Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: as anyone done 8cm on tibias and regained athletic ability.  (Read 4733 times)

dexter1930

has anyone done 8cm on tibias and regained athletic ability. I'm reaching 6cm+ mark and feel like can go to 8 but I
m quite concern about post op recovery. Can someone confirm this, I know not many people go for 8 con tibias so the information is kinda limited

Activatedxx

Re: as anyone done 8cm on tibias and regained athletic ability.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 06:27:13 PM »

has anyone done 8cm on tibias and regained athletic ability. I'm reaching 6cm+ mark and feel like can go to 8 but I
m quite concern about post op recovery. Can someone confirm this, I know not many people go for 8 con tibias so the information is kinda limited

5cm-6cm seems to be maximum that one can expect to regain 90%,

Definitely not at 8cm
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

dexter1930

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 06:30:45 PM »

5cm-6cm seems to be maximum that one can expect to regain 90%,

Definitely not at 8cm
regain 90% after how long post-op I wonder, I have seen some guys who did 7 and doing very well after 1-2 years. At 6cm+ I feel no pain at all compared to a few weeks ago when things were quite bad, weird af. Well, if what you said is true then I should call it in a few days but still might regret later

SirStretchAlot

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2021, 07:09:46 PM »

There aren't many cases because complications rise after 5cm. Did you reach 6cm with weight-bearing nails? Because feeling like you can go 6+ with external fixiators is very different than going 6+ with weight bearing. You won't be able to walk. My internal femur nails can go 11cm+, but I'll only go 8-9cm because my walking is getting worse.
May 2021: 171cm (evening) > September 2021: 181cm
Wingspan: 170cm | Male: 29 | 65kg | Based in UK
Femurs: Betzbone with Dr. Betz | ITB Release: Dr. Giotikas
Dairy: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66558.0

dexter1930

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 07:34:03 PM »

There aren't many cases because complications rise after 5cm. Did you reach 6cm with weight-bearing nails? Because feeling like you can go 6+ with external fixiators is very different than going 6+ with weight bearing. You won't be able to walk. My internal femur nails can go 11cm+, but I'll only go 8-9cm because my walking is getting worse.
I'm doing lon with full weight bearing nail, walking is no problem before 5. Now at 6,  due to the bulkiness of the frame and poor right leg ankle dorsiflexion I stopped walking just standing and doing variations of stretches. Man, this is difficult, I either call it after 5 days or push it all the way to 8. idk, I haven't had anything too serious up to this point so it's so tempting to get to 8cm

dexter1930

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 07:38:12 PM »

my xray taken 2weeks ago

https://imgur.com/y4qCeYX

LeoGb

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 04:06:14 AM »

According to what I have read, the recommended is 5 cm in tibias, I personally would not go over 6, I think that with 6 and a good recovery you could recover your best shape, by the way... how was Vietnam for surgery? how much did everything cost you? I hope it goes well.
(sorry for my english)

dexter1930

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2021, 04:24:57 AM »

According to what I have read, the recommended is 5 cm in tibias, I personally would not go over 6, I think that with 6 and a good recovery you could recover your best shape, by the way... how was Vietnam for surgery? how much did everything cost you? I hope it goes well.
(sorry for my english)
googd to know. I had my latest consultation with my doc 2 weeks ago and he said that 8 is possible in my case. In Viet Nam, the majority of CLL will be done as LON or external frame on tibias and most ppl would go above 5+cm and beyond. We also have some doctor who would do precise but since the nail is not full weight bearing so it's not preferable due to slow recovery. Usually it cost 15-20k here including everything from rental, pain oral, hospital, a care taker,....Atmm I'm in very good condition at 6cm+ and ready to call it at any moment. I just wanna know if anyone in the old forum has done 8 and camback with over 90%. I'm expecting quite high post consolidation phase

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2021, 07:33:26 AM »

googd to know. I had my latest consultation with my doc 2 weeks ago and he said that 8 is possible in my case. In Viet Nam, the majority of CLL will be done as LON or external frame on tibias and most ppl would go above 5+cm and beyond. We also have some doctor who would do precise but since the nail is not full weight bearing so it's not preferable due to slow recovery. Usually it cost 15-20k here including everything from rental, pain oral, hospital, a care taker,....Atmm I'm in very good condition at 6cm+ and ready to call it at any moment. I just wanna know if anyone in the old forum has done 8 and camback with over 90%. I'm expecting quite high post consolidation phase

Precise was 20kUSD??
Meh.

dexter1930

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 08:01:55 AM »

Precise was 20kUSD??
no LON is 20k for everything
PRECISE is likely under 25k, everything is cheap here not as expensive like in other countries or otherwise I couldn't be able to afford this surgery

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2021, 08:13:09 AM »

no LON is 20k for everything
PRECISE is likely under 25k, everything is cheap here not as expensive like in other countries or otherwise I couldn't be able to afford this surgery

Bruh this is in Vietnam?? I wish I had done more research . I paid 25k for mines. You mean I could have afforded precise? 🥺🥺
Meh.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2021, 03:45:00 AM »

PRECISE nails are western tehcnology that can't be offered cheaply in any country.

dexter1930

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2021, 04:54:02 AM »

PRECISE nails are western tehcnology that can't be offered cheaply in any country.
if counting the 2 surgeries alone it cost 6-7k for LON with my doctor (attachment and removal of the frame), a few years ago he would charge 5k, this is a conventional method that has been done for years. Same goes with any other doctor in VN, lon femur or tibia are all around 4-7k
same thing for precise, the technology has been transferred in VN for a couple of years, I'm not sure how much it cost at the beginning so I would assume 25k, in reality it could be way cheaper but I don't favor this method so I don't look for it's information. BEtzbone is 6-8k also. Stryde is unavailable because of it's price.

LeoGb

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2021, 06:59:41 AM »

How are you doing Dexter? I really hope everything goes 10/10, do you think you will be walking well again soon after the extraction?, look, I intend to have LON surgery with Dr. Buldu at the end of next year, but because of the cost $$ I would like to see some options in Vietnam, could you give me details of the company or doctor you had surgery with and the price you paid for your package in USD?, I would like to be able to have a package with physiotherapy, caregiver and the hotel for the duration of the lengthening, something like you. I would really appreciate it if you could share the info!

dexter1930

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2021, 06:42:20 PM »

How are you doing Dexter? I really hope everything goes 10/10, do you think you will be walking well again soon after the extraction?, look, I intend to have LON surgery with Dr. Buldu at the end of next year, but because of the cost $$ I would like to see some options in Vietnam, could you give me details of the company or doctor you had surgery with and the price you paid for your package in USD?, I would like to be able to have a package with physiotherapy, caregiver and the hotel for the duration of the lengthening, something like you. I would really appreciate it if you could share the info!
thanks, I'm doing good at the end of the distraction, no painkiller needed and I can't wait to remove the frame to learn how to walk and get back to normal life again so I'm expecting absolute recovery post op.
my doctor is in HCM, he doesn't treat foreigners. He does CLL regularly but mostly dealing with discrepancy patients or any cases related to lower half
However, you can do it in Ha Noi. This is a biggest clinic with experienced dr there. I believe they do offer a total package for foreigners.
here is their link
https://www.facebook.com/keodaichandrdoan/
https://keodaichan.vn/ly-do-nen-chon/
I did NOT do it there simply because of the distance and I also believe it can be done with my doctor in HCM too, not a too risky surgery if everything gets done correctly and you your homework, you'll be fine. Notice, I do know A LOT of patients there through chatting app in VN so I know how they charge and shed some light for you
about the total package you should expect if you do it in Ha Noi, I can provide a closed up number
-flight ticket: idk you do the math
-2 surgery: attachment and removal of the frame: 8K. You will stay in the hospital for 10 days before discharge to your hotel
- Hotel: with water, electricity, wify....you should spend no more than 400$ per month for a NICE, CLEAN apartment 1-2 toilets, 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen, balcony, ...You should also find a cheaper one easily but you need local people to look for this
- supplement, drugs, bandages, tapper,...etc : no more than 1.5k
- food: let just say you eat 5 times per day with big ass meal, fruits, snacks,....etc all are ordered so this can cost 400$ per month. This can be cheaper if you hire a caretaker, she will cook for you so you will pay less for food
- wheelchair. crunches: 40$
- care taker: I hire a mine 250$ per month/everyday no day off, he cooks for me and shows up from 12am-7pm.
- pt: they do provide in house pt, this guy charges 15$/ hour

So these are some major stuff that I can think of. Let's say you stay for 6 months and can you do the math. Lemme know if this helps

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 09:27:24 PM »

if counting the 2 surgeries alone it cost 6-7k for LON with my doctor (attachment and removal of the frame), a few years ago he would charge 5k, this is a conventional method that has been done for years. Same goes with any other doctor in VN, lon femur or tibia are all around 4-7k
same thing for precise, the technology has been transferred in VN for a couple of years, I'm not sure how much it cost at the beginning so I would assume 25k, in reality it could be way cheaper but I don't favor this method so I don't look for it's information. BEtzbone is 6-8k also. Stryde is unavailable because of it's price.

Precise nails alone may cost more than that.
I.don't believe it would cost less than 30k dollars anywhere even if doctor do it for free.

dexter1930

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 10:25:44 PM »

Precise nails alone may cost more than that.
I.don't believe it would cost less than 30k dollars anywhere even if doctor do it for free.
I know where you come from with that but this nail is overcharged and no wonder why they cost this much because people believe it should cost this much, 30k you can buy a car in my country. The only reason I would believe CLL would be worth to pay lots of money is when you go for a whole package with great great doctor like Paley, Donghoon,...They have a team and concrete structure from a-z

Dark

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2021, 11:23:09 PM »

Bruh this is in Vietnam?? I wish I had done more research . I paid 25k for mines. You mean I could have afforded precise? 🥺🥺

Nah it's fake news...
Nuvasive charges exactly 30k USD for the Precice 2.2 nails (as of April 2021)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2021, 12:07:11 AM »

I know where you come from with that but this nail is overcharged and no wonder why they cost this much because people believe it should cost this much, 30k you can buy a car in my country. The only reason I would believe CLL would be worth to pay lots of money is when you go for a whole package with great great doctor like Paley, Donghoon,...They have a team and concrete structure from a-z

30K can buy you a car in any country.  Nuvasive doesn't charge less in poor countries.

LeoGb

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2021, 06:00:06 AM »

thanks, I'm doing good at the end of the distraction, no painkiller needed and I can't wait to remove the frame to learn how to walk and get back to normal life again so I'm expecting absolute recovery post op.
my doctor is in HCM, he doesn't treat foreigners. He does CLL regularly but mostly dealing with discrepancy patients or any cases related to lower half
However, you can do it in Ha Noi. This is a biggest clinic with experienced dr there. I believe they do offer a total package for foreigners.
here is their link
https://www.facebook.com/keodaichandrdoan/
https://keodaichan.vn/ly-do-nen-chon/
I did NOT do it there simply because of the distance and I also believe it can be done with my doctor in HCM too, not a too risky surgery if everything gets done correctly and you your homework, you'll be fine. Notice, I do know A LOT of patients there through chatting app in VN so I know how they charge and shed some light for you
about the total package you should expect if you do it in Ha Noi, I can provide a closed up number
-flight ticket: idk you do the math
-2 surgery: attachment and removal of the frame: 8K. You will stay in the hospital for 10 days before discharge to your hotel
- Hotel: with water, electricity, wify....you should spend no more than 400$ per month for a NICE, CLEAN apartment 1-2 toilets, 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen, balcony, ...You should also find a cheaper one easily but you need local people to look for this
- supplement, drugs, bandages, tapper,...etc : no more than 1.5k
- food: let just say you eat 5 times per day with big ass meal, fruits, snacks,....etc all are ordered so this can cost 400$ per month. This can be cheaper if you hire a caretaker, she will cook for you so you will pay less for food
- wheelchair. crunches: 40$
- care taker: I hire a mine 250$ per month/everyday no day off, he cooks for me and shows up from 12am-7pm.
- pt: they do provide in house pt, this guy charges 15$/ hour

So these are some major stuff that I can think of. Let's say you stay for 6 months and can you do the math. Lemme know if this helps

Hi Dexter, I hope everything is going very well for you, again thanks for sharing the information, yes, I already had information from Dr Doan in Vietnam, apparently he has a lot of experience in this type of surgeries. I was talking to him and he offers several packages with LON, here is his verbatim reply "Here is the price plan for tibia lengthening using LON method:

There are 3 packages you can choose from.

BASIC PACKAGE - US $10,000
Including surgeon fees, hospital fees, implant costs, nail+frame cost, analgesics, 10 nights in hospital after implantation, 3 nights in hospital after EF removal, hospital meals.

STANDARD PACKAGE - US $15,000 (lengthen 6cm)
Including everything in Basic Package + Accommodation and meals in 60 days of lengthening period in an 1-bedroom apartment, 40 hours of physical therapy.

PREMIUM PACKAGE - US $19,000 (lengthen 8cm)
Including everything in Basic Package + Accommodation and meals in 90 days in an 1-bedroom apartment, 60 hours of physical therapy, pick-up and transfer to and from airport.."  overall Dr. Doan inspired me with confidence, he told me that he strongly recommended going for only 6-7 to reduce the risk of complications, to acknowledge that speaks very well of him, because many other doctors sell us the idea that we can go for 10 cm without much problem . He told me that if I chose the basic package he could try to help me find a place to stay, but of course the expenses were already on me. If I choose the premium package my 90 days stay in Vietnam would be 9k more, clearly with all the care, but still the difference between standard and premium is very considerable, in my eyes the standard is not bad, i.e. I would save a lot if I look for an apartment on my own and get in touch with some caretaker and a physiotherapist, considering that Vietnam is not so expensive, I would save a lot of money if I look for everything on my own, I was thinking about maybe traveling a week before and prepare all the details of the accommodation and other details just before my surgery, to have everything ready, what do you think? Should I choose the standard package and get the rest on my own, or go for the premium package for 9000 USD more? thanks for your time.

LeoGb

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2021, 06:06:51 AM »

I don't know if the forum is glitching, because my answer was sent incomplete and with a repeated paragraph, lol, Dr Doan also told me that he recommended to go only for 6-7 cm in TIBIAS, to reduce complications, I think that speaks well of him, because many others sell us that going for 10 cm is not complicated and without risks....

dexter1930

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2021, 07:56:58 AM »

I don't know if the forum is glitching, because my answer was sent incomplete and with a repeated paragraph, lol, Dr Doan also told me that he recommended to go only for 6-7 cm in TIBIAS, to reduce complications, I think that speaks well of him, because many others sell us that going for 10 cm is not complicated and without risks....
-even with the basic package you already get ripped off but it's acceptable since their hospital is top notch. Imo, of course just go for the basic package and outsource everything else. Notice, other doctors do 5-8k. mine is 7k
-transportation: not an issue we have grab here, all you need is your phone
-accommodation: seek help from agency or you can find one yourself. I found bunch of cheap one on google, here is an example https://alphahousing.vn/long-bien/apartment/ or look through facebook there's a lot of foreigner communities groups there, you will easily find one
-a caretaker: a middle age woman who has taken care a lot of Dr Doan's patients, I''ll give you her phone. She helps to cook and cleans up your stuff. A caretaker is very important, they make your life easier so you can focus working on your legs
-a pt: you can take one from dr Doan clinic or outsource too. In my case I did stretching and do pt myself, you can do it too, it requires A LOT of work EVERYDAY, this is your job. Imo, CLL is 60% about exercising
- I agree, you should get here one week prior to the 1st operation and set things up, you will be fine. Lemme know if this helps

LeoGb

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2021, 04:57:21 AM »

-even with the basic package you already get ripped off but it's acceptable since their hospital is top notch. Imo, of course just go for the basic package and outsource everything else. Notice, other doctors do 5-8k. mine is 7k
-transportation: not an issue we have grab here, all you need is your phone
-accommodation: seek help from agency or you can find one yourself. I found bunch of cheap one on google, here is an example https://alphahousing.vn/long-bien/apartment/ or look through facebook there's a lot of foreigner communities groups there, you will easily find one
-a caretaker: a middle age woman who has taken care a lot of Dr Doan's patients, I''ll give you her phone. She helps to cook and cleans up your stuff. A caretaker is very important, they make your life easier so you can focus working on your legs
-a pt: you can take one from dr Doan clinic or outsource too. In my case I did stretching and do pt myself, you can do it too, it requires A LOT of work EVERYDAY, this is your job. Imo, CLL is 60% about exercising
- I agree, you should get here one week prior to the 1st operation and set things up, you will be fine. Lemme know if this helps

Dexter, how is your recovery going? I hope everything is going well. I have been meditating a lot on the Vietnam option, I found Dr. Doan reliable and so far I have not seen that that country has had cases of medical negligence in this procedure or something similar, but let's say that I do not feel very comfortable going for tibias, I always had in mind to go for femurs because according to the recovery is faster and future complications are usually less, and of course, you can extend a little longer.   How do you feel with the external frames? it seems that the ones they use there are quite big, like a cage, do you sleep well with them? they are not very uncomfortable? have you tried to go out in the street? how do people take it? haha. One thing that struck me about Dr Buldu is that the external fixators didn't look so invasive, and I think you could even hide them with some clothes.   By the way, how are you walking now? at what point of the lengthening were you able to start moving and doing things on your own? and what are your expectations once the external fixators are removed, do you think you will be able to walk normally again soon?

dexter1930

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2021, 07:20:44 AM »

Dexter, how is your recovery going? I hope everything is going well. I have been meditating a lot on the Vietnam option, I found Dr. Doan reliable and so far I have not seen that that country has had cases of medical negligence in this procedure or something similar, but let's say that I do not feel very comfortable going for tibias, I always had in mind to go for femurs because according to the recovery is faster and future complications are usually less, and of course, you can extend a little longer.   How do you feel with the external frames? it seems that the ones they use there are quite big, like a cage, do you sleep well with them? they are not very uncomfortable? have you tried to go out in the street? how do people take it? haha. One thing that struck me about Dr Buldu is that the external fixators didn't look so invasive, and I think you could even hide them with some clothes.   By the way, how are you walking now? at what point of the lengthening were you able to start moving and doing things on your own? and what are your expectations once the external fixators are removed, do you think you will be able to walk normally again soon?
- I'm in good condition, waiting for covid to be gone to remove the frame. I'm at 7+cm but need to do X-ray check first, my city has been locked down for 2 months lol so maybe I have to wear this for a little longer. As long as you do pt, stretching and have no major complication, you can wear the frame for as long as you want. I got the frame on 21st March
- idk if he does femur, I don't think he does and even if he does, going LON on femur has to be hurt like hell because there's lots more tissue there brother, going 8cm on femur with more pain compared to 6-7 on tibias with less pain is the hard choice you have to make. Personally, my tibias are short relatively to my femur about 7cm shorter, idk you might wanna read more LON femur patient diary
- about sleeping, mostly you will sleep on your back, you can sleep sideway but it gets uncomfortable real quick
- I started doing pt day 2nd after surgery and could walk 5 days later. You can maintain your normal life through out the whole distraction phase, like a normal people
- I expect to recover as fast as I can, granted all the effort I put on this. I might get back my normal walk around November

are you gonna do this next year?

LeoGb

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2021, 11:21:52 PM »

- I'm in good condition, waiting for covid to be gone to remove the frame. I'm at 7+cm but need to do X-ray check first, my city has been locked down for 2 months lol so maybe I have to wear this for a little longer. As long as you do pt, stretching and have no major complication, you can wear the frame for as long as you want. I got the frame on 21st March
- idk if he does femur, I don't think he does and even if he does, going LON on femur has to be hurt like hell because there's lots more tissue there brother, going 8cm on femur with more pain compared to 6-7 on tibias with less pain is the hard choice you have to make. Personally, my tibias are short relatively to my femur about 7cm shorter, idk you might wanna read more LON femur patient diary
- about sleeping, mostly you will sleep on your back, you can sleep sideway but it gets uncomfortable real quick
- I started doing pt day 2nd after surgery and could walk 5 days later. You can maintain your normal life through out the whole distraction phase, like a normal people
- I expect to recover as fast as I can, granted all the effort I put on this. I might get back my normal walk around November

are you gonna do this next year?

Thank you for your attention and your answers Dexter, I hope you have been well today. I am 22 years old and I have had a complex since I was 15 years old, this has led my life to be a martyrdom, I am not that short, I am 1.68, but living in a country like Canada where the new generation of young people are almost mostly measuring 1.80, it is complicated.  The problem is that my parents would not support me, my father does not know about my height complex, actually the only person who knows about it is my mother and when I told her about the surgery, it was an absolute no, I have the money to do the surgery, and I have the money for the stay, either in Turkey or in Vietnam, I think I could invest a maximum of 27k USD in this procedure, which would be something like 55% of my life savings, but what causes me a big conflict is to go maybe 5 months and come back to Canada with a walker or on crutches, because I think my mother would not stand it. My idea is very crazy, but my intention is that no one finds out, I can say that I will go for work to another city, but I could not sustain it if I return at any given time with really affected mobility. Not that I want to run around and do everything at 6 months, but if I at least knew for sure that I could walk relatively without much difficulty, that would be great. And yes, Dr Doan clarified that he didn't do femurs, I'd have to take my measurements to see if it's wise to have my tibias operated on as well.  I had been thinking of going maybe mid January 2022, to get away from the Canadian winter.

LeoGb

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2021, 01:28:05 AM »

I really don't understand why when I post my answers, the forum usually repeats paragraphs and removes parts of my original answer. >:( >:( >:(

LL2022

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2021, 07:02:57 AM »

Man, you are literally me, same age, same height and similar family situation. except im from Sweden. Let's say I have it arguably worse here where the average height is probably 182 cm for males my age hahah.

Likewise I have unsupportive parents so I have managed to save up for the 22k LON package in Turkey with Buldu. I just have to logistically figure out when to do the surgery since I still have 2 years of Uni left. I'm thinking of next year in June when I have my summer break. Obviously I can't let my parents or friends know about this either so I plan to stay the full 90 days in Turkey, If I wanna stay longer I'll have to be absent from classes, renew my visa and pay more for the accomdation. Luckily I live in my own student apartment so I can somewhat avoid my family.

I'm planning on LON Tibias - > 5,3cm. 0,8-0,85mm of lenghtning everyday so approximately 5 days of post surgery recovery before lenghtning, 65 days of lenghtning which leaves me with 20 days for bone healing and consolidation with PT and under the doctor's supervision.

Sorry for hijacking the thread... I just thought it would make the procesa extremely less painful physically and mentally if I could make a friend who go through the same hellish process. 

Edit: this post was supposed to be a reply toLeoGb
Currently 168,5 cm - Goal -> 4,5 cm - 5 cm Tibias in Turkey

dexter1930

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2021, 10:33:02 AM »

Thank you for your attention and your answers Dexter, I hope you have been well today. I am 22 years old and I have had a complex since I was 15 years old, this has led my life to be a martyrdom, I am not that short, I am 1.68, but living in a country like Canada where the new generation of young people are almost mostly measuring 1.80, it is complicated.  The problem is that my parents would not support me, my father does not know about my height complex, actually the only person who knows about it is my mother and when I told her about the surgery, it was an absolute no, I have the money to do the surgery, and I have the money for the stay, either in Turkey or in Vietnam, I think I could invest a maximum of 27k USD in this procedure, which would be something like 55% of my life savings, but what causes me a big conflict is to go maybe 5 months and come back to Canada with a walker or on crutches, because I think my mother would not stand it. My idea is very crazy, but my intention is that no one finds out, I can say that I will go for work to another city, but I could not sustain it if I return at any given time with really affected mobility. Not that I want to run around and do everything at 6 months, but if I at least knew for sure that I could walk relatively without much difficulty, that would be great. And yes, Dr Doan clarified that he didn't do femurs, I'd have to take my measurements to see if it's wise to have my tibias operated on as well.  I had been thinking of going maybe mid January 2022, to get away from the Canadian winter.
- thanks for the info, you sound like a smart young man with mindful thinking, good for you, you will go far in life and get this surgery done for sure
- At 22 I was dumb and stupid only made money in a last few years, I'm gonna be 28 this December
- you won't be spending more than 6 months to gain back normal walk if you stretch and do pt like your life is dependent on it.
- if you lengthen 1 inches maybe there's a slim chance your parents and friends won't notice but anything over will be recognized. 2 inches is a lot, 3 inches is the whole next superman level. Again, your walking gait will be fine after 6 month (I've seen dr Doan patients 6 months post op). Being under 25 doing CLL is a plus you can tell them that you are still growing, maybe your friends will buy it but not your parents haha
- whether you do femur or tibias, being taller is awesome, I can't stretch this enough, you will be confident and fearless, other people will treat you very very different. It's like you get reborn
- I keep mine from secret too, no way I would tell this to anyone, not for now and maybe to death
- If you do it in VN, January is still very cold, you don't wanna get a pair of broken legs in a winter in VN too but it's doable. Winter here is not as cold like in Canada

LeoGb

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2021, 04:58:20 PM »

Man, you are literally me, same age, same height and similar family situation. except im from Sweden. Let's say I have it arguably worse here where the average height is probably 182 cm for males my age hahah.

Likewise I have unsupportive parents so I have managed to save up for the 22k LON package in Turkey with Buldu. I just have to logistically figure out when to do the surgery since I still have 2 years of Uni left. I'm thinking of next year in June when I have my summer break. Obviously I can't let my parents or friends know about this either so I plan to stay the full 90 days in Turkey, If I wanna stay longer I'll have to be absent from classes, renew my visa and pay more for the accomdation. Luckily I live in my own student apartment so I can somewhat avoid my family.

I'm planning on LON Tibias - > 5,3cm. 0,8-0,85mm of lenghtning everyday so approximately 5 days of post surgery recovery before lenghtning, 65 days of lenghtning which leaves me with 20 days for bone healing and consolidation with PT and under the doctor's supervision.

Sorry for hijacking the thread... I just thought it would make the procesa extremely less painful physically and mentally if I could make a friend who go through the same hellish process. 

Edit: this post was supposed to be a reply toLeoGb

Hi!!! yes, in the Nordic countries men are really tall!!, I have the theory that this has nothing to do with a question of flirting or liking women (as many believe) is really a serious disorder, which in my case, has made me not want to go out often with groups of people I do not know very well, for shame and feeling inferior, I always feel bad when someone taller stands next to me, it gives me the feeling that everyone looks at me like   hahaha.  I think I would be happy with a 1.75-76, which although for many maybe wouldn't be the great height, in my case it would end my height neurosis, it's the same thing that happens with those who are 1.60 and get to 1.68 with this surgery and feel good with their 1.68, it's a mental thing. And man, I think Buldu is an excellent choice, there are many negative comments about him but in my eyes he is one of the best experienced and results when it comes to the LON procedure, by the way, if you go with Buldu I advise you to negotiate directly the premium package with him at his personal number, if you avoid going through his agency you could be saving 2k EUROS, from what I have read, those who have negotiated directly with Buldu have gotten the package for 20k.  But you lose nothing by talking to Dr. Doan in Vietnam, he will answer all your questions and you can see some of his results on his fb page https://www.facebook.com/keodaichandrdoan/ he offers LON in TIBIAS for 10k USD, and if you look for yourself your home, a caregiver, physiotherapies and etc it could be costing you around 14k USD, it is a very good option, I have been researching Vietnam a lot and they have quite a few good doctors who perform LON in TIBIAS.

LeoGb

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2021, 05:10:30 PM »

- thanks for the info, you sound like a smart young man with mindful thinking, good for you, you will go far in life and get this surgery done for sure
- At 22 I was dumb and stupid only made money in a last few years, I'm gonna be 28 this December
- you won't be spending more than 6 months to gain back normal walk if you stretch and do pt like your life is dependent on it.
- if you lengthen 1 inches maybe there's a slim chance your parents and friends won't notice but anything over will be recognized. 2 inches is a lot, 3 inches is the whole next superman level. Again, your walking gait will be fine after 6 month (I've seen dr Doan patients 6 months post op). Being under 25 doing CLL is a plus you can tell them that you are still growing, maybe your friends will buy it but not your parents haha
- whether you do femur or tibias, being taller is awesome, I can't stretch this enough, you will be confident and fearless, other people will treat you very very different. It's like you get reborn
- I keep mine from secret too, no way I would tell this to anyone, not for now and maybe to death
- If you do it in VN, January is still very cold, you don't wanna get a pair of broken legs in a winter in VN too but it's doable. Winter here is not as cold like in Canada

Hi Dexter, I hope everything is going very well for you. Thanks for thinking like that, I think that maturity and responsibility is not something that has much to do with age, but rather with experiences, I come from a very hardworking and humble immigrant family, and we usually take care of money, because at some point we were not very well.  Yes, really the only thing that keeps me away from doing the procedure is that detail of arriving with my mobility affected and people asking, maybe after I recover from the procedure I will tell my mother, she will take it badly for not having told her, but I know that if I tell her that I am going to Vietnam to break my legs, I doubt she can be calm and sleep at night knowing that her son is going through something like this hahaha. Man, I think very highly of Dr. Doan, I will continue to do more research on LON in TIBIAS. By the way Dexter, when are you going to post a diary?..I would really be the most interested in reading it. Thanks for being so vigilant man, hope your weekend is going great.

Sambollio

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2021, 10:54:08 PM »

Lol 6-7cm to reduce complications in tibias? This doctor is an idiot and should be avoided if he is claiming 8cm is an ok length, and 6-7cm is a modest lengthening to reduce risk of complications. He is disagreeing with EVERY SINGLE top doctor in this field for what is a safe tibia lengthening. 6cm is considered the absolute max and many of the top doctors won’t go above 5cm. 3-4m on tibias would be more of a “conservative” lengthening if you are worried about complications. 7cm is getting close to the limit for femurs lol.

I can’t tell if these are shills for this scam artist “doctor” or just extremely uninformed/misguided patients
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up