Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on my Situation and Cost  (Read 521 times)

Going-For-Three

Advice on my Situation and Cost
« on: February 19, 2021, 06:28:36 PM »

So I have been looking at CLL for the past few days or so and I think I will benefit greatly from it. I am in my early 20s and plan to start graduate school this Fall and with everything considered, now is the best time in my life to undergo such a procedure since I have the time.

One major cause for concern is the cost. I haven't discussed this procedure with my parents yet and don't know if they can even afford it. However, I am going into a field of study that pays pretty well but will also have to take out loans for my education. I am confident I can pay off a loan for the procedure eventually, but it will take at least 4 years for me to make some money and then few-several more years on top of that before making real money. For me, this procedure seems like a 'now or never' type thing as I don't know when I'll ever have months to recover with no obligations in this field.

I was wondering if I can ask how you all are affording the procedure, especially younger guys? I thought about going outside of the US but there is just way too much uncertainty and language barriers and I'm not willing to gamble on my legs. I am also very uncomfortable doing any other method than Precice Stryde Nail as I've seen it to be the best by far, for recovery and complications. I've noticed that the cost for Stryde is expensive pretty much anywhere you go so I might as well go to a surgeon who is an expert in the field and will notice complications before they emerge for the best outcome possible.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Advice on my Situation and Cost
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 07:51:47 PM »

They're older than you and have lots of money and a high credit score.  That's how they're doing it.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 08:39:32 PM »

They're older than you and have lots of money and a high credit score.  That's how they're doing it.
Yes, it does seem like folks are a little older on here. Any suggestion on what I should do? I don't care a lot about money since I can make it up in the future.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 11:34:28 PM »

You should do what I did when I was your age: get as much money as you can and then find the best foreign doctor who'll do it for that price.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2021, 08:49:12 AM »

LON with a reputable doctor like Donghoon would be a decent choice. Internals are simply too expensive for a younger person without financial freedom and by the time we saved for it, we will probably be in our early 30s and have less of an impact on our lives. That said, I understand if externals are scary for you, I fear it too and still very hesitant.

overandover

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 05:16:13 PM »

Stryde with parihar in India will cost same as LON with donghoon. There is no point in doing LON with donghoon if you have that amount of money.
Pages: [1]   Go Up