Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibia lengthening with Dr. Rozbruch  (Read 3284 times)

Limbfan2020

Re: Tibia lengthening with Dr. Rozbruch
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2022, 03:14:23 PM »

Does he still do cosmetic limb-lengthening surgeries? According to this article, he is strongly against CLL:

"I'm a leg-lengthening surgeon. I won't do cosmetic procedures because they cheapen what my work is really about — fixing deformities.

I do limb-lengthening reconstruction, not that bull****  cosmetic limb-lengthening that was discussed in GQ. That article was very disheartening because it's taken this incredible field and cheapened it.

The idea of some celebrity who's 5-foot-10 getting stature-lengthening done to be 6-foot-1 isn't appropriate. It makes me nauseous that those stories get labeled with "limb-lengthening" and everybody and their uncle sends me the article, saying "Oh, wow, did you see this?" That's not what I am; that's not what we are."

https://www.businessinsider.com/limb-lengthening-surgery-not-make-you-taller-cosmetic-height-2022-12

hippo60

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2022, 03:21:41 PM »

"Stature-lengthening is something we can do. It's appropriate for carefully selected patients with very short stature that's debilitating physically or psychologically. That's very different from operating on someone who just wants to be taller and is already average height, which is 5-foot-9 for men and 5-foot-4 for women in the US."

forumonly2019

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2023, 12:37:47 PM »

Professional. Entire treating process was well worth the price. Had less pain and pills. Just need to manage pt near your place. I strongly recommend.

forumonly2019

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2023, 12:44:38 PM »

I think so. However I need to admit that I’m a bit shocked by his tone towards cosmetic lengthening in that article, although he did mention that this surgery is meant for ppl whose height is below average. My femur surgery was done by paley. Then tibia with Rozbruch, obviously my proportion was off after lengthening femurs, i was able to schedule surgery with him after psychological evaluation with another doctor at manhattan. I explained to him that all my relatives and friends are taller than average height which made me feel inferior truly, he understood,
Last removal of rods surgery he looked tired and made me waited couple hours which was fine, but maybe he has been on tight schedule during recent months or so, I’m not sure.

forumonly2019

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2023, 12:49:38 PM »

He is ok with lengthening upper arm, not so sure on forearm. But if i do get first part done, i will have to lengthen forearms as well, or else i would look really weird.

MosheRothPT

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2023, 01:47:24 PM »

Interesting that you didnt have any PT- in my 20 years experience, PT is essential for the LL process. Patients who are diligent and motivated can get by, but I highly recommend having someone skilled and knowledgeable monitoring your progress physically.

forumonly2019

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2023, 02:11:04 PM »

I did pt on my own but not much, initially 15-25 minutes standing per day and some flat stretches, later on i relaxed more so less and less, for tibia lengthening there are only two stretches so don’t need to hire someone for pt wise actually.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2023, 03:30:16 PM »

What are your thoughts on a patient ice wrapping the lower legs for hours each day the first two weeks? For pain

Cookie Girl

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2023, 09:06:07 AM »

How is your pain?
I'm thinking of having surgery
5'3 to 5'6

bruhh

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2024, 03:17:16 AM »

He is ok with lengthening upper arm, not so sure on forearm. But if i do get first part done, i will have to lengthen forearms as well, or else i would look really weird.

Did you end up getting humerus lengthening with Dr. R? Forearm lengthening is impossible AFAIK.

Beemer m3

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2024, 06:09:48 AM »

i want humerous lengthening maybe one inch. but dunno how my arms will be . in so much pain i can imagine. ill have 5'8 wing span by then.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up