Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How did your family reacted when u decided to go through this surgery?  (Read 513 times)

EmptyCorridors

• Visitor

Ive decided to do this surgery sooner of later in my life, i will do it. Im still having my savings, and i would like to find a good doctor in my country to perform it(Brazil).. Bringing this conversation to my mom/dad was something very difficult. My mom told that she doesnt have the health to deal with her son "10 months laying down in a bed". They literally couldnt accept the fact the i really wanted to go foward with it, claiming that i have psychologycal issues and so on.
I can understand completely the fact that maybe they will never acknowledge it and even fight against, but thats my dream, not theirs.

I really wanted to know how your family of u guys(that did the surgery) dealt with it. They accepted it? They helped you?

llendpoint

The only thing that you can't do during LL is buying food, driving, and doing the laundry. Other than that it's not too much to ask for, receiving help for 3 months.
Even kids don't do these three things when they live at home. So you being in that state for 3 months is nothing big. Just tell them you would appreciate a little bit of help, if not you will pay a stranger to do these things for you. Good parents should agree at that point.

BelowTheMean

That's why I did Stryde. I did not need any assistance from family at all. I haven't even told them yet.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

RealLostSoul

god bless supportive parents. especially my mother. she supports me with everything, the only thing is she is very afraid of deadly complications but I can't blame her, I am too in a way.

Body Builder

My parents were against at the begining but finally they understood how important it was for me so they fully supported me. They even paid for everything as I was only 23 when I did it without even having a job.
I am very lucky to have them.

Activatedxx

Ive decided to do this surgery sooner of later in my life, i will do it. Im still having my savings, and i would like to find a good doctor in my country to perform it(Brazil).. Bringing this conversation to my mom/dad was something very difficult. My mom told that she doesnt have the health to deal with her son "10 months laying down in a bed". They literally couldnt accept the fact the i really wanted to go foward with it, claiming that i have psychologycal issues and so on.
I can understand completely the fact that maybe they will never acknowledge it and even fight against, but thats my dream, not theirs.

I really wanted to know how your family of u guys(that did the surgery) dealt with it. They accepted it? They helped you?

That’s a stretch, even full externals would take less than that given you’re not doing a high amount.
If you’re doing LON/precice/stride
Really should only take 5-6 months max until you’re recovered enough to take care of yourself like I’ve seen even after the first couple weeks you should be able to do a limited amount of things
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

6CMFemurs

My family was incredibly supportive. Well my Dad was incredibly supportive and even flew down with me to take care of me post-op, my Mom was a little nauseated by the whole thing, but was ultimately supportive.

EmptyCorridors

• Visitor

I think that, its completely normal to be against this kind of procedure, specially because u dont see your child as a "object" like society, so things like heght and appearence shouldnt come to our parents mind when they think of us. Plus, media puts alot of criticism in this procedure, it makes me wonder how hypocrite is society nowdays..
But if its something very important for us, they have to accept one way or another.

I would love recieve support and help from my parents, i feel even more strange and isolated when came across things like that. Hope one day they understand.
Pages: [1]   Go Up