Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on option 5 with Paley?  (Read 358 times)

growthPlz

Thoughts on option 5 with Paley?
« on: April 12, 2021, 06:45:17 PM »

To me this sounds actually super safe, considering you do 4 and 4, wait a year or a year and a half and then rebreak and do another 4 and 4. This sounds pretty safe. Thoughts?

Serilium

Re: Thoughts on option 5 with Paley?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 06:57:45 PM »

Safe, probably.

very painful and more difficult? definitely, quadrilaterals are super hard compared to one section.

RealLostSoul

Re: Thoughts on option 5 with Paley?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 07:43:05 PM »

I was really thinking about doing this exact option but I would NOT! do it with precice now. If you really want to do that hardcore option (safe but very mentally and physically draining), wait for stryde. Imagine going through the first "phase" and a year later, you come back for the second lengthening but you are non weightbearing again when everyone around you is already getting stryde again (assuming stryde will be back at that time, you won't be able to exchange nails I suppose).

Also, Paley told me you only pay for option 3 and you should do 5+5 or 5+4 bc most patients do not want to come back for the second round (or third round if you refer to the surgeries itself).

tldr, only if you are extremely tough mentally, and with stryde, it is pretty safe.

also, cost is super high but whatever one must know that for themselves anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up