Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rod Removal  (Read 903 times)

AllinStryde

Rod Removal
« on: May 05, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »

Was wondering if you guys had any input into the rod removal topic.  It has been a bit over 1.5 years since I had CLL internal femurs done.  I still have a tad bit of knee stiffness in the mornings and going down stairs is still a bit slower but way more improved.  Bottom line, I was wondering, if anyone has had their rods out...does it feel any different?  I mean, I am almost at a point where I have nearly forgotten that I even have them in.  But I am wondering if once they pull them out, is that when you get feeling back to 100%.  I'd say I feel almost 90%, not athletically, but just in general.  Share your thoughts if you have them.  Thanks a million. 

Future Skycraper

Re: Rod Removal
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 04:29:31 PM »

UP

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 08:14:05 PM »

It makes a difference but not that much.

moretallpls

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 04:31:02 PM »

man can i ask you about your plan with dr donhoon ? PM? do you already have all the info, prices, allocation, etc ?

Future Skycraper

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 02:33:49 PM »

I plan to do tibia than 1 year later femur. I got a plan but not that detailed, cause I will do some year ahead. I got the prices with him via email, a bunch of of different prices. I plan to stay at a hotel with meal included and a gaming room, they have that in korea. But near the Lee hospital of course. I made some calculations and it would be around 100.000,00-150.000,00 each surgery, with food, pt, caretaker and hotel. I plan to be 6 month at korea each time. Staying 1 year in total.
The place his hospital is at, is really super nice, and the streets are beautiful. It will be a surgery but also like a exchange program using wheel chair :(

moretallpls

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 11:24:51 PM »

ey man, can you tell are there diferent options or only precice? 100-150 thousand us dollars? for both tibia and femur o for each surgery?

Ascending

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 10:33:11 AM »

It makes a difference but not that much.
I have to disagree - it made a big difference to me as per my post in http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66186.0:
"I really recommend having the nails removed as soon as it is safe.  The difference is amazing.  I sleep much better, I can sit for a long time and then get up and walk around immediately.  Walking is much easier etc.  In fact I can honestly say I feel like I did before the lengthening.  My flexibility has also improved, I found even a few days after the nails were removed that it was much easier to bend down and pick up something from the floor."

moretallpls

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 07:49:14 PM »

i would recomend take out the nails as soon as posible too

marathonrunner

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 10:14:30 AM »

Was wondering if you guys had any input into the rod removal topic.  It has been a bit over 1.5 years since I had CLL internal femurs done.  I still have a tad bit of knee stiffness in the mornings and going down stairs is still a bit slower but way more improved.  Bottom line, I was wondering, if anyone has had their rods out...does it feel any different?  I mean, I am almost at a point where I have nearly forgotten that I even have them in.  But I am wondering if once they pull them out, is that when you get feeling back to 100%.  I'd say I feel almost 90%, not athletically, but just in general.  Share your thoughts if you have them.  Thanks a million.

Agree with the rest, getting the nail out is not only safe (if you have stryde as they can rust, check my post for photos of my rusted nail) but I also felt better with the nail out. I've only had it out a few weeks but I feel more flexible than with the nails in, at least for me.

I felt like with the nails in my whole tibia was more stiff and harder to stretch the front of my feet upwards, now with the nails out the feet / lower tibia area feels much more flexible. But I don't know, I'm still in the early stages of recovering from nail removal.

Bagga

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 03:51:18 PM »

Hi

Glad u r ok.
I saw your diary on Dr. Sarjit Singh.
Any input on this doctor?

Rgds
Tom

moretallpls

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 09:02:16 PM »

man i dont get it, isnt 150k usd way more expensive than any other place ?? or is not usd ??

FormerKidd

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 05:20:50 AM »

Finally had mine taken out.  It was a surprisingly easy surgery compared to the initial ones.  Things definitely feel better afterwards, although the spots where they worked are very sensitive to the touch.

marathonrunner

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »

Hi

Glad u r ok.
I saw your diary on Dr. Sarjit Singh.
Any input on this doctor?

Rgds
Tom

Yes, my input is consider another surgeon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up