Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about length to wingspan  (Read 509 times)

TouchTheSkies

Question about length to wingspan
« on: May 14, 2021, 11:15:19 PM »

Right so I'm about the 180 cm mark for height and I'm planning on getting 7- 10 cm in height gain. I think my wingspan is a few cm longer (like 181 or 182cm). I just wanted to know about what wingspan to height difference would start to make you look noticeably disproportionate? E.g. I read 13cm would make you look quite disproportionate.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

Highest

Re: Question about length to wingspan
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 01:50:09 AM »

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2008/0901/p597.html

Measuring the arm span is also crucial in the evaluation of body proportions.12,13 The arm span is the distance between the tips of the left and right middle fingers when a child is standing against a flat wall with arms outstretched as far as possible, creating a 90 degree angle with the torso. In girls and boys, the arm span is shorter than height before puberty and greater than height after midpuberty. Arm span exceeds height by 5.3 cm (2.1 in) in the average adult man and by 1.2 cm (0.5 in) in the average adult woman.4 Scoliosis and related conditions can lead to shortened vertebral growth and an arm span disproportionate to height.

You are correct, having a negative 13cm wingspan as a man will look noticeably disproportionate.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 02:14:18 AM »

I wouldn't go past 3 inches but a way you could figure it out is when your distracting along the way when you get to 1 and 2 inches look in the mirror with clothes and without clothes and see whether your wingspan looks off

RealLostSoul

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 10:39:15 AM »

Wingspan doesn‘t matter as much as pure arm length, as the shoulder width adds to it. So measure from the acromion to the finger tip.
Pages: [1]   Go Up