Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey forum! Planning to do a 10cm increase, is this possible?  (Read 2001 times)

Exxon

Hey forum! Planning to do a 10cm increase, is this possible?
« on: March 11, 2021, 10:19:36 AM »

Hello so I'm new to the limb lengthening community. I'll keep it short, basically I'm not genetically short, my father is 182cm (6'0) and my mother is 172cm (5'8). I'm around 168cm (5'6), i stopped growing due to a bad childhood, I dealt with drugs and the wrong people what not and it really contributed to a large height stunt, I stopped growing at the age of 12-13 and never grew after that. It saddens me because I had so much more potential and I just wasted it by being a retard in my younger years.

I'm 20 years old now and my life is where I want it to be but I still can't get over my height. I want to go from 168 cm (5'6) to 178cm (5'10). Will this be possible? I've heard only 8cm increase is possible, which will still do me wonders but 178cm is the average in my country (Australia) so it just would be nicer to do a 10cm increase.

Which place will be the cheapest? I've heard India does it the cheapest and if it's worth lengthening my arms too since it would be pretty weird to have longer legs but not arms. Will my torso look out of proportion if i get this increase?

Thanks in advance.

overandover

Re: Hey forum! Planning to do a 10cm increase, is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 10:25:36 AM »

Some people have long legs and a short torso and it looks better IMO so you shouldn't worry about proportions. 10 cm is totally possible you can do 5 cm on each segment. The cost for tibia LON in India will be ~12k USD and femurs stryde will be 44k USD. I am also hoping for 5'10 and will be doing tibia first.

Exxon

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 10:43:09 AM »

Thanks for the reply. Any idea of the pain and how much it will hurt? i mean however much it is, i think we can all agree that once we get it done it will be worth it since the height increase will come with a lifetime of fun.

Exxon

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 10:45:25 AM »

Some people have long legs and a short torso and it looks better IMO so you shouldn't worry about proportions. 10 cm is totally possible you can do 5 cm on each segment. The cost for tibia LON in India will be ~12k USD and femurs stryde will be 44k USD. I am also hoping for 5'10 and will be doing tibia first.

Also do you know anything about India in terms of safety, will I be safe there, (I'm a Muslim) and also which cities will be safe

Jamesy998

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 07:15:19 PM »

Probably from Melbourne, jk. I think you should just do 8cm in one segment and be done with it. You wont be too far from average.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Thorfinnn

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »

Pain is different for every person some say the pain is the worst they have experienced others have moderate to lower pain but expect pain in general with pain meds throughout the process it should be manageable

overandover

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 08:15:26 AM »

Also do you know anything about India in terms of safety, will I be safe there, (I'm a Muslim) and also which cities will be safe

15% of India's population is Muslim. You don't have to worry about that and Mumbai is a relatively safe city. You can get scammed though so have to be aware of that but other than that it should be fine.

Kal el

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 11:25:56 AM »

Do u have any siblings....and are they taller ir shorter thn u??

Exxon

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 12:17:40 PM »

Do u have any siblings....and are they taller ir shorter thn u??

Taller. Sister is 5'8 and brother is 6'1.

Bantem

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 10:00:53 PM »

Taller. Sister is 5'8 and brother is 6'1.
I'm basically in the same boat as you. I am 5'6.5 and both my younger brother and sister, as well as my dad are taller than me. Brother is 5'11, Sister is 5'8 but she is still apparently growing since she is only 13 and might get taller. In my case it was poor nutrition that led to my stunned growth, which is due to both my stupidity and my retarded doctor who told me to lose weight and scared me by telling me I will have heart attacks and diabetes when I was ONLY 10 pounds overweight at 10 years old. I went from being one of the tallest kids in class to literally being the shortest male.

Exxon

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2021, 04:25:04 AM »

I'm basically in the same boat as you. I am 5'6.5 and both my younger brother and sister, as well as my dad are taller than me. Brother is 5'11, Sister is 5'8 but she is still apparently growing since she is only 13 and might get taller. In my case it was poor nutrition that led to my stunned growth, which is due to both my stupidity and my retarded doctor who told me to lose weight and scared me by telling me I will have heart attacks and diabetes when I was ONLY 10 pounds overweight at 10 years old. I went from being one of the tallest kids in class to literally being the shortest male.

Finally, someone I can relate to. Yeah dude I also remember being not the tallest but one of the tallest and most athletic in my school back in Grade 7 (I was 12 years old at the time). After that life got worse, even my bone densities and brain was impacted so bad not just the height. I started to lose in everything due to my poor decisions, my appearance got worse, my academics got worse and my health got worse. It's fine now relatively, I'm not as strong as a I used to be but definitely more than the crappy phase I was in, the health, appearance and academics is fine too now , but the height is missing which is why I want to do Limb lengthening surgery. Out of curiosity how much height are you willing to gain?

-

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2021, 05:14:55 AM »

This does sound quite extreme.

Are you saying that you are a male 2" shorter than your biological mother?

Exxon

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2021, 08:39:09 AM »

This does sound quite extreme.

Are you saying that you are a male 2" shorter than your biological mother?

That's right my biological mother is taller than me and so is my sister.

I didn't have the best teenage years in terms of health. I didn't ever go to the doctors because I was too scared to tell my  parents the situation. Headaches almost every single day , sleeping bad, drugs and doing wrong stuff, usually 1 meal a day, I can remember memories from when I was 2-3 years of age vividly but  I can't remember much in my teenage years since my brain was so screwed during that time. The only thing I remember in high school was a few insignificant things and watching literally every single kid get taller and getting growth spurts and me being extremely jealous because I never grew an inch past 12 years of age.

It sucks, I know it's my fault and I've done my best to get my life back together which I'm happy I did, the only thing I couldn't get back was the height which is why I'm highly considering limb lengthening surgery.

-

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2021, 08:50:59 AM »

That's right my biological mother is taller than me and so is my sister.

I didn't have the best teenage years in terms of health. I didn't ever go to the doctors because I was too scared to tell my  parents the situation. Headaches almost every single day , sleeping bad, drugs and doing wrong stuff, usually 1 meal a day, I can remember memories from when I was 2-3 years of age vividly but  I can't remember much in my teenage years since my brain was so screwed during that time. The only thing I remember in high school was a few insignificant things and watching literally every single kid get taller and getting growth spurts and me being extremely jealous because I never grew an inch past 12 years of age.

It sucks, I know it's my fault and I've done my best to get my life back together which I'm happy I did, the only thing I couldn't get back was the height which is why I'm highly considering limb lengthening surgery.

Honestly I have a hard time believing any of this.

Anyway, there are some things we can never get back once we lose them. Eg. You can't bring back the dead.

But I agree that height is among the most regretful ones.

Bantem

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2021, 09:44:44 PM »

Finally, someone I can relate to. Yeah dude I also remember being not the tallest but one of the tallest and most athletic in my school back in Grade 7 (I was 12 years old at the time). After that life got worse, even my bone densities and brain was impacted so bad not just the height. I started to lose in everything due to my poor decisions, my appearance got worse, my academics got worse and my health got worse. It's fine now relatively, I'm not as strong as a I used to be but definitely more than the crappy phase I was in, the health, appearance and academics is fine too now , but the height is missing which is why I want to do Limb lengthening surgery. Out of curiosity how much height are you willing to gain?
I am only planning on doing 1 surgery and doing around 7-7.5cm femurs. I want to recover some athletic ability, mainly being able to run a mile. I also don't really have the time to spend more than 1 year on doing surgeries, so I can't afford to do a second one. 5'9 is average height here in the US, so I am fine with that although being taller would be nice, but it would be a lot harder to explain to people around me, my height increase. I haven't done a proportions mock up yet, so I might change the amount of lengthening but I definitely want to do at least 6cm.

Jamesy998

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 08:12:26 PM »

I am only planning on doing 1 surgery and doing around 7-7.5cm femurs. I want to recover some athletic ability, mainly being able to run a mile. I also don't really have the time to spend more than 1 year on doing surgeries, so I can't afford to do a second one. 5'9 is average height here in the US, so I am fine with that although being taller would be nice, but it would be a lot harder to explain to people around me, my height increase. I haven't done a proportions mock up yet, so I might change the amount of lengthening but I definitely want to do at least 6cm.

6cm is great. Might not seem like a lot on paper but in real life the difference is very significant, you also gain much more of your athletic ability back and put less stress on your body making the recovery much faster.

Bantem

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 09:51:51 PM »

6cm is great. Might not seem like a lot on paper but in real life the difference is very significant, you also gain much more of your athletic ability back and put less stress on your body making the recovery much faster.
Yeah 6cm seems fine, but since I will be paying a lot of money I might as well go for the extra inch if my body can handle it. I am looking into joining the police so I just need to be able to run a mile for the fitness test, after that I won't really be running.

-

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2021, 01:54:03 AM »

Yeah 6cm seems fine, but since I will be paying a lot of money I might as well go for the extra inch if my body can handle it. I am looking into joining the police so I just need to be able to run a mile for the fitness test, after that I won't really be running.

So how would you catch a burglar without running?

Jamesy998

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2021, 06:25:13 PM »

Yes, why not. Everyones body is different, personally 6.5cm I feel was the limit for me but you could very well pull of the full 8cm only time will tell. I do tell everyone though not to have a certain goal set in mind because based on how our body might react that goal might be decreased or could even be increased.

Exxon

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 08:00:12 AM »

Any idea how long it would take for a recovery for 8cm?

Bantem

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2021, 08:11:22 AM »

So how would you catch a burglar without running?
Like all the other fat police officers, I won't. My running is already good, and according to a lot of people I can only expect to get around 80% of athleticism back which is good enough to pass the test. I also live in a pretty safe city with a small population, so I won't really have to worry about too much crime. Most of the job is just going to be monitoring how people drive, and domestic disputes, from what I am told.

-

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 02:00:31 AM »

Like all the other fat police officers, I won't. My running is already good, and according to a lot of people I can only expect to get around 80% of athleticism back which is good enough to pass the test. I also live in a pretty safe city with a small population, so I won't really have to worry about too much crime. Most of the job is just going to be monitoring how people drive, and domestic disputes, from what I am told.

lol good luck bro

Exxon

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2021, 07:35:14 AM »

Just wondering if its possible to get back 100% of athletic ability after a 10cm surgery? Or will there always be a decrease no matter what

Serilium

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2021, 07:37:38 AM »

Just wondering if its possible to get back 100% of athletic ability after a 10cm surgery? Or will there always be a decrease no matter what

decrease

readyprecisestryde

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2021, 11:09:19 AM »

I did 8 cm with Stryde and removed the rods a few weeks ago. Recovery is different for each individual and usually takes 9 months to a year after the surgery to walk pretty good. Recovery also depends on how hard you are willing to work and not running into any major complications. I still have some minor nerve pain and hoping it goes away in the next 12 months. I can't run but gained back most of my flexibility. Pain after the surgery was not that bad until I started getting the nerve pain. 10 cm is possible doing 2 surgeries (8 cm femurs and 5 cm tibia). Hope this helps and good luck!

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2021, 12:25:51 AM »

lol, you re a stupid little child arent you?  8) LL will ruin your police career. i highly doubt you will become a police officer if you cant run properly anymore. decisions. you re trading health for height, everyone is.

Serilium

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2021, 12:46:24 AM »

In my area in America theres no height limit for cops. Even a 5 foot man can be a cop

AimHigh

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2021, 01:12:46 AM »

Hey Mate,
I am Aussie too - did 8 cm LL in left femur, no way can i run like i used too...
I am fit and can easily pump out 50 proper pushups, but I doubt I could pass the police Physical as my running is slower a a teenage girl.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Exxon

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2021, 09:25:48 AM »

Hey Mate,
I am Aussie too - did 8 cm LL in left femur, no way can i run like i used too...
I am fit and can easily pump out 50 proper pushups, but I doubt I could pass the police Physical as my running is slower a a teenage girl.
Wow what a bummer.  Which country did you have the operation done?

Serilium

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2021, 09:39:53 AM »

Recovery will get a point you will be able to do anything, just not as efficient as before. You can certainly do 9cm femur and run a marathon. Just not at old speed. Alot comes down to essentially reversing the muscle atrophy to gain your strength- aka training.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2021, 03:16:36 PM »

Personally I think the strength training part is easy. It's getting your flexibility fully back that takes a lot of time it seems.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up