Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing  (Read 36207 times)

Activatedxx

Re: LON Femur 7.5cm with halil buldu may 13th, 2021 God-Willing
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2021, 05:16:47 AM »

Hey guys, just dropping the xrays I took today
https://imgur.com/gallery/7lbrPVa
Not sure how accurate the measurement tool is but I am at 7cm mark +/-

I am extremely anxious to have these off, my quality of life feels like a mental crisis. My anxiety/depression is like a 8/10 constantly, I can’t even enjoy or think about any height gain because all I care about is getting these fixators off and trying to get back to normal and doing the things I love. We take the small things and blessings for granted so much, I would kill for just a hot bath and a good nights sleep on my side

I have some moderate ballerina foot, my hamstrings are very tight and I cannot extend my legs all the way, if I warm up it gets better and I can touch heels to the ground but my hamstrings need some work for sure, I am sure they got tight from wearing shoe lifts all these years, I will definitely need physio to correct this, lengthening is getting much harder at this mark. This last cm is going to be pretty tough, thankfully I have had zero nerve pain, which is really weird. Every couple days my right leg shin will fall asleep/turn numb for 30 min but besides that no nerve pain so far , may stop at 7.5 or may stop at 8

God willing I plan to do removal this coming week
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Bagga

« Reply #187 on: July 30, 2021, 05:12:42 AM »

Hi

I saw your XRAY - Left side the nail was touching the rod.
I guessed you were doing the correction on it.

May I know if this issue was due to LL operation fault or something else?
Did Dr. Buldu help to do the correction without any cost as mentioned?
Is this mistake done by him?

LEO

Growing

« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2021, 03:02:50 AM »

Do you have a heating pad. I heard heat draws blood too whatever area you have it at. Might help with healing.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2021, 11:15:35 AM »

I am extremely anxious to have these off, my quality of life feels like a mental crisis. My anxiety/depression is like a 8/10 constantly, I can’t even enjoy or think about any height gain because all I care about is getting these fixators off and trying to get back to normal and doing the things I love. We take the small things and blessings for granted so much, I would kill for just a hot bath and a good nights sleep on my side

I have some moderate ballerina foot, my hamstrings are very tight and I cannot extend my legs all the way, if I warm up it gets better and I can touch heels to the ground but my hamstrings need some work for sure, I am sure they got tight from wearing shoe lifts all these years, I will definitely need physio to correct this, lengthening is getting much harder at this mark. This last cm is going to be pretty tough, thankfully I have had zero nerve pain, which is really weird. Every couple days my right leg shin will fall asleep/turn numb for 30 min but besides that no nerve pain so far , may stop at 7.5 or may stop at 8

Hahah I laugh with you. My removal is in about a week as well. Fook I can’t wait  gonna sleep on my side and stomach for a month straight.
Meh.

BMW

• Visitor
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2021, 03:55:05 PM »

Congratulation brother, just my opinion you should concern about your callus growth, x-ray looking empty.

Activatedxx

« Reply #191 on: August 02, 2021, 12:13:21 AM »

Congratulation brother, just my opinion you should concern about your callus growth, x-ray looking empty.

That is because in turkey they use the contrast tool to detect callus. The ER just gave me an unedited version of my X-ray. When I use the contrast tool my callus is very noticeable

https://imgur.com/gallery/AqPQURk

Pretty decent bridges^

Now that I am pretty much done distracting the bone it should be more solid in future X-rays

Activatedxx

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2021, 11:47:21 PM »

Hahah I laugh with you. My removal is in about a week as well. Fook I can’t wait  gonna sleep on my side and stomach for a month straight.

Yeah man funny how something so small can drive you mentally fkd. Sleeping on my side is a necessity for me

Tubert

• Visitor
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2021, 02:13:53 PM »

Keep at it!  :D Wishing you the best!

Activatedxx

« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2021, 06:29:14 PM »

Keep at it!  :D Wishing you the best!

Thanks for the support !

Activatedxx

« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2021, 02:42:42 PM »

Quick update guys,
I am at the 8cm mark and have finished distracting
That last cm is definitely tough

Currently I am waiting to see if my insurance will cover removal here. If not I will have to fly back
To turkey. I should know in another week. It really sucks wasting this extra time with the frames, it’s terrible knowing I could have them off already but I have to wait.
If insurance covers however it will be much easier than me flying across the other side of the world and back.

Growing

« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2021, 08:42:57 PM »

Congratulations on 8 cm!!!! so happy for you bro. Its been a long road. Can you fell the difference when standing?

Activatedxx

« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2021, 10:47:24 PM »

Congratulations on 8 cm!!!! so happy for you bro. Its been a long road. Can you fell the difference when standing?

Yes for sure, a lot in the mirror when standing next to my wife for comparison, and my brother in law that is 5’9 it feels like we are eye level now whenever I talk to him

L8GrowthSpurt

« Reply #198 on: August 05, 2021, 02:06:28 AM »

Congrats!! A long rocky road for sure; hats off to you sir - nice work! 💪💪👍👍
CLL wannabe - waiting for Stryde return
171.5 cm (morning height)
171 cm (day height)
Wingspan: 179 cm
Goal height - 179 cm (femurs)

Activatedxx

« Reply #199 on: August 05, 2021, 06:08:41 AM »

Congrats!! A long rocky road for sure; hats off to you sir - nice work! 💪💪👍👍

I still really need to do removal, but thank you

moretallpls

« Reply #200 on: August 06, 2021, 06:10:25 PM »

finally you did it mate. eat well and try to move your legs and enjoy good sleep

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2021, 09:55:34 AM »

Man LON IS hard man. To anyone considering it. I won’t say more than that. Just brace yourself for the immense world of pain you’re going to be in. What I wouldn’t give to go back in time.
Meh.

Growing

« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2021, 11:18:59 AM »

Man LON IS hard man. To anyone considering it. I won’t say more than that. Just brace yourself for the immense world of pain you’re going to be in. What I wouldn’t give to go back in time.

Would you have went with PRECICE II if you could do it over again?

Activatedxx

« Reply #203 on: August 09, 2021, 12:47:44 AM »

Hey guys, I had my fixator removal about 5 hours ago.
I will complete a more detailed update later on, for now just to summarize, I flew to Istanbul Friday night. Sunday morning I got to the hospital around 11am. It was the longest day, my surgery was last so around 8:30pm they took me to the operating room. Actually around 5pm they took me and then sent me back because the nurses were stupid and took the wrong patient. Mentally it was extremely hard day for me today. When they took me by accident the first time I saw a Chinese girl waking up getting wheeled out shivering and constantly repeating words pain/cold. This would be me shortly I thought. She had precice installed as I saw one of the nurses had a silver color box that had precice written on the side.

To the more important part, removal is NO joke
It was very painful. They locked the nails on each side, two screws from the side and on from the front of thigh, about ten inches above the knee.
I was moaning in pain ripping my hair out. My left leg hurt bad 6.5/10 but my right was was terribly painful 8.5/10. It varies person to person but seriously the removal is no joke, I didn’t find out how difficult it was until a few weeks ago when other people told me about it. I screamed when they transferred me on the bed. It took them a while to administer painkillers, I couldn’t keep track of time my eyes were closed and I was constantly moaning in pain.

I feel better now, at rest. My right leg hurts significantly if I move it. I already feel a lot more comfortable with the fixators off, and some of my tightness has been relieved.

I can’t believe they are actually off, it felt like I was stuck with them. This experience felt like it was a year long, not slightly under 90 days

Activatedxx

« Reply #204 on: August 09, 2021, 05:19:01 AM »

Would you have went with PRECICE II if you could do it over again?

150% percent

*no painful removal surgery required
*100x more comfortable distraction
*no pinsite infections
*no risk of distal part of nail getting stuck like in my scenerio
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 05:50:42 AM by Activatedxx »

Stretch

• Considering LL
« Reply #205 on: August 09, 2021, 07:07:37 AM »

Must feel good to get your legs back!

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2021, 09:09:59 AM »

150% percent

*no painful removal surgery required
*100x more comfortable distraction
*no pinsite infections
*no risk of distal part of nail getting stuck like in my scenerio

300% + an additional 700%. Removal for me was Brutal ooof. But good  . Mad jealous of you tho, Phuck I need to be home 🏡 like yesterday. I am not traveling out the country for at least 3 years to recover from this sh8t lol. In 4-5 days you’ll feel about 90% better tho.
Meh.

Growing

« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2021, 05:06:43 PM »

Hey guys, I had my fixator removal about 5 hours ago.
I will complete a more detailed update later on, for now just to summarize, I flew to Istanbul Friday night. Sunday morning I got to the hospital around 11am. It was the longest day, my surgery was last so around 8:30pm they took me to the operating room. Actually around 5pm they took me and then sent me back because the nurses were stupid and took the wrong patient. Mentally it was extremely hard day for me today. When they took me by accident the first time I saw a Chinese girl waking up getting wheeled out shivering and constantly repeating words pain/cold. This would be me shortly I thought. She had precice installed as I saw one of the nurses had a silver color box that had precice written on the side.

To the more important part, removal is NO joke
It was very painful. They locked the nails on each side, two screws from the side and on from the front of thigh, about ten inches above the knee.
I was moaning in pain ripping my hair out. My left leg hurt bad 6.5/10 but my right was was terribly painful 8.5/10. It varies person to person but seriously the removal is no joke, I didn’t find out how difficult it was until a few weeks ago when other people told me about it. I screamed when they transferred me on the bed. It took them a while to administer painkillers, I couldn’t keep track of time my eyes were closed and I was constantly moaning in pain.

I feel better now, at rest. My right leg hurts significantly if I move it. I already feel a lot more comfortable with the fixators off, and some of my tightness has been relieved.

I can’t believe they are actually off, it felt like I was stuck with them. This experience felt like it was a year long, not slightly under 90 days

Any reason why they don't put you to sleep for this? Is that something that can be requested for removal. Seems barbaric to keep you awake for the removal if it's that painful.

Activatedxx

« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2021, 07:43:33 PM »

Any reason why they don't put you to sleep for this? Is that something that can be requested for removal. Seems barbaric to keep you awake for the removal if it's that painful.

It was under general anesthesia, I meant when I woke up I was in very high pain.

Since removal my left leg has got better, but my right leg is very painful with any little movement. I cannot move it, I’m letting it heal but I will be in bed for the next days most likely

It was a big mistake to schedule my flight the day after removal, the only way I made it was the painkillers from the hospital hadn’t completely wore off and I took some tramadol. But it was still extremely difficult to get to the airport and on the plane. During the flight the pain starting increasing, painkillers were not helping. Mid way through the flight I had a lot of pain. It was a very terrible day for me, but now I am back home with my wife, I just have very high pain in my right leg
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 08:18:23 PM by Activatedxx »

Growing

« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2021, 08:52:36 PM »

It was under general anesthesia, I meant when I woke up I was in very high pain.

Since removal my left leg has got better, but my right leg is very painful with any little movement. I cannot move it, I’m letting it heal but I will be in bed for the next days most likely

It was a big mistake to schedule my flight the day after removal, the only way I made it was the painkillers from the hospital hadn’t completely wore off and I took some tramadol. But it was still extremely difficult to get to the airport and on the plane. During the flight the pain starting increasing, painkillers were not helping. Mid way through the flight I had a lot of pain. It was a very terrible day for me, but now I am back home with my wife, I just have very high pain in my right leg

Why the rush to get back home? Do you think You'd have had a better outcome if you would have just stayed in turkey throughout the lengthening process? Flying on a plane from turkey to the US in a normal situation is brutal being such a long flight. So I know it had to be bad flying with frames and then being on a plane for such a long time.

Activatedxx

« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2021, 09:59:12 PM »

Why the rush to get back home? Do you think You'd have had a better outcome if you would have just stayed in turkey throughout the lengthening process? Flying on a plane from turkey to the US in a normal situation is brutal being such a long flight. So I know it had to be bad flying with frames and then being on a plane for such a long time.

It was discomfortable but it made no difference in outcome. The doctor made a mistake from day one. I had the correction to replace the nail before I even left Turkey at all, even now with the frames off I have to wait another month before it’s safe to weight bear, because of my left femur split

I was in a rush to get home because of mental health. It was brutal but it hurt much more mentally staying there. People downplay how much of a toll it takes, the pain and constant discomfort of not being able to move freely/sit or sleep comfortably for months takes a very heavy toll on your mental health

Activatedxx

« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2021, 10:06:22 PM »

Hi

I saw your XRAY - Left side the nail was touching the rod.
I guessed you were doing the correction on it.

May I know if this issue was due to LL operation fault or something else?
Did Dr. Buldu help to do the correction without any cost as mentioned?
Is this mistake done by him?

LEO

Buldu does the complication corrections at no cost. I didn’t pay for anything during correction, however it was from a mistake in the original surgery

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2021, 03:34:53 PM »

You’ll get better in the next couple day’s bro. My right leg was dead before but I can move it now. There is always one leg that carries way more pain than the other for me it was my right. My left leg currently feels like nothing ever happened.
Meh.

Growing

« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2021, 05:14:35 PM »

You’ll get better in the next couple day’s bro. My right leg was dead before but I can move it now. There is always one leg that carries way more pain than the other for me it was my right. My left leg currently feels like nothing ever happened.

Good to hear you're feeling a lot better bro

Activatedxx

« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2021, 06:12:18 PM »

Hey bro it’s been a few days and my right leg still has very high pain with movement. It’s like a tendon/sharp pain it knocks the breath out of me. Close to my IT band and by the screw lock sites. I have to use my hands to move my leg. It’s like completely limp. You think this is normal? My left leg feels fine

billsmafia

« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2021, 06:21:13 PM »

How is Muscat? He did LL too I’m told from website

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2021, 06:12:20 AM »

Hey bro it’s been a few days and my right leg still has very high pain with movement. It’s like a tendon/sharp pain it knocks the breath out of me. Close to my IT band and by the screw lock sites. I have to use my hands to move my leg. It’s like completely limp. You think this is normal? My left leg feels fine

Absolutely normal. I still have 3/10 pain on my top pinsites, and frankly they feel inflated. I believe it will take some decent time for that to heal properly. I currently can’t close my legs so as per the IT Band tightness, you have to remember for 2.5 months we kept stretching muscles, nerves, etc. so it’s gotta heal and that won’t happen within the first month IM0.

As of Monday I couldn’t move my legs in a sitting position but now I can. You’re still fresh from removal so you’ll go through Some strangeness for the next week or two as you slowly regain mobility. Also, make sure your wife or someone is helping you with stretching and some form of PT...that stuff is important.

Today officially marks 1 week since removal. 😩🤩
Meh.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13   Go Up