Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What accident gives the most similar conidition to LL?  (Read 647 times)

RealLostSoul

What accident gives the most similar conidition to LL?
« on: April 29, 2021, 01:30:10 PM »

I am wondering what the best excuse is to tell people why you are on crutches/limping around. I am definitely not going to tell everyone I see I did LL. Of course my parents and friends will know but I am not going to tell bystanders. I am thinking about my college mates especially. Unfortunately we are med students so they will be more detailed if I tell them. I am actually anticipating that if I tell them "I only fractured one femur" they will think "then why can't you 50% weightbear" or why I am limping with both legs.
So anyways what's in your guys opinion the best accident to have that gives off a similar medical condition to LL?

High speed car crash? Probably the best one but weird if it snaps both femurs right?
Rock climbing fall? Maybe but I am not sure if it really wouldn't just damage the tibia/fibula. (My mother had a bad accident while climbing/hiking decades ago and she only fractured both her fibuli)
Biking/motorcycle accident? Both would probably not fracture the legs rather than the shoulders/clavicula/arms.

So what do you guys think? The alternative is you just say you had to fix your bowlegs/xlegs etc but I didn't have that before soo...
idk.

AllinStryde

Re: What accident gives the most similar conidition to LL?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 03:09:29 PM »

Well, if you are med student...just tell everyone that you let the ortho residents practice on you, lol.  Ok, so no...really, all joking aside.  I had CLL done when I was 39.  Recovering sucks.  It takes way longer than what any doctor says.  I am a tad over 1.5 years post-op, and I STILL have bad days and the have not regained full strength and full ROM back, and I can forget about running still.  Then again, you're probably younger, and if gyms are open again, you'll have access to exercise equipment.  I simply told people that I had an ortho condition that needed to be corrected, that usually did the job.  However, if they still asked I told them it was just a slight bow-leg issue that had to be corrected or would cause issues later down the road if not taken care of.  Nobody has gone further than that, and if they did...just say "I prefer not to talk about it."  That's it.  Let me tell you what though, this procedure it tough beyond words, even WITH Stryde, it was tough as hell.  The absolute hardest thing I have ever done.  But once I had it done I said to myself, what is done is done, and now I must improve and get better.  Best of luck.  I am not you, but I'd probably wait until med school is done, but I don't know your situation.  Don't be a stranger dude and take care.   And just remember, once you think you have stretched enough, you haven't.  And go stretch some more, you'll thank me for that later.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 04:37:09 PM »

Well, if you are med student...just tell everyone that you let the ortho residents practice on you, lol.  Ok, so no...really, all joking aside.  I had CLL done when I was 39.  Recovering sucks.  It takes way longer than what any doctor says.  I am a tad over 1.5 years post-op, and I STILL have bad days and the have not regained full strength and full ROM back, and I can forget about running still.  Then again, you're probably younger, and if gyms are open again, you'll have access to exercise equipment.  I simply told people that I had an ortho condition that needed to be corrected, that usually did the job.  However, if they still asked I told them it was just a slight bow-leg issue that had to be corrected or would cause issues later down the road if not taken care of.  Nobody has gone further than that, and if they did...just say "I prefer not to talk about it."  That's it.  Let me tell you what though, this procedure it tough beyond words, even WITH Stryde, it was tough as hell.  The absolute hardest thing I have ever done.  But once I had it done I said to myself, what is done is done, and now I must improve and get better.  Best of luck.  I am not you, but I'd probably wait until med school is done, but I don't know your situation.  Don't be a stranger dude and take care.   And just remember, once you think you have stretched enough, you haven't.  And go stretch some more, you'll thank me for that later.

Haha if they'd take it with humour this might be good actually, just telling them I have had an xleg surgery and stuff but maybe if I appear more "depressed" bc of the crutches they will ask less.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience and still recovering but hold on there it will definitely get better. I see your point. Yea I am only 20 years old. I think bone regeneration is individual and not so much age related but overall recovery and soft tissue stuff is though. Anyways yea it will be hard , very hard I am aware of that. I am already stretching a lot haha thanks for the advices and well wishes! Unfortunately, due to my time windows I can only do it this summer or not for a very long time (probably (around 8 or 9 years which I can't hold on anymore).

I think telling them I had an orthepedic xleg correction/osteotomy because it would cause arthritis in the end is a good solution for bystanders. For family members its gonna be a bit tougher because they would have known that beforehands. But I guess i will just avoid them for some time (with family members I mean my aunts and cousins whom I cannot tell it).

Serilium

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 05:34:17 PM »

Anderson Silva + Chris Weidman (this one happened a few days ago haha, and what a coincidence his opponent 7 years ago was anderson silva)

LL is worse
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 06:35:45 PM by Serilium »

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 07:44:38 PM »

where did you get your LL done? Its cool that you got it done and I hope you re feeling better now and recovering.
You re right about the money issue. Most people dont have the money to get LL done when its needed most, namely when you are young. Thats the time where people mess around, enjoy life and bond up and eventually marry. The worst combination is being shorter than average and being small framed. you will be considered a child forever. no chance of getting laid as a child.
i do see it in one of my friends now. he cant find a woman and he is already severly depressed because he is completely lonely.
a man without a bond in this world is a very bad combination. He is working more than ever to compensate for the lack of any meaningful relationships in his life.

Going-For-Three

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 05:37:35 AM »

where did you get your LL done?
He went to Paley.

V21

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 08:20:08 AM »

Anderson Silva + Chris Weidman (this one happened a few days ago haha, and what a coincidence his opponent 7 years ago was anderson silva)

LL is worse
You can see the broken tibia and the rods here: https://www.mmaweekly.com/chris-weidman-shares-x-ray-of-broken-leg

Such a crazy coincidence, what were the chances? I cringed watching it live.

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 09:17:20 AM »

I remember seeing a guy in fixators in London many years ago because apparently he had a gruesome injury where a tractor ran over his legs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up