Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this mock-up look okay?  (Read 2173 times)

growthPlz

Re: Does this mock-up look okay?
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 07:16:45 PM »

I know that, but height neurosis is something I’ve dealt with for a very long time. I simply want 4 and 4. Thoughts?

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2021, 07:20:32 PM »

I know that, but height neurosis is something I’ve dealt with for a very long time. I simply want 4 and 4. Thoughts?

Respectable. But I would personally stay away from tibias. Especially since you could get 6-8 cm on femurs and will be fine
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

HeightGain

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 07:33:43 PM »

The 4 and 4 looks borderline ok. The others look bad

growthPlz

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2021, 02:54:12 AM »

So 4 and 4 is doable. Right? And that’s all I want really.

Highest

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2021, 04:14:42 AM »

What is your wingspan OP? It looks short so try to keep the lengthening conservative if you are concerned about proportions.

growthPlz

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 04:23:09 AM »

It’s 5’9 and I’m 5’9. I want 4 and 4 to put me at a little over 6 ft

DonBones

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2021, 06:26:08 AM »

It’s 5’9 and I’m 5’9. I want 4 and 4 to put me at a little over 6 ft

My goal is to get to 6’2. I am currently 5’10. Should I do a 5cm split? Thoughts?

Which one is it? :D
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

growthPlz

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2021, 02:20:53 PM »

It’s 5’9 and a half so I usually round up

growthPlz

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2021, 03:37:09 AM »

Final thoughts?

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2021, 10:51:20 AM »

Final thoughts?

I would personally max out the femur as much as possible because apparently it doesn’t skew your proportions as badly as people think + it’s cheaper + tibias are much higher risk with complications, arthritis + I thought the same as you but 6-8cm femur is a HUGE difference and u might not need more
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

Body Builder

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2021, 11:05:55 AM »

I would personally max out the femur as much as possible because apparently it doesn’t skew your proportions as badly as people think + it’s cheaper + tibias are much higher risk with complications, arthritis + I thought the same as you but 6-8cm femur is a HUGE difference and u might not need more
Doing 8cm on femurs at these initial proportions will look ugly af.
The best to do is nothing at almost 5.10. The second best is 5-6cm on tibias max and consider himself done.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2021, 12:10:41 PM »

Doing 8cm on femurs at these initial proportions will look ugly af.
The best to do is nothing at almost 5.10. The second best is 5-6cm on tibias max and consider himself done.

That’s your opinion but I’m sure he also suffers from height neurosis like we all do. Also, there’s a reason why most people go for femurs. It can be covered by clothes better, it’s an easier process, less expensive, less painful, less risk of complications, etc. 6 cm on tibias is very risky business. I’d say 4 max on tibias
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

growthPlz

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2021, 03:56:32 PM »

Thanks for the input, and I think I’ll go for 8cm. I’ll discuss with the surgeon as to whether it should be 4 and 4 or 8.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2021, 06:37:33 PM »

Thanks for the input, and I think I’ll go for 8cm. I’ll discuss with the surgeon as to whether it should be 4 and 4 or 8.

Who are you doing it with btw?
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

growthPlz

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2021, 08:20:28 PM »

Most likely waiting for stryde to come back and with debipershad, would consider betz as well

Body Builder

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2021, 10:56:56 PM »

That’s your opinion but I’m sure he also suffers from height neurosis like we all do. Also, there’s a reason why most people go for femurs. It can be covered by clothes better, it’s an easier process, less expensive, less painful, less risk of complications, etc. 6 cm on tibias is very risky business. I’d say 4 max on tibias
Since when femurs are less expensive, less painful and all these nonsense?
It is exactly the opposite from what you said, external tibias is the safest, cheapest and most painless method for LL. Period.
People only do internal femurs because they want something completely internal to maybe hide the surgery better or to feel more.comfortable puting clothes on, doing a shower and things like that.
But in reality internal femurs has no other benefit compared to fully external tibias.

Finally, 4cm on tibias to be safe is a joke.
6cm are safe for almost anyone, at least not less than 8cm on femurs.

So better not talk about how risky are external tibias and lengthening more than 4cm and all these things to an LL veteran like me because I know better for sure what is difficult, risky etc compared to someome that just reads about LL on forums.

growthPlz

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2021, 02:20:40 AM »

I’m sure 6cm tibias fully external is safe, but I also don’t want an abundance of scars, especially if on lower leg. I’d most likely go for 4-6cm internal femurs first, then if not satisfied, a year later I’d do tibias, 4-6cm.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2021, 12:48:40 PM »

Since when femurs are less expensive, less painful and all these nonsense?
It is exactly the opposite from what you said, external tibias is the safest, cheapest and most painless method for LL. Period.
People only do internal femurs because they want something completely internal to maybe hide the surgery better or to feel more.comfortable puting clothes on, doing a shower and things like that.
But in reality internal femurs has no other benefit compared to fully external tibias.

Finally, 4cm on tibias to be safe is a joke.
6cm are safe for almost anyone, at least not less than 8cm on femurs.

So better not talk about how risky are external tibias and lengthening more than 4cm and all these things to an LL veteran like me because I know better for sure what is difficult, risky etc compared to someome that just reads about LL on forums.

Chill out dude one comment from someone and u have a hissy fit Jesus. We’re on the same team remember?
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

Body Builder

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2021, 08:13:34 PM »

Chill out dude one comment from someone and u have a hissy fit Jesus. We’re on the same team remember?
Yes we are.
But please don't write inaccurate things like the ones I mentioned because some future LLers read our posts and may  have wromg conclusions about what is easier, safer, cheaper etc.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2021, 09:07:20 PM »

Yes we are.
But please don't write inaccurate things like the ones I mentioned because some future LLers read our posts and may  have wromg conclusions about what is easier, safer, cheaper etc.

But its not inaccurate brother. External Tibias is harder than internal femurs because of external not internal (so infection is more likely, tibia has less blood flow, you're not messing with the Achilles tendon, less complication rates, and you're lengthening two bones instead of just one. This is information that is all over the forum and YouTube. Internal Femur is a less difficult process read the diaries.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up