Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: QUESTION ABOUT PROPORTIONS  (Read 1966 times)

senk

QUESTION ABOUT PROPORTIONS
« on: June 19, 2021, 04:14:32 PM »

Hello everyone, i've been reading and following this forum for quite a long time now, i'm 22 and my height is 170-168 cm, the plan is to do femurs and tibia with Monegal in the next 2 years. My goal is 7 cm total but i think it'll be better to do 4 or 4'5 cm femurs and 3 tibias in terms of proportions and biomechanics. Do you think its a good idea or its  unnecessary? Also my wingspan is 174-175cm so i dont think it will be so off with same heigh to wingspan or -1 at max

Worzezterlire

Re: QUESTION ABOUT PROPORTIONS
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 05:13:04 PM »

Both surgeries at same time or one after the other a year apart?  I think you might end up not doing two surgeries after the pain of the first if you do them a year apart.  The first one really wears you down.

177ish with a 174-175 wingspan is almost certainly fine.

senk

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 05:21:16 PM »

yes, my idea is to do between 4-5 cm femur with Monegal, i think he does 2 stage lengthening(1 leg and then the other), and 1 year later do bilateral tibia for 3 cm to even the proportions. I talked with dr Monegal and he told me that both operations are aroun 64 k

Thorfinnn

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 05:22:01 PM »

I would just do one surgery on femurs and get your desired height. Yes 177 with 174-175 wingspan will look fine

senk

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 05:32:52 PM »

Thank you for your answer, but my question is that by doing 7 cm  on just femurs theres going to be an obvious disproportion when i see myself nked right?(avoidable with clothes ofc), its just that i want my femur/tibia ratio to look proportional, ive seen so many photos of patient here that only did 5-6 cm femurs and its noticeable.

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 06:26:23 PM »

Thank you for your answer, but my question is that by doing 7 cm  on just femurs theres going to be an obvious disproportion when i see myself nked right?(avoidable with clothes ofc), its just that i want my femur/tibia ratio to look proportional, ive seen so many photos of patient here that only did 5-6 cm femurs and its noticeable.

Yeah 5-6cm is the cut off really if u don’t want a noticeable long femur. Some guy did 6.35cm and he looks fine
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

senk

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 07:01:45 PM »

Are mock ups a reliable way to see how i'll look after surgery? if so i will try to do one

Worzezterlire

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 09:08:16 PM »

I’ve seen 8cm femurs on people starting under 160cm in person.  They looked totally normal.  I don’t believe in “long femur disproportion” anymore after seeing them, and that’s the reason I’m lengthening my femurs the full 8cm.

senk

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 03:11:20 PM »

I think it's impossible to have a normal femur ratio for someone lengthening 8 cm being under 160, yo won't look look like a freak but definitely a noticeable disproportion

senk

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2021, 03:14:52 PM »

and what do you think about hand proportions after LL? I personally have smallish hands (18 cm )

Worzezterlire

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2021, 05:04:03 PM »

I think it's impossible to have a normal femur ratio for someone lengthening 8 cm being under 160, yo won't look look like a freak but definitely a noticeable disproportion

I saw someone who was under 160cm starting and they did 8cm in their femurs and they looked normal to me.  I saw weirder looking proportions on people in the airport to my surgeon than on this person.  I’m speaking from one data point which is way more than 95% of this forum, honestly.  Soon I’ll be speaking from 2 data points because I intend to lengthen that much in the femur as well.

It can look very normal.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2021, 07:15:35 PM »

8cm in femurs is definitely noticeable when you’re nked. But with even just boxers on, it’s very hard to tell. When you’re out in public no one is going to notice. I’m not sure how many people you’re planning to show your nked legs to, but honestly, you’re afraid of someone noticing that your proportions are off when you’re nked in front of them.. but I would be much more concerned about all the scars on your legs, especially if you do two segments!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

6CMFemurs

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 08:43:47 AM »

8cm in femurs is definitely noticeable when you’re nked. But with even just boxers on, it’s very hard to tell. When you’re out in public no one is going to notice. I’m not sure how many people you’re planning to show your nked legs to, but honestly, you’re afraid of someone noticing that your proportions are off when you’re nked in front of them.. but I would be much more concerned about all the scars on your legs, especially if you do two segments!

Dude, it is noticeable to you because you just did the surgery and you are not used to it. Trust me in a couple of years, it will look totally normal to you and you will feel as if you were born this way (I certainly do). Especially after you have slept with a bunch of women who see you nked and say nothing because noticeably long femurs are literally the last thing on their minds when they look at your body.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2021, 12:35:59 PM »

Dude, it is noticeable to you because you just did the surgery and you are not used to it. Trust me in a couple of years, it will look totally normal to you and you will feel as if you were born this way (I certainly do). Especially after you have slept with a bunch of women who see you nked and say nothing because noticeably long femurs are literally the last thing on their minds when they look at your body.
That's true, I'm much more concerned about the scars right now. They haven't faded much yet.
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Worzezterlire

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2021, 02:21:17 PM »

Reassuring to hear women you slept with didn’t notice.  I suspected they wouldn’t, but even though I feel I’m a rational person I sometimes worry.

That's true, I'm much more concerned about the scars right now. They haven't faded much yet.

Do you plan to do any sort of scar removal options if they don’t fade within, say, a year?  I’m hoping I’ll be lucky since I’ve never had any deep cuts form scars in my life, but the legs are also much less receptive to fast skin healing.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2021, 04:20:34 PM »

Do you plan to do any sort of scar removal options if they don’t fade within, say, a year?  I’m hoping I’ll be lucky since I’ve never had any deep cuts form scars in my life, but the legs are also much less receptive to fast skin healing.

Well it's not really important until after the nails are removed since removing the nails will reopen the scars. I'll see how the scars look by the time I get my nails removed and decide later. Unfortunately the two that are the most exposed are the darkest for me.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2021, 08:54:41 PM »

Well it's not really important until after the nails are removed since removing the nails will reopen the scars. I'll see how the scars look by the time I get my nails removed and decide later. Unfortunately the two that are the most exposed are the darkest for me.

My two darkest scars are from the IT band release closest to my knees, the other ones are pretty faded after 7 years. No hookup/short-term fling has ever asked me about them, but every long-term relationship I have since the surgery has eventually noticed all my scars from seeing me nked so often and asked about them.

senk

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2021, 12:17:15 AM »

I just had another question if anybody could answer pls, i just want to know if you think my proportions would look well with 7 cm, i'll post the link with URL below, do my arms look short or not? my wingspan is 174-175 cm and height 168-170 but i think  a part of that is because im broad shouldered, what do you think?

https://imgur.com/WM1fstT

senk

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2021, 12:19:55 AM »

its not the best pic to judge but i think its okayy

ilovescience

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2021, 12:34:57 AM »

Hi senk, your height isn't that short either. I am not very familiar with limb lenghening but I heard that once you have the surgery done on you then you can't do some sports, depending on how much height being added to you. If you are 168 to 170cm, that's just below the average but not short in Western world. If you plan to do the surgery, would you consider just adding 3 to 4 cm so you can still play the sports after? Just my advice though.

senk

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2021, 12:40:22 AM »

Hi senk, your height isn't that short either. I am not very familiar with limb lenghening but I heard that once you have the surgery done on you then you can't do some sports, depending on how much height being added to you. If you are 168 to 170cm, that's just below the average but not short in Western world. If you plan to do the surgery, would you consider just adding 3 to 4 cm so you can still play the sports after? Just my advice though.

Hii, and thank you for your responsee, its not like im suuper short but im at that height that it's enought that it bothers me and is like 7 or 8 cm below average, so noticeable and with tall people its more obvious. I said it before, my goal is not to be tall, just average or near it

ilovescience

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2021, 12:50:48 AM »

Hii, and thank you for your responsee, its not like im suuper short but im at that height that it's enought that it bothers me and is like 7 or 8 cm below average, so noticeable and with tall people its more obvious. I said it before, my goal is not to be tall, just average or near it

I think 171 to 172 cm is very near to the average height. You could easily reach that height by doing some stretching if I was not mistaken. I read that stretching helps relax your muscles therefore releasing the tension in your spinal cord. I found a video that claims that by doing it you could get an inch taller instantly. It was considered by a Japanese research. See the video:

I guess if you did it all the time your height would gain an inch taller for most part of the day, being 172 cm tall.    ;)

senk

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2021, 01:35:04 AM »

yeah, but i just want to be that height, and 171 is still kinda short, can anyone give me a opinion about my proportions and if i can pull 7 cm? im glad that i can do this operation in the furute but i have the proportion issue back in my mind...

AimHigh

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2021, 03:17:18 AM »

I am in Australia, at 171 cm I did feel quite short, now at 179 cm (femurs) I still feel a little short without 3 cm lifts - I am living in a predominantly white regional area.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

ppericc

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2021, 04:30:27 PM »

I think your tibias are on a longer side compared to your femur (comparing to myself, my femur/tibia ratio looks a little bigger) so I think you made a good decision to lengthen your femur more than your tibia.

senk

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »

I think your tibias are on a longer side compared to your femur (comparing to myself, my femur/tibia ratio looks a little bigger) so I think you made a good decision to lengthen your femur more than your tibia.
  Yes, thanks for your response, that's what i thought, my femurs are a little short compared to my tibias, do you think  arms are good for 6 cm increase on femurs?

https://imgur.com/WM1fstT
Pages: [1]   Go Up