Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long do you have to be away from society if planning on doing this surgery?  (Read 975 times)

onlywantafewcmmore

Say I want to do the Stryde Method in Greece, Turkey or Germany. I have an office job, family and a few friends, and I really dont want anyone at all to find out. Could I for example stay in Greece for a month, tell people I was on vacation, and then come back and act like I just went there for the beaches and the food?

5ft8lurker

• Visitor

There's already so much information regarding this that's already been posted on the site. Go check the diaries. No need to make a new thread.

RealLostSoul

Yes most surgeons in the EU let you continue on lengthen at home.

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

if you re a software guy you can probably work from home. thats a big plus.  8)
home office means you can return in a couple weeks after surgery back home and keep lenghtening there.
you send some scans to the doc from time to time.
if you have to move muscle to make a living thats a big minus. recovery can be very long from LL. some people have knee pain years after LL. so think twice what you do with your life

BelowTheMean

I gave myself six months. That time is about to expire (have an event that I need to attend soon) but I don't think I'm ready yet. I'd give it 8-9 months just to be safe. If you recover sooner you can always meet people earlier.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

onlywantafewcmmore

I gave myself six months. That time is about to expire (have an event that I need to attend soon) but I don't think I'm ready yet. I'd give it 8-9 months just to be safe. If you recover sooner you can always meet people earlier.

Whats delaying your recovery, or whats delaying you most from going back to the "real world" right now? Is it pain, looks funky when you walk? And could I ask how many cm you did

MakeMeTallAF

You think 6 months would be enough to return to normal life if only doing 5 cm?

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

noone can give you a defnite number... it is different from case to case. LL is a major surgery

overandover

Normal life is a relative thing. If you do a desk job then you'll be sitting on a chair whole day and maybe take an uber in the morning and evening or drive. I think you can recover to do all this in 6 months maybe less with stryde.

MakeMeTallAF

I'm just curious what the timeline is to be able to walk and everything normally for someone doing Stryde femurs 5 cm. Like is it 2 months lengthening and 4 months consolidation?

onlywantafewcmmore

MakeMeTallAF is that your plan? Sound pretty similar to mine

MakeMeTallAF

Yeah I only want 5 cm, stryde femurs for best recovery.

It seems most people who do femurs tend to do 7-8 cm so there isn't much on the recovery timeline for 5 cm.

BelowTheMean

Whats delaying your recovery, or whats delaying you most from going back to the "real world" right now? Is it pain, looks funky when you walk? And could I ask how many cm you did

I live a normal life, I just can’t see any friends or family because there’s something obviously wrong with my walk and I don’t want that to be the first thing everyone sees when they look at me.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Limbfan2020

Most of people who did 5-6 cm with  Stryde Nail had an almost normal gait 4 months after surgery. Just tell your friends/relatives that you will do an internship in another city  ;)

onlywantafewcmmore

MakeMeTallAF, which surgeon are you going to?

onlywantafewcmmore

And Limbfan2020, is there a way for me to get in contact with these people?

Limbfan2020

BelowTheMean

Almost normal isn't normal. I have better gait than either of these videos and everyone I've talked to recently has noticed that I "have a limp".

Like it's good enough that people won't think something major happened, but it's not good enough that no one will ask about it.

onlywantafewcmmore

Thank you Limbfan2020, hoping stride nail comes back cheaper and better than ever lol. And great diary BelowTheMean, reading through it now
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 01:38:15 AM by onlywantafewcmmore »
Pages: [1]   Go Up