Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing  (Read 36254 times)

Activatedxx

Hello, I am starting this diary as I am scheduled may 13th 2021 for lon femurs. I arrived to Istanbul on the 5th, it was long layovers and flight with some turbulence but I made it!
Originally I wanted to do tibia externals and later on do precice/stryde for femurs however they were recalled and doctor buldu only does monorails I believe so the only option is for LON and I did not want to do lon tibias as the insertion point is from the knee vs hip for femurs. I am a 23 year old male from the USA, originally Middle East born. I contacted the Dr directly, not the advertising team. Turkey was really my 4-5th choice. At first I had scheduled tibia for Russia with kulesh/solomin however I could not get approved due to COVID-19 for a visa and they were not willing to help. They didn’t contact the ministry of health affairs to get me approved under that special circumstance. Then I  contacted parihar but same thing, could not get approved for a visa, parihar was willing to write the letter after I did a consultation but did not guarantee my consultation money (200$) back if it didn’t get approved and said it was a good chance it wouldn’t be and after seeing how bad the COVID situation was getting there even in the unlikely event I would get approved I didn’t think it was a good choice. Catagnis could not give me a date in the beginning of April because he said his hospital was limited for surgery because of covid, he messaged me a week before I arrived in turkey but I had to start lengthening the first half of may to be able to return to my business I had my employee take over while I am away and needed something set in stone so I had already went with dr.Buldu.

Eventually I settled for turkey 7.5cm-8cmLON Femurs, as it was still allowing tourists and had a very easy process. I had very mixed feelings about going with buldu but he was my only option for the time/schedule and opportunity I had to do this surgery so I ended up pulling the trigger, upon meeting with him it did relieve me a good amount, he seemed like a decent all around person. We did some tests and he said I was highly flexible, this is probably due to me doing wrestling and track in high school, and martial arts as I got a little older, then losing a lot of gains as I opened my business at 19 and have been working full time and have not hit the gym since. Some red flags went away definitely after meeting him, but not all. One of the things I was concerned about was some stuff didn’t really sound real in the forum, but I it was just my doubts. I’ll uploads screenshots of it but like for example
I brought 1/3 cash and planned on wiring the rest, when  they did my covid test a few days before the scheduled date, and upon paying with cash at the hospital to dr buldus assistant (very tall girl named busa) I asked for a receipt but they couldn’t provide me one, so buldu ended up saying “no problem, just pay the cash amount after the surgery”. This is something completely unheard of in America. I ended up just having my wife record me counting the money and handing it to his assistant. Also I used XE.com to transfer the money and it was getting delayed and he said since it was already sent it will be fine. That is crazy to me, as in the USA doctors demand firm payment upfront even if you sent it unless it’s cleared they will not operate. My XE transfer got approved may 12 the day before my surgery. It caused me some stress because I wasn’t sure if Dr. buldu was serious about saying that and if he would actually operate without the transfer cleared or not. However I didn’t want to send it before meeting him as i am a cautious person and  am not going to wire 18-19k usd ( 1/3 of my total savings) to a doctor in a foreign country I have never met.

After meeting with buldu the next day I met a heavyset 173cm patient who had surgery 8 days prior from Canada, and he really helped my nerves calm down a lot.

Once you schedule or pull the trigger it will make you rethink everything. I had nightmares once a while for the last couple months, almost every night I would think I am really doing this. Do I really need to pay all this money and go through all this suffering, just be happy with your height. However I did not change my mind about it. The day before the surgery is the worst mentally, knowing you’ll be put on anesthesia and have incision and osteotomy on your legs.

Honestly I was happy with a lot of things in my life and was blessed with a nice car, good looks, a wife beautiful inside/out however at 165-166cm my height just really bothered me. even at 173-174 you are considered on the shorter spectrum but you are not in the bottom 5th percentile, that is a height I could be comfortable at. I would be slightly short, not shorter than almost everyone I meet, and I would also be a few inches taller than my wife. Maybe down the road I would do 5-6cm tibias, but with 8cm lengthening, for me personally, it will take away 3/4 of my dysphoria. Height is just a number, a lot of the people on the forum

Are like anorexic that obsess about being a certain weight. It’s completely okay to be average, would I want to be 6ft? Yes! Can I be happy still at average height? Of course.
If I am average height whatever I lack for I make up with looks, style/clothing, driving an exotic car. I know this because before I was married I still managed to have genuine relationships with women that were very attractive at my height, I may have missed out on some or it might have been easier if I was taller but the point is, it was do-able while I was short ( I did wear 1.5 inch lifts to clarify ) and even with a couple women who were a few inches taller than me. As the saying goes man makes the clothes, clothes don’t make the man. You can still be an icon being short just like mayweather, el chapo, Napoleon, Tom hanks, Putin, Akon, Usher, the list goes on etc.

Tomorrow I will be going around noon to do some preoperative tests like xray, blood, etc. I paid 15k euros in total for the LoN package.

Here are Some tips/info

The people at the Hilton bomonti hotel and a couple other hotels treated us like royalty, they were so nice and friendly. People treat the foreigners very well here for the main part. I did not go out at night at all. Some parts look like a 2cnd work country but downtown and the main areas look very up to date although there aren’t parking lots and the infrastructure/buildings are different/built different.

People drive CRAZY here. I rented a car and wish I had got a taxi. Most of the cars are manual and I struggled a little because some of the city is very very steep and high hills. Mix that with traffic and it’s not a walk in the park.

the price goes up and down in usd. If I had done the surgery last year the price was .93 more or less for usd to euro. Now it is .82. The price for surgery was the same in euros but it raised in usd needed to get that amount of euro.  The week before I came it was .85. If I had payed a week before, I would have saved slightly over 3% or about 500$ US Dollars. Same thing with doctors like giotikas that use euros. The United States Dollars value is dropping against the euro so something that is any amount in euro is getting more expensive if you live in the US.

If going shopping, once people realize you are American in certain places they will swarm you, I had literally 8-10 salesmen follow me around in the grand bazaar trying to sell me fake designer stuff, even one of them said to the other “get lost this is my customer”.

Few days before I arrived the city went on full lockdown but a few places like jewelry or clothing were still open. When on lockdown or pharamacys or restaurants are open on limited hours. I used yemeksepati to get food delivered.

If you bring cash the exchange rates at the airport are pretty bad compared to other places.  You always get slightly less than the actual exchange rate, at atm or places that convert money.

I have piercings and tattoos and obviously don’t look Turkish so I kept getting stopped by police at checkpoints. Most of them were cool but one time I got stopped the guy said he smelled drugs in the car and ordered me out while he searched my rental with his group. The police here are pretty intimidating, they usually are a group of 3-4 with ak-47 or some other big gun. Usually one of them will speak English. It was definitely bias against me due to my tattoos and piercings. once he saw I had no drugs in the car he let me and my wife go but eyed us down aggressively as we left.

The food here is a lot different. It takes some getting used to, but it will have you going to the bathroom twice a day and sometimes 3 because it’s real food. The bread tasted weird as it doesn’t have sugar like America, which is actually good but it’s weird getting used to. A lot of stuff has less salt. I ordered a chocolate chip cookie from subway and it just had real cocoa chunks in it and not chocolate chips. It definitely takes a while to get used to the food.

If you’re having this procedure in another country it can feel very alienating and weird being in another country. It definitely did for me and my wife. I enjoyed some of it but I definitely miss being home a lot.

5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Serilium

Re: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 06:06:44 PM »

Activatedx, I been following you for a bit... you can afford precice right? Please reconsider! I suggest to don't try to save money, LON Femurs is torture! You still have a chance

Activatedxx

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 07:18:27 PM »

Activatedx, I been following you for a bit... you can afford precice right? Please reconsider! I suggest to don't try to save money, LON Femurs is torture! You still have a chance

I could but they are recalled and unavailable and this will be my only opportunity to have surgery this year as I took off for work and let my employee take over for the summer. I was trying to do external tibia instead but none of the doctors lined up with the opportunity I had to do this. Also it would be about/more than 1/2 my savings. They are monorails so they are a lot less bulky than ilizarov femurs, I wouldn’t even consider those

Serilium

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 08:14:57 PM »

I could but they are recalled and unavailable and this will be my only opportunity to have surgery this year as I took off for work and let my employee take over for the summer. I was trying to do external tibia instead but none of the doctors lined up with the opportunity I had to do this. Also it would be about/more than 1/2 my savings. They are monorails so they are a lot less bulky than ilizarov femurs, I wouldn’t even consider those

Shoot.. precice recalled too darn. May I suggest to consider LON tibia despite you wanting externals I know you don't want the ramming nail through knee and stuff but the truth, the incidence of knee pain really isn't all that high. I have tried to find a single diary of long term knee pain of LON here but I have yet to find one. The literature saids high % but that's not CLL, that's trauma victims so it aint comparable. Paley saids vast majority of his patients don't get knee pain, and I think if knee pain was really a much more legitimate factor there would be CAUTION SIGNS everywhere but I can't find a single LON diary or stryde/precice tibia where it saids the people are hurting 2 years after operation or permanent knee pain stuff like that. The knee is fine. Brother I am just trying to make you avoid the LON Femurs. It is potentially one of the most sick and sadistic ways to do LL and painful and I totally think you'll be amazing if you do LON tibia, then come back when Stryde 2.0 comes out and do femur and you can get to like 177cm+ :). Every diary of LON Femurs I read is just depressing and the pain and significant discomfort and no mobility from pins through major muscles is really immense. Just put your hand on your side of your thigh and kick your feet or extend and unextend. see how much darn the thigh muscles move. imagine a knife in there goddamn. every small movement is pain pain. I totally respect whatever choice you take, I am just trying to suggest. You have today to decide still and I really am pushing you to do tibia. Anyways good luck no matter what method you choose, I am being annoying here but I just don't want another brother going for LON Femurs and suffering unnecessarily. Jameshttp://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0 diary really showed the regret and agony and countless others and I pray the best outcome 4 u sir. Good luck Mr. Activatedx. In the end is totally Your choice so I am here just to make chatter for fun and suggest my opinion

Cheers
Serilium

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 11:01:34 PM »

Hey man, I am just chiming in to say good luck with everything. I am on. My flight now to Istanbul and my surgery will follow in a few days shortly.
I’m scared as   too. The preceding days I felt great about this decision and I was ready to do anything for my surgery, but now I’m quite scared.

Hang in there! Pm me if you’d like a compatriot over the next few weeks - I’ll be at BOF CEO suites with the rest of the buldu post-ops.

How’re are you feeling now? Is everything in place for the 13th?
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Activatedxx

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 03:41:00 AM »

Hey man, I am just chiming in to say good luck with everything. I am on. My flight now to Istanbul and my surgery will follow in a few days shortly.
I’m scared as   too. The preceding days I felt great about this decision and I was ready to do anything for my surgery, but now I’m quite scared.

Hang in there! Pm me if you’d like a compatriot over the next few weeks - I’ll be at BOF CEO suites with the rest of the buldu post-ops.

How’re are you feeling now? Is everything in place for the 13th?

Hello, I’m prepping to go to the hospital, nervous but I will update you whenever I can. I met a patient at the bof suites who had lon femur and was staying there with his dad. You should meet with him before your surgery

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 04:12:38 AM »

Rooting for you man. I take it your surgery is going to happen today?

LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Serilium

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 04:13:15 AM »

Hello, I’m prepping to go to the hospital, nervous but I will update you whenever I can.

Good luck man. You got this 💪

Activatedxx

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 04:30:33 AM »

Here are some pics from my first few days in Istanbul
https://imgur.com/gallery/8M0sshG
https://imgur.com/gallery/27HnB5O

I covered my face/tattoos

Activatedxx

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 04:31:18 AM »

Rooting for you man. I take it your surgery is going to happen today?

Yeah at 2pm, it’s 7:30 am in our time
Thanks for your support

Activatedxx

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 04:31:53 AM »

Good luck man. You got this 💪

Thank you for the support

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 07:03:03 AM »

Thank you for sharing journey

Shame P2/Styrde not available.

Dr Buldu processes many LON patients so surgery is likely to be fine.

Curious to know how post recovery lengthening goes.

All the best lads

Activatedxx

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 08:30:51 AM »

Will update you soon as I possibly can, I am almost at the hospital to do my pre op tests

I am late due to having to return my rental car back, buldus assistants picked me up from the airport

Want-3-inches

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »

You can't do all this with precice

Activatedxx

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2021, 08:56:30 AM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/h4jnR7I

This is a photo of the hospital lobby, very nice hospital

Activatedxx

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2021, 09:00:59 AM »

You can't do all this with precice

Are you the person in the video?

That is patient I met with

DonBones

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 10:25:57 AM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/h4jnR7I

This is a photo of the hospital lobby, very nice hospital

Nice indeed - good luck!
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

Activatedxx

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 10:45:33 AM »

Thank you

https://imgur.com/gallery/sUWD40Z
This is my room,  Nurses came and took blood samples, changed into a hospital gown. Waiting so far

Activatedxx

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2021, 02:39:06 AM »

Sorry for the late update guys. I went through surgery around 2 and woke up at 6:45 in pretty bad pain. Kept half sleeping on and off until 1-2am due to the pain and discomfort. I can understand now when another person that did cll said it feels like getting hit by a car. I was under the impression I would be under an epidural and anesthesia but I think it is just anesthesia I don’t feel anything around my lower back and my legs have feeling.
My right leg hurt way more than my left leg for some reason, but both hurt pretty bad. This is not an easy surgery, mentally it is terrifying
The whole day seems to take forever yesterday. It is mental torture to yourself. I kept cursing myself why am I doing this, I should have just been happy with my height. When they take you to the operation room and you have 7-8 doctors around you and you know your about to have your legs broken you mind screams for you to stop. Physically it was nowhere as bad mentally, and that is not to say it wasn’t bad physically, it’s bad pain physically but way more mentally for me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/tBSJPqm

This is a picture of my fixator ^
I woke up with a catheter inside and a little blood around my penis. The nurses would not let me eat until 11 but because they were giving me pain medicine I started throwing up liquid

Activatedxx

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2021, 02:42:22 AM »

To add, my lower back and legs were hurting so I kept trying to flip on my stomach but it was very painful. Eventually I did it and it was the only way I could fall asleep
When I woke up after anesthesia I was very cold and shivering

TallerVL

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 03:49:36 AM »

Hope you get better soon. I will go through the same process in 6 months too, reading your words really humbles me already. Did you get some painkillers? Good luck!

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2021, 05:49:15 AM »

Sounds ruff man  :(

Surgery is now complete!  :)

Activatedxx

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2021, 08:04:32 AM »

Yes I did, however they do not fully take the pain away. I can not find a comfortable spot to lay down and flipping on my stomach or back requires a lot of energy and some pain

Activatedxx

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 08:05:15 AM »

It is definitely
Thank you

Imgur is removing some of the photos I posted of the fixator, not sure why
I think because it showed my thigh, here’s one of the fixator only
https://imgur.com/gallery/4q7qGgj
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 10:52:10 AM by Activatedxx »

Activatedxx

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2021, 10:43:42 AM »

Another update guys. It’s been almost a full day since my surgery and about 80% of my pain has gone away. I feel much better. The first day was terrible, I am a lot better today with pain level maybe 2/3 out of ten when sitting still

Activatedxx

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2021, 12:50:16 PM »

Hi guys, doctor buldu and his assistant came today. They bent my knees, I can’t bend them fully but he said I did very good, then I walked about 30 steps with a walker. Walking doesn’t necessarily hurt, I just feel sore, the only part that is painful is getting up and laying back down
He said walking is very important for blood circulation, tomorrow I have my first physical therapy session and they will be taking my catheter out which I am not looking forward to

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2021, 01:14:31 PM »

Surgery went well?

Did you require any muscle realises around your thigh?

Sounds as if you are laying down for the majority of the hospital stay, possible to sit at a chair etc or to much right now?

Activatedxx

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 05:17:00 PM »

Surgery went well?

Did you require any muscle realises around your thigh?

Sounds as if you are laying down for the majority of the hospital stay, possible to sit at a chair etc or to much right now?

As far as I know surgery went well, what do you mean muscle realises?
I sat up with assistance and walked with a walker by myself, I can full weight bear without the walker but can’t really take steps without the walker. I do physical therapy tomorrow but for the most part I am lying down on my stomach or back. I could manage to sit up in a chair but would require effort and don’t have a reason to

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2021, 05:32:57 PM »

Ok, I meant a IT band release?

Activatedxx

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2021, 06:00:47 PM »

Ok, I meant a IT band release?

Yes he did IT band release

Bob

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2021, 08:08:57 PM »

Yes he did IT band release

Is IT band release always necessary in femur lengthening?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up