Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is 5cm femur / 3cm tibia better than 8cm femur? (Precice-2)  (Read 493 times)

frranksalinas

• Visitor

Including things like proportions, future recovery, athletic ability, and so on

Posts like OverrideYourGenetics' diary make me a bit more hopeful

MakeMeTallAF

Re: Is 5cm femur / 3cm tibia better than 8cm femur? (Precice-2)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 09:32:23 PM »

Probably not. It's 2 surgeries vs 1

Your tissues overall will still lengthen by 8 cm in either scenario. Atleast for your nerves, they run down your entire leg so whether you lengthen at the femur only or both doesn't matter, it's how much you lengthen overall.

Muscles and tendons, sure lengthening smaller amounts each segment is probably better, but again it's 2 surgeries and the impact is cumulative.

Elhemioe

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 09:40:21 PM »

proportion wise yes, recovery time wise no
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'

Worzezterlire

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 01:23:25 AM »

I used to be a proportion freak.  The only one I really see as being problematic is short wingspans, like -3 or below ape indices.  But even if that’s the result and someone has height neurosis, being taller outweighs that issue.  Having the surgery and seeing before and after examples in person made me realize proportions are a meme.

Just do 8cm femurs and be done with it.  Don’t spend twice the money and suffer four times the pain just because you want your knees an inch higher than 8cm femurs.  As someone doing 8cm femurs now, I can tell you it’s a mindset that’s created on this forum by people who think they understand human beauty to a deep degree, when in reality 8cm femurs looks fine almost in every case.  I’ve seen people start below 5 feet tall who got 8cm femurs and looked natural after.  If that doesn’t sell you on 8cm femurs, nothing can.  But it should.

Don’t freak out about proportions.  Seriously, as someone who used to freak out about it, it’s not worth it.  Just focus on the easiest and most successful path to your desired height.

frranksalinas

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 03:17:21 AM »

I used to be a proportion freak.  The only one I really see as being problematic is short wingspans, like -3 or below ape indices.  But even if that’s the result and someone has height neurosis, being taller outweighs that issue.  Having the surgery and seeing before and after examples in person made me realize proportions are a meme.

Just do 8cm femurs and be done with it.  Don’t spend twice the money and suffer four times the pain just because you want your knees an inch higher than 8cm femurs.  As someone doing 8cm femurs now, I can tell you it’s a mindset that’s created on this forum by people who think they understand human beauty to a deep degree, when in reality 8cm femurs looks fine almost in every case.  I’ve seen people start below 5 feet tall who got 8cm femurs and looked natural after.  If that doesn’t sell you on 8cm femurs, nothing can.  But it should.

Don’t freak out about proportions.  Seriously, as someone who used to freak out about it, it’s not worth it.  Just focus on the easiest and most successful path to your desired height.

Well proportions is just 1 part of it.. I'm also worried about the risk factors and muscle factors and long term recovery etc..

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 04:07:04 AM »

Well proportions is just 1 part of it.. I'm also worried about the risk factors and muscle factors and long term recovery etc..
5-6 is safe. If those 2 extra inches mean the world to you, then just do it.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

ryand2021

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 05:16:55 AM »

Unless you start very short (<160cm) or naturally have short tibia, 8cm on femur won't make you look weird. Wearing pants will create a visual effect that make your thigh look shorter. Wearing shoes (especially boots or shoes with platforms or heels) will make your tibia look longer. So in public your proportions won't get noticed.

Those do femur + tibia are usually who already have short tibia and long femur, or those who strongly desire 4+ inches.
LL: March 2021; Femur Precice 2 with Paley
Before: 170cm; After: 178cm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up