Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering LON (tibia - 5cm) in India [Current ht.- 178cm, Aim - 183cm)  (Read 446 times)

gymbot

• Visitor

Weight: 67Kg
Current ht: 178cm(morning)

Hello, fellow LL'ers. Hope you are doing well. I am considering a LON (tibia 5cm) in India. I stay in India and am planning to keep this LL procedure a secret. I had contacted a couple of doctors regarding this procedure but am getting slightly confused about this. I contacted Dr. Amar Sarin and he was okay to consider conducting this procedure. I also have contacted Dr. Parihar but I was told that keeping this a secret is not an option (plus accommodation during lengthening could be tricky). Need help from other LL'ers in this forum for guidance regarding doctor selection in India. I am keeping my options open just yet.

I want minimal/no complications but some of the horror stories in this forum are just Heartbreaking. I need guidance if 5cm in Tibia is a safe height and what all precautions would I need to take to prevent complications like Ballerina, Non-Union, and X Legs. I want to be extremely cautious and also do not want my friends/family to know I had gone through such a procedure (LL is still kind of a stigma in countries like India). Any help/guidance would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks and Regards

overandover

Weight: 67Kg
Current ht: 178cm(morning)

Hello, fellow LL'ers. Hope you are doing well. I am considering a LON (tibia 5cm) in India. I stay in India and am planning to keep this LL procedure a secret. I had contacted a couple of doctors regarding this procedure but am getting slightly confused about this. I contacted Dr. Amar Sarin and he was okay to consider conducting this procedure. I also have contacted Dr. Parihar but I was told that keeping this a secret is not an option (plus accommodation during lengthening could be tricky). Need help from other LL'ers in this forum for guidance regarding doctor selection in India. I am keeping my options open just yet.

I want minimal/no complications but some of the horror stories in this forum are just Heartbreaking. I need guidance if 5cm in Tibia is a safe height and what all precautions would I need to take to prevent complications like Ballerina, Non-Union, and X Legs. I want to be extremely cautious and also do not want my friends/family to know I had gone through such a procedure (LL is still kind of a stigma in countries like India). Any help/guidance would be deeply appreciated!

Thanks and Regards

I am also planning with Parihar in few months maybe in November or sept. Don't go with Sarin. Parihar is the best LL surgeon in India and Mumbai is safer than delhi and that area where Sarin operates. If you get any complications Sarin won't be able to handle that but parihar can handle anything. You can check his reviews on this Indian doctor's appointment booking website.

https://www.practo.com/mumbai/doctor/mangal-parihar-orthopedist/recommended

lemonz

• Visitor

Do it in the US or Europe if you want privacy. We have strict medical privacy laws and a legal system to enforce them.

I can imagine in India, the surgeon can casually give your phone number and email ID to prospective patients and shows your before and after photos as it is. They probably have no data privacy laws.

gymbot

• Visitor

I did consider undergoing this procedure abroad. However, I have significant cost constraints (since I primarily work out of here) and could barely arrange for a LON in India. I know this cost cut could have implications and hence I wanted to be extra careful. Taking this situation into consideration, I want to be very conservative in my LL and not exceed 5cm (even less if premature complications arise). I just need help from experienced LL'ers here about the stuff I need to take care of (including choosing the right doctor in India) to avoid such a scenario.

overandover

Do it in the US or Europe if you want privacy. We have strict medical privacy laws and a legal system to enforce them.

I can imagine in India, the surgeon can casually give your phone number and email ID to prospective patients and shows your before and after photos as it is. They probably have no data privacy laws.

BS why would they give your info to anyone. Parihar only wants you to tell about the surgery to someone in your family so that if you die they can be contacted.

gymbot

• Visitor

Yeah. Makes sense. But I wanted to keep this a secret from my family members as well. I wanted to keep this experience extremely personal (something which only I would know of). I know usually that's not the case but I am embarrassed by what people would think of me. Cosmetic LL is still taboo in countries like India.

lemonz

• Visitor

BS why would they give your info to anyone. Parihar only wants you to tell about the surgery to someone in your family so that if you die they can be contacted.

As I said it might happen through carelessness, not necessarily from the main surgeon but anyone in the team. Privacy is not a thing in India.

If you get Stryde then I think you have to do some paperwork with the government through some other agency. More the people know about it, more the chances of a leak.

overandover

Yeah. Makes sense. But I wanted to keep this a secret from my family members as well. I wanted to keep this experience extremely personal (something which only I would know of). I know usually that's not the case but I am embarrassed by what people would think of me. Cosmetic LL is still taboo in countries like India.

IMO Turkey is a better option than Sarin if you are on a budget.

gymbot

• Visitor

In such a scenario, could you please refer me to a few doctors and let me know their price ranges in Turkey? I guess accommodation and travel should add to the costs as well. Plus in India, I would have the option of remote work since most of the offices are shut down due to the ongoing COVID situation (so there would be no loss of pay).

overandover

In such a scenario, could you please refer me to a few doctors and let me know their price ranges in Turkey? I guess accommodation and travel should add to the costs as well. Plus in India, I would have the option of remote work since most of the offices are shut down due to the ongoing COVID situation (so there would be no loss of pay).

hearing good things about Dr HALIL BULDU

lemonz

• Visitor

Turkey is where you would least privacy. Halil's team is always roaming around with cameras.

LON with Giotikas would be better for privacy and not that expensive.

Or just save for a couple of years and do it in the US.

overandover

Turkey is where you would least privacy. Halil's team is always roaming around with cameras.

LON with Giotikas would be better for privacy and not that expensive.

Or just save for a couple of years and do it in the US.

Giotikas is definitely better and US >>>> .

But if you are going for them then maybe precice in femurs is better. You can go full 8 cm.

gymbot

• Visitor

Thanks for the information! I will look into all options and come to a conclusion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up