Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help!!! for LL this month tibia 5-5.5cm  (Read 1294 times)

Activatedxx

Need Help!!! for LL this month tibia 5-5.5cm
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:39:51 PM »

Originally I had scheduled to have surgery with kulesh mid April in St. Petersburg but Russia is not accepting tourists except for certain reasons such as medical reasons. Kulesh and the hospital won’t send me a medical invitation for some reason the only American speaking hospital that they do CLL there does not partner with kulesh and Solomon anymore. I have everything ready except my visa to enter Russia. However due to this I ended up going for another doctor, I have emailed all 4 hospitals they do LL at and no one replied and kulesh isn’t helping me get a visa either

I emailed catagni and was going to pay the extra amount difference. I only have this month and the first week of may to start This procedure for personal reasons. Catagni is a good surgeon and has good results from what I saw in lumieres diary. However he replied saying that his hospital is closed for some reason and he will email me if he has availability at the end of April which may be way to long for me.

Then I emailed parihar, I will be doing a consultation but India requires medical documentation too and I am not sure parihar will be able to provide it for me. Just like kulesh in Russia couldn’t.

LASTLY the only option I have left that isn’t crap is Dr Halil Buldu in turkey that doesn’t require anything for tourists. But his practice is sketchy, his number is a patient coordinator charging 2,500 euros more than the advertised price in this forum and say that they only do tibias with lon because external only causes misalignment which seems like BS to me because every other decent doctor says external only for tibia is safer and better.

I feel stuck, I really hope parihar works out because he is the best price Experienced surgeon. Catagni seems good to but he doesn’t look available and my last resort option is buldu but I don’t want to do LON for tibia 5cm

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should do or recommendations
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Siegfried

Re: Need Help!!! for LL this month tibia 5-5.5cm
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 10:52:14 PM »

If your only chance is buldu, I would go with him. I spoke to a Swiss guy recently who did quadrilaterals with him and his bones are all good, according to his doctors at home. He is a good surgeon, it’s just the agency livelidetaller which is sketchy af.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Activatedxx

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 01:19:23 AM »

If your only chance is buldu, I would go with him. I spoke to a Swiss guy recently who did quadrilaterals with him and his bones are all good, according to his doctors at home. He is a good surgeon, it’s just the agency livelidetaller which is sketchy af.

How can I contact him directly? Online his prices at 15-16k euros but all his stupid coordinators are up charging it 2-3 thousand in usd (2-2.5euro)

Zion

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 01:37:31 AM »

I am doing LON femurs with him. Soon 6cm and will stop at 7cm. I have frames removal the 17 of April. He seems like a good person and is constantly doing this surgery = good experience.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 01:44:58 AM »

pure externals for tibias is defo a better choice. try pili?
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2021, 01:47:55 AM »

He seems like a good person and is constantly doing this surgery = good experience.

I second this. I was apprehensive at first too. But all his oesteotomies look great, and xrays look great. I think besides that its your post surgery excercises/activites that matter, coz the doc's job is mainly done unless there is a complication.
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

llendpoint

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 07:11:07 PM »

How can I contact him directly? Online his prices at 15-16k euros but all his stupid coordinators are up charging it 2-3 thousand in usd (2-2.5euro)
The prices have not changed as far as I know, it's 16k for LON (1st surgery) and 2500 for the frame removal (2nd one). You can pay it all at once or pay for the frame removal later. You can ask for clarification.

Zion

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 08:39:59 PM »

All is 15k or package price for 20k

Activatedxx

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 01:23:45 AM »

The prices have not changed as far as I know, it's 16k for LON (1st surgery) and 2500 for the frame removal (2nd one). You can pay it all at once or pay for the frame removal later. You can ask for clarification.

I see, that’s understandable I thought it was that price plus removal. I knew removal was extra I just didn’t know it was included in the first price

Awesome, I think I will end up going for buldu then as Russia is a no go due to the travel restrictions. It is nearly impossible to get a visa from them with the pandemic even to have a medical procedure the requirements are crazy annoying and time consuming

Activatedxx

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 01:32:15 AM »

Ended up booking with halil buldu. I was trying for Russia kulesh or India parihar for weeks and could not get a visa due to COVID they are closed for tourists and the visa allows medical exceptions to have medical work done however none of the hospitals replied to my request to help me get one via the countries ministry of affairs. Italy (catagni said his hospital is not doing LL at the moment until 1-2 months which was too late for me

Buldu was my only option that had a good amount of experience and cases. Although the patient coordinators and some fake accounts were discouraging, I’ve heard good things from people like sunshine etc who made diaries
 I booked my ticket to turkey and will make a diary next month God willing.

Leaving the USA on may 4th. Most likely will start procedure mid may so I can get situated.

Zion

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 03:12:15 AM »

Good luck. I will finish very soon and remove these damn fixators the 17th of april with 7cm gained on femurs. I believe Buldu is quite good. I know and speak with Frederico (not fake at all) and know James (not fake at all) your thinking will change once you come and do it, it will. I would suggest to stay in hotel with the other patients. Good bye.

Activatedxx

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 10:59:07 PM »

Good luck. I will finish very soon and remove these damn fixators the 17th of april with 7cm gained on femurs. I believe Buldu is quite good. I know and speak with Frederico (not fake at all) and know James (not fake at all) your thinking will change once you come and do it, it will. I would suggest to stay in hotel with the other patients. Good bye.

Hey Zion are you removing your frames now?

Zion

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 05:18:26 AM »

Yeah they removed them yesterday
Pages: [1]   Go Up