Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing  (Read 36232 times)

Activatedxx

Re: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2021, 10:52:05 PM »

Is IT band release always necessary in femur lengthening?

Depending on the amount, however I’ve read there aren’t any negative consequences really, ATL for tibia release has not but not the IT
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Activatedxx

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2021, 04:42:02 AM »

Quick update, the pain medicine they give me has been making dizzy/nauseous so this morning I asked them to stop giving me it, I am in some manageable pain since I am off of it now
I woke up with some moderate knee pain in my left knee, hoping it goes away on its own

onlywantafewcmmore

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2021, 10:46:30 AM »

Stay strong, youre doing something 99% of people would never dare, no pain no gain

Serilium

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »

^ no pain no gain. the suffering inevitable. it's temporarily. you come out on the other side... 3 inches taller... permanently.

Activatedxx

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2021, 11:27:41 AM »

Really appreciate the support
Today was a long day, the nurse gave me a painful shot in my right thigh near the break, not sure for what. I’ve got about two shots before those in my tricep that weren’t that painful.
About an hour ago they took out my catheter, it was a very bad feeling but not necessarily painful, just a super uncomfortable sensation for 1-2 seconds. After they took it out the doctors assistants changed my bandages and cleaned the wounds with antibacterial which stung a decent amount.
The physical therapist then came and did some exercises, they weren’t bad and were moderately easy to do with just minor pain/discomfort. Then I walked again. This time it was a lot more stiff since I am off pain meds. I stood up for a good two minutes without assistance which felt good, it’s a start. The assistants washed my face and upper body with damp towel. Now I am back in bed again

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2021, 04:43:12 PM »

Hey man, I saw your walking video a few hours after I work from anesthesia. That’s excellent man, really proud of you! I have no idea how I’m going to do it tomorrow but you gave me a ton of hope. You’re super strong, mentally and physically. Now you will have a body to match your strength!

LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Activatedxx

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2021, 05:07:45 PM »

Hey man, I saw your walking video a few hours after I work from anesthesia. That’s excellent man, really proud of you! I have no idea how I’m going to do it tomorrow but you gave me a ton of hope. You’re super strong, mentally and physically. Now you will have a body to match your strength!

Thanks my friend, the first day was pretty bad but the morning of the next day you should feel way better. It shouldn’t be difficult for you at all

Activatedxx

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2021, 08:37:37 AM »

Quick update, I had a pretty bad night yesterday, I woke up around two am and could not sleep. I was really uncomfortable. I haven’t showered in days, I feel the need to have a bowel movement but can’t, my legs ache, not painfully but very annoyingly, I haven’t brushed my teeth. I tried flip over slowly and twisted something the wrong way and it was very painful.
Eventually I succumbed and asked for pain medicine even though it makes me nauseous. First I had them let me brush in my bed with a water bottle, cup, and a toothbrush. I went to the bathroom and had the nurse sit me down on the toilet seat but it was pretty painful so I couldn’t. I ended up peeing in a urine bottle and standing up and putting my elbows on my walker and trying to go number two while standing up. This method would work but I am constipated from the anesthesia. Eventually I quit went back to my bed with the nurses help, I ate some leftover rice and bread and took the pain medicine and went to sleep around 4:30am. I had a good sleep but woke up pretty early around 10am. I had some help and used the walker to urinate in the restroom with a pee cup and tried again to go number 2 but it wouldn’t come all the way. My stomach does hurt a little bit but hopefully by today or tomorrow I can relieve my self. After I was done they had just started changing my sheets. I was standing in place for a good 7-8 minutes and started getting very tired and dizzy, I could barely walk back with the walker to my bed. About 30 min after that the doctor and his assistants came and I walked again with them, knee bending was very good they said, past 100 degrees when sitting up in chair position with legs hanging off the bed. They left and I should have PT in about an hour 

On another note, my abs are super sore. I have to use them for a lot of things I do now like sitting up, these past few days have been terrible mentally but I’m keeping my head up with the possibility I will be released tomorrow

Activatedxx

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2021, 01:54:49 PM »

Another update, today I was able to stand up for about 30 minutes while leaning on my walker/sink
I wash able to clean myself with shampoo/soap and clean my face body and armpits/privates, my wife helped with my back and legs only. I also trimmed my sideburns and cheeks. This improved time could be because I took pain medicine about 4 hours prior. It feels great to be cleanish again, I smelled like a farm animal

Here are some pictures of my knee bending
https://imgur.com/gallery/VoWkBiL

The hospital bed is a little high up but I can do a little more than that on a lower surface
Hopefully imgur doesn’t take them down, they have taken a lot of posts showing my fixator for some reason

I was able to get up without assistance and stand up to my walker by using the posts on the bed for support

I took a number two and it was amazing relief. It was literally amazing

I had to have help sit on the toilet, it hurt a little sitting down so I had to put my palm on the front of the toilet and take some of the weight off my thighs
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 02:24:11 PM by Activatedxx »

Activatedxx

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2021, 02:09:44 PM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/j2gRcw1
Can anyone tell me what degrees they think this is?
This is my knee bending maximum while laying down

If I do anymore it hurts/discomfort

Serilium

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2021, 04:27:50 PM »

Wow man I pray for u 🙏🏻

Serilium

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2021, 04:40:25 PM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/j2gRcw1
Can anyone tell me what degrees they think this is?
This is my knee bending maximum while laying down

If I do anymore it hurts/discomfort

very good. 100 - 110 degree

Activatedxx

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2021, 04:46:32 PM »

Thank you my friend

Activatedxx

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2021, 12:59:11 AM »

Another update, before I went to sleep one of the assistants visited me with a prescription and instructions for about 8-9 medicines when I get discharged. I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night, I was able to manage to get up and use a walker to my restroom. When I woke up I had bowel pain/irritation and this time I didn’t want to sit down on the toilet as I have alot  pain when getting off of it, so needless to say I to a dump standing up while leaning forward my upper body and placing my elbows on the walker. It worked out pretty well and landed where it needed except that it took me about 20 minutes to clean my behind. Sorry for the nasty details but I want to be transparent with my experience.
When I got up I had felt some stiffness and slight  pain but after walking and standing for a good amount of time it went away, most likely due to blood circulation.
I do not take the pain medicine often as it makes me dizzy. I stay away from it unless I cannot sleep due to nonpainful but annoying aches. I did not take any today however after I finished I had the nurse administer some so I can sleep now

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2021, 04:57:46 AM »

Glad to see you’re mobile and able to help yourself to the bathroom man. It’s day 2(?) for me and I’m wildly depressed at my situation and decision to do this stupid surgery. I hope this regret is temporary.

I have a question - how much does your wife assist you with mobility and exercises? I’m worried I’m not using my legs enough
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2021, 06:53:25 AM »

Another update, before I went to sleep one of the assistants visited me with a prescription and instructions for about 8-9 medicines when I get discharged. I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night, I was able to manage to get up and use a walker to my restroom. When I woke up I had bowel pain/irritation and this time I didn’t want to sit down on the toilet as I have alot  pain when getting off of it, so needless to say I to a dump standing up while leaning forward my upper body and placing my elbows on the walker. It worked out pretty well and landed where it needed except that it took me about 20 minutes to clean my behind. Sorry for the nasty details but I want to be transparent with my experience.
When I got up I had felt some stiffness and slight  pain but after walking and standing for a good amount of time it went away, most likely due to blood circulation.
I do not take the pain medicine often as it makes me dizzy. I stay away from it unless I cannot sleep due to nonpainful but annoying aches. I did not take any today however after I finished I had the nurse administer some so I can sleep now

The details are important. Thank you for sharing.

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2021, 07:02:14 AM »

Glad to see you’re mobile and able to help yourself to the bathroom man. It’s day 2(?) for me and I’m wildly depressed at my situation and decision to do this stupid surgery. I hope this regret is temporary.

I have a question - how much does your wife assist you with mobility and exercises? I’m worried I’m not using my legs enough

Should be temporary- the shock surgery
                              - Reaction to the meds
                              - laying down as a veg
                              - Boredom
Hopefully once you are discharged and amongst other LL you will be more at ease.

Best.

Activatedxx

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2021, 07:32:28 AM »

Trust me I was exactly the same, the days go by so slow. Ive only been here literally four days and I could swear it feels like I’ve been here for at least 2 weeks. It’s terrible but you’re halfway their and every day you will feel better. My wife doesn’t really help with exercises or anything except helping stand up and sit down the first few days. Today I actually got up and sat down myself.
When I woke up I had very irritated bowel. I only had my wife help me sit on the toilet, there bidets remind me of my house very helpful. Do not take any laxative or softener trust me, I’ve had 3 bowel movements in the past 24 hours soft stool. I was able to get off the toilet by myself without much pain which is huge improvement because yesterday I had 7-8/10 pain getting off even with my wife helping me. If your recovery isn’t great the first few days it shouldn’t matter after the first week you should still be making fine progress. It could just be an age thing, try to walk when you can because it helps blood circulation

I get discharged  today at 4pm, I was hoping to around 1-2pm but at least it’s today. Really happy about that. I’m only 4 days post op and recovering pretty quickly hopefully I won’t run into any obstacles god willing. It’s gonna take a lot of patience to finish this up.

My biggest complaint now is actually that every time I make a bowel movement it relieves me a lot but after laying down for a little I get some of that feeling again that I need to go. I went under an hour ago and now I feel the need to go again

I’m just counting down the hours till I can finally leave

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2021, 08:16:04 AM »

Trust me I was exactly the same...

I don’t know how I’m going to survive this man. Your wife was right, this is insanity. I thought it would be ok but once anesthesia wore off it was beyond my wildest nightmare.
But you survived, so hopefully I will too. Are you able to bend your knee on your own, or lift your leg? I don’t even know which muscle I need to control to do that. I’m worried that moving my leg will just bring back intense pain.

Congrats! It’s only 1-2 hours after your original plans, at least it’s not midnight 🙂 do you still think you will do 7.5cm?
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Activatedxx

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2021, 08:46:01 AM »

I don’t know how I’m going to survive this man. Your wife was right, this is insanity. I thought it would be ok but once anesthesia wore off it was beyond my wildest nightmare.
But you survived, so hopefully I will too. Are you able to bend your knee on your own, or lift your leg? I don’t even know which muscle I need to control to do that. I’m worried that moving my leg will just bring back intense pain.

Congrats! It’s only 1-2 hours after your original plans, at least it’s not midnight 🙂 do you still think you will do 7.5cm?

You really should have brought someone, it makes it so much easier mentally. I couldn’t imagine doing it without a spouse/family member. I’m able to do all those things, but it wasn’t easy the first 2-3 days. It gets better day by day. The guy just changed my bandages. He said he’s coming to your room next. I had another bowel movement, my 4th one since yesterday noon. I plan on doing that if my body allows me, hopefully. Keep in mind your legs are super swollen so you can’t use some muscles or to a certain degree. As the swelling wears off, my physical therapist said you regain some control of them. I’m praying for your recovery, I think you’ll be just fine after the first week

Update* I was able to walk some steps without the walker, however it looks like a penguin walk. But I guess it’s something

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2021, 09:22:53 AM »

Penguin walk! Hell yeah man, that’s awesome!! My pain wore off and I had the guys come and help me walk a little. I guess they just left your room. Bending my knee is not happening yet :( but I can walk a lot more comfortably than yesterday. A lot of knee pain if they don’t move my legs correctly. My legs are also stupendously swollen. Not sure what I did for that to happen.
Yeah I never knew how direly I needed somebody by my side throughout this event. I thought it was something i could sneak out and do discretely over a two months. No fking way. I needed everybody here.
Day by day you seem to be getting way healthier. I’m so happy to hear you’re doing well. This gave me a lot of hope. Only two more days of hell for me and hopefully I’ll be able to walk a little too.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Activatedxx

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2021, 09:29:42 AM »

Penguin walk! Hell yeah man, that’s awesome!! My pain wore off and I had the guys come and help me walk a little. I guess they just left your room. Bending my knee is not happening yet :( but I can walk a lot more comfortably than yesterday. A lot of knee pain if they don’t move my legs correctly. My legs are also stupendously swollen. Not sure what I did for that to happen.
Yeah I never knew how direly I needed somebody by my side throughout this event. I thought it was something i could sneak out and do discretely over a two months. No fking way. I needed everybody here.
Day by day you seem to be getting way healthier. I’m so happy to hear you’re doing well. This gave me a lot of hope. Only two more days of hell for me and hopefully I’ll be able to walk a little too.

That weird, everybody reacts different but I was able to bend my knee significantly shortly after waking up from surgery.  It did get better in the coming days, first week in s definitely hardest. Mentally it sets you up to be able to handle almost anything after that I think.

Edit* another freaking bowel movement, this is ridiculous
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 11:04:08 AM by Activatedxx »

Activatedxx

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2021, 11:06:11 AM »

https://imgur.com/gallery/WCeZuur

Here’s a walking video. I can walk faster but I’m focusing on form. My physical therapist told me to make sure every step you put your heel down first, so I don’t develop ballerina

Had my personal walker delivered to my room. Paid about 30 bucks and happy to call it mine because the nurses only give me that one when I need it

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2021, 11:31:07 AM »

Bend those knees a little more :) that’s awesome. I can only step forward tippy toe right now. It’s pretty hard but you make it look easy!
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Activatedxx

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2021, 12:40:31 PM »

Yeah when I walk I have to work on my posture and knee bending so I don’t develop a bad habit or a bad gait, my first times walking I was tippy toeing also, I hope after my swelling is gone my gait will be better

https://imgur.com/gallery/YblYihL
I am packing to leave, I made makeshift pants out of my old jeans , they are revealing of the sides of my thighs but cover my privates. I am genuinely smiling for the first time since coming in this hospital, because I am leaving. But I have a very long and uncertain way ahead of me.
Please pray for my recovery

Activatedxx

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2021, 04:30:34 PM »

Leaving the hospital felt like leaving jail. Mentally it was amazing just to see daylight. I was loaded in nice Mercedes van with a wheelchair. The wheelchair barely fit with the frames and I had to sit in an awkward position which caused small pain but i thugged it out. I was just happy to be leaving, the bumps on the trip also caused 2 or 3/10 pain, but I didn’t even care. When I got to the hotel it was decent. Not 5 stars as advertised but a solid 3.5. Again, I didn’t care. I plopped on the bed as carefully as I could. After drinking water only for a week, I cracked a Red Bull and it tasted like crack, and enjoyed the view outside my window. I had a long way ahead. I had only ate breakfast at the hospital and was very hungry I was no longer the hospitals responsibility to feed and take care of, will probably use food delivery app to get food now, will probably stay up all night from red Bull.I needed a wheelchair big enough to hold the fixator to be able to go out in public, the wheelchair the hotel let me borrow doesn’t fit my frames touch the wheel. I needed to go to pharmacy and get my pain meds and prescriptions, to be able to sleep because of the annoying non painful aches in my legs at night. I needed to get Turkish lira out of an atm as I used the amount I had. I needed pads for my wife that just started her time of the month. Not to mention everything is closing soon. I needed a ton of $ h 1 t that I probably won’t get until tomorrow. But I didn’t even care, I was just enjoying the moment. Truly we are ungrateful. This is a life altering experience for me. I don’t think I’ll ever be ungrateful again. I have a lot going on right now, but whatever it is it could be worse, I could still be in the hospital. It’s the little things that are so so precious

https://imgur.com/gallery/wgHncH2

Edit* my parade was shortlived in a way. I had to go to the restroom and the toilet was too close to the wall to allow my frames to sit and use the bidet. I ended up going standing up, which in turn splashed water on my legs from this toilet (different from hospital one which didn’t) and got my pants wet. I spent about 30 minutes cleaning myself. My legs are done for the day. I spent about 80% of my energy and time standing up on the restroom.

It’s really P* ing me off like crazy. I don’t know if it’s the medicine, or the hospital food, or anesthesia or what. Every time I go it’s barely solid. And takes forever to clean. But I’ve had 7 bowel movements in the last 31 hours. And I still have to go again. After I finished and layed down, I got that warm irritated feeling in my stomach. I’m still happy to be out the hospital, but besides the pain mental and physical, and being in the hospital  I think pooping is the next worse thing since I had my surgery

Serilium

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2021, 04:42:06 PM »

Quote from: Confucius
“A healthy man wants a thousand things, a sick man only wants one.”

Activatedxx

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »

Dude I can relate to this 1000% right now

Quick update, my wife was able to call a taxi and pay with my debit card to get her feminine stuff. However when she tried to get food it had locked due to fraud and sent a approve/deny text to my USA number which I don’t have. Eventually I was able to order papa Johns to the hotel and just have my wife pay the hotel clerk ten bucks and he paid the guy in lira for me. Felt great to eat after 12 hours of an empty stomach, but then 30 minutes later I have to use the restroom. My legs are done for the day. I don’t care if I soil the bed , I am not getting up they are overused plus I have not taken medicine for about 24 hours so I am definitely feeling them, any movement causes 3-5 out of 10 pain. I need to let them rest. Still haven’t got my meds. Trying to find a pharmacy that is 24 hours but I don’t think they will let my wife pick up meds for me. I physically cannot go without a wheelchair, I definitely taxed my legs today. Will try to go in morning. Definitely need some medicine to make me stop having to go restroom. It is my biggest complaint now

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2021, 04:23:25 AM »

Sweet, sweet freedom 🥳 congrats man
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Activatedxx

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2021, 09:44:47 AM »

Quick update

Last night I ended up having the dr assistant drop off the medicine, 9 different ones, but one was a very heavy narcotic and they wouldn’t give it with just a prescription, needed a doctors note. 3 out of the 8 were painkillers and 1 of them was vitamin D.
I got it around midnight, and it was GREAT. There was a downside at first, I have to inject a half inch needle into my stomach area everyday (same as insulin shot style) for first ten days but surprisingly it didn’t hurt at all. At first I was pissed because I was so happy to get discharged and not have different 3 ivs in my body. It’s a anticoagulant/bloodthinner. Then after everything was figured out I took this painkiller that made me feel like I was floating on clouds, it was awesome and I slept really good except my heels get really irritated when sleeping on my back because the dig into the bed and cause extreme discomfort after 1-2 hours. So I would wake up just for that but I still slept awesome. I woke up morning and had a bowel movement and after that I feel awesome. No more irritated bowel.

I still need a wheelchair that fits the frames, I’m gonna have my wife go get one for me in a taxi.

IMGUR keeps taking off like half my posts

https://imgur.com/gallery/GYbM6yH

Keeps saying this^

Tried showing my medicines and how I injected my stomach and my bruising behind my knees is all black. Had some random bruising in inner thigh left side only that isn’t anywhere near the incisions. Idk why. But imgur just keeps saying post violates blah blah blah.

Today is day 5, and I still have ALOT of difficulties and a long way to go, but today it seems things that took tremendous effort 1-2 days ago now only take moderate effort, which is great. Flipping over sometime would have 6-7/10 pain, now half that.  I’m actually planning on going out in public today for a couple hours in a taxi and having my wife wheel me around. I’m gonna try to find some super large sweatpants to cover the frames.
I still miss home, still not fully happy but I’m very grateful for today, the times going way faster, and it is way better than being in a hospital bed immobile and in pain for 100 hours.
You guys can’t understand it unless you’ve been through it. That’s the same time it takes to drive from New York to California and back to New York and back to California. It’s a really f ing long time.

My legs are still pretty swollen but going down. Yesterday it looks like they got gang bangd by bees. When laying down and lifting my knees up I feel a slightly painful soreness in the swollen area above my knee 2-3 inches.

All in all I’m really praying my recovery keeps getting better and better. I’m gonna try to wash myself now since I can’t take showers. It’s been a few days since I did it with wash clothes but surprisingly I smell good still.

I want to be transparent about all my experience but I might stop including things that take up to much text like “I had small pain getting up” and just post the main important stuff. Anything that doesn’t cause 5/10 pain or more I won’t include anymore. Just assume I have small pain that doesn’t matter too much and aches and soreness here and there

Activatedxx

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2021, 09:46:38 AM »

Sweet, sweet freedom 🥳 congrats man

You’ll have that too soon man, just another day is all that’s left

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up