Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pain after stop lengthening  (Read 718 times)

chibiasian

• Visitor
Pain after stop lengthening
« on: June 20, 2021, 09:24:54 PM »

I completed the lower leg LON lengthening  one month ago and removed the external fixator.
But the calf is still taut and I feel something like a tingling neuralgia.(24/7 I'm numb and sometimes it hurts strongly. However, it is lighter than the pain during extension)
My toes and ankles hurt
How long does it generally take for peripheral nerves to recover (pain disappears)?
I usually take 300-900mg of acetaminophen daily(I don't have tramadol or any other strong medicine right now)
Please let me know if you have any supplements or medicines to recover faster

I would like to talk to someone who has endured the pain after completing the extension at LLer.

I don't use English everyday. I'm sorry if the English is incomprehensible because of google translate.

chibiasian

• Visitor
Re: Pain after stop lengthening
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 09:33:08 PM »

I'm taking 4 types of supplements now
Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Bitamin D 
Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Bitamin B
Vitamins A, D, E
Arginine, citrulline
In addition to this, I heard that vitamin B12 is good for relieving numbness, so I'm wondering whether to order from Amazon.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 08:20:51 AM »

I completed the lower leg LON lengthening  one month ago and removed the external fixator.
But the calf is still taut and I feel something like a tingling neuralgia.(24/7 I'm numb and sometimes it hurts strongly. However, it is lighter than the pain during extension)
My toes and ankles hurt
How long does it generally take for peripheral nerves to recover (pain disappears)?
I usually take 300-900mg of acetaminophen daily(I don't have tramadol or any other strong medicine right now)
Please let me know if you have any supplements or medicines to recover faster

I would like to talk to someone who has endured the pain after completing the extension at LLer.

I don't use English everyday. I'm sorry if the English is incomprehensible because of google translate.

Sounds like you may have encountered some type of nerve damage.
How many CMs did you lengthen and have you had this conversations with your surgeon?
Meh.

chibiasian

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 06:57:00 PM »

The doctor told me that it's common
The lower leg bone was extended by 4.5 cm. The femur was extended by 5.5 cm and extended by a total of 10 cm.
https://imgur.com/a/F0sNNeV.jpg
I take 4 mg of vitamin B12 daily. You can see that the pain in the nerves of the legs gradually relieves.

Dark

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 07:04:59 PM »

I think you're a little confused my friend, no supplements are going to help you alleviate nerve pain (before/after surgery)
That comes down to your exercises, stretches, and especially physiotherophy.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 11:46:00 PM »

I think you're a little confused my friend, no supplements are going to help you alleviate nerve pain (before/after surgery)
That comes down to your exercises, stretches, and especially physiotherophy.

Pretty much this. With nerve pain you can only sit by as it runs it’s course. Friday 8:30pm last week I was in tears from my first nerve pain lol. I still have 2 (1/2) months to go. Yayyy
Meh.

Abbot

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 12:40:02 AM »

Can take 3-6 months for nerves to heal.  I would add Gabapentin for nerve pain.  You can take narcotic, ie, Oxycodone and Acetaminopen 1000mg for pain but yea, pain for months is common.
Pages: [1]   Go Up