Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: During LL, what are the most common things you are tempted to buy?  (Read 446 times)

SpeedDialer

Ex: things you end up being tempted to buy during LL but shouldn't buy (to keep costs down)

Worzezterlire

Re: During LL, what are the most common things you are tempted to buy?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 02:21:23 PM »

Things related to lengthening, things in general, what do you mean?  Very odd question and I’m not sure I understand.

ilovescience

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 02:59:18 PM »

Things related to lengthening, things in general, what do you mean?  Very odd question and I’m not sure I understand.

I think he means something you would love to buy during the process. One thing that came to my mind is pain killer. During the rehab of LL, pain is there and you can't do much about it other than applying something like pain killer to alleviate the pain. But that pain killer might cost a lot?

Worzezterlire

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 03:55:50 PM »

I think he means something you would love to buy during the process. One thing that came to my mind is pain killer. During the rehab of LL, pain is there and you can't do much about it other than applying something like pain killer to alleviate the pain. But that pain killer might cost a lot?

You’ll generally be prescribed painkillers and the only OTC stuff that you’ll be able to use is usually acetaminophen.  I think it’s the only NSAID most doctors will allow, especially if you’re in blood thinners which all non weight bearing (and even many weight bearing) patients should be on.

You can buy ice boxes that attach to pads, they’re basically ice pads that are hooked up to an ice box you plug into a power outlet.  They used it on me in the hospital and it kinda worked.

Muscle stimulators I hear are good, I bought one for $50 but haven’t used yet.

Honestly dunking your legs into warm water is the biggest painkiller of them all  ;D

ab608

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2021, 04:56:27 PM »

I'm doing LL right now (currently in consolidation) and I shared a list of things that I've used throughout this process on my diary a few weeks ago (hopefully you can see it!): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y9FBpearMEqThe0luRJ4yZKk1eGEi6wVVWGgdbb8k6o/edit#gid=0

Although, for some of these items, it's probably a good idea to wait until you've actually started the process to buy, since things that worked for me may not always work for other people. Also I suck at returning things once I've bought them haha, so I always like to take an as-needed approach t buying things (Amazon prime is great for that).

SpeedDialer

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 06:50:00 AM »

Ah so when I wrote the OP I meant like "what are some things you are tempted to impulse buy that are not worth it"

What do you think?

Also, I'm curious- what kind of muscle stimulators are best during LL?
Pages: [1]   Go Up