Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I absolutely crazy for wanting to do LL surgery when im already 187cm tall?  (Read 2876 times)

onlywantafewcmmore

Yes, I do live in one of the tallest countries in the world. I would say about 25-30% of people in my age group are taller than me. So while I am above average, there are still constantly people taller than me around.

I was thinking of doing 4-5cm, and I am willing to suffer. There are not many things in this world I want more than those extra centimeters.

Worzezterlire

So you’re about 187cm in the Netherlands in your 20s?  If I’m even close, yeah that’s probably kinda reckless.

onlywantafewcmmore

Youre not far off, and I know it would be a huge undertaking for what many would considers a small reward. Its just that I dont know what else I want in life, and there is still a significant amount of people taller than me.

overandover

Youre not far off, and I know it would be a huge undertaking for what many would considers a small reward. Its just that I dont know what else I want in life, and there is still a significant amount of people taller than me.

It's not worth it if I'll not make a huge difference in your life. I'd recommend seeing a therapist before going for the surgery.

TouchTheSkies

Yes, I do live in one of the tallest countries in the world. I would say about 25-30% of people in my age group are taller than me. So while I am above average, there are still constantly people taller than me around.

I was thinking of doing 4-5cm, and I am willing to suffer. There are not many things in this world I want more than those extra centimeters.

I know it's all relative and dependant on where you live, but unless you want to be at least 193 cm, i would never justify getting this surgery. Youre already 6 foot 2 dude!!! I would kill to be that tall. It's tall in every country and is the best height. I think see a therapist first because if u only want like 4cm more when youre taller than 95% of men then its imo not worth the HUGE pricetag.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

onlywantafewcmmore

Price is not a factor, I have no money at the moment, but I can save for years, eat very cheap and cut down on my expenses greatly. I would even enjoy doing it because I know I would be working towards something. My main concern are the long term complications and having that awkward looking walk. I can suffer through the pain of recovery and burning all my money.

Worzezterlire

Price is not a factor, I have no money at the moment, but I can save for years, eat very cheap and cut down on my expenses greatly. I would even enjoy doing it because I know I would be working towards something. My main concern are the long term complications and having that awkward looking walk. I can suffer through the pain of recovery and burning all my money.

Going from short to average is hugely advantageous, and going from average to tall (like me) is like a luxury operation.  Going from tall to taller is taking an area of your life you’re already fine at and then trying to make it better instead of improving areas that matter more at your height (muscularity, facial attractiveness, personality, wealth, intelligence, hobbies... virtually everything).  I wouldn’t even recommend doing the surgery for a lot of height increase as opposed to a little bit, I would tell you to get a therapist.

overandover

Make up your own mind men don't ask strangers online to convenience you to do the surgery. Grow a pair and decide based on pros and cons which you can find on this forum.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm

Do not proceed with CLL what the hell is wrong with you

This is excruciatingly painful, difficult, and expensive. I’m hoping you’re not trolling us tbh
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Thorfinnn

Decide for yourself if this surgery is for you. It is a very serious surgery that requires a lot of time, money and effort and you should go through all the research and do what you can before resorting to surgery.

Iron_Man

I would advise you to read more patient diaries, get more information about this surgery and all its complexities.  After that, it will be easier for you to decide whether you need it or not. 
By the way, what is your wingspan, sitting height and inseam (if you measured)?

onlywantafewcmmore

I am not trolling, and I havent measured myself, plan on going to a surgeon just to talk and measure. But looking away from the numbers, would you guys be happy being shorter than 25-30% of guys in your age group?

overandover

I am not trolling, and I havent measured myself, plan on going to a surgeon just to talk and measure. But looking away from the numbers, would you guys be happy being shorter than 25-30% of guys in your age group?

You mean taller than 70-75% guys in your age group?

RB

Majority of us here would kill to be taller than 75% of our age group. I don’t think you realise what you have and how tough of a process LL is. It will be of less benefit in your situation but no one is stopping you if that’s what you want. We can only advise.
Femurs with Dr. Betz - March 2021
5'4" > 5'7.5"
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66296.0

Polvorón

If you are sure, go for it, it's about our body. You are the person that knows if this procedure will make you happier.
Get information about the procedure, the surgeon, the risk and how to avoid them... a good decision need good information.

Maybe you have a good stature, but that doesn't mean that you don't want a bit more. Every person has different feelings.

Have a good lengthening if you finally decide to do it.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

onlywantafewcmmore

Is there no one else in the same height range as me considering this surgery? Or have done it before?

Thorfinnn

I’ve seen people who are 5’11 or 6’0 wanting this surgery but I haven’t seen anyone that’s close to 6’2 that wants this surgery

spark

6'1(185.7) in Greece and heavily been on my mind the past few months. You're not alone.

Serilium

It doesn't even matter. If someone is that goddamn insecure regarding height at 6'3 then they probably have massive psychological issues that go beyond any simple height neurosis and likely is unstable to even hold down a minimum wage retail job without pooping their pants and definitely won't have any financial intuition to manage to save money to even afford this surgery anyways. Anyone who is  187cm and is on this forum is either a troll, or needs to see a cognitive behavioral therapy daily literally starting next week before you jeopardize the rest of your life living in a delusional lalaland and end up being institutionalized. I feel sorry for you people because you guys will not find happiness if you stay on this forum at the midget height of 6'3. Get the f**k off this forum before you actually internalized that 6'3 is a midget height.

Unknown

You are out of your mind for even considering this at more than 6 ft. Any more height isnt gonna change any perception of others at you. 187cm you are NOT short, not even close. You are in the top percentile of height and if you have neurosis being so tall you need a shrink.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 03:32:01 AM by Jason125 »

RB

People like this really make a mockery of this surgery that is designed to help people with genuine height neurosis. I refuse to believe you can have height neurosis at 6’3, how does that even happen? There has to be many other underlying psychological issues. Sorry if this appears rude but I’m sick and tired of the forum being flooded with people who are extremely tall and think this surgery is a quick way of getting a few cm. It really paints a negative picture of the procedure for people reading. Can you imagine how stupid you would feel if at 187cm you did this surgery and ran into a major complication when you could have been happy with your genuinely tall height and health? We don’t do this surgery because we think it would be cool to be taller, we risk our legs and health to help us get rid of a genuine neurosis. So in summary, save your health and do not do LL,
especially for 4-5cm at 6’3 like for fk sake.
5'4" > 5'7.5"

Thorfinnn

From what I’ve seen people who have “height neurosis” at a height like 6’3 is because they have people in their family taller then them.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member

Like an anorexic wondering if he's crazy for wanting gastric bypass surgery: Yes.

RB

From what I’ve seen people who have “height neurosis” at a height like 6’3 is because they have people in their family taller then them.

It also seems like they cant accept that there are still some people taller than them and they want to tower over everyone. That’s not a healthy or realistic way to live life as there will always be people taller.

Like an anorexic wondering if he's crazy for wanting gastric bypass surgery: Yes.

Lol ;D
5'4" > 5'7.5"

Iron_Man

I agree.  I once read on one forum the story of a 190+ guy who wants to get taller, because all his brothers and father are about 2 meters tall

Thorfinnn

It also seems like they cant accept that there are still some people taller than them and they want to tower over everyone. That’s not a healthy or realistic way to live life as there will always be people taller.

Lol ;D

Exactly there is always going to be someone taller. They are just not satisfied.

Thorfinnn

I agree.  I once read on one forum the story of a 190+ guy who wants to get taller, because all his brothers and father are about 2 meters tall

Yeah I see a lot of those, where they are one of the shortest in their family even though they are well over 6 foot. I think these people need to realize that your family isn’t the only people in the word and your taller than the majority of people. It’s not a contest to be the tallest and tower over everyone you see.

6CMFemurs

Thank you for explicitly saying what we are all thinking.

th

well you have no money so it's years away at best - get yourself in a good place physically and mentally - at 187 height really is not the issue... :)

Ascending

Thank you for explicitly saying what we are all thinking.
I agree, It's a bit like a woman with size DD boobs wanting to upgrade to GGs.  It's reckless and foolish.  There will always be some people taller than you but to be average height or over is an excellent place to be.

LLSouthAmerica

Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up