Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?  (Read 8132 times)

SirStretchAlot

Re:[PRECISE NAIL] Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2021, 09:38:21 AM »

X-ray looks fine, and 6cm is a very reasonable goal. Be sure to take all your Calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin K2 supplements. Slowing down to 0.5mm is pretty good advice. Honestly, I wouldn't worry so much about your bones, especially with retractable precise. I'd worry much more about wide legs / duck ass that starts becoming apparent around 3-4cm.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

DreamsComeTrue

Re:[PRECISE NAIL] Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2021, 06:08:55 PM »

X-ray looks fine, and 6cm is a very reasonable goal. Be sure to take all your Calcium, Vitamin D and Vitamin K2 supplements. Slowing down to 0.5mm is pretty good advice. Honestly, I wouldn't worry so much about your bones, especially with retractable precise. I'd worry much more about wide legs / duck ass that starts becoming apparent around 3-4cm.

After I read your post and similar post here , they are very helpful and    positive. I realized that  I'm not eating well and not taking the much supplements as what should I do .

Vitamin K2 supplements I never take it ,  Plus V D and calcium I just started two weeks ago

I will be updating  you guys regards  of my case   

DreamsComeTrue

Re: Should I Stop at 4.5 cm due to poor bone healing ?
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2021, 06:42:56 PM »

Updating

Dr ask me to stop lengthen due to what he called   "sluggish bone regeneration" and start using walker and re do x-ray in a month

I have  uploaded  today x- ray  at 4.1 cm, I have on phone appointment with him tomorrow to discuss my case

Right Leg

https://ibb.co/jHTq5pm

Lef Leg
https://ibb.co/VwPfX8y

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2021, 03:32:38 PM »

Today my Doctor ask me to stop lengthening  for one month and start to wake with waker and re do x - ray in a month.

He was not clear with after one month , I'm NOT SURE if we cloud leave bone healing and then in a month resume lengthening ?

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2021, 07:15:55 PM »

go full bro. 10cm or life will never improve!  8)

Body Builder

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2021, 09:57:55 PM »

Today my Doctor ask me to stop lengthening  for one month and start to wake with waker and re do x - ray in a month.

He was not clear with after one month , I'm NOT SURE if we cloud leave bone healing and then in a month resume lengthening ?
1 month is a big amount of time but still with so poor bone healing I don't think it will cause you preconsolidation.
If the bone gap is much stronger than now after 1 month (as it should be) you could continue.lengthening but if the gap remains poor then you should stop.
I believe though  that you'll have a much stronger bone bridge in a month and you could continue lengthening.

Keep strong.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2021, 02:38:26 PM »

1 month is a big amount of time but still with so poor bone healing I don't think it will cause you preconsolidation.
If the bone gap is much stronger than now after 1 month (as it should be) you could continue.lengthening but if the gap remains poor then you should stop.
I believe though  that you'll have a much stronger bone bridge in a month and you could continue lengthening.

Keep strong.

Thank you man for such a helpful informations, this post - as some  other posts here - opens up a hope for me, make me  less stressful about my LL final result.  I will wait and I will be updating in a month.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2021, 05:19:17 PM »

This is why plans like: "1mm/day for 2 months = 6 cm means I can have surgery in June and then go back to school in August 6 cm taller!" aren't good plans.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2021, 03:37:17 PM »

another doctor, I send him my x rays for another opinion    he said
there is a malalignment for the left which should not be increased more than this if you lengthen more. which mean I should stop forever,  I will try to take one more  opinion to be sure about my case, coze my doctor he only told me this due to slow or poor bone healing and he never mention about  the malalignment !!

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2021, 07:10:48 PM »

coz he wanna make money :) he laugh at all people doing this surgery because he knows its mentally crazy people that ruin health for 5cm  8)

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2021, 09:17:39 PM »

there is a malalignment for the left which should not be increased more than this if you lengthen more. which mean I should stop forever,  I will try to take one more  opinion to be sure about my case, coze my doctor he only told me this due to slow or poor bone healing and he never mention about  the malalignment !!

Was gonna say that about your xray.  One of it is definitely crooked. Sorry man. LL is already Hard enough without all this run around a and talks of complications but it is a RISK you were aware of. Listen to your body first then Follow doctor orders because of anything goes wrong ONLY YOU will suffer through it not the doctor or any of us on this forum. 33 isn’t a old age at all.

I hope everything goes well for you. Consult another doctor and see what they say. Also ask your current doctor if they can reinstate the nail(I don’t know if that’s possible) but if it is I’d look into that.
Best of wishes.
Meh.

ryand2021

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2021, 10:29:06 PM »

I think you should listen to doctor and stop. You have already had 4.5cm. That's more than halfway of 8 possible cm. It doesn't make sense to risk your lifelong wellbeing for 1.5cm.

At Paley they may even ask you to shorten back to 3.5cm, as they are very risk averse.
LL: March 2021; Femur Precice 2 with Paley
Before: 170cm; After: 178cm.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2021, 10:31:32 PM »

Was gonna say that about your xray.  One of it is definitely crooked. Sorry man. LL is already Hard enough without all this run around a and talks of complications but it is a RISK you were aware of. Listen to your body first then Follow doctor orders because of anything goes wrong ONLY YOU will suffer through it not the doctor or any of us on this forum. 33 isn’t a old age at all.

I hope everything goes well for you. Consult another doctor and see what they say. Also ask your current doctor if they can reinstate the nail(I don’t know if that’s possible) but if it is I’d look into that.
Best of wishes.
so far I reach 4.2 before stop lengthening last week,  and I can stand and walk with a walker with no problem, of course, needs time to wake wall.  Today, My younger brother noticed that I got taller even if it was just  4.2 cm, which is a good sign.  My recent goal was to hit  5 cm at least . But for now, it does not worth the risk  agin just for 0.8mm.  Simply, I should accept the truth that my LL dost does not  achieve its goals ( 6 cm or more ).   

In case I did not length more, the only risk I'm taking  now is poor bone healing which will be solved with time.  I will wait to consult another doctor and see what he says, and I will be updating you.

I pay something like 60K for this surgery, and I waited many years to offer internal nails to avoid complications and ends up with a better result.

So far my advice that  LL  should be done only under top doctors in the world who only do and focus  LL.   I'm Not Mad at the money I spend as much the  malalignment in the left leg if the doctor notices this problem in the first place why he still not mention it ?? he just says that due to poor bone healing !!   I will wait and see and I will update you guys.

V21

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2021, 11:30:05 PM »

so far I reach 4.2 before stop lengthening last week,  and I can stand and walk with a walker with no problem, of course, needs time to wake wall.  Today, My younger brother noticed that I got taller even if it was just  4.2 cm, which is a good sign.  My recent goal was to hit  5 cm at least . But for now, it does not worth the risk  agin just for 0.8mm.  Simply, I should accept the truth that my LL dost does not  achieve its goals ( 6 cm or more ).   

In case I did not length more, the only risk I'm taking  now is poor bone healing which will be solved with time.  I will wait to consult another doctor and see what he says, and I will be updating you.

I pay something like 60K for this surgery, and I waited many years to offer internal nails to avoid complications and ends up with a better result.

So far my advice that  LL  should be done only under top doctors in the world who only do and focus  LL.   I'm Not Mad at the money I spend as much the  malalignment in the left leg if the doctor notices this problem in the first place why he still not mention it ?? he just says that due to poor bone healing !!   I will wait and see and I will update you guys.
60K is definetely not cheap. Who is your doctor?

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2021, 11:43:40 PM »

Damn man, sorry about your experience. Like others have suggested all you can do is move from there. Up your protein intake by A LOT. Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein is a good one. Start taking vitamins amongst other things. Up your physio but carefully. I pray you come out of this sound and safe.
Meh.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2021, 11:47:08 PM »

60K is definetely not cheap. Who is your doctor?

I had  my surgery  done  in Saudi Arabia, the arrangement  was done during corona where I could not go out , I did not know how much  the price of precise nail with Dr Paley  , any knows?

Personally,  I have no problem telling my Doctor  name , but its in Saudi it is  illegal to mentions any one name baldy via  Social media which called  "libel", and this is make a bit sense , coze I might laying or in companions  with the doctor or I'm not real his Patient.

my Doctor  consider as one of the best  Orthopedic surgeon and still I  think he is , but after I had  LL , the LL surgeon should  be only  doing    LL and focuses on it.
 This is not  an easy procedure guys , if your surgeon  is not top expert and well -known in the  field of LL  , its just  not worth the risk. my surgeon was trained under Paley as he told me ,    but if  you can go Dr Paley himself  why in the earth  go for to his  students??? and spend 60K NO matter what they think of themself???

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:45:40 AM by DreamsComeTrue »

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2021, 11:50:29 PM »

I did it in Saudi Arabia, the arrangement  was done during corona where I could not go out , I did not know how much  the price in with Dr Paley  with precise nail any knows?

Personally,  I have no problem telling my Doctor  name , but its in Saudi it is  illegal to mentions any one name baldy via  Social media which called  "libel", and this is make a bit sense , coze I might laying or in companions  with the doctor or I'm not real his Patient.

my Dr consider as one of the best  Orthopedic surgeon and I still I  think he dose, but after doing LL , the LL surgeon should  be only  do   LL and focuses on it, so.  This is not  an easy procedure guys , if your surgeon not top expert and well -known in the LL field  , its just  not worth the risk. my surgeon was trained under Paley as he told me ,    but if  you can go Dr Paley himself  why in the earth  go for to his  students??? and spend 60K NO matter what they think of themself???

Yeah. Saudi Arabia. India all those third world countries should always be avoided. Even Turkey was a huge risk for me but I read up on the man plus they’re quite active on YouTube and IG which gave me a bit of confidence.
Meh.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2021, 12:50:48 AM »

Yeah. Saudi Arabia. India all those third world countries should always be avoided. Even Turkey was a huge risk for me but I read up on the man plus they’re quite active on YouTube and IG which gave me a bit of confidence.

In Saudi, we consider India and Turkey  are sort of cheap and dangerous places  to have medical treatment in . In general,  Saudi healthcare are very  good, and hospital is very clean, service  like 5 starts hotel, I hadn't  any  problem with that , I like the hospital and service everything, so it is  not fair  to compare  Saudi  with India.

But, in terms of  LL , Yes goto top doctor  in    (1) USA, (2) Europe (3) South Korean where Doctor  are expert  .

Movie

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2021, 06:13:08 AM »

there's definitely obvious misalignment .. that could very well cause bad consolidation, the doctor made the osteotomy site way too high up in the femur  >:(
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2021, 06:12:39 PM »

Damn man, sorry about your experience. Like others have suggested all you can do is move from there. Up your protein intake by A LOT. Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein is a good one. Start taking vitamins amongst other things. Up your physio but carefully. I pray you come out of this sound and safe.
Thanx man, and thats what I'm doing right now

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2021, 06:15:21 PM »

there's definitely obvious misalignment .. that could very well cause bad consolidation, the doctor made the osteotomy site way too high up in the femur  >:(

The misalignment  coze of  bad doctor, nothing to do  with consolidation.
This happen when you goto third class doctor.

eric.cartman

« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2021, 07:57:03 PM »

Hey mate, sorry to hear. But for 60k you could have gone to a tier 1 doctor in Europe like Betz or Giotikas. It’s crazy that your Doctor is asking you to stop lengthening at 4.2cm; with precise you could easily do 7+cm. My advice is to go talk to another reputable doctor in Europe or US. Not even sure why you decided to go with a doctor in Saudi - he might be a top notch orthopedist but unless he has done enough LL cases, things will do down south quickly

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2021, 08:53:59 PM »

Hey mate, sorry to hear. But for 60k you could have gone to a tier 1 doctor in Europe like Betz or Giotikas. It’s crazy that your Doctor is asking you to stop lengthening at 4.2cm; with precise you could easily do 7+cm. My advice is to go talk to another reputable doctor in Europe or US. Not even sure why you decided to go with a doctor in Saudi - he might be a top notch orthopedist but unless he has done enough LL cases, things will do down south quickly

The reason why do I had it To Saudi, is simply because I'm in Saudi at the current time, and can't go out during Corona, the Doctor I had the  Surgery with has several Successful cases I know myself, and he considered a good doctor, and I thought if I did internal method it will be no complications, people or LLer in this forum are beautify the internal method and they claim if I 5 cm will be safe and that's simply not true even with 1 cm in case of  low experts surgeon. After, I had LL things change in my mind and I did understand why people wait and collect more money just to offer top Doctors, and that's worth it.   

Now My Opinion thats  The  good LL  Doctors are not those whom do  LL successfully, but those whom can deal with complications  successfully

I try to email  Dr. Paply but he repays "I do not get involved in recommendations on other surgeons patients.

Dror Paley, MD, FRCSC
Director"

IF you know any good Doctor who can offer me even Paid consulting, just help my guys and I will be thankful 

eric.cartman

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2021, 10:45:15 PM »

Now My Opinion thats  The  good LL  Doctors are not those whom do  LL successfully, but those whom can deal with complications  successfully

I try to email  Dr. Paply but he repays "I do not get involved in recommendations on other surgeons patients.

Dror Paley, MD, FRCSC
Director"

IF you know any good Doctor who can offer me even Paid consulting, just help my guys and I will be thankful

I’d also suggest you speak to Dr. Giotikas. I had positive experience with him and he knows his way around dealing with different types of complications related to LL.

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2021, 12:40:12 AM »

I’d also suggest you speak to Dr. Giotikas. I had positive experience with him and he knows his way around dealing with different types of complications related to LL.

Thanx

I just send email to Dr. Giotikas

Activatedxx

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2021, 05:23:57 AM »

Thanx

I just send email to Dr. Giotikas

Extremely sorry about your case, 60k is the same price as the usa and more than high qualified doctors like giotikas or parihar, it’s sad that doctor practiced on you with such medical negligence

I may be completely wrong, but I believe if you lengthen to 6cm they can take out the precice rods and change it with a weightbearing trauma nail to fix misalignment

Im not sure, If you read my diary I had the distal part of the nail stuck and it was pulling the nail down with the pins, it looked very crooked and after correction surgery it looked ok, this was about 9-10 days ago
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2021, 05:17:50 PM »

Extremely sorry about your case, 60k is the same price as the usa and more than high qualified doctors like giotikas or parihar, it’s sad that doctor practiced on you with such medical negligence

I may be completely wrong, but I believe if you lengthen to 6cm they can take out the precice rods and change it with a weightbearing trauma nail to fix misalignment

Im not sure, If you read my diary I had the distal part of the nail stuck and it was pulling the nail down with the pins, it looked very crooked and after correction surgery it looked ok, this was about 9-10 days ago

Today , I will have a phone call wit my current doctor, and for now, I can walk in waker which makes things better such as speed up the bone growth

However, if you have a direct access to your doctor still I'm looking for another opinion, so in case you  can help , please PM me.

I have one more complications  thats I feel that my left leg is a bit longer,  but my PT told me that  due to right pelvic tilt and this could be fix during exercise and nothing serious to worry about   ?

Movie

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2021, 06:14:56 PM »

Today , I will have a phone call wit my current doctor, and for now, I can walk in waker which makes things better such as speed up the bone growth

However, if you have a direct access to your doctor still I'm looking for another opinion, so in case you  can help , please PM me.

I have one more complications  thats I feel that my left leg is a bit longer,  but my PT told me that  due to right pelvic tilt and this could be fix during exercise and nothing serious to worry about   ?

You feel like one is longer , I assume you feel the straight leg is longer and the one that has misalignment is shorter?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2021, 08:09:17 PM »

You feel like one is longer , I assume you feel the straight leg is longer and the one that has misalignment is shorter?

https://ibb.co/qr08WJN

No, The leg that has misalignment is longer and as my therapist said , this is not an issue, and it's due to right pelvic tilt which can be fixed with exercises.
Today, I called my current doctor, and he told me there is no serious issue except poor bone healing, and in the best-case scenario, if the bone healed well we can continue lengthening, but due to my last x-ray, he is not optimistic about the best-case scenario.

I'm Still waiting for an expert opinion, and still emailing few top  doctors in the world 

DreamsComeTrue

« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2021, 06:46:33 PM »

UPDATE

here is my today X -RAY
after  2 weeks  from stop  lengthening, and I started  waking  with crutches  almost 10 days ago.   

https://ibb.co/1qjVj8x
https://ibb.co/PtX2hgH
https://ibb.co/L0T94SL
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:01:51 PM by DreamsComeTrue »

Activatedxx

« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2021, 01:08:06 AM »

UPDATE

here is my today X -RAY
after  2 weeks  from stop  lengthening, and I started  waking  with crutches  almost 10 days ago.   

https://ibb.co/1qjVj8x
https://ibb.co/PtX2hgH
https://ibb.co/L0T94SL
[/quote

Definitely looks better than old X-ray
Will you continue lengthening or stop
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up