Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Average height by country  (Read 1411 times)

Jamesy998

Re: Average height by country
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2021, 06:59:55 PM »

There are still so so many women out there who could care less about social media. The tiktok generation is just a cringe phase which we also went through, do you guys really not remember Bebo and MySpace haha, those were the days. I am only 22 but I still remember. Those tiktok users will also mature away from that once they mature a bit.

No need for a girlfriend for the time being. I have my LL done so now I can finally focus on my career.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

BelowTheMean

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2021, 07:25:53 PM »

It is not pleasent for people on here to hear it because even after surgery they will be below average in certain subsets. Other posters have talked about it on here before about 178cm being considered short. Wealthy and white in the top academic institutions and employers, 178 is short.

You yourself have said that the average height is at least 178/9 where you live.

I have studied in multiple top places in Europe and my experience has been the same in each place.

I'm not sure if you are referring to me or someone else. I don't remember specifying the average height around where I live on this forum. I personally don't mind being technically below average height after surgery. I'm not going to change my username or lengthen my tibias. I already did all I'm willing to do to grow in height and I believe the surgery will serve its intended purpose for me once I recover.

However, with that said you keep bucketing the US with Europe but the US is shorter than most of Western and Northern Europe. There is no way that rich white men have an average height of 183cm in the top academic institutions in the US unless you exclude men of Jewish ancestry. Maybe it's different in Europe, but Jewish people are a huge demographic in US Ivy League schools and statistically significant in this case.

I have anecdotes like you do too:
  • One time when I was hanging out in Budapest my friends and I randomly ran into an Ivy League frat on a barcrawl and we ended up joining them for the night ('Mericans f*k yeah.) There were about 15 guys and while two of the guys were over 6'3", five of them were 5'6"-5'9", the rest were 5'10"-6', so I don't think the average was anywhere near 183cm. In fact, I'm pretty sure the average local guy was actually taller than most guys in the group.
  • One time I was clubbing in the Wan Chai district of Hong Kong and my friends and I ran into a group of British college kids. I will say that every single one of them was over 6' tall and they actually mocked us for being American (jerks!) I would certainly believe if you said rich college kids in the UK are 183cm on average based on that experience, though I've been to London a few times and I don't think the average person there is all that tall.
  • I know several South African Americans of British and Dutch descent and none of them are over 6' tall.

Based on my personal experience, I feel like Americans just aren't as tall as Europeans, and I really can't picture the average height of rich white guys from elite US schools being 183cm on average, and it's not due to lack of exposure.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

HeightGain

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2021, 09:44:30 PM »

It wasn't you I was referring to.

If you are happy with your height in the environment you are in that is what matters.

Astronomy

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2021, 12:13:42 AM »

Yeah, social media is cancer and I'm especially glad I'm not part of the TikTok generation. 10 years ago, girls in their early 20s expected guys to be popular on Facebook. Nowadays the early 20s cohort expects guys to have a lot of Instagram followers. If I wait any longer to settle down I'm going to have to start a TikTok ::)

In all seriousness though, one big advantage of dating as a guy in your 30s is that girls in their early 20s are more willing to accept that you don't use social media. You'll have to play a more mature role and have your sh*t together financially but that beats trying to become popular on social media imo.
Yea.I ususally see some Chinese users on there say 180cm is short and nowadays 190cm is just so-so.I dunno why they are apt to boasting Chinese average heights as if they could make earnings :-[

BelowTheMean

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 12:35:45 AM »

Yea.I ususally see some Chinese users on there say 180cm is short and nowadays 190cm is just so-so.I dunno why they are apt to boasting Chinese average heights as if they could make earnings :-[

Haha anyone in China who says 180cm is short and 190cm is mediocre is trolling imo. With that said, I'm sure seeing people talk like that isn't very good for the mental health of youngsters in a society that obsesses over height though.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Astronomy

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2021, 02:41:29 AM »

Haha anyone in China who says 180cm is short and 190cm is mediocre is trolling imo. With that said, I'm sure seeing people talk like that isn't very good for the mental health of youngsters in a society that obsesses over height though.
That's what I thought.What's more terrifying,millenials' average height is being boasted over and over again nowadays.Think about a 183cm tall but only 12 y.o boy.Don't panic.That's a normal but satisfying case on Tik Tok/Douyin. ;D

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2021, 09:42:23 PM »

i know one guy he becamse a pretty transgender. he is 5'6 and now look very cute. some men fall for him lol. he is trap  8)

Body Builder

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2021, 10:21:13 PM »

Men are not that tall as an average like some of you think in your minds.
When I was 1.68, I thought that almost everyone is 1.80+ because from my height I couldn't exactly understand if someone is lets say 1.77 or 1.80, even more when they walk in the street and they don't stand still.
Now that I am 1.76, although my country'a average is 1.78, I see that there are many men shorter than me and of course many taller than me but I am and feel average without caring if someone is taller than me nor feeling intimidated by that.
The same happens with stupid women that want men taller than 1.80 and all these bs while they are less than 1.65.
Most of them think I am 1.80 and when I tell them my real height they feel very weird. So they just talk about numbers without even knowing how tall is an 1.80 man and most of the times are completely ok with men shorter than that but they still say they want 1.80, 6ft and things like that.

What I wanted to say is that all short people and all people with height complexes in general, exaggerate without even understanding it about the heights of other men.
This is completely normal for a less than 1.70 cm man because he has a good difference from the average man so he could believe that an 1.77 man is 1.80 and then tell that everyone is 1.80, the nowadays average is 1.80 and nonsense like that.
However, men more than 1.70 should be able to understand better what is considered average because they are very close to it.
If they still believe that most men are over 1.80 and bs like that, they suffer great height complexes unfortunately.

Jamesy998

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2021, 01:18:34 AM »

When I was 1.68, I thought that almost everyone is 1.80+ because from my height I couldn't exactly understand if someone is lets say 1.77 or 1.80, even more when they walk in the street and they don't stand still.
Now that I am 1.76, although my country'a average is 1.78, I see that there are many men shorter than me and of course many taller than me but I am and feel average without caring if someone is taller than me nor feeling intimidated by that.
The same happens with stupid women that want men taller than 1.80 and all these bs while they are less than 1.65.
Most of them think I am 1.80 and when I tell them my real height they feel very weird. So they just talk about numbers without even knowing how tall is an 1.80 man and most of the times are completely ok with men shorter than that but they still say they want 1.80, 6ft and things like that.

What I wanted to say is that all short people and all people with height complexes in general, exaggerate without even understanding it about the heights of other men.
This is completely normal for a less than 1.70 cm man because he has a good difference from the average man so he could believe that an 1.77 man is 1.80 and then tell that everyone is 1.80, the nowadays average is 1.80 and nonsense like that.
However, men more than 1.70 should be able to understand better what is considered average because they are very close to it.
If they still believe that most men are over 1.80 and bs like that, they suffer great height complexes unfortunately.

I disagree on a lot of things with you bodybuilder but this is solid what you wrote. One hundred percent true.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Astronomy

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2021, 03:35:56 AM »

What do you think of someone who would like to say 10-12 y.o boys' average height is 178cm?I've seen it for hundreds of times in China.What's worse,there are more and more people who say a 181cm tall 12 y.o isn't tall at all.

Astronomy

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2021, 03:38:08 AM »

I disagree on a lot of things with you bodybuilder but this is solid what you wrote. One hundred percent true.
On the other hand,a man or woman who has height dysphoria will only pay attention to taller people not shorter.And in addition,it's true that height plays more and more role in every aspect of life,thus people's demands of height are increasing.

Body Builder

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2021, 12:32:04 PM »

What do you think of someone who would like to say 10-12 y.o boys' average height is 178cm?I've seen it for hundreds of times in China.What's worse,there are more and more people who say a 181cm tall 12 y.o isn't tall at all.
I would say that they are trolling or that they don't even know how tall is 1.78 and 1.81 or that they simply need psychiatric help.
Nothing else.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up