Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stryde return in July?  (Read 1467 times)

BreaktoGrow

Stryde return in July?
« on: March 23, 2021, 03:47:11 PM »

Recently spoke to a doctor in North America who informed me that they were told by Nuvasive that the nail should return in July. Thoughts?

InFullStryde

Re: Stryde return in July?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 05:18:52 PM »

If this is indeed true; then it would be wise for prospect CLL'ers to wait until July to have their surgeries.  I'm sure CLL'ers would love to hear more details and specifics regarding your conversation with the Doctor!
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

RB

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 05:24:36 PM »

It seems different doctors have different opinions. Paley said he thinks more so early next year in his interview with cyborg while Mahboubian and Giotikas for example say August at the earliest. July would be indeed amazing but I am not sure how they would get it back on the market that quickly.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

BreaktoGrow

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 08:22:22 PM »

I hope it's true and accurate. Unfortunately, I don't have any additional information. What I will add, is that when I asked her about Precice, he immediately responded telling me to wait for Stryde in July. So, his confidence seemed solid.

Arctic

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 03:22:26 AM »

lol no

Serilium

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 03:29:56 AM »

This would be the case if nuvasive's biocompatibility studies show that the corrosion is fine for health and has no serious health detriments. Meaning we all know the corrosion and bone changing is happening but doesn't harm us.

With how absolutely life changing the Precice Plate is and Precice Bone Transport is, this is a probably going to happen for at least these two nails.

It is possible they will reallow the Stryde while simultaneously reworking the Stryde.

However,

The opinion between most doctors is likely the Stryde will be reworked to prevent the corrosion impact on bones.  And this entire year of 2021 is likely gone for the Stryde.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 06:07:12 AM »

Even when Stryde returns, almost all the surgeons I talked to said they now have a huge waitlist of people who want to be “the first person to get Stryde when it’s back on the market”.  So not only are you waiting for Stryde return, you’re waiting in line too.

Once I heard that I decided to suck it up and go for precise 2.2.  It’s gonna suck (comparatively) but the ability to do something worse than ideal is way better than not being able to do it at all.

EDIT: plus for those who have $$$ as a concern, while the discount is small, it seems that most surgeons are charging 5-10k less for precise vs their original Stryde prices right now.

las vegas baby

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 08:45:57 AM »

Even when Stryde returns, almost all the surgeons I talked to said they now have a huge waitlist of people who want to be “the first person to get Stryde when it’s back on the market”.  So not only are you waiting for Stryde return, you’re waiting in line too.

Once I heard that I decided to suck it up and go for precise 2.2.  It’s gonna suck (comparatively) but the ability to do something worse than ideal is way better than not being able to do it at all.

EDIT: plus for those who have $$$ as a concern, while the discount is small, it seems that most surgeons are charging 5-10k less for precise vs their original Stryde prices right now.

lunatics these patients are. The nail is showing changes to bone in a place far from the oseotomy and docs are sayin' "it should be mkay I think. the bone might remodel, I dunno, but yea it should be ok... the bone is becoming hollow inside but its also fattening outside so its ok... I think"
And when the nail is back people want to hop on without any doubt??

BreaktoGrow

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 01:42:28 PM »

While I agree with your sentiment, I feel that most people who are willing to break their legs and permanently reduce functionality for cosmetic gain would not be concerned with slight bone growth/deformity.

las vegas baby

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 07:15:49 AM »

lunatics these patients are. The nail is showing changes to bone in a place far from the oseotomy and docs are sayin' "it should be mkay I think. the bone might remodel, I dunno, but yea it should be ok... the bone is becoming hollow inside but its also fattening outside so its ok... I think"
And when the nail is back people want to hop on without any doubt??

actually I need to correct myself. the sinai docs said they would use stryde on their family members. So that means something. so Im wrong for writing this and I apologise.

OnceADay

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 05:52:23 AM »

A doctor that I know in North America said that it's likely to return in June/July. She said it's absurd that it causes problems since thousands of surgeries with stryde have been done so they would have caught it over the years. She said that it was someone stupid that forgot to fill out forms for certifying the use and that they probably got fired for it since Stryde is off the market because of it (I'm paraphrasing since she told me on the phone in February but she gave me an update a week ago that it was still June/July). It might be the same doctor as OP

las vegas baby

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 06:05:35 AM »

it must be either janet conway or marie <insert her long last name here>

Megatron

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2021, 06:18:20 AM »

Does anyone else feel like once Stryde is back on the market it’s better to wait a few more months to see if any other issues or recalls occur? Also does anyone feel good that they didn’t get their surgery done with the Stryde nail due to this recall?

las vegas baby

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 06:26:32 AM »

Does anyone else feel like once Stryde is back on the market it’s better to wait a few more months to see if any other issues or recalls occur? Also does anyone feel good that they didn’t get their surgery done with the Stryde nail due to this recall?

if they make any changes to the nail then yea its best wait and watch. if its the same nail, then no point waiting. nothing will change in a few more months.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »

Nah I actually believe Paley etc, I do think this is no big deal and I don't feel good about it being gone right when I wanted to do it. Now I am kinda stuck to Betzbone being my only real option..

OnceADay

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 07:59:11 AM »

It's Dr. Marie Gdalevitch

redwedding

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 08:03:51 AM »

any updates about the stryde nails?

regards,
sergio
If deep bone infection and the pulmonary embolism was not a risk I will do this operation tomorrow!
Pages: [1]   Go Up