Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This man possessed a special ability to increase height by 7.5" instantly  (Read 1145 times)

-

Clarence E Willard (1882 – July 31, 1962) was an American vaudeville performer. After carrying out stretching exercises, Willard found he was able to increase his height at will by 7+1⁄2 inches (19 cm) and also elongate his arms and legs.

Clarence Willard found that he was able to increase his height by carrying out certain exercises. The nature of these is unclear, the 1978 Guinness Book of World Records stating it was through "constant practice in muscular manipulation of the vertebrae" while Willard told a 1958 Society of American Magicians meeting that by carrying out stretching exercises, he could separate his hip bones and ribs.[3][4] He found that through these means he could add 7+1⁄2 inches (19 cm) to his natural height of 5 feet 9+3⁄4 inches (177 cm); he was also able to extend the length of his arms by 8–15 inches (20–38 cm) and make one leg 4 inches (10 cm) longer than the other.[5]

Willard's was described as the best of a number of elongation freak show acts of the period.[6] He used no trickery in his act and the elongation achieved was real, though he sometimes used optical illusions to enhance the effect.[4] Part of his act was to call out for a volunteer from the audience to stand next to him while he would increase in height.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_E._Willard

Ak95

Bull

Ak95

Bs who the f believe this

MeanGoal

Another bizarre sh-tpost. Why do you keep changing your username, TSF2025 (that was your previous username)?

-

Do you people even click the link before calling it bizzare/bull / post/whatever?

It's all there written on credible sources, even with X-Ray photos.

Now explain how is this bull ?

Ak95

If something on this bs would be true the whole world would know this guy
The link did not say anything about how this could growth so much so I say it again it is bs

Body Builder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_E._Willard

So what. Do you know the trick he did to share it with us?
Or do you believe that someone could become permanently taller for inches with tricks like that and not LL?

Worzezterlire

It could be true!  But he also probably had some undiagnosed condition that allowed him to detach his joints or something.  Cool 30 second read, useless for height gain.  ;)

MeanGoal

The wiki article says itself: "Clarence Willard found that he was able to increase his height by carrying out certain exercises. The nature of these is unclear"

In the YouTube video, Clarence is introduced at 4:30 and demonstrates his growth ability at 4:45. He temporarily "grows" 2 to 3 inches because he is slowly tip toeing. Notice the camera does not show his lower ankle and feet, and when he "grows", his pants are also going upward.

Just pure bulls-it.

-

The wiki article says itself: "Clarence Willard found that he was able to increase his height by carrying out certain exercises. The nature of these is unclear"

In the YouTube video, Clarence is introduced at 4:30 and demonstrates his growth ability at 4:45. He temporarily "grows" 2 to 3 inches because he is slowly tip toeing. Notice the camera does not show his lower ankle and feet, and when he "grows", his pants are also going upward.

Just pure bulls-it.

Also the wiki article:

the 1978 Guinness Book of World Records stating it was through "constant practice in muscular manipulation of the vertebrae" while Willard told a 1958 Society of American Magicians meeting that by carrying out stretching exercises, he could separate his hip bones and ribs.[3][4] He found that through these means he could add 7+1⁄2 inches (19 cm) to his natural height of 5 feet 9+3⁄4 inches (177 cm); he was also able to extend the length of his arms by 8–15 inches (20–38 cm) and make one leg 4 inches (10 cm) longer than the other.

He used no trickery in his act and the elongation achieved was real, though he sometimes used optical illusions to enhance the effect.[4] Part of his act was to call out for a volunteer from the audience to stand next to him while he would increase in height.

If something on this bs would be true the whole world would know this guy
The link did not say anything about how this could growth so much so I say it again it is bs

It says everything. You just need to read it.

So what. Do you know the trick he did to share it with us?
Or do you believe that someone could become permanently taller for inches with tricks like that and not LL?

Let's say that I'm trying to find out.

Ak95

I read it. The article only said he did exercises but not exactly which exercises.

-

I read it. The article only said he did exercises but not exactly which exercises.

So it didn't say. But why are you being so ignorant calling it straight bull ? Something is not bull  just because you don't know.

Ak95

No explaining no fukin proof for anything of this guy
People doing surgery because we have no other way to get Taller
I say it again it is bs. Nobody knows this guy. I can’t see any proofs of this guy.

-

No explaining no fukin proof for anything of this guy
People doing surgery because we have no other way to get Taller
I say it again it is bs. Nobody knows this guy. I can’t see any proofs of this guy.

I forgot to link it. There are some x-ray photos here: https://www.amusingplanet.com/2021/06/clarence-e-willard-man-of-could-grow-at.html?m=1

Body Builder

I forgot to link it. There are some x-ray photos here: https://www.amusingplanet.com/2021/06/clarence-e-willard-man-of-could-grow-at.html?m=1
That "x ray" only showed his neck in a normal and a stretched position.
Nothing that could explain 7.5 inches of added height.

I truly believe that all this was a trick like many that magicians do. Nothing real and nothing that could help any future LLer.

Ak95

The x-ray shows only his neck.
Not a single proof that this guy grow over 7 inches
Can we close this thread ?

10cmOnTibiaOrGTFO

it worked for me i am 8feet tall now  8)

-

The x-ray shows only his neck.
Not a single proof that this guy grow over 7 inches
Can we close this thread ?

Why would you need to close this thread? If you don't like it, just don't click it?

Or do you feel bothered by the possibility of other height increase methods?

Ak95

I am tired ob bs Threads like this
It’s not even a method to increase your height.
If you really have a method to increase your height without survey and with a real proof than post it
But don’t post such dumb bs

Sambollio

This forum has too many dumb posts like this that just take up space. Posts like this and incel posts need to be addressed more strictly by mods.

Sambollio

Ya this forum is way to lax on what content is allowed, it’s getting both embarrassing and frustrating.

Atlas

Why would you need to close this thread? If you don't like it, just don't click it?

Or do you feel bothered by the possibility of other height increase methods?

He probably hate seeing stupid post on this forum same feeling as when someone say something very stupid and you want to shut his mouth

I don't think thread is worth a discussion lmao, anyone with half of brain will know this is bull , this forum is so sad that something like this post is allowed.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!

Perhaps his growth plate closure times are later than normal cuz not only his legs but also his arms can still grow at that age.Nothing strange.
But before u found his top secret exercises,nothing can help us LLers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up