Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021  (Read 24411 times)

Fixator1

• Visitor
Re: Diary: Femur LON - Dr Halil Buldu - May 2021
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2021, 03:19:18 PM »

That sounds like a good idea!! Go for 6 cm, and there is no need for 7-8 cm. As you said, quality of life is essential.

billsmafia

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2021, 09:23:49 AM »

Not to mention~ your proportions will look better too with just 6cm

MrSoonToBeTaller

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »

Best wishes and good luck.

RB

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2021, 10:28:04 AM »

Wishing you best of luck with the rest of the journey. I know it is incredibly tough in those first few weeks but rest assured it does get easier. Have you considered aiming for 7cm as a higher goal to aim for? I am almost at 6cm and my goal is 7cm and I will likely stop there. I think it is an achievable goal and gets you solid value out of doing this surgery.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2021, 03:21:39 PM »

Friday - May 23. 8 days after surgery

Not going to be posting super frequently unless something major happens; i'm lengthening 4 times a day, 6am/pm, 12am/pm. No tightness, no pain. My right side stings a little, kinda cold. Otherwise nothing's really happening. I told my mother about what I'm doing, and she was supportive. I'm really happy about that.

Best wishes and good luck.
Not to mention~ your proportions will look better too with just 6cm
Thanks both!

Wishing you best of luck with the rest of the journey. I know it is incredibly tough in those first few weeks but rest assured it does get easier. Have you considered aiming for 7cm as a higher goal to aim for? I am almost at 6cm and my goal is 7cm and I will likely stop there. I think it is an achievable goal and gets you solid value out of doing this surgery.
Originally I wanted 7.5 (3 inches solid) but I whittled it down to 5.5-6cm because I don't want complications and I really want a smoother recovery. It probably won't be fast, but I anticipate less issues along the way. According to most users, every inch is a world of problems in the recovery. So f*ck that. I'll be very happy at 177-179.
There's no reason to get greedy here. But good luck on reaching 7cm bro. Who did you do your operation with?
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

houssamkarmouchi

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2021, 06:14:24 PM »

hey bro
i m followinf you diary and you are really helpful
but why you want to stop on 5 cm , there are a lot of people who had done 8 cm ore more ,,

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »

hey bro
i m followinf you diary and you are really helpful
but why you want to stop on 5 cm , there are a lot of people who had done 8 cm ore more ,,

It's in your best interest to not do this. Log off and paint or something pal
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

RB

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2021, 02:57:31 AM »

Friday - May 23. 8 days after surgery

Not going to be posting super frequently unless something major happens; i'm lengthening 4 times a day, 6am/pm, 12am/pm. No tightness, no pain. My right side stings a little, kinda cold. Otherwise nothing's really happening. I told my mother about what I'm doing, and she was supportive. I'm really happy about that.
Thanks both!
Originally I wanted 7.5 (3 inches solid) but I whittled it down to 5.5-6cm because I don't want complications and I really want a smoother recovery. It probably won't be fast, but I anticipate less issues along the way. According to most users, every inch is a world of problems in the recovery. So f*ck that. I'll be very happy at 177-179.
There's no reason to get greedy here. But good luck on reaching 7cm bro. Who did you do your operation with?

Fair enough bro, hopefully you have a relatively smooth journey to 5.5/6cm. I had my surgery with Dr. Betz. Thanks bro!
5'4" > 5'7.5"

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2021, 06:52:06 AM »

Fair enough bro, hopefully you have a relatively smooth journey to 5.5/6cm. I had my surgery with Dr. Betz. Thanks bro!

Congrats being on your last cm to your goal! How are you feeling about it? Also how’s the tightness? I am under the impression that the betzbone is a completely easier device to use than LON, and the average recovery isn’t terrible because you’re already walking.
Also how does it feel to already be 6cm taller?? That’s amazing man
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

RB

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2021, 08:25:18 AM »

Congrats being on your last cm to your goal! How are you feeling about it? Also how’s the tightness? I am under the impression that the betzbone is a completely easier device to use than LON, and the average recovery isn’t terrible because you’re already walking.
Also how does it feel to already be 6cm taller?? That’s amazing man

Thanks man! Currently I feel ok. I definitely have tightness but as long as I stretch 3-4 times per day and stay on top of my PT it doesn’t bother me too much. I would say you guys doing LON probably have it harder just due to to the frames and being able to walk quicker so the recovery is probably a bit smoother but in the end I assume we would have similar recoveries.

It feels good man, I started noticing the gain at 5cm and now at 6cm it’s definitely noticeable especially when compared to people who I used to be the same height as like my gf. Keep going and you’ll be at 6cm in no time and feel free to ask any questions!
5'4" > 5'7.5"

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2021, 10:58:55 AM »

Wednesday - May 26. 11 days after surgery. Gain: +4mm

The swelling is going down. Bending hasn't drastically improved, but I'm more confident in my ability to move and practice pending. Work started back recently and it's a good way to pass time. My motivation swings from 40-80% when doing stuff, especially because i feel the pins digging into my legs when I sit up. Lying down is really the only way to work.

Pain: No tightness yet. I'm still very early into my lengthening. People report past 4~6cm where they start feeling it. I hope starting a little taller will give me additional runway. Clicking pain has subsided. It still bothers the   out of me, but it's not intolerable. The first 1-2 days of clicking is brutal, but now it's just a dramatic ping down my left femur. I dread when my right leg will start clicking.

Mood: Hygiene is a critical component to this. Staying clean and feeling good about yourself is really the best way to do this that doesn't put you in a negative mental state.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Unknown

« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »

Arent u doing LON? Why do u need to do clicking?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2021, 07:53:22 PM »

Arent u doing LON? Why do u need to do clicking?

So there's a rod in our femurs. The rod isn't stable - after swelling dies down, the rod will swing back and forth according to our gait/hip movements. It bangs against our femurs - and let me tell you, this SUCKS. The first time it happens it feels like you rebroke your bone. The sensation dampens which each consecutive instance, but it never stops.

Right now my left leg has adjusted to it. My right leg hurts like a b*tch when it clicks.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

dexter1930

« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2021, 11:17:58 PM »

relax man, stay calmed and please do not be panic, you will go through this in a few days, the rods will be soon a no issue, I know how that felt to have the rods get rubbed against the bones, it's awfully painful but it will be gone soon. This ís normal to be hurt with a pair of broken legs and to be alone on this journey but please remember why we do this in the first place. i'm a lon tibias patient, currently at 67 days post surgery

Bagga

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2021, 02:21:44 AM »

Did you check with the doctor  --is this normal?
If yes, then it is ok.

josh_bates

• Visitor
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2021, 05:21:55 AM »

Did you leave turkey yet? When are you planning to go back?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2021, 07:57:57 AM »

Did you leave turkey yet? When are you planning to go back?
No. I will stay until late July doing therapy. If all goes according to plan I'll hit my goal end of June/early July.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

DonBones

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2021, 09:15:42 AM »

Friday - May 28. 13 days after surgery. Gain: +6mm

Sigh, ok. Relax and stay calm? I'm in pain  . F*ck you, and f*ck everybody who does not detail how painful this is. If you find a diary that does not describe how brutal and painful this situation is, it is a fake diary. This surgery and procedure will shatter you to your core, and everyday until you remove your external fixators the pain will remind you of your dumb decision.
You dont feel pain? Congratulations. Good for you. Wow. AMazIng. You are a great guy! Shut the f*ck up. It's crazy how your new height means 0 changes with your ability to empathize.

---

With that said, the pain subsides everyday, little by little. But as one pain subsides, another emerges. Example: surgery trauma -> swelling -> bone clicking -> muscle tightness -> nerve pain.
As time goes on, one becomes another. Sometimes the pain from one group never leaves and you're left with a variety of pain from different sources. That's the way this surgery works.

They promised me a 5 star hotel with breakfast. I don't have breakfast. It's a 2 star hotel anywhere else, at best. The hotel makes everybody go to the lobby to pick up food. In pain.
They promised me frequent contact. LOL they have 90 clients with a 9 person team, and new patients everyday. LOLL they cannot manage this.

Do I regret it? Not sure yet. Dr Halil Buldu is definitely an expert surgeon. He does LON better than almost anybody. While I am spitting vitriol at everything surrounding this situation, I can't fault him. He did a good job.

I'm about .7mm taller. I know at 5cm I will consider stopping. At 5.5cm I will definitely stop. My first x-ray is next Saturday, June 5th. I will be about 1.5cm taller by then. I'm pounding a ton of dairy so hopefully ill  be able to push >1mm/day, which allows me to terminate lengthening at the end of June. One month of hell.

If you've read my diary and are still considering this procedure, please evaluate your quality of life. If it's so bad you're willing to take your own life, then this is right for you.

Hang in there. It hurts like hell, but in the end I am sure you will come out stronger, happier and you will be glad you did it.
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

6CMFemurs

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2021, 10:24:54 AM »

You gotta chill man. The first couple weeks can be pretty brutal, but once you get over the hump everybody feels better. In my experience, even the people who were in unimaginable pain at the beginning were functioning pretty well by the one month mark. Just take it one day at a time.

dexter1930

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2021, 11:18:07 AM »

that's ok to put your anger on me, it's fine it it helps. I think the problem with LON method is that usually doctor would start distraction phase in  7-10 days post surgery, imo this is a little rusty. In your case, if they had waited for another week, probably you would have felt a lot more better since the body would have more time to adapt to the damages from the surgery and get used to the pain from the nails inside and outside. I think, if possible, you can reduce the daily rate length to .75 or even .5 to let your body heal and adapt. pain med should be the last option. hope this helps

Unknown

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »

Thanks for the honesty on your diary, haven't seen a real diary like this for a while. From your text your pain is very clearly expressed as well as your emotions. Sincerely hope you get better soon. Night is darkest before the dawn. You will be a bigger man after the procedure(figuratively and literally).

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2021, 03:07:39 PM »

Thanks for the honesty on your diary, haven't seen a real diary like this for a while. From your text your pain is very clearly expressed as well as your emotions. Sincerely hope you get better soon. Night is darkest before the dawn. You will be a bigger man after the procedure(figuratively and literally).
Thanks Jason. I appreciate you acknowledging my pain and frustration - and I really mean it. I'm really tired of these "chill out man" posts (they can eat it).

I'm feeling better now after doing a ton of PT. The pain is still here but I'm also on half a pill of paracetamol 500 mg (which appears to be the lighter prescriptions they gave me). At 250mg it helps to noticeably dull the bone pain. I'm sure I'll be in a better place before long.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2021, 03:49:54 PM »

Thanks Jason. I appreciate you acknowledging my pain and frustration - and I really mean it. I'm really tired of these "chill out man" posts (they can eat it).

I'm feeling better now after doing a ton of PT. The pain is still here but I'm also on half a pill of paracetamol 500 mg (which appears to be the lighter prescriptions they gave me). At 250mg it helps to noticeably dull the bone pain. I'm sure I'll be in a better place before long.

Sorry to ask, but what is the pain comparable to? If there’s anything you can compare it to of course.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2021, 04:50:46 PM »

Sorry to ask, but what is the pain comparable to? If there’s anything you can compare it to of course.
Break your femur and find out bro.

But seriously, there's a large variety of different pains in this process. Each as intense and dreadful as the last. The one I'm referring to is called clicking, not to be confused with Betz's clicking, is the rod inside your femur rattling. It's like cracking your knuckle, but it's your femur in half and it does not feel good. it's intense and overwhelming. It stops me in my tracks for 10-30 seconds, howling in pain. IT shoots through your bone, into your pelvic muscles. It's debilitating.

However it's subsided a little. Now it's just dramatic at best, painful at worst.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

6CMFemurs

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2021, 11:45:56 PM »

@Perfect Body: Have you had a post-surgery check-up yet? Have you seen your doctor in clinic? If you are having this much pain you might be experiencing some type of complication? Either that or early-stage lengthening with LON is just way more uncomfortable than my internals. Even with internals, I remember that the lengthening caused significant discomfort until I slowed down to 0.75 around the 4 CM mark. However, even in the first couple of weeks I never remember suffering nearly as bad as you are describing. Tell your doctor how much you are suffering and see if he can give you a thorough check-up to find out what is going on. Another possibility may be that painkillers they give you in the US are way stronger than you can get your hands on in Turkey.

Unknown

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2021, 07:37:42 AM »

Would you advise guys at your height to get this done? Is it worth it in your opinion?

Unknown

« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2021, 08:46:23 AM »

I think it's worth it for you to evaluate two questions:

1. From a scale of 0-10, where 10 is perfect and 0 is so bad you should take yourself out, what is your quality of life?
2. How much of this negativity can be factored out/ameliorated by a few centimeters in height?

If you sincerely think CLL can give you +3-5 points in your quality of life, idk go for it. Personally, after all the pain and agony and I mean severe pain and agony, it might be worth it for me. I don't now yet because I'm still in the process. Everyday I think about stopping sooner, 3 or 4 cm. But it wont be worth it if I don't hit at lest 5-6cm.
Idk maybe a 3. But could u modify and remove the take urself out part in your post. It makes me feel bad. Admittedly im considering this procedure because i dont feel good overall with my self esteem(mostly due to height), but also due to other depressive issues.

Unknown

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2021, 10:23:48 AM »

Sorry but no; it's a serious degree of dissatisfaction many people have with their lives. At this level CLL won't help, and it's important to know.

As for your depression, please spend some time with a therapist. My therapist helped my personal growth and development, but my stature was the only thing holding me back from really being happy. He did everything he could and I am 1000% satisfied with my two years working with him. I'm in a much better place than where I was. But after all that work, I still wasn't where I wanted to be. Hence I am now stuck to a bed, chained to a walker, in Turkey, undergoing mild degrees of pain on the daily basis.

You need to do everything you can to fix yourself first before considering this operation; it's a seriously expensive, extremely painful, and long time commitment.
Do you think this procedure will help you with dating? Most of my disatisfaction in life comes from not being able to date the girls im attracted to. Occasionally every now and then I will be able to date girls but they are usually not the ones I am as attracted to. The ones I really like, I havent had a chance in dating them long term. I mainly attribute this to my height(164cm).

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »

Do you think this procedure will help you with dating? Most of my disatisfaction in life comes from not being able to date the girls im attracted to. Occasionally every now and then I will be able to date girls but they are usually not the ones I am as attracted to. The ones I really like, I havent had a chance in dating them long term. I mainly attribute this to my height(164cm).
Obviously. Chasing women shouldn't be the only reason you do this. See a therapist before you break your legs.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Activatedxx

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2021, 11:15:34 AM »

Not necessarily your height, could be your lack of confidence because of height etc. height is a large factor but no matter how tall you are women take into account many other things
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2021, 09:28:50 AM »

Monday - May 31. 16 days after surgery. Gain: +9mm

The worst of the clicking pain has subsidded. I'm working with 2 therapists 5 days/week to regain mobility and range of motion. The external/non-company therapist is 100% better than the in house therapist (she's super overworked with all the other cll patients) - I still 100% appreciate her and her work. My comfortable knee bending range is about 70*, I can push myself to 80* but there's a tremendous amount of tension in my quads.
I can sit on super elevated surfaces, but getting on my bed is still a challenge. Getting on the toilet is 100% technique; it's not easy. Getting off can be painful because the amount of force I need to exert on my legs.

I'm off painkillers for the last two days, and hoping to keep it this way indefinitely. I'm also eating like a king (3-4 healthy takeout meals/day, a ton of yogurt + protein powder), taking supplements (calcium, d3, zinc), and sleeping as much as I can.

In about 8 days I'll be officially 5'8" (+18mm), which is crazy to think about. Then 25 days from that, 5'9"(+43mm), and another 25 for 5'10" (+68mm). Total days of lengthening left at 1mm/day: 68.

I feel no tightness or soft tissue irritation of any sort that has been brought on by lengthening; PT has reduced tightness due to trauma. If, and only if, my callous formation is great, I might be able to push 1.25mm after my xray on Saturday. This reduces my penance from 68 to about 48 days. Realistically I'm happy to stop at +58mm (58-48 days) and call it "five-ten"ish ofc. I am not interested in suffering tremendous nerve pain past >5cm, and i'd like a smooth, healthy recovery. Looking forward to the next month flying by.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 12:44:08 PM by PerfectBody »
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up