Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set for external tibia dr Kulesh/Solomin April 2021  (Read 3460 times)

Activatedxx

Re: Set for external tibia dr Kulesh/Solomin April 2021
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2021, 03:18:23 AM »

externals are fine, actually easy enough after the first few days - i was in volgograd - 5cm possibly in 7/8 months but time will fly and you are young - i would stay at a hotel near to the clinic - go with a positive attitude and u will love russia!!  🇷🇺

St Pete looked very nice, I’m gonna stay just for distraction. Who was your doctor?
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 07:01:36 AM »

externals are fine, actually easy enough after the first few days - i was in volgograd - 5cm possibly in 7/8 months but time will fly and you are young - i would stay at a hotel near to the clinic - go with a positive attitude and u will love russia!!  🇷🇺

Cool, were you with Dr Barinov? So you stayed 8 month for 5cm and after that you were fully healed? Were the frames weight-bearing, or at least partially weight-bearing so you could move around with a walker? I must admit being immobile for 8 months would be tough.

th

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 12:31:16 PM »

dr barinov - u should stay for all the time so the doctor can monitor you re any complications etc

th

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 12:34:09 PM »

just read your above post - the frames are fully weightbearing - you get used to them actually and 8 months is not long for the future benefits etc  :)

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 09:42:29 PM »

th - thanks for your replies dude. How did you spend your 8 months in Russia? You stayed at a hotel near the clinic and checked in daily? How long after the surgery were you able to walk around? So after the 8months, you had the frames removed and you could pretty much walk as normal, 5cm taller? Btw I heard Barinov's clinic is full of Russian babes, did you make any friends? ;D 

th

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 11:08:18 PM »

first 3 months in yhe hospital, was good fun etc doctors visited daily - 1 month in clinic  paid for the month  next 4 months in nearby hotel  buffet breakfast, gym in basement, was ideal - paid every 3 or 4 weeks, english spesking staff so was great - got to know the city v well, found 2 pool halls and played there most days,  good for walking etc! - cafes, a couple of bars and local sites - pretty girls in clinic but could be a bit suffocating after a while so i preferred to venture out and then move out - visited regularly for check-ups and catch-ups! had great time, embraced it and wish i did femurs after!! but had to return home...

th

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 11:10:30 PM »

for tibias i think russian external is the safest and best -good prices tooooo  :)

th

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 11:14:23 PM »

you can walk without crutches after a while maybe 3 months after surgery, i was runninb in london about 1 year after 1 year - i got back to full fitness  faster times etc - it lessened my height neurosis but didn't cure it -

Apollo676

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 11:23:16 PM »

In total,how much did you pay ? How was the everyday life ? Could you like work on your computer everyday,how was sleep and quality of life in general ?
You did tibias right ? How much cm and whats was your starting height ?
Cheers

th

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2021, 11:36:27 PM »

€12500 for surgery and 3 months hospital stay, includes medical care and food and room - clinic €1000 a month, hotel €25 a night (roubles) - yes another patient had a laptop, then i used hotel business room for comp access, sleep not great at first but u get by - i was 175 and did 4 cm - quality of life was great, was lonely leaving...

Activatedxx

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2021, 01:48:25 AM »

€12500 for surgery and 3 months hospital stay, includes medical care and food and room - clinic €1000 a month, hotel €25 a night (roubles) - yes another patient had a laptop, then i used hotel business room for comp access, sleep not great at first but u get by - i was 175 and did 4 cm - quality of life was great, was lonely leaving...

That’s crazy 175->179 is above average man you should take it and be happy

That’s like 5’11 lol that’s great

th

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2021, 03:09:19 AM »

yes it is fine - my main point was to go and enjoy russia 🇷🇺

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2021, 09:41:52 PM »

yes it is fine - my main point was to go and enjoy russia 🇷🇺

Very cool. Do you have a diary from your time there? I guess with only 4cm you didn't have any issues with ballerina feet or anything? Did you have bow legs straightened as well or just the 4cm?

Did you take a year off from your job or do you work online? Sounds like an interesting experience.

th

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2021, 10:13:45 PM »

i didn't do a diary (not really my thing)  tho another lad there did on old forum (2014/5) - i got an infection that took a month or so to clear up which delayed things - no other issues, had slight ballerina but put weight across the knee with feet on a chair which worked after a week or so - yes  took 9 months off work, got this agreed before i left - was good mentally to have work to go back to - in fussia the patient has to takd alot if te responsibility to progress and follow doctors instructions  :)

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2021, 11:55:04 PM »

i didn't do a diary (not really my thing)  tho another lad there did on old forum (2014/5) - i got an infection that took a month or so to clear up which delayed things - no other issues, had slight ballerina but put weight across the knee with feet on a chair which worked after a week or so - yes  took 9 months off work, got this agreed before i left - was good mentally to have work to go back to - in fussia the patient has to takd alot if te responsibility to progress and follow doctors instructions  :)

Are you a physically active person? If so, how long did it take till you could get back to playing sports, hitting the gym etc, without worrying about your legs? (You wrote earlier you were running after 1 year: is that 1 year after the surgery, 1 year after frame removal...?) And is it true that your calf muscles hypertrophy (become naturally bigger, thicker and stronger) after tibia lengthening?
Thanks again for all the useful info

th

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2021, 12:29:05 AM »

well i was 39 when i had it done so i had finished playing football by then - v physically active, i was able to use the hotel gym when there, leg presses low weight with the frames on - on return home i continued to build up strength, seated leg presses and leg extensions as well as upper body obviously -  i would still be catious gor a further 6 months no squats till then - running 1 year after surgery, another year till reaching old times, 4 & 8 miles and then surpassing previous times - doctor vonfirmed takes 3 years till everything, ligaments  tendons as well as bone is healed - calf do seem bigger tho covering larger area - only 4cm mind, was advised to stop

th

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2021, 12:30:17 AM »

sorry for
spelling  using phone

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2021, 08:00:19 PM »

That's cool. It does seem like fully external tibias, as old as it is, is the least likely to create problems down the line because there is no nail inserted.

About the height gain, some people reported their actual increase in height is less than the amount that the bone was claimed to be distracted. I guess you distracted to 4cm? Now that everything is healed and stable, how much actual height increase do you have from before the surgery?

th

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2021, 10:13:24 PM »

4cm  :)

th

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2021, 10:21:36 PM »

i agree external is the safest and obviously least invasive - they seem out of fashion now!! but 9nce the frames are off job done! - looking back i think barinov would do external femur too - all other patients really found the frames ok - don't forget there were many female correction patients too using externals, including one in her late 50's - they also were fine - the frames can be cumbersome rather than painful, they are held so tight u see - the cost is also excellent, some went up to 8cm (tho i don't recommend this)

Jamesy998

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2021, 07:01:22 PM »

just read your above post - the frames are fully weightbearing - you get used to them actually and 8 months is not long for the future benefits etc  :)

8 Months is long. Just get LON and with 5cm you will only have to lengthen for like a 2 months and then you can remove it.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

th

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »

i was 6 and a half months in frames - i took 8 months off work - an infection set me back a touch

th

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2021, 07:14:37 PM »

barinov only does latn and external

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2021, 09:38:20 PM »

i was 6 and a half months in frames - i took 8 months off work - an infection set me back a touch

So if I got the timescale right, you went to Russia and had the op straight away, lengthened 4cm over i guess 2 months? Then spent a further 4.5 months in frames consolidating (total 6.5 months in frames). Then you had the frames removed and stayed in Russia a further 1.5 months doing physical therapy before returning home to work?

When you got home, were you walking normally? Did people at work notice anything was off?

Btw can I ask how are the scars?

th

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2021, 10:15:23 PM »

yes give or take - i stayed in russia 2 more weeks, went to my home country to rest another month and see parents etc - i got the odd comment from people who thought i'd lost weight - felt more confident, right leg was still fragile so had a slight limp - scars either side of knee so not seen, also faded quick enough - went back to russia 6 months later, to see doctors and x rays- given go ahead to run slowly - was strange returning without the frames visiting old haunts!!

chipsnsalsa

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2021, 06:24:06 AM »

Didn't you have scars in the middle of your lower leg?

th

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2021, 09:48:58 AM »

only pin site holes above the ankle and either side beneath the knee - they were not at all bad

Bob

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2021, 05:33:06 PM »

Update, I decided to go with the most expensive hospital because they have 30+ performed there so I assume the PT is better and also the doctors are more qualified because it is a higher end hospital. Besides a good surgeon I considered the anesthesiologist is better and also the doctors speak English and it is very close to the center or the center. The other hospitals are 1-2 hrs away from my hotel I am planning

Did you get the surgery?

Activatedxx

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2021, 05:50:22 PM »

Did you get the surgery?

I am scheduled for tomorrow in turkey god willing,
Didn’t work out in Russia couldn’t get approved for a visa

Bob

« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2021, 06:38:55 PM »

I am scheduled for tomorrow in turkey god willing,
Didn’t work out in Russia couldn’t get approved for a visa

Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up