Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roster of 2+ years post LL veterans  (Read 665 times)

ChangeMyLife

Roster of 2+ years post LL veterans
« on: July 09, 2021, 01:23:48 AM »

Hi all, I'm seriously considering LL, and I'm trying to understand the recovery of patients after ~2 years post surgery. Can folks who've had their surgery 2 or more years ago please post your details, how you're doing, are you back to 100% (gym / running / jumping, etc.), any persisting issues? Really appreciate all your help and posts on this forum.

Fiveandsomething

Re: Roster of 2+ years post LL veterans
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 07:30:28 AM »

Hi all, I'm seriously considering LL, and I'm trying to understand the recovery of patients after ~2 years post surgery. Can folks who've had their surgery 2 or more years ago please post your details, how you're doing, are you back to 100% (gym / running / jumping, etc.), any persisting issues? Really appreciate all your help and posts on this forum.

You people need to STFU with all these. People get the surgery and move on with their lives. No one has tome to be calculating risk for you . Do it or don’t it. Phuck. I hate seeing post like this. No one owes you anything. There is risk and others may recover in a much shorter time than you will or vice versa. Ugh
Meh.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 12:23:05 AM »

You people need to STFU with all these. People get the surgery and move on with their lives. No one has tome to be calculating risk for you . Do it or don’t it. Phuck. I hate seeing post like this. No one owes you anything. There is risk and others may recover in a much shorter time than you will or vice versa. Ugh

I thought his question was actually pretty polite and reasonable lol, I’m sure there’s a few people here who still post 2 years after surgery who could answer.

6CMFemurs

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 02:11:37 AM »

7.5 years post op here and I am doing fine. I haven’t really played any high intensity contact sports, but I regularly smoke people my age (30) up and down mountains at hiking and trail running. My walking gait is abnormally fast. I wonder if this is due to longer strides from longer femurs. I can run fairly fast.  I have some discomfort in my hips. I am not sure if that is due to the screws in my rods (they are still in place), or because of the reaming of the bone. I also have slight knee pain due to a bilateral deformity of my tibae. I definitely still have some weakness in my glutes, my butt is a lot smaller than pre-op. I weight about 15 lbs more than I did pre-op. I can’t assign percentages to my recovery, but I have no limitations in day to day function and only minor day to day discomfort.

ChangeMyLife

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 04:05:21 PM »

I thought his question was actually pretty polite and reasonable lol, I’m sure there’s a few people here who still post 2 years after surgery who could answer.

Hey HobbitMan! I've been following your diary, thank you for your contributions to this forum, it's been very helpful for me to prepare mentally as I get into this next year. Keep up the great work man, I'm rooting for you!

7.5 years post op here and I am doing fine. I haven’t really played any high intensity contact sports, but I regularly smoke people my age (30) up and down mountains at hiking and trail running. My walking gait is abnormally fast. I wonder if this is due to longer strides from longer femurs. I can run fairly fast.  I have some discomfort in my hips. I am not sure if that is due to the screws in my rods (they are still in place), or because of the reaming of the bone. I also have slight knee pain due to a bilateral deformity of my tibae. I definitely still have some weakness in my glutes, my butt is a lot smaller than pre-op. I weight about 15 lbs more than I did pre-op. I can’t assign percentages to my recovery, but I have no limitations in day to day function and only minor day to day discomfort.

Hey 6CMFemurs, thanks so much for your account. I hope the hip discomfort isn't stopping you from living your life to the fullest. Curious why you left the rods in - what sort of implant did you get? Also did the bilateral deformity arise after the LL surgery or did you have it from before? How would you rate the day to day discomfort on a pain scale of 1/10?
Pages: [1]   Go Up