Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your opinions?  (Read 844 times)

pownzorgeek

Your opinions?
« on: March 24, 2021, 02:24:47 PM »

Hi everyone, I am planning to get 5 cm in height. I would like to ask your opinion about the best way to gaining them.

I was originally planning to do the surgery with stryde, but then it got recalled due to its biocompatibility issues.

1) Doing Precice in femurs seems to be an option, but I really don't like the fact that it won't be weight bearing, and be very restricting for possibly multiple months. However it is an internal method, and possible safer than external methods.

2) The other option would be LON on tibias, which is cheaper, and theoretically weight bearing. I would have to have the external fixators on me for about 2 months (for 5 cm lengthening) and then I would take them out, and would mostly be able to walk normally? Is that possible?

What do you think? In terms of better recovery and getting faster back to normal life?

Jamesy998

Re: Your opinions?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 03:22:50 PM »

Yes, tibias are the best way to go in my opinion. You will not be waking straight out the gate though after the external fixation removal. Calculate more like 8 weeks or so after removal. Precise femur is not worth it for 5cm unless your femurs look extremely short in comparison to your tibias.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 06:28:57 PM »

If you're skinny you might be under the weight limit for Precise.  So it could be weight bearing.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 09:33:43 PM »

If you're skinny you might be under the weight limit for Precise.  So it could be weight bearing.

l mAO  ;D

pownzorgeek

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 09:55:03 PM »

As far as I remember the limit was something like 30kg, not realistic. I'm 63.5 kg.

pownzorgeek

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 09:55:38 PM »

Yes, tibias are the best way to go in my opinion. You will not be waking straight out the gate though after the external fixation removal. Calculate more like 8 weeks or so after removal. Precise femur is not worth it for 5cm unless your femurs look extremely short in comparison to your tibias.

Thanks, didn't know about those 8 extra weeks.

Bantem

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 05:11:44 AM »

As far as I remember the limit was something like 30kg, not realistic. I'm 63.5 kg.
Around 34kg for each nail, you will have one nail in each leg so like 70kg in total.

short

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 11:10:47 AM »

Around 34kg for each nail, you will have one nail in each leg so like 70kg in total.

Think again.

RB

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 11:33:08 AM »

Each nail needs to support you full body weight for full weight bearing as when you step from one leg to another it transfers your whole weight so precise can never be weight bearing.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

overandover

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 12:19:39 PM »

with LON you have to us walkers for at least 4-6 months then you can gradually start walking unassisted. Some people take 9-12 months to be able to walk unassisted with LON. The nail in LON is a thin nail and it can break so doctors don't allow full weight bearing.

VeteranLL

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 02:24:03 PM »

with LON you have to us walkers for at least 4-6 months then you can gradually start walking unassisted. Some people take 9-12 months to be able to walk unassisted with LON. The nail in LON is a thin nail and it can break so doctors don't allow full weight bearing.

This is some false information.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 06:08:34 PM »

Each nail needs to support you full body weight for full weight bearing as when you step from one leg to another it transfers your whole weight so precise can never be weight bearing.

You can walk with both feet at once to spread out the weight if you use a walker to support yourself when you're off the ground.  Some patients in Beijing did that if they couldn't take proper single-legged strides due to ankle tightness.

overandover

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2021, 09:31:24 AM »

This is some false information.

This is what Dr. Parihar told and there are some dr lee diaries in the forum where the person is not able to walk after 6 months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up