Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal femur with Dr. Betz 2018  (Read 31553 times)

tallertree

Internal femur with Dr. Betz 2018
« on: May 28, 2018, 02:00:03 PM »

Hello

I recently had surgery done with Dr. Betz on my femurs.

Height: 162cm
Im aiming for around 8cm

I arrived at the hospital two days before and did blood test etc. Operation went fine and shortly after waking up Dr Betz came and we walked a little bit, i felt very dizzy but it worked.

The first days i also had constant pain in my left leg, especially around the hip area. The pain is now almost gone, but i do feel my left leg more than my right. The overall pain is concentrated around the hip area on both legs. When i walk and make a movement wich rotates the leg a bit i can feel lots of pain in the groin area. But i think its getting better. Overall, pain is small.

-----------------------------------------------
Above was written like 5 days post operation
-----------------------------------------------

Most of the pain i have felt until now has been related to bruises i think. Right now im experiencing pain in the groin area of the right leg, but only when i walk and only sometimes, so its getting better. I also feel pain occasionally in the knee region, but then again, there are visible bruises there so the pain will probably be gone in a few days.

I have been clicking now for a few days and i must say this is the biggest challenge for me. Im getting better at it though, trying different methods.

Right now i can walk without crutches but i avoid doing so until i feel no pain anymore in the groin area.

fivetenneeded2016

Re: Internal femur with Dr. Betz 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »

All the best bro :) keep us updated ;)
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Android

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »

Excellent start tallertree, best of luck on your journey.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

tallertree

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 08:44:11 AM »

today is about 2 weeks post operation and just finished clicking for the day. Clicking is still painful and the reason for this is not the clicking itself, but rather bruises and very stiff muscles. On my right leg i have bruises on the knee wich produces very annoying pain when twisting the leg. When clicking on my left leg i have instead a lot of pain around the hip area, it feels extremely stiff. With the right training and time, i suppose these problems will go away.

According to Dr. Betz my mobility is very good, among the best he said. I walk a lot and do exercises as much as i can.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 09:59:52 AM by tallertree »

tallertree

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 08:55:17 AM »

Clicking is now much easier. The key for painless clicking is to relax the muscles as much as possible.

Im having a bit more pain around the upper-back side of both legs due to lengthening. It feels more and more stiff. However, im stretching daily and walking so hopefully it wont last to long.

tallertree

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:38 AM »

I have reached 3cm now and everything is going good. Clicking works good now, although it takes some time, but thats okey as long as its painless.

The bad thing is that i have a little bit of wide legs, but im stretching everyday so hopefully it wont last long.

myloginacc

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »

Good luck, tallertree. Thanks for the diary.

Wishing you the best.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

tallertree

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 10:18:58 AM »

Thx:)

I have now reached 4cm. Clicking is getting easier for everyday, i finnish both legs now in about 30min. Another good thing is that overall pain is very small, i could easily go a whole day without any painkiller. The only reason i take it is because im afraid that the clicking will be hard if i dont, maybe its just in my head but i dont want to take any risks yet because its going very good for me now.

I still have widelegs and the latest thing im trying is the shockwave device and it helps alot to relax the it band. However, its not the ordinary nozzle wich vibrates in a small area, but another one wich is more like massage on a bigger area with lower force.

wishadream

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 10:47:25 AM »

Hi Talletree. Congratulations having the surgery and I hope recovery goes fine and smooth for you. I appreciate if you tell us about complications such as duck ass, wide legs, tension and etc. if they are getting better ?? I hope you can lengthen up to your goal of 8 9 cm

tallertree

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 02:07:21 PM »

Hi wishadream

Thank you:)

I still have wide legs and im stretching the it-bands daily. Thats the only complication im having right now, and as stated in my previous post im basically not feeling any pain at all, so that feels great.

If i manage to fix the wide legs soon i will be able to walk completely normal, but stretching the it-bands is hard. The thing is that i didn't really stretch the it-band until i noticed the wide legs. My PT told me to do that but i didn't take it seriously. Obviously i can not blame him or any other person for it, but it feels like they should have told me exactly what causes things like wide legs, duckass etc in the very beginning. I had no idea wide legs was caused by the it-bands for example. Today i skipped the clicking because i want to stretch the it-band and recover as fast as possible. I might skip clicking tomorrow aswell.

I did x-ray a few days ago and i saw some low-res photos of them and there is good callus forming so thats very good :) i will get the real photos sent to me in a few days.

Also, i left Germany like one month after the operation. I have a good daily routine now when im home. I take a warm bath in the morning before clicking to soften the muscles. I also have a exercise bike wich i use like 5 times per day.

patientprivacy

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 02:59:44 PM »

What's wide legs Tallertree? Did LL make your legs wider? What do you mean? How does IT band cause wide legs? Thanks

tallertree

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »

It means that your legs are separated from each other when standing up straight(in my case like 30cm distance). You can not stand up and have your feets next/close to each other. This is caused by the it-band not being stretched enough.

patientprivacy

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 03:47:15 PM »

I seeā€¦ Do you mean apparent valgus/varus deformities? 30 cm is a lot!

tallertree

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »

My wide legs is now getting better. I have reduced the clicking to half speed and this way its much easier for me to stretch the it-bands. When i feel that my wide legs have been reduced enough, i will go back to 15 clicks i think.

My suggestion to all of you who consider doing this surgery, stretch alot after the surgery. Because if you dont you will develop wide legs and duck ass etc. I took this for granted. Until recently i had no wide legs, then i suddenly realized i had it.

Clicking is completely painless now so that is a big relief.

totallyred

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 08:01:56 PM »

How much have you lengthened till now?

tallertree

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »

Im at 4,3cm now. I skipped clicking for two days and the last two days i clicked 10 times only each day. 10 clicks = 0,52mm

totallyred

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »

Thanks...can you please tell would you go for IT band release and if yes when or at what amount?

tallertree

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 08:16:31 PM »

No i would not. I have not heard any information about any it band release. If you keep stretching then i suppose you dont need that.

tallertree

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 06:20:28 PM »

Almost at 5cm. Im clicking at halfspeed right now wich is 0,5mm/day. The reason for this is that i dont want the widelegs to be worse.

Sometimes when i sit down to long and then stand up i can feel quite sore in the knees. However, i use a exercise bike everyday and i think this has helped alot to reduce pain/problem related to knees. Another good thing is that i can pick up things from the floor by my self.

tallertree

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 06:22:35 PM »

Today i reached 5cm

Now im starting to feel the height difference. Actually, when im alone i dont really feel taller, but when i meet people i definitely feel taller.

Still clicking 0,5mm/day. Since yesterday im feeling pain on the front side of the right femur, but only when i put pressure on it. I have felt this before though so it will most likely go away very soon. That is also something you will learn while lengthening, ie that pain comes and goes.

tallertree

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 08:29:47 PM »

This is a video of me walking, around 60 days post operation. I can walk at normal speed, but because of the wide legs i cant really walk normal yet. However, considering i have reached 5cm, i think im in good condition.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 08:35:28 PM »

This is a video of me walking, around 60 days post operation. I can walk at normal speed, but because of the wide legs i cant really walk normal yet. However, considering i have reached 5cm, i think im in good condition.

So good to see that! You are allowed to walk without crutches?
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

tallertree

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2018, 08:36:16 PM »

tallertree

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »

So good to see that! You are allowed to walk without crutches?
I can walk without crutches, but usually i use them and thats because of safety so i dont accidentally fall and because my walking is more stable with crutches and its better for the body.

Movie

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 08:41:30 PM »

what was the price for this whole procedure with Dr. Betz?
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

tallertree

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 10:00:59 PM »

what was the price for this whole procedure with Dr. Betz?
52k euro

totallyred

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 08:03:33 AM »

In the video above uploaded, why your right side looks more abnormal in walking while left seems to be kind of normal? Do you feel the same?

tallertree

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 08:56:58 AM »

In the video above uploaded, why your right side looks more abnormal in walking while left seems to be kind of normal? Do you feel the same?
Yes, but thats because i have felt pain before when putting preasure on the right leg, and i kind of still have that habit. But i think the problem is mostly due to the wide legs, it does not feel normal to not be able to close the legs. When i look at other people walking, their legs are very close to each other when walking.

lucindaris

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2018, 12:27:45 PM »

Good luck man, hope you reach 8 cm.

tallertree

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2018, 10:29:23 AM »

Thank you:)

This is how my scars look like:

tallertree

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 01:33:53 PM »

I have now reached 6cm. Everything is going good, i have no pain other than being a bit sore in the morning when i wake up. My latest x-rays show good callus growth. Still no duckass or banding knees. I still have widelegs though, but its getting much better.

This is a video of me walking right after stretching my legs.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up