Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Female  (Read 2260 times)

Camilleglv

• Visitor
Female
« on: June 21, 2021, 07:50:13 PM »

I’m 15 and 5’4, I’m also a female. I have height dysphoria since I was a child and because of it, I have been talking about it to my parents. The great news is that they are very supportive about the procedure. However, I’m not sure if I should go for the surgery.

5ft5

Re: Female
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 08:00:23 PM »

I’m 15 and 5’4, I’m also a female. I have height dysphoria since I was a child and because of it, I have been talking about it to my parents. The great news is that they are very supportive about the procedure. However, I’m not sure if I should go for the surgery.

Are you from the Netherlands/Sweden by any chance? In any other country, I don't really see 5'4 being short for a female. Surgery is a personal choice. As long as you know the risks vs benefits and have done ample consultations to clear your concerns, I don't see why not.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 08:06:30 PM »

Do all of the research you can on this surgery and over time acquire the funds. Also are you done growing?

Camilleglv

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 08:08:41 PM »

Not really.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 09:20:22 PM »

Not really.

Well hopefully you grow so you won’t have to get LL.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 09:29:53 PM »

Also, consider all the scars you'll get from LL. They're definitely not small, especially if you're not doing internals.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Camilleglv

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 09:53:39 PM »

I’m from South America and yeah, theoretically, I’m aware that 5’4 is not short for a woman. But I don’t think I’m self conscious about my own height, even though I’ve been doing therapy for a long while. Anyway, thank you so much!

Worzezterlire

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2021, 11:06:47 PM »

I’m from South America and yeah, theoretically, I’m aware that 5’4 is not short for a woman. But I don’t think I’m self conscious about my own height, even though I’ve been doing therapy for a long while. Anyway, thank you so much!

In South America you’re probably above average height for women already.  You’re at average for American women at the very least.  And you’re only 15 years old.  I would strongly consider if being 5’7 will greatly improve your life in some way.

I just am a bit confused why you want to do this.  Keep in mind you have no need to share, it’s  a personal decision.  But even if your parents are on board with it, which is amazing to hear… spend a little more time to consider it.  Maybe wait another year at least to consider it.  It’s an awfully difficult surgery.  This is not like breast implants where the pain is small and the gain is obvious.  This is a 6 month to 1 year commitment at the prime of your teenage years.  15 is awfully young.  You will miss a year of some of the best years of your life.  I would say the same thing to a short young man of the same age, let alone an average height woman like you.

I wish you the absolute best of the luck whatever direction you go.  If you wanted MY opinion, I would say to forget about this surgery; if you reach your 20s and feel like you’re still short, by all means jump right to it.  I think LL for anyone at age 15 who isn’t very short for their age (for boys in the west, maybe 5’2… for women, maybe under 4’11), is just a good way to miss out on important formative years at the expense of a few vanity inches.  But that’s just MY opinion.  Listen to your parents, your psychologist, and your support system.  I’m just a stranger on the internet.  As much as I hope to be a voice of reason, don’t let random people on the internet decide this surgery for you!

Best of luck with your decision.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2021, 11:22:52 PM »

Well said hobbitman, it’s up to you to make the decision and we are just here to give our opinions. Do what you want with the information presented, you can agree or disagree with us it doesn’t matter. In my opinion I would wait until your early twenties when your fully grown and in the right mindset to go through this difficult surgery.

overandover

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 02:30:02 AM »

You can still grow. Maybe wait till you are 18.

berezoni

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »

You can still grow more naturally . It depends on your growth plates and your hormones. Also research on how estrogen affects growth. My older daughter stopped growing at 22 years old and she is over 5'6. My younger daughter stopped growing at 11 and she is only 4'7. Yes, they have different fathers, but they also got their period at different times, and apparently (I wish I knew it sooner) period affects a girl's growth. Good luck to you.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 08:09:04 PM »

I believe that heightism can also negatively impact women lives as well. In my opinion, I think its better if a person is finish growing before doing limb lengthening surgery. I think that with some youths its possible to be on human grown hormones administered and monitored by a general practitioner.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 11:22:16 PM »

Not to be rude but at 15 you’re still a child. You definitely still have years of growing to do and shouldn’t be on this site just yet.
If your height bothers you stay active , slimmer you are, taller you look. Eat your vegetables, consume your proteins and sleep. Don’t smoke don’t drink and you’re guaranteed to be healthy now or whenever you should decide to get LL Further down the years
Meh.

Shortgirlwishes

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2021, 02:00:46 PM »

you can remove them with laser.

ilovescience

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2021, 02:57:35 PM »

A lot of people said girls stop growing taller after 14, which is true to some. However girls might still grow taller, not by much, after age 15. You probably will grow another inch before you turn 18.

After that, if you still wish to get taller, LL is one of the options. If you are willing to wait to try pain free options to get taller, wait and don't rush to LL. I believe in near future scientists may find alternatives to LL by which everyone can still grow taller at their older ages.

Elhemioe

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2021, 09:41:22 PM »

I wouldn't recommend it honestly.

You're not likely to grow more than you already have, as girls' growth plates fuse earlier than men's due to ealier rise in estrogen levels, but I genuinely don't think LL is viable in any sort of way for you.
I mean I get it, the incentive to be taller, that's what kinda makes me want to have it done too.
But girl, think about it.

You're gonna spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a procedure that's gonna be excruciating, and leave significant scars as well as reduce your mobility for your lifetime, just to get from average to... Tallish average.

As a 5'8 girl I can tell you I'm not really considered as tall whatsoever. Women only start being noticeably tall at 5'9/5'10

So yeah going from 5'4 will only get you from average to average. No point at all really.
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'

a

• 5'9
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 10:15:58 PM »

Wrong t hread
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Charizard

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2021, 02:21:56 PM »

You are too young for this surgery because you still have time to grow. In the other hand of course i feel what you feel. Be patient and wait for couple years at least so maybe you may grow couple inches   :-\
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

Waiting4stryde2.0

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 04:47:48 PM »

Sort of echoing what others have said, but I'd wait until you're 18-25 ish before actually considering. In the meantime, you can go to a dr about hgh injections so long as your growth plates haven't fused.  This could yield you 1-3 inches depending and as I've seen on here multiple times, this can be enough to cure some peoples height neurosis

Polvorón

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 11:42:06 PM »

You are too young, but if you still feel short in the future, you can consider it.
If you have a good job, you will be able to pay a better doctor.
I wish you good luck, even if you get the surgery or not.  :)
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

tripleogkush

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2021, 12:05:00 AM »

5'4 is too short noone will date a 5'4 midget lol

Waiting4stryde2.0

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2021, 10:31:05 PM »

Why call someone a midget on a forum where everyone is facing difficulties about their height? Cmon man. + she's a woman and many men like short women so GTFO

Exxon

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2021, 02:47:43 AM »

Why call someone a midget on a forum where everyone is facing difficulties about their height? Cmon man. + she's a woman and many men like short women so GTFO

It's sarcasm, the point being is that 5'4 isn't short for an adult woman but rather average.

Megatron

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »

I think you should get it. If you believe your height dysphoria wont go away why waste time. Do your research know what you'll be up against and do it. You will have the best chance to recover at a younger age, you got your parents support so in my opinion you're set up to succeed and hopefully will be happy like many other patients on here who documented that this was life changing for them and dont regret it at all. Just make sure if you go through with it you choose a reliable doctor. That'll probably be the most important factor in all this.

ilovescience

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2021, 01:35:37 PM »

I think you should get it. If you believe your height dysphoria wont go away why waste time. Do your research know what you'll be up against and do it. You will have the best chance to recover at a younger age, you got your parents support so in my opinion you're set up to succeed and hopefully will be happy like many other patients on here who documented that this was life changing for them and dont regret it at all. Just make sure if you go through with it you choose a reliable doctor. That'll probably be the most important factor in all this.

I understood your point. However, the op is only 15 years old. If I were the op and finally decided to do it, probably the better I wait for another two decades when this surgery becomes super safe and zero pain. That's a better approach right?

LU213

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2021, 07:07:00 PM »

HGH shots cost more than this surgery and no reputable doctor will prescribe HGH  for a 5'4 girl. The cost of HGH is about $52K an inch.  A doctor can check to see if her growth plates are open. Most women are done by 15 but not all.  The average LL doctor would not do it if her plates were open.  Many 5'9" men are doing this which is almost the equivalent of  a 5'4" woman.  So if you feel the same at 18 and your parents support it, it is your decision and I understand your desire to be taller. Though this is not easy, I feel it is totally worth it.

ilovescience

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2021, 07:40:43 PM »

HGH shots cost more than this surgery and no reputable doctor will prescribe HGH  for a 5'4 girl. The cost of HGH is about $52K an inch.  A doctor can check to see if her growth plates are open. Most women are done by 15 but not all.  The average LL doctor would not do it if her plates were open.  Many 5'9" men are doing this which is almost the equivalent of  a 5'4" woman.  So if you feel the same at 18 and your parents support it, it is your decision and I understand your desire to be taller. Though this is not easy, I feel it is totally worth it.

HGH shots are more money, but less painful right?

zaozari

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2021, 05:47:18 PM »

This is a forum for positive contributions and support  not insulting and hurting people. You are at the same time insulting the person and all those who suffer from dwarfism. It's not acceptable, even if you are a bitter, sad person today.

ask.me

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2021, 08:01:46 PM »

If I were you, I would talk to a doctor to figure out if you've really stopped growing and whether there are any alternatives you could consider. At your age, you may still be able to stimulate growth in less invasive ways.

Let's say you have no alternatives, no one can or should tell you whether you should go for this surgery. Do not let someone else decide for you whether you should get this surgery. They won't have to live with the decisions they make for you, especially not people on the internet, you will. It's something you should figure out for yourself, at least, that's what I'd say to an adult. But the fact that you're still in your teenage years compounds the problem because teenagers have so many self image issues that I'm not sure if I would trust you to make the right decision for yourself long term. It's like asking us hey I'm 15, C cup, female, should I get a boob job. Our knee jerk reaction is going to be a resounding NO. At least get out there in the real world, pursue your passions, make better friends before considering making any life altering decisions. At 15, there's an infinite number of ways to make your life better. If you're struggling and you're convinced it's because of your height, then come back to the issue.

Give us a background story so we can offer better, more objective advice. Why do you want to be taller? What are your long term goal? What else have you tried? What's your hesitation with LL? Are you worried about the risks, the costs, the scars? Are you worried that height may actually not be your problem and growing a few inches isn't going to solve anything? How much are you willing to risk for the procedure? How much does it matter to you?

Camilleglv

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2022, 09:55:33 PM »

Helloo,

I know it’s been some time, but I wanted to reply back. Your comment was really useful and for the first time, I’m getting over it (I’ve been feeling nice about my height for 4 months). I hope you have a wonderful journey.

Best regards.

MajinVegeta

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2022, 01:09:32 PM »

You are a normal height, and even if you WERE short, 99% of men like that.  Do not get this surgery.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up