Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportional?  (Read 714 times)

• Visitor
Proportional?
« on: June 09, 2021, 01:21:04 PM »

Hello. I am currently considering LL and will most likely be doing so in the next 1-2 years.

Here are my current measurements (I did not know where to measure exactly for the tibia/femur, so the tibia measurement includes my feet as well. The femur measurement was up to my hipbone):

height: 169cm
wingspan: 175.3cm
tibia: 43.2cm
femur: 52cm
torso: 48.3cm
neck/head: 25.5cm

I'm looking to gain 13-15 cm, with 5-7cm in tibia and 8 cm in femur, resulting in:

height: 182-184cm
tibia: 50.2cm
femur: 60cm
neck/head: 25.4cm

Will the desired height increase look strange given my wingspan / torso size? Any information/criticisms are welcome. I am strictly looking for info on aesthetics, not the process itself.

Thank You.

TouchTheSkies

Re: Proportional?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 01:43:49 PM »

Hello. I am currently considering LL and will most likely be doing so in the next 1-2 years.

Here are my current measurements (I did not know where to measure exactly for the tibia/femur, so the tibia measurement includes my feet as well. The femur measurement was up to my hipbone):

height: 169cm
tibia: 43.2cm
femur: 52cm
neck/head: 25.5cm

I'm looking to gain 13-15 cm, with 5-7cm in tibia and 8 cm in femur, resulting in:

height: 182-184cm
tibia: 50.2cm
femur: 60cm
neck/head: 25.4cm

Will the desired height increase look strange given my wingspan / torso size? Any information/criticisms are welcome. I am strictly looking for info on aesthetics, not the process itself.

Thank You.

I’m not an expert on proportions but 184cm height with a 175cm wingspan is probably the upper end of normal looking but starting to get a bit weird looking. I probably wouldn’t notice it if I saw u. It all really depends on what your upper body is like. E.g. if u have long arms but narrow shoulders or vice versa. For me I have 180cm wingspan and am looking to get to about 186 187cm. It might suit you. Also your tibias are a good length
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 01:54:17 PM »

Thanks for getting back to me.

My chest is 42 cm from shoulder to shoulder, not sure if that gives any additional insight into proportions.

As for the tibias, do most people measure from the sole of their feet up or from their ankle? Because I started from the floor/sole of foot.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 02:48:20 PM »

Thanks for getting back to me.

My chest is 42 cm from shoulder to shoulder, not sure if that gives any additional insight into proportions.

As for the tibias, do most people measure from the sole of their feet up or from their ankle? Because I started from the floor/sole of foot.

Hey no problem dude. Watch on YouTube how to measure tibial length. Xrays are the most accurate of course. I’d say do some mock ups I still need to do some for myself but they’ll give you a rough idea of what you would look like. Especially useful if you’re lengthening above 10cm. There’s forums with info I think.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

Usernam3

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 12:04:34 PM »

The safe parameters for the tibia are 3.5 to 5cm. With 5 being the absolute max. Femur you can safely go to 7.5 to 8cm. So 13cm gain would be the max safe height gain, I wouldn't advise you to go any higher. 182cm and 175cm wingspan is far from proportional, your Ape Index would be 0.96. And would be noticeable, but it's no where freak-tier. If you were to ignore my advice and go for 15cm or more you'd come close to freak-tier proportions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up