Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Documentary of Limb lengthening By Channel News Asia Singapore (CNA)  (Read 818 times)

BelowTheMean

Re: Documentary of Limb lengthening By Channel News Asia Singapore (CNA)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 07:10:25 AM »

Good find, though I really can't imagine going to India to do this surgery... esp. with the doctor in the video :-X
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Want-3-inches

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 07:40:44 AM »

That doctor looks a little brutish. He did not know where to perform the osteotomy before starting the surgery. Also see how he pushes off his assistant's hand when he tries to mark something on the patient's leg. Nuvasive sent a doctor from their side and she had to read the manual before the surgery?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 07:41:15 AM »

Pretty much every single news outlet covers Sarin when talking about leg lengthening in India. Really it's because Sarin advertises more than anyone, but he's really someone you shouldn't risk your legs with. Dr Paley would reaffirm this, as well as a lot of former Sarin patients.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Want-3-inches

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 08:56:54 AM »

Pretty much every single news outlet covers Sarin when talking about leg lengthening in India. Really it's because Sarin advertises more than anyone, but he's really someone you shouldn't risk your legs with. Dr Paley would reaffirm this, as well as a lot of former Sarin patients.

Paley knows about Sarin?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 09:28:24 AM »

Paley knows about Sarin?
He has had to correct some of the issues caused by Sarin.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 09:32:38 AM »

Lol in the documentary he seems quite proud of how he's handling everything.

All this looks poor on Nuvasive. They should not let anyone and everyone use their nails.

overandover

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 09:48:30 AM »

Any doctor who advertizes this surgery will face backslash from the orthopedic or medical community in general maybe that's why Parihar doesn't advertise and seems like Sarin doesn't care.

overandover

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 09:49:40 AM »

Very informative documentary

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/undercover-asia/make-me-taller-india-14660054?view=embed&autoplay=1

a lot of Asians gonna go to sarin and get butchered after this. People should come to this forum before getting surgery anywhere.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 10:08:11 AM »

Any doctor who advertizes this surgery will face backslash from the orthopedic or medical community in general maybe that's why Parihar doesn't advertise and seems like Sarin doesn't care.

Parihar doesn't really have an interest in cosmetic practice. He has an interest in doing and teaching more complex stuff.

Limbfan2020

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 03:07:47 PM »

Great find, Flyer!

37:40 min
WTF?! He calls nuvasive during the LL surgery because he is not sure where to cut the bone?! ;D ;D

Serilium

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 04:13:58 PM »

Didn't expect this documentary to be so good. Really really well put documentary. I have an attention span of a goldfish but even this documentary was entertaining enough to keep me watching.

Yeah Dr. Sarin calling nuvasive mid-surgery was comical.  ;D Ran out of time for the anaesthesia and could only do a single leg lmao. A surgeon winging it and being this unprepared only happens in movies you would think. Literally like a video from The Onion

Also Dr. Sarin's daughter has good insights and advice. Same with the non-LL surgeon they talked to, he was quite reasonable and didn't dismiss the surgery completely. I like when he saying "I understand 5'0 man wanting to go to 5'2, 5'3, etc". Unlike some american news shows that have a random orthopedic surgeon saying "I would never do this for cosmetic, this is wrong, this is bad", etc.

And first time I saw the Sarin guesthouse lmao. Looks comfy I guess?  ;D

I still have no idea why that dude went to Sarin to do stryde/precice when he had never done it before. He's not the smartest guy either, he had horrible ballerina and still proceeded to lengthen femurs?? crazy. Sarin really operates on anybody, it's hilarious he said he "operates on 1/100 patients". Sarin probably did Achilles lengthening on him too.

Great documentary

Going-For-Three

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 05:27:17 PM »

Good find, though I really can't imagine going to India to do this surgery... esp. with the doctor in the video :-X
Same, it's very difficult to justify anything outside of the US, especially when you're not using Stryde.

The documentary seems like it's really well made though.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2021, 12:31:24 PM »

He measures the patients legs before the surgery using a measuring tape  ::)

The best part is that is proud about all this. He probably shows off this documentary as an achievement of his to his friends and family.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2021, 01:32:33 AM »

Very informative documentary

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/video-on-demand/undercover-asia/make-me-taller-india-14660054?view=embed&autoplay=1

This documentary is really making its way around lately. I was at a friend's place and her daughter was watching it on YouTube.

Want-3-inches

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 10:43:54 AM »

This documentary is really making its way around lately. I was at a friend's place and her daughter was watching it on YouTube.

what are the odds.

Anyway this documentary is quite crappy:

- They chose a bad surgeon
- They did not show how people turn out after recovering. Everyone does this to enjoy life after recovery, and not to simply experience the process lol. They conveniently avoided showing how that foreign patient was doing after his tibial lengthening (whether good or bad). I think they have an agenda to gain the maximum eyeballs. Show how gruesome it looks so that people in the comments section can write about how it's not worth it, makes them sick to the stomach yada yada yada.
Pages: [1]   Go Up