Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL suggestions  (Read 464 times)

BoneBreaker

• Visitor
LL suggestions
« on: April 07, 2021, 06:43:40 AM »

So many options. No idea who to choose. Preferably the cheapest.. but I also don't want to get butchered. What's the point if a place has bad cred?
Had 2 btc.. only have 1 now. Pretty depressing..
Anyways, I have about 65k atm (I know it will be less when I cash some crypto out due to the amount that will be stolen in the form of capital gains taxes). Let's just say for the sake of argument that's what I have in my bank.

I am 5'5". 26 soon. Want 4 inches on my tibia. One inch on my femur. Could be 3 on tibia and 2 on femur, but it seems cheaper to have it all on one leg. I'm also open to just 4 inches on my tibia and 0 on my femur if the price is too disgustingly high. FYI I am NOT okay with anything less than 4 inches. There is no exception to that. Being 5'8" will have 0 effect on my brain. 5'9" is barely tolerable. Where should I go? Bad cred is an automatic pass. Bad cred to me is having even 1 failure. Could make an exception based on the cause along with their percentage success rate.

Really would prefer to spend like 20-30k only since I want to start a business too. Really pisses me off how much money I have to spend to fix a deformity (being short is a deformity despite what delusional people think. Being both short and a man is an oxymoron). This pos height destroyed my body builder dream.. it's why I stopped my intense training at age 16. I used to train for hours on a daily bases for 4 years straight. It was methodical. I was obsessed. It kept me driven. I am dead inside now.. Can't stop thinking about it (no, body building and short height don't match despite what some people think. In MY eyes, it is pointless without a normal height minimally).

Somewhat off topic, but are spine surgeries a thing? Wanted one or 2 inches on my spine.
Also, how much are arm surgeries?

In all honesty, if I could just be 5'10", I'd be mentally good (minus the PTSD from nearly 10 years of wanting to off myself non-stop over this height. Every second of every day. Not even a small exaggeration. I'm always conscious of this no matter if I'm working, am alone, talking about something random, etc.). I'm really pissed over the torment I've had to endure for years without end.

Anyways, I apologize for the rant. Could have made this post much shorter, but every time I think too heavily about my height (it's always on my mind, but I can normally suppress my anger to a small degree), I can't help but rant over being born this unlucky. I was robbed of my youth, my only passion, a normal life, and financial freedom all because this height destroyed me in both body and mind. Trapped in the body of a boy.

tl;dr
1. Have 65k, but want to spend the minimum. Preferably in the 20-30k range.
2. Want a surgeon with a good rep. What surgeon do you recommend?
3. Want 4inches (anything less won't cut it). 5 If tibia+femur is at a manageable cost.
4. Are spine surgeries a thing and if so, what is the cost? (aka I'd be willing to just do 3 inches on my tibia if I can get 1-2 inches on my spine).

Serilium

Re: LL suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 07:12:59 AM »

4 inches on tibia is not recommended, it stretches the achilles tendon to a point that will make you have severe ballerina feet (permanent tip toeing) unless you get a achilles tendon release which is just as if not even worse as you will lose permanent strength on that tendon and will really suffer in many ways as in you will probably never run again or jump. You may be able to "fake jog" after years though. But permanent loss of strength is going to happen.

2 inches (5cm)  is about the recommendation for tibia- 2.5 inch max, and that is pushing it.

You see, what I would do, is this. 2 or 3 inches on your femur with an internal nail, probably Precice. Then about 12 months later, do LON on your tibias for another 2 inches. This should get you to 4 or 5 inches, depending on if you want to push femur to 3 inches or leave it at 2 inches. LON will probably be about 25k-30k somewhere like Donghoon Lee or Giotikas and precice will run about 50k at Giotikas or somewhere similar. So a 30k budget is not realistic for 4 inches, neither is a 65k budget if you want good doctors and methods. 80-90k budget is pushing it for femur+tibia but is the minimum for good methods especially ensuring the femur portion is with an internal femur like precice internal femur, which is crucial.

Spine surgeries are not a thing. There is one thing that lets you retain morning height (1-2cm), but not any actual height gain per se, and it's not even a thing yet and is akin to spinal fusion (you cant bend down to tie your shoes after, stuff like that)

Zion

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 01:04:30 PM »

4 inches tibia? You are delusional.

You think there is not big change from 5'5 to 5'8 or 5'9? You are delusional.

Your best safe bet is 2 inches tibia and 3 femur. That is if you ever do a second surgery. People like you who have not done this surgery can be delusional.

Good luck

BoneBreaker

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 02:05:53 PM »

"You think there is not big change from 5'5 to 5'8 or 5'9? You are delusional."
Lol. 5'8" is a complete joke. Doesn't matter if the "change" is "big". The end result is still a joke. 5'9" is barely okay. Saying otherwise is just coping.
Anyways, guess I'll need closer to 80k.

BoneBreaker

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 02:09:50 PM »

Are all doctors for LL surgery outside of canada and the u.s. "bad"? I've seen cheaper. Are their reputations really that horrid? I don't need the best of the best. Just need to know they take it seriously and won't butcher my legs.

Should have just googled it first. That was my mistake.
Giotikas-Greece
Lee-South Korea
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:34:48 PM by Water »

RealLostSoul

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 02:13:24 PM »

4 inches in tibia is impossible if you want to return to any normal functions. You will need to do 2 LLs, and start with femur.

Are all doctors for LL surgery outside of canada and the u.s. "bad"? I've seen cheaper. Are their reputations really that horrid? I don't need the best of the best. Just need to know they take it seriously and won't butcher my legs.

Not all are terrible obviously.

BoneBreaker

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 02:15:19 PM »

Obviously not 100%. I just meant "the grand majority", but I guess I need to be more specific to avoid people nitpicking. I was also making a point that I would settle for people that aren't as credible so long as they are cheaper, but still reputable enough. Anyways, that was a mistake since I made the assumption for some reason that the places they mentioned were from the u.s. and canada. Not sure why I even thought that. It seems 80-90k is the minimum I'll have to spend.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 02:56:36 PM by Water »

Serilium

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 02:27:29 PM »

I think for certain people, 5'5 to 5'9 will make a big difference and change their life :) I completely respect if you feel you are not those people, everyone is in a different situation, different country, different severity of height dysphoria and neurosis, different upbringing which can cause different perceptions and confidence levels. I personally have a different view but I have my own biases and I know you know what is best for your situation :) So I respect your opinion, granted I am a little attacked by the "5'8 is a complete joke" comment  ;D but it's not a big deal to me, I probably have felt that way too in my life.

Now I will suggest a budget doctor for you

Parihar from India is the best and cheapest. You may be able to squeeze internal femurs + LON tibias with him for like 65k, but that is a rough guess- best to contact him. Parihar is world class- trained by Paley himself. He doesn't do CLL often, but he certainly knows his stuff. I personally wouldn't go to India in general because I just don't think I could survive that place in terms of transitioning from a first world to a third world, but money can go a long way in India so you will probably have a good standard of living.

Cheers Water.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 04:35:52 PM »

Obviously not 100%. I just meant "the grand majority", but I guess I need to be more specific to avoid people nitpicking. I was also making a point that I would settle for people that aren't as credible so long as they are cheaper, but still reputable enough. Anyways, that was a mistake since I made the assumption for some reason that the places they mentioned were from the u.s. and canada. Not sure why I even thought that. It seems 80-90k is the minimum I'll have to spend.

really depends on how much risk you want to have and what method you wanna do (internals, externals, weightbearing, etc.). ll will always have risks, with paley it's the lowest though.

what world do we live in where a European, English-speaking person is advised to do this in India rather than LONDON??

it's a fact that ppl on here will tell you that parihar is better than any European doctor.
for European drs you will here stuff like
Guichet: lengthens you at extreme amounts per day so you end up with nonunion and soft tissue damage.
Betz: every second person has a broken nail
Monegal: Crazy doctor that doesn't care about his patients.
etc. etc.

Don't take my words for the truth because I can only meta-analyze what people talk about but in MY opinion, if you want weightbearing within a foreseeable future (and not wait a year for stryde), Betz seems to be a valid option, there are many good cases in the last years (for femurs at least). If you don't mind weight bearing, go for a US dr with precise. If you want to do externals, well.... idk sorry can't tell who is the best for LON/LATN etc (I wouldn't want to do externals for cLL, primarily because of insane scars). If you want to wait for stryde, do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up