Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worth to do 5 cms?  (Read 1609 times)

senk

Worth to do 5 cms?
« on: July 12, 2021, 01:40:06 PM »

My height is 168-169, do you think that doing 5 cm femurs is worth it,? to pass from well below average to a little below, my biggest fear is to do the surgery and feel like its wasnt worth, my goal is obviously not to be tall yet to feel like im average or really near to it, and im sticking to 5 cm because  want my proportions to feel normal even when nked.
Does anyone thinks like this?

Thehighest

Re: Worth to do 5 cms?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 02:15:05 PM »

You can do 6 cm in femurs easily and yes you will notice the difference

overandover

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 02:33:57 PM »

My height is 168-169, do you think that doing 5 cm femurs is worth it,? to pass from well below average to a little below, my biggest fear is to do the surgery and feel like its wasnt worth, my goal is obviously not to be tall yet to feel like im average or really near to it, and im sticking to 5 cm because  want my proportions to feel normal even when nked.
Does anyone thinks like this?

5 cm is like eyes to hairline. It's not life-changing or anything but it can cure height neurosis for most people.

Worzezterlire

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 02:36:38 PM »

Ive noticed 1 inch so far.  You will notice 2 inches or more easily.  I would even say you might consider 8cm if you’re able to, since 168 to 176 would bring you a whole standard deviation taller.  Which is extremely visible.

senk

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 02:41:48 PM »

Are you doing the lengthening phase now hobbit man? How are you doing? Thank you for all your answers and i'd like to know more opinions ^^

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 02:48:09 PM »

Ive noticed 1 inch so far.  You will notice 2 inches or more easily.  I would even say you might consider 8cm if you’re able to, since 168 to 176 would bring you a whole standard deviation taller.  Which is extremely visible.

Who are you doing it with? I “officially” hit 5’8 the other day but I don’t feel nothing, 173.5CM.
A little disappointing but I guess 5’7 to 5’8 won’t be that noticeable? Idk, I’m quite disappointed.
Meh.

senk

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 02:53:45 PM »

Who are you doing it with? I “officially” hit 5’8 the other day but I don’t feel nothing, 173.5CM.
A little disappointing but I guess 5’7 to 5’8 won’t be that noticeable? Idk, I’m quite disappointed.
  Your dissapointment will come depending on your expectations i guess, which objective do you have in mind, in terms of height or the reason of doing LL?

Worzezterlire

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 03:10:20 PM »

Are you doing the lengthening phase now hobbit man? How are you doing? Thank you for all your answers and i'd like to know more opinions ^^

Yep!  28mm so far.  I can’t even stand up entirely straight and even then I measure over 5’10 consistently now with the aerosol spray can method.  Keep in mind in January Paley measured me at 5’8.25… I did PT for my scoliosis for half a year which got me to 5’9 night height (crazy, I know), and now I’m another inch beyond that.  The difference is astounding.  I feel like I’m starting to enter above average height now.  I’m planning on the entire 8cm by the way.  I’ll be 6’0.5” when I finish.

With Dr Debiparshad.  5’7 to 5’8 probably isn’t as noticeable as once you get to 5’9 or above.  That’s when you become taller than virtually all women and 50% of men.  5’7” is only taller than about 25% of men.  So once you get another inch you’ll start rapidly noticing changes.

senk

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 03:25:11 PM »

I'm curious, did you feel short at 5'9?(that's my target height) Or you just wanted to be taller? And the thing you said that with 5'7 you are taller than 25% of men i think its quite higher right? like with 5'8 you are at 25% imo

Worzezterlire

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 03:40:32 PM »

I'm curious, did you feel short at 5'9?(that's my target height) Or you just wanted to be taller? And the thing you said that with 5'7 you are taller than 25% of men i think its quite higher right? like with 5'8 you are at 25% imo

Not sure about percentiles but at 5’9” I felt kind of average.  I had bad height neurosis where it was the one thing I could think about all the time.  I knew objectively I wasn’t short and it was not an issue in dating but I wanted to become tall.  It’s partially a luxury to become over 6’ and partially to cure my extreme height neurosis.  It really was debilitating to me for the past year and even at 5’10 it’s starting to disappear.  I already feel like a bigger guy.

5’9” is a good height and the difference between that and 5’7 is astounding especially for dating.  I know 5’7” friends who get picked on for their height by dates but at 5’9” that disappears.  You won’t look tall ever, you will be plainly average looking, but nobody except insecure tall guys and a small minority of women will ever call you short.  Plus you can claim 5’10 since everyone lies at least 1 inch.  Nobody except very tall women will call you out.

But honestly, consider going for 7.5-8cm.  You’ll look fine as long as you’re not starting with long legs. And you will feel even taller.

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 10:27:52 PM »

With Dr Debiparshad.  5’7 to 5’8 probably isn’t as noticeable as once you get to 5’9 or above.  That’s when you become taller than virtually all women and 50% of men.  5’7” is only taller than about 25% of men.  So once you get another inch you’ll start rapidly noticing changes.

Thanks for the response. My goal is to 5’10 as well. I measured myself earlier and I’m actually 174. But like you said it isn’t noticeable at all when I look in the mirror, but I’ve noticed sitting down and standing up as gotten harder as my legs are longer than my reach.

We’re at the same pace lol I’m currently at 29.5mm. I do about 1.25 per day but plan to jump to 1.50 after the 23rd. I’m having terrible mood wings lately and have started isolating myself. I don’t wanna be here anymore so I just wanna reach my goal ASAP and get this fixator removed.
Meh.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 02:26:27 AM »

I didn't notice anything until about 5cm, and then all of a sudden I was like "holy crap I'm taller!"
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Fiveandsomething

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2021, 06:44:18 AM »

I didn't notice anything until about 5cm, and then all of a sudden I was like "holy crap I'm taller!"

Thank you. Yeah had a feeling 1 inch prolly wasn’t gonna be all that.

Can’t wait to notice that, I’d presume it gives more motivation.
Meh.

Activatedxx

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2021, 07:00:59 AM »

Same. Even at 4cm, I felt slightly taller but not really that much. It’s so weird but 5cm is like the magic mark where you’re like holy   I feel a lot taller
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up