Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heartbreak is the best motivator  (Read 1014 times)

Unknown

Heartbreak is the best motivator
« on: April 29, 2021, 12:24:09 PM »

Honestly I had enough of being rejected for my height and being just treated as a friend. This emotional pain I suffered from a recent rejection. Enough is enough. Be a taller man or be in a wheelchair. What more could I lose? I could never be considered a real man and always seen as a pity dog at my height. This solidifies my will to do it.

RB

Re: Heartbreak is the best motivator
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 12:30:28 PM »

Honestly I had enough of being rejected for my height and being just treated as a friend. This emotional pain I suffered from a recent rejection. Enough is enough. Be a taller man or be in a wheelchair. What more could I lose? I could never be considered a real man and always seen as a pity dog at my height. This solidifies my will to do it.

Go to a reputable doctor and you won’t end up in a wheelchair. It’s not a 50/50 coin flip of being taller or being in a wheelchair but you need to accept limited mobility during the process even with a weight bearing option.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Dr3am3r

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 12:46:21 PM »

hahaha, There are few things in this world that release as much energy as a broken heart.

Out of curiosity, what is your starting height?
And good luck to you on your journey, hope you achieve the life of your dreams.

Unknown

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 12:47:18 PM »

164, hardly even considered by girls.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 12:54:44 PM »

I actually think this really is a valid reason. I can absolutely understand you and I think if you do this a good motivator is key. The process is far beyond easy and you will need to keep your head up during your time. Remember that you are doing this to overcome that  ty past and be a new you. I try to think like that at least.

overandover

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 03:20:35 PM »

164, hardly even considered by girls.

What is your target height?

AllinStryde

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 04:23:52 PM »

I did CLL about 1.5 years ago.  I was 5'5" and change and ended up being around 5'8".  I am at peace knowing that I will never be a part of the 6-foot-club, and I get that.  However, I heard all the classic lines when I was younger..."If only you were taller" or "You're so short" or my personal favorite..."you would be perfect if you were tall."  I heard them all dude.  I am not married, and have no kids...and yes, I do blame that on being short.  When I was in my 20's and early 30's those were the formative years of serious relationships and marriages, and if you're under 5'10", you don't even register on any woman's radar at all.  I was tired of all the "jesterism" that was needed in order to make up for my lack of height.  I had to do everything 10 times harder in order to yield one fourth the results that taller dudes got.  I had/ have multiple social-circles and friend groups, and I will give you one guess who the only habitually single guy was.  You guessed it.  Don't misunderstand, I have had some interesting experiences and all, but nothing all that serious.  While I did get CLL done, I feel that getting it done in your late 30's, you miss that advantage of the increased female attention.  I could have used the extra height in high-school, college, and being a younger adult.  CLL is a double edge sword for many people...when you need it the most in your life, you can't afford it, and when you can afford it the most...you don't need it (as much) anymore.  The younger you are, the quicker you need to get this done, it only makes sense that you get more time and use out of your investment.  Why bother in my late 30"s then?  It's one thing to be the shortest guy in the room, I mean...somebody has to be, right?  But did I have to be the shortest guy in EVERY room, EVERY time???  So, while I am not the 6 foot dude, I do feel quite a bit better having done it.  It's kind of funny how the entire "body-positivity" movement only applies to women, and totally excludes height altogether.  And as far as the women go, they are going to have a very difficult time when they realize that only 13% of US men are 6 feet and up.  That's it.  So for all these women who are part of the "6-foot-or-no-man-at-all" club, they will have a very hard time when it comes to realizing they can't have it all, and that time is upon us now, and it's about due. 

RealLostSoul

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 04:42:17 PM »

I did CLL about 1.5 years ago.  I was 5'5" and change and ended up being around 5'8".  I am at peace knowing that I will never be a part of the 6-foot-club, and I get that.  However, I heard all the classic lines when I was younger..."If only you were taller" or "You're so short" or my personal favorite..."you would be perfect if you were tall."  I heard them all dude.  I am not married, and have no kids...and yes, I do blame that on being short.  When I was in my 20's and early 30's those were the formative years of serious relationships and marriages, and if you're under 5'10", you don't even register on any woman's radar at all.  I was tired of all the "jesterism" that was needed in order to make up for my lack of height.  I had to do everything 10 times harder in order to yield one fourth the results that taller dudes got.  I had/ have multiple social-circles and friend groups, and I will give you one guess who the only habitually single guy was.  You guessed it.  Don't misunderstand, I have had some interesting experiences and all, but nothing all that serious.  While I did get CLL done, I feel that getting it done in your late 30's, you miss that advantage of the increased female attention.  I could have used the extra height in high-school, college, and being a younger adult.  CLL is a double edge sword for many people...when you need it the most in your life, you can't afford it, and when you can afford it the most...you don't need it (as much) anymore.  The younger you are, the quicker you need to get this done, it only makes sense that you get more time and use out of your investment.  Why bother in my late 30"s then?  It's one thing to be the shortest guy in the room, I mean...somebody has to be, right?  But did I have to be the shortest guy in EVERY room, EVERY time???  So, while I am not the 6 foot dude, I do feel quite a bit better having done it.  It's kind of funny how the entire "body-positivity" movement only applies to women, and totally excludes height altogether.  And as far as the women go, they are going to have a very difficult time when they realize that only 13% of US men are 6 feet and up.  That's it.  So for all these women who are part of the "6-foot-or-no-man-at-all" club, they will have a very hard time when it comes to realizing they can't have it all, and that time is upon us now, and it's about due.

Damn that's terrible. It makes me sad knowing you had to live your "best time" like that. Very tragic experience. I hope you can find and keep your inner peace though. Everyone who can do LL at a young age should be thankfull (myself included).

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 04:46:22 PM »

Wise words

“Jesterism” hahah summed it up nicely.

These expectations, it’s all Bs really tho isn’t.

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 04:54:00 PM »

Worst thing is I did not know LL even existed during those “crucial” times.

Would not have been able to afford it so....

Been living with it (managing) so makes one think is it really worth shelling out the cash.

All the best lads

Serilium

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 06:00:18 PM »

But you'd say you'd rather have it done now than never right? I hear your frustrations and do sympathize with you. Better to live though, being taller than not doing it at all I would presume- even knowing that the benefits are not going to be as good as if you had done it earlier.

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 06:01:33 PM »

Being about an inch taller than you, I have a beautiful and nice woman which I may marry in some years, also some other good and serious relationships and I don't feel not the shortest everywhere nor like I have a problem.
Yes, some women will reject me for my height but I am sure I will reject more of them from not being good looking, fit or pleasant and with good manners.
So I feel you are much more pessimistic than you should for your height which is not bad.
Not good either bad still not a height that the majority of women will reject you only by that.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 07:31:02 PM »

Being about an inch taller than you, I have a beautiful and nice woman which I may marry in some years, also some other good and serious relationships and I don't feel not the shortest everywhere nor like I have a problem.
Yes, some women will reject me for my height but I am sure I will reject more of them from not being good looking, fit or pleasant and with good manners.
So I feel you are much more pessimistic than you should for your height which is not bad.
Not good either bad still not a height that the majority of women will reject you only by that.

5'9 is usa mean height. you re good to go. about feminism, yes a generation of cat ladies is emerging.
Gen Z females arent that stupid. they see how miserable some woman are. its just Gen Y has to deal with
this bull  among financial crisis and corona. this gen is really unlucky

BelowTheMean

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 07:53:23 PM »

I must have been pretty lucky, because I've heard all of those things from quite a few girls, but I was still able to hook up with most of them. Hearing those comments still made me feel like crap for being short and self-loathing though. I suppose overall I had plenty of fun in my 20s without being tall so I don't feel like I needed LL in my 20s. In your 20s, you don't need to be tall if you just want to hook up with girls, you just need to be in shape and know how to talk to girls. Neither of those are limited by genetics. Plenty of 5'4" to 5'7" guys get lots of action in their 20s. Of course taller guys have it easier, but shorter guys can make up for it in other ways.

Height is necessary, but it's not the only thing necessary. Even after reaching a "qualifying" height, you still need to be good in everything else. That's also why I think it's silly to save up for LL and spend all your money doing it. Then when you come out the other end you'll be taller and have nothing else. As long as your single though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to be taller, but you really do have to consider the cost in terms of time and energy.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 08:09:31 PM »

I must have been pretty lucky, because I've heard all of those things from quite a few girls, but I was still able to hook up with most of them. Hearing those comments still made me feel like crap for being short and self-loathing though. I suppose overall I had plenty of fun in my 20s without being tall so I don't feel like I needed LL in my 20s. In your 20s, you don't need to be tall if you just want to hook up with girls, you just need to be in shape and know how to talk to girls. Neither of those are limited by genetics. Plenty of 5'4" to 5'7" guys get lots of action in their 20s. Of course taller guys have it easier, but shorter guys can make up for it in other ways.

Height is necessary, but it's not the only thing necessary. Even after reaching a "qualifying" height, you still need to be good in everything else. That's also why I think it's silly to save up for LL and spend all your money doing it. Then when you come out the other end you'll be taller and have nothing else. As long as your single though, I guess it wouldn't hurt to be taller, but you really do have to consider the cost in terms of time and energy.

how the fk did you get 8cm though on tibias wihtout crippling?

Serilium

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 08:14:37 PM »

BelowTheMean's signature:

169cm -> 177cm

Sambollio

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 09:06:01 PM »

Ya this is a completely legitimate reason to get this done. It’s silly when people on this forum dismiss the idea of doing this surgery to attract women. Finding a mate is a step below food, water and shelter on the hierarchy of needs. Good luck!

Megatron

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 09:51:22 PM »

I feel like you should try to wear lifts and see if your luck changes with women. If it does then you're probably right that this procedure will make you happier but the worse thing you can do in my opinion is get this surgery and have a short coming with women somewhere else. Thats why i don't agree with anyone doing this procedure solely for women rejecting them. Rejection is a part of life everyone has to deal with. There isn't a surgery or a solution for everything. Sometimes you just have to learn to accept it. Worse thing you can do is put all these expectations on this procedure and not get the results you were hoping for.

Serilium

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 10:01:39 PM »

Anyone who saids they didn't do LL for women even a small %, is lying. We are humans. Wanting more attraction from the opposite gender is natural and i guaranteed to be at least one of the reasons you do LL. Even if minor part- it is still a reason.

Sambollio

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 10:23:34 PM »

Anyone who saids they didn't do LL for women even a small %, is lying. We are humans. Wanting more attraction from the opposite gender is natural and i guaranteed to be at least one of the reasons you do LL. Even if minor part- it is still a reason.

Ya I totally agree, I am doing LL for my “personal happiness” and a large part of that is feeling attractive, feeling desirable.

Sambollio

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2021, 10:31:25 PM »

I feel like you should try to wear lifts and see if your luck changes with women. If it does then you're probably right that this procedure will make you happier but the worse thing you can do in my opinion is get this surgery and have a short coming with women somewhere else. Thats why i don't agree with anyone doing this procedure solely for women rejecting them. Rejection is a part of life everyone has to deal with. There isn't a surgery or a solution for everything. Sometimes you just have to learn to accept it. Worse thing you can do is put all these expectations on this procedure and not get the results you were hoping for.

It’s unfair of you to presume that someone has a short coming somewhere else and solely based on that, you disapprove of anyone doing this for solely women. Everyone is going to have some issues with themselves besides height that might be an issue when it comes to finding a mate. But height can put you at a massive disadvantage, to the point where regardless of having or not having other flaws it doesn’t matter because you will be immediately written off.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2021, 02:00:15 AM »

No tibias for me, concerned about scarring with externals and internals are overpriced compared to femurs.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Dr3am3r

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2021, 03:39:51 AM »

I don't think he assumed that. By his wording he was saying only that it should be considered, and that lift were good for understanding better what to expect.

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2021, 05:00:23 AM »

Totally agree; well said.
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Megatron

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2021, 10:41:58 AM »

I don't think he assumed that. By his wording he was saying only that it should be considered, and that lift were good for understanding better what to expect.

Yeah exactly. Just think it would be devastating to put all these expectations and not getting a good enough return. Also if a woman rejects you cause of your height is that really the type of woman you want? Once you get taller what will she want next? Every case is different but just something to consider at least. Maybe I’m different cause I’m in my 30’s. Your priorities change. I have been discriminated too though by women on my height. It sucks but it is what it is. If you’re gonna get with a woman long term you should probably let her know you got this done tho tbh.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2021, 10:59:31 AM »

Yeah exactly. Just think it would be devastating to put all these expectations and not getting a good enough return. Also if a woman rejects you cause of your height is that really the type of woman you want?

Although I am one of the people who say do this for yourself to feel better within your own body etc. I gotta disagree with that though. The girl is not a bad person if she rejects a male for his height. Yes looks are not everything but they are an important fundamental that can ruin a lot in social interaction, unfortunately. You will not want a 200lbs girl either, no one does except you have a specific fetish. The same goes for height in males - it's pretty equivalent. The only tragic thing is changing height requires a devastating dangerous surgery that can get you end up in the wooden box while losing weight is infinitely easier (compared to LL).

BelowTheMean

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2021, 02:30:23 PM »

Yeah exactly. Just think it would be devastating to put all these expectations and not getting a good enough return. Also if a woman rejects you cause of your height is that really the type of woman you want? Once you get taller what will she want next? Every case is different but just something to consider at least. Maybe I’m different cause I’m in my 30’s. Your priorities change. I have been discriminated too though by women on my height. It sucks but it is what it is. If you’re gonna get with a woman long term you should probably let her know you got this done tho tbh.

Sure, if 10% of women reject you for your height then you can say they're too picky, but if 90% of them reject you for your height, then that's just the norm. Besides, rejection is not the only issue. Even the women that are okay hooking up with you will still make off-handed comments about your height and use it as leverage against you.

Also, I'm not telling anyone anything. If you're asinine enough to tell your SO then go right ahead lmao.

DutchGiant

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2021, 03:28:01 PM »

I partly agree with you, but few of us are tall enough where lifts make a meaningful difference. It is about +3-4 cm you realistically gain from lifts. Ofcourse if we're gonna drop 100k usd and years of recovery, we will be wearing lifts too! Hopefully the combined effort of surgery+lifts is enough to make a significant difference in life.

Though I agree, for someone who has a pleasant personality and a decent face the surgery will make most difference in their love life. They will be getting the last remaining disqualifier out of the way.

Serilium

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2021, 03:31:45 PM »

5'5 man = 300lb morbidly obese woman
Pages: [1]   Go Up