Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Precice 2.2 Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian March 30 2021  (Read 7957 times)

racecarworm

Precice 2.2 Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian March 30 2021
« on: March 30, 2021, 04:08:58 AM »

*DISCLAIMER* Please don’t even comment if youre just gonna say I’m fake, I will provide x-rays as soon as I get them.

About me: I believe I’m going to be the youngest CLL patient on this forum. I’m 17 years old, 167cm / 5 foot 6 inches. I know this diary probably seems suspicious / fake due to my lack of history on this forum but that is only because of the amount of trolls on here, just seems like an annoying thing to deal with. I’m from Orange County, 50 minutes away from Dr. Mahboubian’s office and the hospital that I’m staying at. I chose to do precice 2.2 and paid an additional $5000 for an expedited fee, as I wish to return to school next year. I’ve started my diary at 9pm, March 30, the night before my surgery scheduled early in the morning. Currently typing in the car lol

Stats: 4.8 weighted GPA (lol)
Junior in Highschool
92cm sitting height
173cm wingspan
Bench 1RM- 210lbs paused
Squat - I have no idea but I do 4x12 high-bar with 135lbs, ass to grass. Hope I can still squat deep post op.
DL - 265 (Never tried heavier)
130 lbs

I have been athletic most of my life, made varsity for wrestling my freshmen year, along with academy level soccer since middle school. As for my flexibility, I can touch all my 4 fingers and a bit of my palm to the floor without bending my knees, could touch my palm and bend a little if I warm up.

I chose Dr. Mahboubian due to the amount of vouches on this forum and his location (N Hollywood) which is not a far drive from me. I’ve had multiple consultations with Dr. Mahboubian and he seemed like the most reliable choice, guy has this sort of confidence about him that makes me feel at ease.

Honestly, every minute I’m either disturbingly calm or  ting my pants. The past couple days I’ve been non-stop rereading diaries, specifically SNC, Movie and Penguin. I still have my pre-surgery shower to do, as I’m driving up to a hotel near the hospital to stay the night before. Please leave any tips for a precice patient, or any questions you have :) Hope the LL forum distracts me and serves as a source of assistance.

las vegas baby

Re: Precice 2.2 Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian March 30 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 05:28:31 AM »

Hope the LL forum distracts me

Sorry bubba nobodys comin' over to your house and holdin' that ERC on your legs and distracting you. you gotta do that all by urself.

anyhow good luck on the journey. 17 is a good age to do this

racecarworm

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 05:57:17 AM »

Sorry bubba nobodys comin' over to your house and holdin' that ERC on your legs and distracting you. you gotta do that all by urself.

anyhow good luck on the journey. 17 is a good age to do this

Thanks my man :) Figured the earlier I could do this the better, allows me to enjoy life properly sooner.

racecarworm

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 06:03:17 AM »

Currently 11pm, cant say im not anxious but im off to bed. Will update after surgery tmr.

Serilium

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 07:56:26 AM »

Hi racecar,

First of all I am assuming your parents payed for it but feel free to correct if I am wrong, this is just an assumption.
This is for sure interesting, I wish my parents could've helped me pay at that age for this surgery so the highschool trauma could've been lessened. I am interested in how did you find out about this surgery and how'd you get/convince your parents to let you do it? I assume height neurosis was extremely severe

I wish you the best and good luck

racecarworm

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 12:41:55 PM »

Hi racecar,

First of all I am assuming your parents payed for it but feel free to correct if I am wrong, this is just an assumption.
This is for sure interesting, I wish my parents could've helped me pay at that age for this surgery so the highschool trauma could've been lessened. I am interested in how did you find out about this surgery and how'd you get/convince your parents to let you do it? I assume height neurosis was extremely severe

I wish you the best and good luck

I don’t think it was extremely severe, but rather one of the things holding back. I wish to enjoy life to it’s fullest, but with height as one of my biggest insecurities I cannot. I think that it’s more of like the wish to not be seen as short, rather than a desire to be tall (I wouldn’t be considered tall after 3 inches anyways). And yes, my father is paying for it, he said he even considered externals himself a decade ago. As for how I found out about it, reminds me of the Hospital’s financial manager, who asked me the same thing. Made me really timid, but I said the internet, not even sure how I came across LL.

Serilium

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 01:17:41 PM »

well good luck i do not think i have seen a pediatric diary ever so this is the first one it seem
and yes strydenailchallenge movie and legsgo! has the best recoveries in this forum very good!

for more advice i recommend https://overrideyourgenetics.com/ this guy has really good tips on what to buy and stuff

also victor from cyborg4life has very good videos as well as videos on his PT training and stuf

good luck, i agree with sentiment, this is not about being tall, mostly about feeling normal and NOT feeling short

also i forgot this is precice 2.2. its sad that theres no stryde so dont exactly compare to SNC movie or Legsgo since they have weightbear :( however the stretches should be mostly the same and i think u will fare enough

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 06:59:19 PM »

Hey racecarworm, good luck on the journey! I've been lurking around looking for Precice 2.2 diaries and I had actually emailed Dr. M about it now that Stryde isn't available. I also wanted to do the surgery (hopefully by this summer) so that I can recover before we have to go back to the office to work. Do you have your family or someone around to take care of you during the lengthening? I'm very hesitant to do it because I live alone with no family/friends nearby :(.

racecarworm

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 08:43:45 PM »

Hi! Thank you for the wishes :) Surgery went very well. I think you would need to atleast hire a caretaker, I can’t sit up to feed myself yet and I’m starving so I have my mom doing to do it.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 09:39:52 PM »

Good luck OP! I would avoid reading diaries like SNC and movie since they went with Stryde and will have drastically different recovery rates and experiences.

You should check out Fallen, Doingitforme, LAGrowin (Dr M patient), purushrottam, bilateraldamage etc. They all went with precice. You can go through all the pages in this subforum and find more precice patients.

You can also go on the old forum and read cases like rtaller, femurs2014, cooper etc etc using the link below.
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=34102.0

racecarworm

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 03:13:26 AM »

Nurses told me surgery went well but I have a leakage on my right knee. Pain was either non existent or like 7/8 out of 10. I had to use the pain button 6 times. I asked to take pictures of xrays when the pt came but he wasnt sure if i was allowed to, so that is still TBD.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 03:23:57 AM »

Good luck young man! Stay strong 💪 and keep us posted; wishing you the best
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Serilium

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 03:30:49 AM »

ask them for a CD next time and get a CD player plug it into laptop and you can view it high definition :)

congrats you past the surgery:)

racecarworm

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2021, 02:56:58 PM »

First night over. Terrible night and barely got any sleep in. They have these calf massagers to stimulate blood flow and it is terribly itchy. Catheter was removed at like 3am and it was painful. Also had a neighboring patient screaming in pain all night :/ Hope the guys ok.

racecarworm

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 01:43:04 AM »

Hey man! Glad to see another 17 year old. Do you mind telling me what month you were born in? I want to see which one of us are younger! I’m dec 2003 :)

racecarworm

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 01:45:11 AM »

Finished my second pt session about 3 hours ago. Extremely painful, but I’ve made significant progress. I was able to stand up fully straight with the help of the PT’s, and do some side steps, however I cannot walk yet. It seems my glutes are incredibly sore, and I have more swelling than normal.

Serilium

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 02:03:33 AM »

dont push yourself too hard! post surgical trauma dont even worry about getting on feet! just do minimum :)

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 03:44:43 AM »

goodluck man, if you have the 12.5mm nail, you can weight bear without issue post week 6 ish..but better to use crutch ;)
i did my surgery one month back, so a bit similar journey ;)
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Dionysus

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 06:41:47 AM »

You beat me racecarworm, I am August.I had my surgery on 13th of March.I am aiming for 7 cm.Lets hope our age makes us get through this faster.Also which nail are you using? I figured it has to be biggest nail if you can walk already.

racecarworm

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 07:40:10 AM »

I am using precice 2.2, I cannot walk yet but I can stand up straight. They’re looking to discharge me from the hospital tomorrow so I hope I can take a couple steps without hurting too much!

redwedding

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 01:12:08 PM »

dear racecarworm,

Congratulations on starting the journey friend. I wish I can be in your shoes in some months. The difficulty of taking the final step is hardest and I am feeling scared to move into operation after saving money all these past years.

Your age is young and you can recovery fastly and enjoy the good height during your young years.

Since you did this operation very recently I want to ask to you did you ask Dr Shahab about risk of deep bone infection and how he will detect it? How many more days and months after the first surgery are you at risk from this complication? I am very scared of this complication. I will have a family member with me in the first month and not after that. So I cannot deal with more surgeries if I get the deep bone infection after that. Did you discuss this topic with Dr Shahab?

cheers,
sergio
If deep bone infection and the pulmonary embolism was not a risk I will do this operation tomorrow!

taller2023

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2021, 09:51:34 AM »

You beat me racecarworm, I am August.I had my surgery on 13th of March.I am aiming for 7 cm.Lets hope our age makes us get through this faster.Also which nail are you using? I figured it has to be biggest nail if you can walk already.

Really 17!!!

Money hungry surgeons.  Dr. Mahboubian & Dr. Buldu

Dionysus

• Visitor
Re: Precice 2.2 Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian March 30 2
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2021, 10:38:28 AM »

I don’t think it’s bad to do this surgery early.I am now at 3 weeks post op and I regret nothing.I sleep 7-8 hours a day, my pain is minimal I can walk with walker without pain.And also I am lengthening at 1.5 mm a day.I think earlier is better.

racecarworm

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2021, 03:17:17 PM »

Hey redwedding,
I appreciate your comment a lot! Sorry I haven’t gotten back to you. Day 3 was extremely stressful for me and I didn’t even have the energy to respond, was thinking about your message before I fell asleep. My father had documented everything the doctor said about health risks of the surgery whihc would include deep bone infections, but I haven’t had the chance to ask him to pull out the files. I will try my best to get back to you!

racecarworm

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2021, 03:18:59 PM »

How was your first 3 days? It’s been extremely uncomfortable for me, but not painful. I can handle the pain, the worst is like 7/10 when I do physical therapy and try to walk a couple steps with a walker.

racecarworm

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2021, 03:28:57 PM »

Today is Day 4 but I had not written the Day 3 recap.

Day 3, I had about 8 hours of sleep, split in two. I had waken up every 4 hours to take my dose of norco. Day 3 was the first day at home for me, and I had a couple things to get used to. The mattress I’m on is way too soft and my glutes sink in and get a lot more sore from inactivity, so I have to move my legs up with assistance from my mother pretty often. I also still have to urinate with a bottle, since I had not attempted to physically stand up and go to the bathroom since the surgery happened. Most of the day I kept my pain med usage on schedule and was perfectly fine, but just a loot of uncomfortability, as expected. About 6pm was when it started to be troubling. I needed to take a  , and the doctor told me usually people would dump on the 5th day along with taking their patches off. I needed to   badly, so I took 4 colace pills (dosage was 1-6 a day, just over the counter stool softener) and got my parents to help me. My wheelchair had not yet arrived, so I had to use an office chair to sit on and let my parents push to the bathroom. I had to get off the side of the bed with a walker, do a 90 degree turn, sit down on the chair, let them push me in, stand up from the chair with a walker, do a 90 degree turn and sit down on the toilet. Simple process, excruciating. I did it at about 8:30pm, despite taking my norco at 6 since amazon said my wheelchair wouldve arrived by 10pm but I could no longer wait. So, 9:30pm was when my hydrocodone was running out of effect, and I had to do the most painful thing. My parents were not strong enough to lift me up properly (pretty hard since it was in an awkward position, like a 130lb curl but worse). I ended up getting inside the bathroom and taking a dump at 10pm, excruciatingly painful. 7/10 the whole time probably. However, I did manage to take a proper dump but I did notice a small amount of blood when I was wiping. Got back to bed with the same process but in reverse, a bit more painful as it was now 10pm, I had just spent all my energy, and the norco had fully worn off. I ultimately got back to bed and slept until 2am, took my norco and adjusted my position, slept till 6, same thing again and until 8:30am which is when I am typing right now.

Seems like my muscles are too weak, for pt the doctor kept saying I had to get up and walk around but that was pretty much impossible, more like just a goal. I have been sitting with my legs off the side of the bed which stretches my quad a lot, and doing 5-10 reps of leg extensions. My eating has been consistent aswell, finally getting hungry.

Will see how day 4 goes :)

racecarworm

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2021, 03:30:06 PM »

Ehh, the hospital fee took a large portion of the total sum, more than the surgeon fee. I think its more like America being a lot more expensive rather than Dr M specifically.

Dionysus

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2021, 03:37:06 PM »

Hey racecarworm.I stayed in hospital for 4 nights and felt almost 0 pain.They have strong painkillers there.I could go to bathroom using walker on day 4.And after that I did that 4-5 times a day and there was no pain whatsoever.After I got home I didn’t feel anything until I lengthened over 0.5 mm.After that there was strong pain.Now it’s better.I would advice you to use walker as soon as you can, it will help with recovery and with muscle preservation.

racecarworm

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 03:42:10 PM »

Damn, 0 pain! I only felt that for parts of the day, otherwise it was a very uncomfortable experience. Like when they took the catheter in and out (Had to do it twice, couldn’t urinate after the first time). Taking it in and out left me screaming, nurse was a bit extreme and didn’t really care to do it less painfully. I will try my best to use the walker, everyones been telling me its importance. Do you ice your legs? My body tends to get too cold after like an hour or so of icing.

Dionysus

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2021, 06:14:13 PM »

Catheter is painful I forgot to mention it, my nurse was careful but there was still burning for an hour or so.No I don’t ice my legs, right now I am taking 2 pills of painkiller with diclofenac potassium and that pretty much reduces pain to 0.Your pain level will decrease after a week since surgery but unfortunately muscle tightness will come

redwedding

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2021, 06:16:33 PM »

Hey redwedding,
I appreciate your comment a lot! Sorry I haven’t gotten back to you. Day 3 was extremely stressful for me and I didn’t even have the energy to respond, was thinking about your message before I fell asleep. My father had documented everything the doctor said about health risks of the surgery whihc would include deep bone infections, but I haven’t had the chance to ask him to pull out the files. I will try my best to get back to you!

dear racecarworm,

Please take care and get better. Do not worry about my inqueries until you are doing well.

cheers,
sergio
If deep bone infection and the pulmonary embolism was not a risk I will do this operation tomorrow!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up