Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good excuses for CLL  (Read 1679 times)

Megatron

Good excuses for CLL
« on: March 18, 2021, 01:58:14 AM »

Was curious if anyone had a good excuse to come up with for ppl that they dont want to be aware of them doing cll. So if you're gonna be mia for 3-5 months of work, from family, friends, etc.. has anyone came up with a good excuse as to why they'll be gone for so long? Just really looking for ideas on what i can use. I had something set up but unfortunately the person who was gonna be my alibi can no longer go with me when i do this procedure.

-

Re: Good excuses for CLL
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 02:41:31 AM »

No excuses ever needed for CLL.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 03:49:25 AM »

The pandemic
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 04:04:05 AM »

Better also come up with an excuse for why you're taller after your mysterious absence.

overandover

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 09:23:20 AM »

Better also come up with an excuse for why you're taller after your mysterious absence.

No excuse for that too. Those people who question it can FO.

Zion

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 10:17:58 AM »

The real excuse for me is curing height neurosis (not allowing me to live at peace). Before I was very greedy now not at all. I will gain 7cm and cure my height neurosis.

Unknown

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 11:09:21 AM »

Theres no excuses for CLL. After 5 months you'd be lucky to even walk without support, much less look normal. You will look like a waddling penguin, everyone can tell you cant walk normal.

Jamesy998

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 01:34:42 PM »

The real excuse for me is curing height neurosis (not allowing me to live at peace). Before I was very greedy now not at all. I will gain 7cm and cure my height neurosis.

We think alike, surprised we have not met, both being Dr. Buldu patients, I will be removing frames in like 7 days so I will be at the hospital. How many cm are you on now?
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Zion

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »

We think alike, surprised we have not met, both being Dr. Buldu patients, I will be removing frames in like 7 days so I will be at the hospital. How many cm are you on now?

Yeah LL is a journey and some patients come to the same conclusions right? Tomorrow I have x-ray but I should be 4.1cm by now still a month or less  to take them off. I will leave Turkey April 25.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 03:16:58 PM »

Depends on how easy you can hide it.

Femurs: “I had scoliosis surgery.  Turns out the double curve in my spine took away 8cm in puberty.   My legs FEEL longer, it’s weird!  The doctor said my hips rotated and now my legs are plumb where before they were not.  Yeah, non fusion surgery.  Yeah... it sucked!”

Tibias: “a bunch of snakes bit the top and bottom of my shins and now they’re two inches longer!””

Just kidding with tibias, but femurs should be easy to hide by claiming it is one of many different truly corrective surgeries.  Normally lying isn’t a good thing, but I don’t blame anyone for lying about this one thing.  I’m not really sure how you can lie about tibias successfully.

Serilium

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 04:19:32 PM »

Excuse for going MIA: study abroad, backpacking in Asia, wilderness retreat, aka rich people things

Excuse for gaining a few inches out of nowhere: you can say anything but your mom and dad will eventually know what's up. You can tell a small lie but eventually they'll realize you're bsing and you'll come clean.

2 inches is ALOT. It's actually ridiculous how little 2 inches seems on a ruler but in reality, gaining 2 inches is almost comical in how such a small number results in such massive physical changes to you, to others perception of your stature, etc. It's small on a ruler but when added to your legs it just makes you look so so so much taller to your close relatives who see you often

BelowTheMean

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 05:58:49 PM »

If your parents are the right age, then they'll probably think that they shrank rather than you grew. That's what I'm betting on.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

precice strider

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 06:13:24 PM »

If people ask you if you got taller, just be like, "I don't know, did I?"
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

FormerKidd

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 07:36:15 PM »

If your parents are the right age, then they'll probably think that they shrank rather than you grew. That's what I'm betting on.

In my experience, it's most noticable when you've crossed somebody's eyeline.  People who were at least a few inches shorter or taller than you already don't notice as much.

RB

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 07:41:04 PM »

In my experience, it's most noticable when you've crossed somebody's eyeline.  People who were at least a few inches shorter or taller than you already don't notice as much.

For those people who's eyeline you crossed, what did you say when they questioned the height gain? I have told my family and gf but not my friends and am debating what I will say when a few of them inevitably notice.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Bantem

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 05:54:48 AM »

If you are young just say you gained 1.5 inches before your growth plates finally closed. Most people won't be able to tell how much height you have gained even if they can see you got taller. A few months before the surgery start wearing 2 inch lifts in your shoes when you are with your friends. Most people don't really pay attention to height for people they are used to being around, unless they themselves have height neurolysis. So after 4-5 months, they might even forget how tall you originally were. If you have friends and family in the 6ft range, then they probably won't even notice it, it's only the people who were a similar height to you prior the surgery.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 02:22:11 PM »

just tell them the truth. if they really love you they will understand. if they dont they are fake friend. time to sort them out  8)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2021, 06:41:49 PM »

If you're young, say you grew.  If you're old, tell the truth.

People will notice you got taller.  They will ask you about it.  If you brush it off as nothing, remember LL is not so unknown that nobody will figure it out.  Then they'll think you're an insecure short guy who got surgery to get taller and is still insecure.  Better to be the insecure short guy who got surgery to get taller and is no longer insecure.

Bantem

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2021, 07:39:35 PM »

Another thing you could say is that you were able to get HGH in the country you had the surgery in, and it was one of the reasons why you travelled in the first place since your regular doctor wouldn't give you any.

Astronomy

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2021, 11:24:49 PM »

Just say you need orthodontic surgery of some kind and if your boss asked what surgery that is,you can reply limblengthening but not cosmetic limblengthening.If you were faced with stubborn boss who never allows you to take a half-a-year vacation,you could just quit your job and say fk to him.
As for amazing presence with a growing height and how to explain your growth your collegues(although I don't think they will be curious why you've grown taller),you can just say this orthodontic surgery can at the same time help patients grow taller but don't manage to tell your collegues that you finished this surgery just to grow taller or you'll be a butt of the joke.
To ease your parents and families,just tell the truth.I think they'll understand how miserable you've been all along if they really love you.

Astronomy

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2021, 11:31:35 PM »

Don't cheat them with this excuse.The old will shrink by 3-4cm at most if they don't have kyphosises.Most patients are apt to grow taller by 5-12cm and that amount of growth will deny your parents' shrinking.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2021, 12:18:56 AM »

The only thing I'm going to deny is that I grew taller. No one can prove anything :)

maximize

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2021, 03:53:49 AM »

Easiest solution - wear lifts eg. shoes from tallmenshoes.com for 6-10 months before the surgery. Everyone will get used to you being "taller." Then when you get the surgery wear the flattest shoes you can find after to minimize it so there is no observable difference.

I bought some lift shoes from that site but I haven't been wearing them because of the Stryde thing I'm kind of in limbo unless I want to go Betz which I'm not convinced on at the moment. Otherwise, that was my plan.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2021, 03:58:17 AM »

The only thing I'm going to deny is that I grew taller. No one can prove anything :)

I second and endorse that plan 😆
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Bantem

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2021, 09:17:52 PM »

Easiest solution - wear lifts eg. shoes from tallmenshoes.com for 6-10 months before the surgery. Everyone will get used to you being "taller." Then when you get the surgery wear the flattest shoes you can find after to minimize it so there is no observable difference.

I bought some lift shoes from that site but I haven't been wearing them because of the Stryde thing I'm kind of in limbo unless I want to go Betz which I'm not convinced on at the moment. Otherwise, that was my plan.
Yup this and also working out and increasing your chest and shoulder size, you can always just claim that you look taller because you started working out

Megatron

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2021, 12:50:42 AM »

Thanks for the advice guys. @SPhantom and @Maximize i agree with both of you 100 percent. I was planning to get really fit like put on 20 pounds of muscle before i see ppl again so if they ask why i look different i can just say that. Also i've been wearing shoe lifts too. gradually going up in inches as well on them to get ppl used to seeing me at that height. Issue is tho when i'm in a setting with no shoes like someones house watching a boxing fight for example, then theres no option. it basically undoes everything i was tryin to do. No one ever asked me why i look taller but of course the ppl who are 2 to 3 inches shorter or taller or same height notice but don't say anything. The thing i'm afraid of tho is that, that when i have my shoes on they don't but what if when i don't have shoes on. they'll for sure then notice i've gotten taller which is why i feel it is imperative to do something different like be in the best shape of my life i ever been in or color my hair blue to distract them from what really happened lmao. Honestly tho i know for me it wont be an issue and worse case scenario if anyone finds out or knows i don't care tbh cause its a'lot worse for me to constantly live being in my own head about being shorter than average height vs being average height and someone knowing i did cll. For sure my parents will notice but i plan to tell them after so they don't worry and try to convince me out of it. The reason why i ask for a good alibi for 3 months is cause i want to do this in WPB with Dr. Paleys and his staff and he requires you to stay for 3 months which i like that idea a'lot. It shows me how serious and professional they are. I work for myself so getting the time off shouldn't be an issue hopefully depending on how things are going during a given quarter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up