Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 123101 times)

TheAlchemist

Amazing full circle post. This journey and diary gave a lot of potential LLers like myself hope that something as life changing and transformative as LL is possible with the right mindset. Cheers to you and life IFS!

Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Dreamer57

Wow..... awesome man!!! I someday see myself in your position... personally for me, money is barrier, I don't know how I'm gonna collect a 100k... anyways...looking at stories like you l, movie and Alchemist.....always get inspired....

My only question....
Do you feel like back to normal, like to before surgery level in physical activities...like nothing ever happened...

At what point in your journey, were u at stage that we can u are recovered enough to blend in the crowd m no one can recognise u had any sort of surgery looking at your gait....??
Pls don't stop updating on this forum....every update we see from you ppl, we get a new ray of hope!!
All the best...
Happy for you.!

Vibes

Greetings CLL Team,

I hope all is well.  2020...psh, what the hell was that?!  Now that that's over, we're on to 2021 and we'll see how this year shapes up.   I wanted to check-in and report that I am now at 64 Days Post nail removal surgery (2 Months), and I'm feeling back to 100% .   As a quick note, I was able to walk normally, and back to my regular walking gate within 5 days after the nail removal.   At this point I am back to regular jogging, flexibility is back to pre-op shape and has improved a bit and my legs feel much lighter and looser.  I will begin to weight train and run more aggressively, begging in about 2 weeks.  Per Dr. Mahboubian, it is safest to wait about 12 weeks before one performs high impact activity with legs, post-surgery.  I look forward to getting back to normal leg training in February. The nails really do weigh a pound or two and by removing them, you're lighter on your feet.  I advise to anyone who is hesitating to get the nails removed to get those nails out ASAP, after waiting about 12 - 18 months.  You won't regret it and the impact of the nail removal surgery is not even remotely close to the initial CLL surgery you had.   In other news...my confidence and comfort-ability is sky-high.   I'm doing well in business, well with woman, and thankfully family is healthy, strong, and has been free from any COVID complications.  I'm happier than ever and CLL definitely had a hand in that.   I'll reach out again soon when time permits to add additional notes and perspective on the CLL experience, the impact that a successful outcome has had on my life, and I'll also touch on height dysphoria as well.   Feel free reach out to me if you have any questions or feedback in the meantime.

All the Best,

IFS

Your contributions to this community have been nothing short of priceless. THANK-YOU for coming back to update us all on how life is on the "other side" of it ALL including the removal.

So glad everything worked out for you man.

Dirona

Awesome IFS..Glad that everything worked out well for you..
Taking it easy

InFullStryde

Wow..... awesome man!!! I someday see myself in your position... personally for me, money is barrier, I don't know how I'm gonna collect a 100k... anyways...looking at stories like you l, movie and Alchemist.....always get inspired....

My only question....
Do you feel like back to normal, like to before surgery level in physical activities...like nothing ever happened...

At what point in your journey, were u at stage that we can u are recovered enough to blend in the crowd m no one can recognise u had any sort of surgery looking at your gait....??
Pls don't stop updating on this forum....every update we see from you ppl, we get a new ray of hope!!
All the best...
Happy for you.!

Hi Dreamer,

Good question. Yes, I feel normal. I walk normally and I do not have any pain.  I DO get the occasional "feeling", in my hip area since I'm only 3 months out of the nail removal; but it is not painful and it lasts maybe a few seconds.  I can jog well and I am able to run and perform weight lifting with my legs now without any difficulty.   I do want to make a point in saying that my approach to CLL was extra careful.  I was not concerned about getting back to sports activity quickly and I rather just wanted to be careful to not hurt my recovering legs. I made a conscious decision to not perform high impact training until 90 days after my nail removal.  As a result, my legs are not "athletically" strong or flexible, yet.   I recently started working my legs more impactfully and I'm already seeing progress.   I feel and appear completely normal and I'm fully recovered from CLL.  I will continue to work hard toward being able to actively participate in sports.

Thank you for the question and I will be back regularly to update and help out the CLL Community! We are all in this together!

All the Best,

IFS
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Bantem

Hi Dreamer,

Good question. Yes, I feel normal. I walk normally and I do not have any pain.  I DO get the occasional "feeling", in my hip area since I'm only 3 months out of the nail removal; but it is not painful and it lasts maybe a few seconds.  I can jog well and I am able to run and perform weight lifting with my legs now without any difficulty.   I do want to make a point in saying that my approach to CLL was extra careful.  I was not concerned about getting back to sports activity quickly and I rather just wanted to be careful to not hurt my recovering legs. I made a conscious decision to not perform high impact training until 90 days after my nail removal.  As a result, my legs are not "athletically" strong or flexible, yet.   I recently started working my legs more impactfully and I'm already seeing progress.   I feel and appear completely normal and I'm fully recovered from CLL.  I will continue to work hard toward being able to actively participate in sports.

Thank you for the question and I will be back regularly to update and help out the CLL Community! We are all in this together!

All the Best,

IFS
Have you ran a long distance yet, such as a mile? If so what was your time? I want to know if it's possible to be able to run again within 2 years of getting the surgery.

InFullStryde

Hi Phantom,

Honestly, haven't really been doing too much running since I'm not really a runner type.  I'm more into weight lifting and my cardio consists of more of a "stand-in-place" calisthenics type cardio.  I have done a short jog - I'm not sure how long it was; but it lasted about 8-10 minutes and it felt very normal.   You should have no problem jogging at the 2 year point and I'm sure you'll be close to your old time in 2 - 3 year's time as long as you keep working at it.  I feel normal again.

Thank you for the question!
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

Bantem

Hi Phantom,

Honestly, haven't really been doing too much running since I'm not really a runner type.  I'm more into weight lifting and my cardio consists of more of a "stand-in-place" calisthenics type cardio.  I have done a short jog - I'm not sure how long it was; but it lasted about 8-10 minutes and it felt very normal.   You should have no problem jogging at the 2 year point and I'm sure you'll be close to your old time in 2 - 3 year's time as long as you keep working at it.  I feel normal again.

Thank you for the question!
That's reassuring, thanks for replying!

Dreamer57

Hey man.... eagerly waiting for your update!
I'm sure you are doing great !
Please update with your current stats...a video update of you running or doing something athletic would be really awesome....maybe hide your face like movie ....

Keep improving!

Wishing u the best!

Marco Injecta

• Visitor

The video be really helpful! I will appreciate that.

InFullStryde

@Marco @Dreamer

Thank you for checking in, guys!  Sure thing - I will create a video showing how I move these days.  I'll see about putting something together over the next week or two. 

Quick summary of how I'm doing, 875 days (2 Years, 4 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days) - Post-Opp

1) Feeling more confident than ever about my height and appearance
2) Back at gym full time and feeling strong
3) The company I founded has surged well into the multi-7 figure revenue zone and only grows better each day
4) Legs are feeling normal and I'm seeing bi-weekly improvement as I begin to train them more diligently, now that my nails are out
5) My beautiful catch of a girlfriend finds me incredibly attractive and even when I'm in a room with tall men, her eyes are glued on me because I'm self-assured, confident, in-control and clearly the boss. I'm a high value man with a unique stature. Love it.
6) Woman in general are responding to me in a great way for those same reasons I noted above
7) I have a sincere and authentic, Love it or Leave it, attitude and I never settle because there is too much at stake. I'm loving this journey I'm on right now.

8) Life is great and CLL has a big part to play in that fact

Guys, this was just a quick summary and I have so many more details to share; which I will as soon as I find some free time. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.  I'm here to help!

All the Best,

IFS

Movie

Wow that's awesome IFS congrats on all your accomplishments ! Thats the right attitude  ;D ;)
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

TheDream

Congrats on the huge accomplishments IFS.
Having the rods removed, you have completed the journey. It would be extremely interesting to hear about your progress as we rarely get to hear about this stage.

In your experience, what were the most challenging things to endure in the period between finishing lengthening and up until the rod removal?
Are you currently working on improving somethings now that the rods are out and you can focus completely on 100% athletic recovery?

Going-For-Three

Appreciate the update IFS. Nice to see people update 2+ years post-op when they are well into normal living.

Dreamer57

Wow man! I wish all the best for u....I am eagerly waiting for you to share details....n the video! Would like to hear more

houssamkarmouchi

• Visitor

Yeeeah me too

itseasy

Hey infullstryde, do you still get surprised when you look across the room at some one you think is taller than you, yet you get next to them and discover you as tall or even taller than than them???

This is still happening to me every time! I STILL shocked all the time when I see myself taller than the next guy that I initially thought was taller than me. Crazy man, just crazy!!

suk1hong

• Visitor

Hello, I am an Asian living in Korea. What I'm most curious about is the change in calf thickness. Is there a difference in calf thickness compared to before surgery?
The other surgical procedure has a thickening change.(precise tibia,externel tibia)
I wonder if Stryde tibia is different from them

BelowTheMean

Hey infullstryde, do you still get surprised when you look across the room at some one you think is taller than you, yet you get next to them and discover you as tall or even taller than than them???

This is still happening to me every time! I STILL shocked all the time when I see myself taller than the next guy that I initially thought was taller than me. Crazy man, just crazy!!

This still happens to me a lot lol
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

suk1hong

• Visitor

I hope u look my comment soon:)

Dreamer57

Hey man, eagerly waiting for an update! I hope you are doing great!!

InFullStryde

975 days Post-Op OR 2 years, 8 months, 1 days ago

It's been a while guys! I've return to life full swing; so apologies for the delay in updating! Here are some answers to some questions as well as a brief update on how I am doing....

I sure do. There was this guy at the Gym that I befriended and he was pretty short, but still 2-3 inches taller than me. Keep in mind, I was 5'1" before my CLL.  I honestly thought that he was even taller than that because I felt so much shorter than him. At 5'1; you feel shorter than everyone on the planet. With that being said, after I completed CLL i stood at a whopping 5'4.25". Never in a million years did I think I would be taller than this friend. Well, one day... I show back up at the gym and BOOM...I stand next to him and I'm taller than he is. I was pretty stunned.  What this taught me was that...YES, I was shorter than everyone; but my mind was making the height issue even worse than it was.  In situations where I may have only been a couple of inches shorter; I was actually thinking that the difference was much greater. This is apart of height dysphoria.  I'm not sure if he notice; but it was pretty cool. 3 inches is ALOT of height to gain no matter what your starting height is!

Hello, I am an Asian living in Korea. What I'm most curious about is the change in calf thickness. Is there a difference in calf thickness compared to before surgery?
The other surgical procedure has a thickening change.(precise tibia,externel tibia)
I wonder if Stryde tibia is different from them

My surgery was on the femurs; so I'm not sure about tibias.  I will say that after the CLL surgery I lost about 75% of muscle in my femurs. My thighs were twigs. Now, after almost 3 years of normal walking and weight lifting; my legs feel back to normal size. 

Congrats on the huge accomplishments IFS.
Having the rods removed, you have completed the journey. It would be extremely interesting to hear about your progress as we rarely get to hear about this stage.

In your experience, what were the most challenging things to endure in the period between finishing lengthening and up until the rod removal?
Are you currently working on improving somethings now that the rods are out and you can focus completely on 100% athletic recovery?

Great question Dream!  The most challenging part of the "In between stage" is simply recovering your strengthen and flexibility.  I'll add that immediately after you complete lengthening; you're walking around like a duck and you usually will have some slight "duckass".  If you're not familiar with the CLL process; this can be disheartening because you're simply concerned how the condition and how long it will last.  I'm happy to report that your flexibility returns to normal after a couple of years with some work and your duck ass goes away with in months. Just keep working at it.  It's worth adding that no one will really notice your Duck Ass or lack of flexibility unless it's pointed out to them.  You'll be able to easily cruise through this strange "in between" state and will be just fine in a matter of weeks and some months.

===

Guys, I'm doing great.  My body has return to mostly normal.  I'm still working on flexibility and leg strength...bare in mind that I really never worked out my legs prior to CLL (since high school); so it's hard to compare before and after; but I will say that I can jog normally and walk for miles on end.   My career is booming as my business is shooting to 8 figures as I approach a personal clip at a 7 figure salary position.   I have a beautiful girlfriend as well, and I get attention from other beautiful woman, despite being only 5'4.25".  Just because you're short doesn't mean you can't be handsome, rich, and happy.  I'm all these things.  I'm actually the boss of tall men. They all work for me and that's how it will always be. 

Love you guys and your journey's are awesome to read about.  Feel free to update me and/or ask me questions as needed.

All the Best,

IFS

Movie

Thats awesome IFS! Enjoy the good life you've created man! you deserve it  ;D
only gets better from here, cheers! We love you too !!
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

letsgettaller

This diary almost single handedly made me feel more comfortable with the surgery. I'm undergoing surgery in late September now.  Thanks so much for your contribution to the community
Precice 2.2 Diary here: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68189.0

Starting Height: 169 cm
Current Height: 177 cm

Dreamer57

Congratulations on making it across! You are one of the CLL legends and will always be remembered as one... Enjoy your new height and I hope you achieve new heights in your life as well!

Just a request...pls don't abandon us .... Ppl usually disappear at this stage and it is completely understandable...Bt we would really really love to hear what exactly happens once you make it across... would love to hear updates about your physical as well as other aspects of life!

All the best man!

InFullStryde

Thats awesome IFS! Enjoy the good life you've created man! you deserve it  ;D
only gets better from here, cheers! We love you too !!

Thanks Man!

This diary almost single handedly made me feel more comfortable with the surgery. I'm undergoing surgery in late September now.  Thanks so much for your contribution to the community

I'm so happy that my experience has lead you to what I believe will be one of the best investments you can make in this life! Good luck and I'll inbox you some information to help you along the way.

Congratulations on making it across! You are one of the CLL legends and will always be remembered as one... Enjoy your new height and I hope you achieve new heights in your life as well!

Just a request...pls don't abandon us .... Ppl usually disappear at this stage and it is completely understandable...Bt we would really really love to hear what exactly happens once you make it across... would love to hear updates about your physical as well as other aspects of life!

All the best man!

I will sure keep in touch with my CLL Warrior Family.   I look forward to posting additional updates as the future becomes the present.

itseasy

I wholeheartedly agree with InFullStryde. This is probably THE best investment you’ll ever make. My surgery was a year ago and I’m feeling pretty good fellas. Reaching 6ft is wonderful, but the real joy is not having the dysphoria. I now learned that the actual height really doesn’t matter.

This procedure is expensive as heck. But I’ll tell you what, I much rather pay for CLL than a Mercedes Benz that will end up losing value anyways. Getting rid of height dysphoria and having a new life is invaluable. I bet if this was $200,000, people would still go for it.

The only thing is people like InFullStryde, Movie, StydeChallenge and I really really really lucked out by getting the chance to have the Stryde Nail. Being able to walk right from the get go was a huge opportunity for a speedy recovery!!

Dreamer57

Hey IFS....I am still eagerly waiting for that video man , lol! I hope you are doing great and your business is booming! I would love to hear about a quick update....how are your legs? Does it all feel back to normal in terms of flexibility, tightness, strength? Any lingering pain or numbness? How about running and jogging and athletic activites?

Holing to hear about an update soon! Have a great day man!

optimisticguy

• Visitor

Thanks man for this amazing diary 😊
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]   Go Up