Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would going for 5-6 cm in the tibias be wise in my case ?  (Read 1154 times)

Elhemioe

Would going for 5-6 cm in the tibias be wise in my case ?
« on: June 29, 2021, 08:02:09 PM »

Hello everybody !
First off, I'm deeply sorry, you guys must get this kind of topics all the time and I know that nothing should replace actual medical expert advice, however I won't be getting surgery before 2-3 years.

I'm currently 172 and would like to get to about 178, which implies a stretch of 6 cm, though I wouldn't be mad about only going for 5 cm if it means that I'd recover significantly better.

Here's the problem. My tibias and femurs are almost as long: my femurs are roughly 5 cm longer than my tibias. By getting the surgery, I'd actually equalize them and I've heard that getting a ratio imbalance is bad news for hips and knees, so I'm a little worried about that.

Besides, my wingspan is about 170 cm, which is already smaller than my actual height. I figured it wouldn't look too aweful if I lengthened since my thighs and knees wouldn't move too much comparatively to my arms, but I may be completely wrong.

Furthermore, I also suffer from flat feet, which I should get fixed soon through surgery. Would that be a counter indication to limb lengthening ?

Lastly, isn't 6cm in the tibias excessive ? From what I've seen 5cm seems to be deemed as reasonable but things appear to get tight upwards. I'd pick Tibias over femurs for cosmetic reasons and also because recovery looks slightly less uncomfortable. I'd likely be getting internal depending on the means offered by the time I go through with the surgery.

What do you guys think ? Thank you so much to those who took the time to read my post  ;D
Current height: 5'8
Goal height : 5'10-6'

Apollo676

Re: Would going for 5-6 cm in the tibias be wise in my case ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 11:09:12 PM »

imho if you're going to turn into a woman ( sorry i don't have any knowledge about the transition thing ),172cm is a really decent height for a woman,i think most guys wouldn't want to chase a almost 180cm woman,which is above average for men,but thats just my opinion
5 cm on tibias is of course more conservative,i would go for that tbh,even 4-5cm,like 7-8cm on femurs,it really depend on your condition

Polvorón

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 11:43:54 PM »

imho if you're going to turn into a woman ( sorry i don't have any knowledge about the transition thing ),172cm is a really decent height for a woman,i think most guys wouldn't want to chase a almost 180cm woman,which is above average for men,but thats just my opinion
5 cm on tibias is of course more conservative,i would go for that tbh,even 4-5cm,like 7-8cm on femurs,it really depend on your condition
I like tall and strong women.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

Montreal172

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 05:07:11 AM »

1- Aim for a tibia/femur ratio of 0.8 -+ 0.03 to avoid any long term complications
2- In your case femur might be better, safe zone is 15% to 20% of your segment length, beyond can be problematic.

Those would be my two tips, otherwise good luck.

Elhemioe

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2021, 02:24:50 PM »

Well yeah 172 is decent for a woman, but if anything if I do the surgery it's actually for me, so I can be pleased with myself, not for men  :)

I just really enjoy the look of taller women and longer legs and I think that's what I want for myself ! Besides, being smaller than men makes me feel a bit vulnerable. Which is why I'm aiming for 178/177 : it's tall enough to look elegant and roughly the same as the average man without towering over everybody and not being feminine.

Taylor Swift is about 178/5'10 and I think it looks really good.

But yeah 172 is already decent which is why I'm only getting the surgery if I have a good opportunity to (as in I have all the money, I can easily get off work/studies and it'll be relatively safe), I'm not in a situation where it'd be really necessary for me.

Also don't worry, you're being very polite it's nice of you  ;D

Elhemioe

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 02:27:15 PM »

I like tall and strong women.

yep haha that's the look I'm going for, well sort of  ;)

Elhemioe

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 02:29:07 PM »

1- Aim for a tibia/femur ratio of 0.8 -+ 0.03 to avoid any long term complications
2- In your case femur might be better, safe zone is 15% to 20% of your segment length, beyond can be problematic.

Those would be my two tips, otherwise good luck.

How can I calculate the ratio ? Sorry maths isn't truly my thing haha
And I'm just afraid lengthening femurs will look bad, not to mention that even if recovery seems to be shorter it also appears to be more painful.
The scars would be easier to hide for sure though.
Guess I'll see what the mock ups look like. I'll probably go for that greek doctor Gortiokas (hopefully I'm writing it correctly) if he still does the surgery by then.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 04:46:37 PM »

1. Measure tibias and femurs.
2. Divide tibia length by femur length for tibia/femur ratio.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 06:43:11 PM »

Maxing out on tibias is equally hard as femurs (6, 8 respectively).

At some point you will have to reduce lengthening rates on tibias because the stretching will give you insane nerve pain and ballerina foot which will take tremendous effort to overcome. It's not an easy process. For what it's worth, I'm sure you know this, but this is not a cosmetic surgery you do for 'fun'. You really should only do this if your height neurosis is wildly debilitating to your happiness, self esteem, etc. It's extraordinarily painful, mentally taxing, and unpleasant. It also has long term complications which, if you're not careful about, can lead to a life of pain.

Please be careful.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

Elhemioe

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 06:48:25 PM »

Maxing out on tibias is equally hard as femurs (6, 8 respectively).

At some point you will have to reduce lengthening rates on tibias because the stretching will give you insane nerve pain and ballerina foot which will take tremendous effort to overcome. It's not an easy process. For what it's worth, I'm sure you know this, but this is not a cosmetic surgery you do for 'fun'. You really should only do this if your height neurosis is wildly debilitating to your happiness, self esteem, etc. It's extraordinarily painful, mentally taxing, and unpleasant. It also has long term complications which, if you're not careful about, can lead to a life of pain.

Please be careful.

Yes I'm aware of the problems but thank you for reminding me. I guess my "height neurosis" isn't as obvious because it doesn't translate to real life difficulties (as in dating and stuff) but is only in my head. I'm like focused on height 85% of the time I just keep thinking of it, whether that is through looking at my body or comparing myself with others and I just don't want to think about it anymore, I'm tired of it.

Anyway, you said it is more noticeable if maxing out, do you think going for 5cm would help ?

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 07:33:14 PM »

Anyway, you said it is more noticeable if maxing out, do you think going for 5cm would help ?

So, everybody's body is different. Some people here feel no nerve pain, most (90%) do. I'm doing femur and at >4cm let me tell you, I'm hollering like an animal when the nerve pain hits. It doesn't last long (more than a minute) but it's a solid 7/10 pain. That's a lot, and it hits multiple times a day. Remember, people go to 7.5 on this, so I'm a hair over halfway "done".
At 2.5 tibia you will definitely feel the onset of some debilitating pain. It's hard to predict what exactly; knee pain, ankle pain, shin, etc. Whatever it is, I can assure you that it *will* be painful.

I don't think people "notice" proportions. 99.99% of people just notice height, seriously. Only the 0.01% of neurotic model-wannabees care. And they prefer long tibias right now, it seems. Good luck.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 08:05:51 PM by PerfectBody »
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

AimHigh

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 10:35:42 PM »

Taylor Swift has an inflated ego and is more like 176 cm (5 9), but calls herself 5 11  - check celebheights.com - She mentioned her height in EW.com, saying that "I'm 5'11''
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Montreal172

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2021, 07:21:56 PM »

Tibia/femur, gets you the ratio. But to measure your real femur and tibia length, can only be done though x rays. So I would say to get that in your home country first to see what your lengthening options you have and do mockups. There is a study on male and female ratios, how its more "estethicly pleasing" for women to have longer femurs, and longer lower body to upper body ratio. Since you're transitioning it should be an advantage for you.

Giotikas is a good doc, but he keeps increasing his prices all the time,  to me outside the US the only good two alternatives are Giotikas and Parihar.

Scars for femur, if you do internal can't be noticed, plus you can always do laser treatment to remove them later.

Elhemioe

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2021, 03:04:19 PM »

So, everybody's body is different. Some people here feel no nerve pain, most (90%) do. I'm doing femur and at >4cm let me tell you, I'm hollering like an animal when the nerve pain hits. It doesn't last long (more than a minute) but it's a solid 7/10 pain. That's a lot, and it hits multiple times a day. Remember, people go to 7.5 on this, so I'm a hair over halfway "done".
At 2.5 tibia you will definitely feel the onset of some debilitating pain. It's hard to predict what exactly; knee pain, ankle pain, shin, etc. Whatever it is, I can assure you that it *will* be painful.

I don't think people "notice" proportions. 99.99% of people just notice height, seriously. Only the 0.01% of neurotic model-wannabees care. And they prefer long tibias right now, it seems. Good luck.

Thank you for your explanation and being very honest ! How would you describe nerve pain ? I genuinely have no idea of what it feels like so it's a little intriguing, I have no perspective regarding whether I could handle it or not ...
Eitherway if 2,5 inches is the limit where it gets really hard I guess I could honestly feel content with 2, that'd get me to 177 so it's honestly good enough on my part.

Taylor Swift has an inflated ego and is more like 176 cm (5 9), but calls herself 5 11  - check celebheights.com - She mentioned her height in EW.com, saying that "I'm 5'11''

I don't know how to feel about celebheights. I feel like the guy who runs the website often tends to downplay women's height.

Tibia/femur, gets you the ratio. But to measure your real femur and tibia length, can only be done though x rays. So I would say to get that in your home country first to see what your lengthening options you have and do mockups. There is a study on male and female ratios, how its more "estethicly pleasing" for women to have longer femurs, and longer lower body to upper body ratio. Since you're transitioning it should be an advantage for you.

Giotikas is a good doc, but he keeps increasing his prices all the time,  to me outside the US the only good two alternatives are Giotikas and Parihar.

Scars for femur, if you do internal can't be noticed, plus you can always do laser treatment to remove them later.

y'all are lowkey making me want femurs haha but I'm told it's significantly more uncomfortable so I don't know ... thanks for the tip tho, I'll definitely ask for a bone scan :)

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2021, 03:25:59 PM »

Thank you for your explanation and being very honest ! How would you describe nerve pain ? I genuinely have no idea of what it feels like so it's a little intriguing, I have no perspective regarding whether I could handle it or not ...
Eitherway if 2,5 inches is the limit where it gets really hard I guess I could honestly feel content with 2, that'd get me to 177 so it's honestly good enough on my part.

To be clear, I meant 2.5cm on tibias before you felt real pain.

Nerve pain is a strong, burning, electrical sub-dermal sensation that feels like it's on top of your muscles. You can't massage it out; it feels like a venomous snake bit you. It hit me on my ankles and shins. Some people have it in their quads, under the knees, etc. It's almost paralyzing; moving helps reduce the pain. Moving extremely slowly helped my case, but some people need to move. It's really a crap-shoot - you have no idea how it's going to affect you and how to remedy it. I call it a 'carousel of pain' in my blog.
LON Femur with Dr Buldu

Worzezterlire

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2021, 06:23:00 PM »

1. Celebheights is definitely right about celebrity heights.  I don’t think they downplay any heights.  Put lightly, this is their obsession in life.  If they say Taylor Swift is 5’9”, I trust it more than any other source, including Taylor Swift, who has a lot to gain from claiming 5’10 or 5’11.  As a personal judgement I’ve always seen her as big and awkward but to each their own.

2. Long femurs allow you to wear heels later and not look weird.  Heels add height only to your tibias so if you make those way too long and wear heels you might look really unnatural.  I don’t have an example to show since female CLL is less common and most women seem to do femurs.

3. I don’t think femurs are worse, at least for internals.  Both are not fun.  I’m at around 2cm femurs now and it’s not been fun but it’s very bearable.  I’d be almost halfway done if I had your goal.  You can also lengthen femurs a bit faster than tibias so technically it could be a faster turnaround.

4. Very personally, I think long femurs look good on women.  I’ve seen women with 8cm femurs done on them and it looked really good.  It’s pretty feminine on women.  If I had a smaller height goal I’d be doing tibias instead, but I don’t mind long femurs on myself since I started with slightly long tibias and my before/after mock-ups looked good.  So far at almost 1inch it’s not even perceptible.

EDIT: have you done any mock-ups for femurs vs tibias?  It might help you decide!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 08:39:04 PM by HobbitMan »

exo

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2021, 08:26:58 PM »

talking about aesthetic female proportions, longer tibias would mean the hands are further positioned from the knees which would make the upper body look smaller & elongate the legs further.
current height: 174cm
goal height: 180cm

father: 198cm
mother: 155cm

Worzezterlire

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »

talking about aesthetic female proportions, longer tibias would mean the hands are further positioned from the knees which would make the upper body look smaller & elongate the legs further.

Don’t you mean longer femurs?  Lengthening tibias will keep the hands and knees the same distance as before whereas lengthening femurs will increase the hand-knee distance.

exo

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »

yeah I meant femurs lmao
current height: 174cm
goal height: 180cm

father: 198cm
mother: 155cm

Sibirskiy

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2021, 07:58:48 PM »

Go 8 cm
176 cm before
184 cm after
Diary (LATN Dec 2016-March 2017, 8.0cm) :  http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4403.0
Post CLL thoughts (Audio logs): http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4859.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up