41 PM »

Re: hanshi

No not yet. I am awaiting for the further instructions from Dr. Betz.
Are you also a patient of Dr. Betz?

ifadshoifhfdaoaihjagfdggdgdgadad

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 09:36:35 PM »

Good luck. How much was the surgery?
dsafouidygoidiodfasdfakjdfadaiosdfadadgaddgadgad

Kal el

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »

Good luck with the procedure bro😁

RB

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 11:01:24 PM »

All the best mate, I am considering Dr Betz in April. I might potentially see you there in Germany if our dates overlap.
Surgery booked for March 2021 with Dr. Giotikas (Femurs using Stryde).

Limbfan2020

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 07:41:42 AM »

Good luck! Did you also talk about the Precice Stryde nail?

Jamesy998

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »

Good luck mate.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

chasing_higher_dream

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 02:43:15 PM »

@ ghkid2021: The surgery costs around €53,000 for femur lengthening (for taking out rods after 1 or 2 years you would have to pay extra € 6,700).

@ Limbfan2020:  We did had a talk regarding Stryde, but Dr. Betz showed great confidence in Betzbone. Also he said in recent years, he has greatly improved the quality of his nail, thus there are no bending issues anymore with Betzbone. Also, Stryde with him would cost more (I do not know the exact amount). Hence, I decided to go ahead with Betzbone nail.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Arcon

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 06:13:15 PM »

@ ghkid2021: The surgery costs around €53,000 for femur lengthening (for taking out rods after 1 or 2 years you would have to pay extra € 6,700).

@ Limbfan2020:  We did had a talk regarding Stryde, but Dr. Betz showed great confidence in Betzbone. Also he said in recent years, he has greatly improved the quality of his nail, thus there are no bending issues anymore with Betzbone. Also, Stryde with him would cost more (I do not know the exact amount). Hence, I decided to go ahead with Betzbone nail.

500 euro for consultation, 53000 for betzbone, and 6700 for nail removal is unnecessarily expensive, imo. Many problems with Betzbone failures as Betz apparently admitted  "...in recent years, he has greatly improved the quality of his nail, thus there are no bending issues anymore with Betzbone...".

ifadshoifhfdaoaihjagfdggdgdgadad

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 06:16:54 AM »

Tnx and good luck I recommend stretching the hamstring leik crazy for these upcoming months
dsafouidygoidiodfasdfakjdfadaiosdfadadgaddgadgad

pownzorgeek

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 01:26:03 PM »

double post sorry

pownzorgeek

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 01:28:46 PM »

Hello everyone  :)

I would like to contribute to this forum by sharing my journey of limb lengthening.

Starting height: 170 cm
    Desired increase: 10 cm
    Desired final height: 180 cm
    Wingspan: 174 cm
    Tibia to femur percentage: 86%
    Weight: 75 kg

I had an initial consultation with Dr. Betz around start of Feb 2021 (Consultation cost is 500‎€). We had a 4 to 5 hour thorough conversation about the procedure and regarding all of its technicalities. Dr. Betz was very patient and explained all of the questions very diligently. Overall I had a positive impression of Dr. Betz. At the end of the conversation, I decided that I would go for femur lengthening since my tibia to femur ratio (0.86) is more than the average. Also, Dr Betz said that he would most likely use 11mm Betzbone nail for me. I am planning to have the surgery in May 2021. Since I have roughly around 2 months, I have started with daily 30 minutes of stretching.

I will update this diary whenever I have made some progress. Also do share your thoughts/ideas if any, if you would like to share with me  :)

Thank you.

Hi, best of luck!

Did you get to see the place where most people stay after the clinic (I guess it's called the residential center)? Is it good enough?
Pages: [1]   Go Up