Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concerned about arm length [WELP!!]  (Read 1157 times)

manzar

• Visitor
Concerned about arm length [WELP!!]
« on: June 22, 2021, 06:12:56 PM »

hello, first of all i'd be more than welcome if you forgive this unconvenient image but i had to blur the areas. Whatever. I know nobody will be able to comment perfectly due to the angle etc.

I'm fully aware of that. So im not expecting an expert opinion on this. Just please give me some opinions though.

I'm 176 and my armspan is 182cm. I have worries about my arm length. My hands are huge btw, not clearly seen in the picture but as big as my 6"3 friend. Im thinking maybe my narrow af shoulders give the illusion of my arms looking short, or i actually have short arms.

Whats your opinion on this

https://ibb.co/B4whk94

Edit: I have NOT measured my armspan wrongly. Its 182cm.
My big hands adds like 3 cm of an advantage compared to an average guy. So if you minus it, and take my span as 179cm. Its still in the O.K line. The thing is, is it my arms are short or my shoulder is narrow?

manzar

• Visitor
Re: Concerned about arm length [WELP!!]
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 06:13:41 PM »

Can i pull 6ft off at least ?

6CMFemurs

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 06:35:20 PM »

My opinion, as someone who has actually done the procedure: Stop being weird, either lengthen or don't, do not contribute to your mental illness by fixating on something that literally nobody notices. If you feel this is actually a real thing that you must know the answer to, ask for the opinion of somebody in the real world who does not have the warped view on body proportions of the people on this forum.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 06:54:42 PM »

In my experience, anyone obsessing about proportions, arm or hand length should rethink about LL.
Because you obviously have more problems than just your height. There is a whole body dysphoria thing going on in cases like this.

LL will make you taller, that's it.
Successful cosmetic LL patients want to get taller and don't obsess about this.

manzar

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 07:07:45 PM »

I appreciate the responses and i get what you mean.
But could you be more specific about the question that i asked? You guys are totally right but i just wanted to make sure it'll look GOOD rather than MAN IS TALL BUT ARMS KINDA LOOKIN OFF type of a thing.

Just pleaseee.. at least a slight opinion on the proportions..

BelowTheMean

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 07:10:51 PM »

Agreed, obsessing over arm length or proportions is much worse of a dysphoria than height. People actually care about how tall you are, but no one cares about your proportions.
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

manzar

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 07:11:53 PM »

GUYS ALLRIGHT WELL SAID BUT PLEASE SAY SOMETHING RELATED JEEZ..

Thorfinnn

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 07:19:12 PM »

If you lengthen 8 cm to 184 you will look fine with a 182 armspan.

manzar

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 07:23:02 PM »

Yeah but most likely i won't pass over 7 on femurs, but i feel like my tibias MIGHT be short, i'll just get an xray and follow my doc's lead whenever i decide to get the procedure done.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2021, 07:29:53 PM »

Agreed, obsessing over arm length or proportions is much worse of a dysphoria than height. People actually care about how tall you are, but no one cares about your proportions.

Exactly.

Thorfinnn

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2021, 07:39:48 PM »

Yeah but most likely i won't pass over 7 on femurs, but i feel like my tibias MIGHT be short, i'll just get an xray and follow my doc's lead whenever i decide to get the procedure done.

An armspan equal to your height or 1 cm less will look fine.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2021, 08:44:09 PM »

GUYS ALLRIGHT WELL SAID BUT PLEASE SAY SOMETHING RELATED JEEZ..

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are already 5"9.5, a totally average height for men. I am sure very few people actually perceive you as short, but you want to get LL, fine good for you. Now, instead of just being happy "growing" to 6"0/6"1, now you are asking us to imagine whether your arms will look short at that new height (something nobody notices). Now three people who have had the surgery are telling you that you will be fine/stop worrying, and you refuse to believe them and are trying to find other people to engage in this craziness and make you upset.

Do you understand now?

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2021, 08:45:38 PM »

hello, first of all i'd be more than welcome if you forgive this unconvenient image but i had to blur the areas. Whatever. I know nobody will be able to comment perfectly due to the angle etc.

I'm fully aware of that. So im not expecting an expert opinion on this. Just please give me some opinions though.

I'm 176 and my armspan is 182cm. I have worries about my arm length. My hands are huge btw, not clearly seen in the picture but as big as my 6"3 friend. Im thinking maybe my narrow af shoulders give the illusion of my arms looking short, or i actually have short arms.

Whats your opinion on this

https://ibb.co/B4whk94

Edit: I have NOT measured my armspan wrongly. Its 182cm.
My big hands adds like 3 cm of an advantage compared to an average guy. So if you minus it, and take my span as 179cm. Its still in the O.K line. The thing is, is it my arms are short or my shoulder is narrow?

I reckon up to -6cm ape index and youll look fine. But honestly I wouldnt worry about it, getting taller will make u happy youll forget about proportions. Its not gonna be noticeable. BTW that number is my opinion dont rely on it lol.
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal
Waiting for Stryde return..

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2021, 08:48:31 PM »

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are already 5"9.5, a totally average height for men. I am sure very few people actually perceive you as short, but you want to get LL, fine good for you. Now, instead of just being happy "growing" to 6"0/6"1, now you are asking us to imagine whether your arms will look short at that new height (something nobody notices). Now three people who have had the surgery are telling you that you will be fine/stop worrying, and you refuse to believe them and are trying to find other people to engage in this craziness and make you upset.

Do you understand now?

Hey 6CMFemurs, what was ur starting height and ending height?
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

6CMFemurs

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2021, 10:44:02 PM »

Hey 6CMFemurs, what was ur starting height and ending height?

I went from 5"5/5"6 to around 5"8.5

TouchTheSkies

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2021, 11:34:27 PM »

I went from 5"5/5"6 to around 5"8.5

Oh wow that’s awesome how’s ur walking gait now because I want to gain a similar amount
Age - 19
Target - 6-8 cm internal

6CMFemurs

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 06:34:15 PM »

Oh wow that’s awesome how’s ur walking gait now because I want to gain a similar amount

Walking speed is fine, walking gait is and always was a little weird. However, this is due to a separate deformity I have (over 40 degrees of External Tibial Torsion) and is unrelated to my femur lengthening 7 years ago.

a

• 5'9
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2021, 01:29:47 PM »

I think it wouldn't look off.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+
Pages: [1]   Go Up