Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021  (Read 24318 times)

koutaba

• Visitor
Re: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2021, 03:55:30 PM »

Hey PerfectBody! Apologies for not getting back to you all this time - I rarely check my notifications on this site and had a lot of travelling this past month. Your recovery sounds very promising, SO happy for you man! Very impressed with your motivation and dedication. Please be careful and make sure your femurs are healthy again and that you are 100% able to do more on tibias before you pull the trigger on anything :)

It is true, I want to feel taller than I am right now. the majority of my male friends and family are taller than me (my father was 6ft) and it has started to f*ck with me even more once I moved to London and experienced the value people put on height in the west (I am from North Africa). Studies after studies show 85th percentile in 20-29 year old males in height at 183cm and 90th percentile at 184.9cm. I am already at 178-179cm naturally and tbh it would be really cool to be in the top 15% for height. That is the reason why I only want to go for 4-5cm. My thought process is that doing less will get me the best of both worlds - be legitimately tall and at the same time try to limit complications (short or long term) to the maximum. You said it yourself brother, you'd be really content at 5'11-6' and there is absolutely no reason to go for more unless height is the only factor you find important in life. The third reason why I am being conservative in the lengthening is the fact that I will be done with studying and will hopefully start work ~September 2022 so that gives me around 4 months to go ahead with the procedure. Let me know what you think. My english is not on point so please let me know if you don't understand something I wrote!

Enough talking about me, how are you? Has your gait improved since last month? How about your running? (would really be amazing if you could send me a little video of your current gait so I can more or less know what to expect 5 months after the procedure is done. If possible, of course). Also, would you recommend me booking more PT sessions than what's included in Dr Buldu's pack during distraction period or is doing 4 hours of daily stretching individually enough? Are you still doing PT sessions now?

Again, thanks a lot for all this precious information you are giving, very grateful and taking this as an opportunity to gather as much info as I can before I go ahead for the procedure. I might ask you more questions in the future if that's okay with you. If so, I'll pm you :) Have a great day my man   

« Reply #249 on: October 29, 2021, 12:30:11 PM »

@PerfectBody: just going to hijack your post for a bit mate, I know you're a legend and you want mind ;)

Peeps: Just arrived in Istanbul Turkey

Seeing one of the teams Monday (because my flight was delayed and I missed the Thursday slot).

First impressions: Istanbul is a lovely city. I had a would and a snoop past TZL suites and the hospital near that.

Hospitals look state of the art/ high end so I wouldn't worry about that. The whole place looks super legit.

I'm keen to see any peeps that are doing the process here now. You can cure your boredom and I can know a little more of what to expect win win!

Getting cooler FYI bring those jackets!

Cheers lads/ladets. Cheers PerfectBody!

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2021, 08:43:58 PM »

@PerfectBody: just going to hijack your post for a bit mate, I know you're a legend and you want mind ;)

Peeps: Just arrived in Istanbul Turkey

Seeing one of the teams Monday (because my flight was delayed and I missed the Thursday slot).

First impressions: Istanbul is a lovely city. I had a would and a snoop past TZL suites and the hospital near that.

Hospitals look state of the art/ high end so I wouldn't worry about that. The whole place looks super legit.

I'm keen to see any peeps that are doing the process here now. You can cure your boredom and I can know a little more of what to expect win win!

Getting cooler FYI bring those jackets!

Cheers lads/ladets. Cheers PerfectBody!

Congrats and good luck! Aim for the sky bud, and stay positive
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Antonio111111

« Reply #251 on: October 31, 2021, 01:02:58 PM »

Hi OP. How much did procedure cost you?

How long after externals taken out can u walk without crutches?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2021, 01:46:56 PM »

15k Euros
About 3-4 weeks for me. Took me 2-3 months to look more 'normal'
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #253 on: November 03, 2021, 05:04:23 PM »

Could we see how is your walking currently? I really hate my height but stories of people recovering from LL keeps me going

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #254 on: November 03, 2021, 05:27:21 PM »

Could we see how is your walking currently? I really hate my height but stories of people recovering from LL keeps me going
Go to live life taller's instagram page, I'm on there somewhere. They said I did 5.5 but it was only 5. Whoever is in charge of their social media is weird; just ignore it.
If you hate your height, just do it. Please don't live a life full of bullsh1t and regret. It's a really difficult process but believe me when I say if I had to do it again, I would have done it ASAP. 5'9 >> 5'7. I'm going to do it again to hit 5'11 out of pure greed. Tibia will hurt a ton more, but fk it yolo
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Growing

« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2021, 01:07:50 PM »

Go to live life taller's instagram page, I'm on there somewhere. They said I did 5.5 but it was only 5. Whoever is in charge of their social media is weird; just ignore it.
If you hate your height, just do it. Please don't live a life full of bullsh1t and regret. It's a really difficult process but believe me when I say if I had to do it again, I would have done it ASAP. 5'9 >> 5'7. I'm going to do it again to hit 5'11 out of pure greed. Tibia will hurt a ton more, but fk it yolo

congrats man. When do you plan to do tibia? Will you be going to Buldu again?

yash

« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2021, 01:11:26 PM »

hey perfectbody, why will tibia hurt more? the general consensus here and my personal experience is that femur hurts a lot more than tibia with externals..
also when are you planning to have your tibia done?
btw our gains would almost be similar,, i am doing 4.85cm on femur and tibia.. my final height will only be 5'8" though,,
cross ll exfixLON with dr hirdesh and dr saini,, 4.8femurs & 4.8tibs
164cm to 174cm  age:23
step 1(left femur & right tibia) done on 20-aug-2021..removal on 20-oct-2021
step 2(right femur-left tibia) on 21st-nov-2021 removal~10th-jan-2022
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67864.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2021, 07:56:53 PM »

congrats man. When do you plan to do tibia? Will you be going to Buldu again?
Probably spring-summer 2022. I want to remove my implants and do tibias simultaniously.

hey perfectbody, why will tibia hurt more? the general consensus here and my personal experience is that femur hurts a lot more than tibia with externals..
also when are you planning to have your tibia done?
btw our gains would almost be similar,, i am doing 4.85cm on femur and tibia.. my final height will only be 5'8" though,,

Tibias hurt more 1000%. Nobody who did it had an easy time, and I am really afraid of this  . Do 6-7cm femur, 5-6 tibia. You will regret doing less.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

LLprime3

« Reply #258 on: November 05, 2021, 11:29:21 PM »

With LON Tibias you can at least sleep on the side. With that monorail on femurs you can't.
Sleeping on the back as someone who usually never does it is torture. I even forced myself to sleep on the stomach if possible, that is how much I needed it.

The greatest pain people experience is after waking up from each surgery.
After that it's not like you live through each day with an unbearable pain level.

This is why for me LON Tibias has to be the easier method theoretically. One last reason is that I would not aim for the max length on tibias, in order to keep the proper ratio between F/T after two LLs. So there should not be nerve pain that is solely due to a high amount of distraction.

« Reply #259 on: November 08, 2021, 08:04:34 AM »

Im day 5 into tibia its crazy I am so broken just the whole thing. DREADING going to hotel without nurses. As soon as I put feet on ground try to walk everything goes black and I start to lose consciousness.

« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2021, 08:13:26 AM »

Okay I left the message before and didn't post it.

Update: Since then I have taken a dump via the camode wheeled by nurse gave up on trying to walk there. (this is a really big deal to me FYI)

While I was taking a dump the Doc came.

Loss of consciousness when standing/walking. Low blood from operation they are fixing with iv bag. So not related to walking etc accept that the blood moves when you stand up.

We also did the first our first lengthening! Im taller baby! Fkn Lebron James over here..

Takeaway this whole thing is a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Tougher and more rewarding than climbing Everest perhaps...

« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2021, 08:18:55 AM »

Pain wise - on day 5 (I think) I haven't had any pain killers today last iv bag was like 2AM last night and I asked her not to renew it. There was pain plenty and I am sure there will be more. In fact it does hurt a bit. But the pain killers were doing my head in.

For my a lot of the "pain" was psychological (real pain too) this aspect for me is what was tipping me over the edge. It's just a crazy rollercoaster ride. That's my take.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2021, 09:38:47 PM »

The first 1-3 days will completely devastate you, no joke. Flubber is 100% on point. You lose everything guys, your ability to walk, run, jump. Your entire ability to move is disabled. This sh*t is SERIOUS!!

Hang in there, be strong. You need strong mental fortitute for this stuff!! You will get through it, the pain will go away. You will come out of it stronger and taller -  much greater man than you ever were. Hang in there, and congratulations on taking the first, scary step on the most intense journey of your life. You will get through this
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2021, 06:47:03 AM »

Thanks PerfectBody coming from you that means a lot to me, much appreciated bro! I'm 1mm taller now so feeling pretty chuffed about that haha #motivation

Yangmills

• Visitor
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2021, 11:44:49 AM »

Can you keep us updated of your experience mate. I'm considering doing 6cm LON tibia so your advice would be invaluable.

« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2021, 11:51:23 AM »

Yeah absolutely. Ill post during and drop a dairy with the stats and what not after. I don't want to drop a dairy in this fragile state. Just because there are like 1 or 2 folks on here that say some pretty unnecessary stuff and I don't need that while I'm doing this. - cheers.

koutaba

• Visitor
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2021, 10:13:28 PM »

Hey PerfectBody! Been a while, how have you been? :)

Only people very close to me, and at my previous heights. Family, roommates, and close friends - yes. Gym people at my old height - yes.
Dates have also been fruitful.

That's interesting, how do they usually react to it? Mind telling us you answer them? Is a 5cm gain big enough for everyone in your social circle to notice? Would love to have your opinion on this! Thanks

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #267 on: November 22, 2021, 03:14:23 PM »

Hey PerfectBody! Been a while, how have you been? :)

That's interesting, how do they usually react to it? Mind telling us you answer them? Is a 5cm gain big enough for everyone in your social circle to notice? Would love to have your opinion on this! Thanks

I'm fine, thank you for asking. People react kindly if they know what I did. 5cm isn't very noticeable - as I mentioned earlier, I wish I did more. I don't regret doing what I did because I can already run and lift just fine, but my gait still has problems every now and then. It's not perfect yet but I can force myself to walk normally. I have to force myself though, keep this in mind. If you go through this trouble, max out. 

As I said, if you are going to do this, or are doing this, please do more. 7cm is very achievable and worthwhile. For those currently in the process, the Turkish/LLT team may feel sketchy at times (I understand it) but they are very trust worthy and they know what they are doing. It's definitely the one thing I'm comfortable in admitting. I don't suck up to people - I wouldn't be considering going back to them if I didn't trust them 100%.  I just really wish Turkey had better food lol.

I know we will constantly have new faces/members, so unless I say 'something is wrong' or  'I have a problem' - please assume everything is ok. This is to prevent flooding this topic with 'how are you' posts. Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 03:40:19 PM by PerfectBody »
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

MakinItHappen

• Visitor
« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2021, 09:10:08 PM »

Good thread bro. I skimmed most of it and your journey throughout.

You were at one stage talking how you wish you had never embarked on the treatment. It was during your depressed phase. All caught up in the moment and natural I would feel. Now you have done a U turn and love it. Yup, makes sense and I remember thinking you would when reading.

Anyways listen, I myself am 173.1cm so 5'8 and want to touch base with 5'11. That's a 7.5cm increase needed. You have fluctuated a couple of times in saying every cm after 6cm increases the probability of not being able to recover proper lower bodily function. You flipped then to 5cm. I would like to ask you here what is your number now? Also. You are now 5-6 months post surgery. Is it too early to ask about your ability to play sport and/or workout and the levels of intensity at which you are able to do either?

Much thanks in advance bro

lucindaris

« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2022, 11:22:28 AM »

What was the overall cost?

koutaba

• Visitor
« Reply #270 on: January 17, 2022, 08:05:13 PM »

Hey bro could you please post a few recent scans? Would love to see the difference between those and the ones at the beginning, if you want!
Also, have you ever tried checking how much you can jump off the ground? Feel like that would be interesting to track over time, no?

Petersburglength

• Visitor
« Reply #271 on: February 11, 2022, 02:41:36 AM »

I see you are online man! How is the gait / recovery coming along perfectbody?

I am planning to get the package for femur LON and try to hit 8cm. Thanks for all the advice you’ve posted

dominikochal

• Visitor
« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2022, 05:41:35 PM »

probably not very well ...

moretallpls

« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2022, 11:18:50 PM »

you went there direct to buldu or trought agency ? i wanna go do surgery but direct to dr buldu

moretallpls

« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2022, 03:30:09 PM »

hey mate how much you paid totally as i m asking prices and all seems to be changing, montha ago you could do 20 lon no stay but all was included x ray therapy bandage change, now that say absolutely nothing is included surgery and good bye. And the 25k in no meals but stay included i gues is for people stay with them and lowers risks. About food because i think is suuuper important for good healing, eating in their center might be super expensive no? you can ask for food delivery? on super market delivery and have food in your room ???

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2022, 04:08:42 PM »

Hey PerfectBody glad to see u got a brandnew body!
BTW I heard from one LL veteran who also accomplished LL with Halil and he added he is not worthwhile of being recommendations cuz he performs LL 2-3 times per day therefore compared to othet surgeons surgeric frequencies he will be likely to more or less lose concentrations and devotions into patients in terms of caregiving post LL.
Is that true?
I love STEM, Philosophy and Classics!

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2022, 04:12:52 PM »

I would like to ask you here what is your number now? Also. You are now 5-6 months post surgery. Is it too early to ask about your ability to play sport and/or workout and the levels of intensity at which you are able to do either?

I don't play sports, my running is poor, probably because I am lazy and don't exercise. My healing is fine I can walk normally now without issues. I might do Tibias this summer/fall. I don't know. I wish I did 8cm total - but I did not have the patience or mindset at the time. It's extremely hard, but it is possible.

Hey PerfectBody glad to see u got a brandnew body!
BTW I heard from one LL veteran who also accomplished LL with Halil and he added he is not worthwhile of being recommendations cuz he performs LL 2-3 times per day therefore compared to othet surgeons surgeric frequencies he will be likely to more or less lose concentrations and devotions into patients in terms of caregiving post LL.
Is that true?

He works hard, not just doing LL but actual hospital work. I would trust him with my legs again. The problem with Turkey is medication for pain - LON is very painful but some people don't mind it.

Everyone else - I'm busy with life/work. I don't have time to post on here. Good luck with your journeys, wish you all the best of luck.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up