Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs Or Tibia First  (Read 1564 times)

Gman23

Femurs Or Tibia First
« on: June 13, 2021, 12:48:56 AM »

Hey guys. I’ve been on this forum for 2/3 years now possibly. I have read many diaries and have planned most things.

My goal has always been to do 2 surgeries, well try to gain as much height as I can.
Being at 5ft1/2 is too short for a male. And even at 5ft4/5 I’ll still be considered short.

But at 5ft6/7 I’ll be considered average and at this height I’ll be the most comfortable at.

I’ve read few diaries of people doing 2 surgeries and it does seem possible and could work out just fine.

My plan is to do surgery on the Femurs first, using stryde or precise nail, any nail which is good at femurs. My goal is to gain 3inches/ 8cm on femurs. And since femurs can tolerate more lengthening then tibia I want to do femurs first.

I am not 100% sure that I’ll do a 2nd surgery on tibia after but if all goes well I’ll do another on tibia too.

For Tibia I was thinking of doing external, LON. Or any external nail which works good with tibia, as I’ve heard external are always better on tibia and a lot cheaper too.

2inches/6cm on tibia so a total gain of 5inches if I do 2 surgeries.

So My question to you guys is which part shall I lengthen first Femurs Or Tibia ?

Bearing in mind that I want to gain the most height I can, and possibility of doing another surgery isn’t certain.

I’m thinking femurs first, 8cm.

Any reply/feedback appreciated thank you !

Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Gman23

Re: Femurs Or Tibia First
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 12:53:22 AM »

Also do suggest me any 2 surgery diaries.

I’ve read Mecks diary and few others which I can’t remember. Thank you

overandover

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 01:33:43 AM »

Hey guys. I’ve been on this forum for 2/3 years now possibly. I have read many diaries and have planned most things.

My goal has always been to do 2 surgeries, well try to gain as much height as I can.
Being at 5ft1/2 is too short for a male. And even at 5ft4/5 I’ll still be considered short.

But at 5ft6/7 I’ll be considered average and at this height I’ll be the most comfortable at.

I’ve read few diaries of people doing 2 surgeries and it does seem possible and could work out just fine.

My plan is to do surgery on the Femurs first, using stryde or precise nail, any nail which is good at femurs. My goal is to gain 3inches/ 8cm on femurs. And since femurs can tolerate more lengthening then tibia I want to do femurs first.

I am not 100% sure that I’ll do a 2nd surgery on tibia after but if all goes well I’ll do another on tibia too.

For Tibia I was thinking of doing external, LON. Or any external nail which works good with tibia, as I’ve heard external are always better on tibia and a lot cheaper too.

So My question to you guys is which part shall I lengthen first Femurs Or Tibia ?

Bearing in mind that I want to gain the most height I can, and possibility of doing another surgery isn’t certain.

Stryde is not available so maybe tibia first and then once stryde is back femurs with stryde.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 02:58:09 AM »

I've met two double-LL patients personally while they were doing it.  One started with femurs, the other tibias.

It really dosen't make a difference in the end.

Gman23

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 12:30:46 PM »

I've met two double-LL patients personally while they were doing it.  One started with femurs, the other tibias.

It really dosen't make a difference in the end.

Awesome, do they have diaries on here.

Also do you know how it went for them, possibly?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 12:54:11 PM »

Two people at Buldu's care just finished femurs and are doing tibias next. Femurs LON is harder than tibia LON for sure.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Gman23

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 02:44:41 PM »

Two people at Buldu's care just finished femurs and are doing tibias next. Femurs LON is harder than tibia LON for sure.

Nice one, do they have any diaries on here?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 02:48:48 PM »

Not that I know of. There's a ton of people here, I'm surprised people aren't sharing their experiences.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

pickhead

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 03:13:42 PM »

Im quite sure you wont really do this surgery Gman. It's very scary

even well researched people who know everything back out last minute or just postpone it indefinitely

I dont think the gravity of this  has hit you from reading your posts. You're just seeking reasurance for a plan youve set in your mind.

You have to step outside and go and meet a real doc and make your plans real. And see some patients. Your perspective of this surgery should not be from this forum. See it IRL. honestly one consultation will not do enough. you will get more doubts and will need to get more answers and will do more. and then at one point, you will feel at peace deciding either way.

I know you feel since your starting height is quite less, you feel its a must for you to do 2 procedures and even out and reach a respectable number. but reality is not so simple. plan for one and then decide what comes next.

you have to gain more perspective.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 05:42:48 PM »

Yes a consultation with a surgeon irl where you get to ask all your questions would be good. I think a patient should truly understand what they are getting themselves into. I think at your height you would probably benefit more from getting 2 surgeries than 1. Maybe talk to other patients who had both femurs and tibias done.

Gman23

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 08:14:00 PM »

Im quite sure you wont really do this surgery Gman. It's very scary

even well researched people who know everything back out last minute or just postpone it indefinitely

I dont think the gravity of this  has hit you from reading your posts. You're just seeking reasurance for a plan youve set in your mind.

You have to step outside and go and meet a real doc and make your plans real. And see some patients. Your perspective of this surgery should not be from this forum. See it IRL. honestly one consultation will not do enough. you will get more doubts and will need to get more answers and will do more. and then at one point, you will feel at peace deciding either way.

I know you feel since your starting height is quite less, you feel its a must for you to do 2 procedures and even out and reach a respectable number. but reality is not so simple. plan for one and then decide what comes next.

you have to gain more perspective.

Don’t think you know me well.

I’m the type of person who’d chop someone’s legs of for calling me short.

And I’m the type of person who will do anything to get what I want, and if it’s money then there’s plenty of ways to get money ...

And risk wise, I don’t mind being crippled as long as I have my hands I’ll be cool

Gman23

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 08:17:26 PM »

Yes a consultation with a surgeon irl where you get to ask all your questions would be good. I think a patient should truly understand what they are getting themselves into. I think at your height you would probably benefit more from getting 2 surgeries than 1. Maybe talk to other patients who had both femurs and tibias done.

Exactly,

Pretty sure I’ll definitely do 1 surgery, not sure about a 2nd one but.

Most likely will do 2.

Yeah obviously I will do consultation with a surgeon, who doesn’t ?!?

Only a fool will do the surgery without a consultation with the surgeon...

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 08:36:20 PM »

Exactly,

Pretty sure I’ll definitely do 1 surgery, not sure about a 2nd one but.

Most likely will do 2.

Yeah obviously I will do consultation with a surgeon, who doesn’t ?!?

Only a fool will do the surgery without a consultation with the surgeon...

Dw bro I’m 19 too I’m just starting my research phase. Once I have the money then I’ll start taking it more seriously and start seeing many doctors. Until I have the money, I won’t do more than one consultation.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

Gman23

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 10:28:39 PM »

Dw bro I’m 19 too I’m just starting my research phase. Once I have the money then I’ll start taking it more seriously and start seeing many doctors. Until I have the money, I won’t do more than one consultation.

Totally agree. Good to have someone the same age on the forum. My goals to get the surgery done in 5-6 years possibly.

Will try quick money methods, YouTube, selling food etc.

Im a chef so I have some ideas about how I can make more money and faster.

Activatedxx

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 11:07:37 PM »

Externals/Lon on tibia is a lot less, you can gain more with precice on femur but you would have to pay 2-3x the price
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 04:02:34 AM »

Buy Gamestop stock. ;D

pickhead

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 12:54:00 PM »

you wanna do this in 5 years and you're asking where to do femurs first or tibias first? how does this info help you?

best to not be obsessed with this until you are ready. until then keep earning money. your mind might change then. this surgery is too difficult and scary. even if you have 3% doubt before you won't do it.

how can you say you don't mind being crippled lol. do you even know what that means? It will crush your career.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 03:02:32 PM »

Totally agree. Good to have someone the same age on the forum. My goals to get the surgery done in 5-6 years possibly.

Will try quick money methods, YouTube, selling food etc.

Bro go to uni and get a degree. I’m starting uni in September.. That’ll land you a good paying job. YouTube, selling food etc is so saturated do something that will guarantee money. Quick money methods like that are high risk I’ve tried it so many times and lost money.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

Gman23

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 10:54:49 PM »

you wanna do this in 5 years and you're asking where to do femurs first or tibias first? how does this info help you?

best to not be obsessed with this until you are ready. until then keep earning money. your mind might change then. this surgery is too difficult and scary. even if you have 3% doubt before you won't do it.

how can you say you don't mind being crippled lol. do you even know what that means? It will crush your career.

Read it again ...

I am asking wether to do the surgery on femurs or tibia first**^^^

As if you do femurs first you can lengthen more, as for tibia 6cm is the safe limit...

And yeah pretty sure I know how it feels to be crippled,

Just sitting on a wheel chair, you have your 2 hands to do what the fak you want...

And me being a chef, I don’t mind sitting at home and selling cakes what ever ...

Gman23

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2021, 10:59:27 PM »

Bro go to uni and get a degree. I’m starting uni in September.. That’ll land you a good paying job. YouTube, selling food etc is so saturated do something that will guarantee money. Quick money methods like that are high risk I’ve tried it so many times and lost money.

😂😂😂😂 you seem to not understand this generation were living in...

People like salt bae, and some dumb YouTubers make money posting about their shxt lives.

Cooking YouTube channels gets tons of views, everyone loves to eat...
And obviously if I start a business like food truck etc it’s easy money bro l.

Uni is only useful if you want to be a doctor, engineer, bla bla and it takes years to study and a good job is not guaranteed...

Believe me when I say going uni is useless... I know some people who went uni and are working in supermarkets, and I also know people who dropped out of college and are working in warehouses...

It’s all about the time and being smart with it.

Can’t be studying for 5-10 years just to end up paying uni loans

AimHigh

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2021, 11:43:54 PM »

I both agree and disagree - Google Aaron Clarey,  it is all about what you study at University and how hard you work.
I did my homework and decided to study a tough but most importantly in demand degree -  Electrical Engineering (not social sciences or "business") , I worked hard and graduated in top 5%. Now 30 years later I earn more than 2.5 times the average wage (well over six figures $US), I have flown all over the world for work sponsored Training/further education ( and pleasure) , my income continues to improve. As an Engineer I have been able to physically cope with my work even while recovering from LL surgeries, whilst others my age are unemployed or still working hard in low paying jobs.
Choose well !!
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2021, 03:04:32 AM »

😂😂😂😂 you seem to not understand this generation were living in...

People like salt bae, and some dumb YouTubers make money posting about their shxt lives.

Cooking YouTube channels gets tons of views, everyone loves to eat...
And obviously if I start a business like food truck etc it’s easy money bro l.

Uni is only useful if you want to be a doctor, engineer, bla bla and it takes years to study and a good job is not guaranteed...

Believe me when I say going uni is useless... I know some people who went uni and are working in supermarkets, and I also know people who dropped out of college and are working in warehouses...

It’s all about the time and being smart with it.

Can’t be studying for 5-10 years just to end up paying uni loans

The productivity has to come from somewhere.  A relative of mine was in charge of starting a new adult school in a rural area.  All the single moms there wanted cosmetology of course, but he refused to offer it because the town wouldn't benefit from a bunch of young women doing each other's hair and nails.  Same problem religious extremism is causing in the middle east: you can't have a functioning society of all Imams.

Not everyone can do food trucks and/or YouTube for a living.

Meme stocks on the other hand... 8)

GME chart looks to be forming a bullish cup and handle.

Gman23

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2021, 03:02:42 PM »

Hahahah

Love the feedback guys.

Good to read other peoples opinions about work/ life in general not just about LL surgery.

I respect everyone hustle, engineering, doctor, business man, comedian what ever it is.
As long as your happy and can provide for you family etc, your all good.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2021, 03:38:49 PM »

Hahahah

Love the feedback guys.

Good to read other peoples opinions about work/ life in general not just about LL surgery.

I respect everyone hustle, engineering, doctor, business man, comedian what ever it is.
As long as your happy and can provide for you family etc, your all good.

100% true. LL will relive me of height neurosis and make me happy for once.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

LeoGb

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2021, 05:57:15 PM »

Why don't you try to become a truck driver? if you calculate, you could recover your investment in 4-5 months if you have an operation for example with Dr. Buldu in Turkey, it is a very demanded and well paid job.

Elhemioe

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2021, 01:35:59 PM »

Listen here buddy, you won't feel anywhere near average at 5'6. I'm 5'8 and if anything I genuinely feel small. Almost every single guy at my 1000+ highschool was either taller than me or roughly my height, I've only seen like 4 guys that were smaller than I am. I also knew of quite a few women that were taller than me.

You're gonna go from small to, well, still small, while damaging your body tremendously. One surgery is already extremely traumatizing for your body, therefore 2 is pretty inconsiderate, especially if you're planning on lenghtening that much. The end result won't be anywhere near worth all the pain and side problems/risks.

This may be worth if you were able to get from small to tall but it's not the case.

Now if you really feel like you need the surgery, afterall it's your body, it'd be INSANELY safer to at most get 8cm/3 inches in the femurs so you can get to 5'4 in order to be as tall as the average woman.

Doing both tibias and femurs at such lengths will not only ruin your legs it'll also look completely uncanny due to proportions.

Think about it really.
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'

overandover

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2021, 02:06:43 PM »

Listen here buddy, you won't feel anywhere near average at 5'6. I'm 5'8 and if anything I genuinely feel small. Almost every single guy at my 1000+ highschool was either taller than me or roughly my height, I've only seen like 4 guys that were smaller than I am. I also knew of quite a few women that were taller than me.

You're gonna go from small to, well, still small, while damaging your body tremendously. One surgery is already extremely traumatizing for your body, therefore 2 is pretty inconsiderate, especially if you're planning on lenghtening that much. The end result won't be anywhere near worth all the pain and side problems/risks.

This may be worth if you were able to get from small to tall but it's not the case.

Now if you really feel like you need the surgery, afterall it's your body, it'd be INSANELY safer to at most get 8cm/3 inches in the femurs so you can get to 5'4 in order to be as tall as the average woman.

Doing both tibias and femurs at such lengths will not only ruin your legs it'll also look completely uncanny due to proportions.

Think about it really.

A lot of folks do and already did both femurs and tibia and they are doing fine. Upto 5 cm in tibia and 7 cm in femurs is completely safe. People suffering from dwarfism lengthen upto 1 foot and end up doing fine.  I am also planning for 5 inch in total (2 inch in tibia and 3 in femurs).

Elhemioe

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2021, 03:05:20 PM »

A lot of folks do and already did both femurs and tibia and they are doing fine. Upto 5 cm in tibia and 7 cm in femurs is completely safe. People suffering from dwarfism lengthen upto 1 foot and end up doing fine.  I am also planning for 5 inch in total (2 inch in tibia and 3 in femurs).

The thing is that depends on your definition of fine. I don't exactly call permanent knee/hip pain and limping fine
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'

eric.cartman

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2021, 03:44:30 PM »

I’d actually argue that 5 in the minimum on tibias you should go for, otherwise the pain, cost and everything else associated with the procedure is not worth it. I did 6cm with externals on Tibias and I’m okay so far.  my $0.02

overandover

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2021, 03:51:42 PM »

The thing is that depends on your definition of fine. I don't exactly call permanent knee/hip pain and limping fine

Permanent knee/hip pain can happen in single lengthening. It depends on your surgeon and luck. The most common cause of permanent knee pain is damage to the patellar tendon caused by the nailing of the tibia. Those who do external tibia don't suffer from any knee pain.

overandover

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2021, 04:07:10 PM »

I’d actually argue that 5 in the minimum on tibias you should go for, otherwise the pain, cost and everything else associated with the procedure is not worth it. I did 6cm with externals on Tibias and I’m okay so far.  my $0.02

Externals or LON?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up